Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/15 Toronto [Updates]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/15 Toronto [Updates]  (Read 24091 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2006, 02:37:08 AM »

If i recall correctly DOTF was the band's idea to play for the first time not axl's
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2006, 02:41:39 AM »

A "casual" fan of the band WANTS to hear the classics not new material that hasn't been talked about or played.  They want something they can connect with.  Just imagine going to a concert where you only know the classic songs of the band then they start playing new stuff out of no where.  I agree with the setlist arrangement for every show, but they DO need to add in a few more Illusion tracks!
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2006, 02:43:11 AM »

Fuckin Amazing. Thats all.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2006, 02:45:02 AM »

I want to know about the suicide girls act I know about Guns act now I want to know how the girls act was  ok

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2006, 02:46:09 AM »

Dudes,

Just got back from the show.  Even though it was the same setlist as previous shows, still had a great time.  Not sure when the first song hit (11:20 - 11:30), but this show went really long.  By the end I'd say 30 percent of the people had left, which sucks for them as they missed great performances of Night Train and Paradise City.

From my vantage point (floor), not sure how much the crowd was digging the new songs.  I think part of the problem tonight is by the time the band got them, most people were pretty tired.

All in all, a great show.  Looking forward to Ottawa.

Cheers,

Andrew.

PS.  For those curious: the start of the GNR show the ACC was pretty full, say 90-95% sold  Bas said on the radio that 18 600 tickets were sold and it looked like it.  However, the crowd had thinned by the end.  14 people were in my group and only 8 were still around by the end.  Like I said, great show, but lasted well into the night.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
northernwave
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2006, 02:47:04 AM »

Dear GN'R....please, please, please, please, please fire your soundmen. ?The sound mix tonight in Toronto was horrible...really, really horrible. ?You could hardly hear Axl at all on some songs and the rest of the time, he was buried in the mix. ?I was looking forward to this concert so much. ?The rink was packed, the band played great, the Trailer Park Boys were onstage for Bach - Bubbles sang 'Liquor and Whores' ?and ?then Bubbles introduced Bach during Guns set...Ron played O Canada, the band was extremely tight....they had amazing energy and the setlist was stellar...but my fuck, how can the soundmen be that bad. ? Seriously. ?
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2006, 02:52:34 AM »

Just got home from the show. I have to go get my 4 hours of sleep before getting up for work, so I'll be brief. This show was phenomenal. I saw the 2002 Toronto show and 2 Hammerstein's, and I must say this was right up there with New York in terms of quality. The guitar solos were all top-notch tonight. The crowd seemed to really enjoy them as well. I was down on the floor not far from the stage, some standing around during the new songs (since a lot of people didn't know them), but they still got pretty good applause.

Bumble's solo started with "Oh Canada", then some shredding, then his full "Don't Cry". Bumble's "November Rain" end solo was unbelievable as well. He was the star of the night after Axl, IMO.

Baz looked so happy, mentioned how much he loves Toronto and the people about 10 times. Trailer Park Boys came out and sang a song in the middle of his set. He referred to a sold-out Air Canada Centre, and the place was packed. It was still pretty full even at the end. Guns came on at 11:38pm, and ended at 1:54am.

Later on, during Guns set, Axl says he's going to introduce someone. Then he says jokingly, you think you know who it is, but you don't really. He then introduces Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys, who introduced Baz. Axl seemed to get a real kick out of the whole thing. Of course Baz joined GNR to do "My Michelle".

Very cool to hear "Used to Love Her". I would say that "Sweet Child o' Mine", Nightrain and Paradise City were the best songs of the evening. Dizzy's solo / The Blues was great as well.

Great show.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2006, 02:52:41 AM »

I'll tell you guys how the concert was. The concert on its own was amazing. The band sounded great and it was awesome hearing some of the new stuff live. I've been waiting for this day for good 15yrs now so for me it was a dream come true....Believe me every fiber of my body was on overload when the band came on stage....

So BELIEVE ME, I'm NOT complaining about the concert...

But if you want to hear the honest to god reaction of people around me

1- even my best friend was complaining that fuck I have to get up early in the morning. but we did stay and enjoyed it anyway

2- Pretty much everybody was sitting down by the time they got to OTGM. To a point that I was pissed at people around me

3- new songs are great. Better and Chineese are AWESOME, but honestly they need more exposure. I was in section 1 in some great seats, only a few people around me knew it and thats it. we were all kindda waiting for better. but I swear everyone else was looking at us like crazy people. Even if you were to look at the people right near the stage, not everyone was rocking out to them...... But they are fucking good for what it's worth

Before you people bash me, I almost cried when they played Knocking on Heavens..... I couldnt believe it was finally happening.... So it was an awesome night overall
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2006, 02:54:12 AM »

Yeah, there were definitely times when you couldn't hear Axl at all. Overall it sounded great, though.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2006, 02:57:05 AM »

FIRST GUNS SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!

Absolutely incredible! His voice was totally awesome....the place was sold out....the Trailor Park boys showed.....Baz rocked out too.........

I am in paradise  ok

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
northernwave
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2006, 02:57:39 AM »

the band was mixed well...they sounded amazing, but Axl was buried....I swear I could hear the backup vocals better. ?The mix in '02 was far superior. ? It's too bad cause when he did come through, he sounded incredible
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2006, 03:11:40 AM »

2- Pretty much everybody was sitting down by the time they got to OTGM. To a point that I was pissed at people around me

This is why I'm worried about having seats... I don't want to be standing around a bunch of people who are sitting down and/or leaving the concert.  How fucking lame!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2006, 03:16:05 AM »

This is why I'm worried about having seats... I don't want to be standing around a bunch of people who are sitting down and/or leaving the concert.  How fucking lame!

People were sitting down at Jax...........I just kept standing.
crazytrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2006, 03:18:28 AM »

Just got back from the show. ?Great show, the band was energetic and played great the whole night. ?No complaints there.

I was a bit disappointed at the crowd which was not as lively and into it in comparison to the crowd that was there in 2002.

I was in the seated section on the left side of the stage, and people around me were just sitting motionless with blank stares on their faces.  I can't tell if they were having a good time or not, but at least they stayed until the end.  There were pockets of people having a good time, but I felt that the 2002 crowd was a lot better.

Torontonians, I thought you knew how to rock better than that!!
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2006, 03:39:45 AM »

Ya TO's crowd was abit lame.. even Axl said it. When Ron was starting his solo Axl goes " Dont play too loud, the people on the leftside are all sleep" or something like that
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2006, 03:44:31 AM »

Ya TO's crowd was abit lame.. even Axl said it. When Ron was starting his solo Axl goes " Dont play too loud, the people on the leftside are all sleep" or something like that

At all three Florida shows I attended I felt the audience was the same way in spots. I would attribute this to age and being later on a weeknight.
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2006, 03:48:18 AM »

No clue. I guess you are right. Ya alot of people were bitching about that and some left right after patience  and like I said Lack of proper exposure probably has something to do with it too. I swear people infront of me still thought axl is gonna come out in TO's Jersey.. well it's NOT 2002 anymore!!
hbkthepromking
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2006, 03:50:31 AM »

i'm not complaining. i'm just wondering if they get bored.? i mean if they wanna play the same songs, couldn't they at least mix up the order.? like open w/nightrain, or put LALD in the encore...or SOMETHING.

Only people sitting in front of their computers get bored during a GNR show.

Real original.  Why don't you start saying you made up the phrase 'welcome to the jungle'.  C'mon dude.  Just cuz axl says it you don't have to rip him off word for word.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2006, 04:01:24 AM »

Dear GN'R....please, please, please, please, please fire your soundmen.  The sound mix tonight in Toronto was horrible...really, really horrible.  You could hardly hear Axl at all on some songs and the rest of the time, he was buried in the mix.  I was looking forward to this concert so much.  The rink was packed, the band played great, the Trailer Park Boys were onstage for Bach - Bubbles sang 'Liquor and Whores'  and  then Bubbles introduced Bach during Guns set...Ron played O Canada, the band was extremely tight....they had amazing energy and the setlist was stellar...but my fuck, how can the soundmen be that bad.   Seriously. 

The sound guy was messing around with axl's vocals on some tracks. Kept on changing back and forth from a clean to a distortion type vocal mix.  Axl seemed anoyed with the sound guy, he walked off stage early in  one song and tommy sang the outro. For the most part the band and axl sounded excellent!! Even better than the Hamerstien 1st show!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2006, 04:36:02 AM »

At all three Florida shows I attended I felt the audience was the same way in spots. I would attribute this to age and being later on a weeknight.

Well on a Friday show I'm not expecting people to be taking off half way through... I really belong in the GA floor though, sitting for a concert is NOT my thing.  Standing around people who are sitting will be a little strange...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: