Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Funny "Spinal Tap" parellels
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny "Spinal Tap" parellels  (Read 1957 times)
Edward Rose
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:13:36 PM »

I made this observation when I saw Frank playing drums at the Sheffield, England show.

Isn't it funny how band management was ready for the "Exploding Drummer" thing? I'm not saying Brain didn't have a good reason for stepping out for a while, and band management DID confirm that he would have come back for the U.S. tour if he was needed.

Another thing. THREE GUITAR PLAYERS? Smiley Maybe that's ANOTHER part of the fail safe plan? Think about it... if one of the guitar players came down with the flu, they wouldn't even need a replacement. There's also two keyboard players.

All we need now is a clone of Axl and "it'll all go perfectly to plan"
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:16:20 PM »

We've got Bach  ok
Edward Rose
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »

We've got Bach  ok

OH SNAP! I forgot about night #2 at Wembley!

Good one! Smiley
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 03:24:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure that "Lessons from Spinal Tap" is a required course at rock band management school.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »

All we need now is another bassist. Anyone?

Then again, as the legendary man would say: "The more guitars we have onstage the better, as I'm concerned." - Bruce Dickinson
Unfortunately, I don't think he ever said anything about drums... Sad

Edward Rose
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »

All we need now is another bassist. Anyone?

Then again, as the legendary man would say: "The more guitars we have onstage the better, as I'm concerned." - Bruce Dickinson
Unfortunately, I don't think he ever said anything about drums... Sad

Well I was gonna say that a bass player is easy to replace if he gets sick or has Fembot problems. But I didn't want anyone to think I was saying something bad about Tommy, cuz I'm not.
sonny_1313
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »

Their stage setup at the Jacksonville show on Halloween looked like something out of Spina Tap. ?There were inflatable monsters everywhere. ?It was a surreal moment seeing Axl perform in front of a giant inflatable Homer Simpson. ?And don't forget the two keyboardists. ?If they could only find someone to play the cowbell...
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 03:43:59 PM »

If they could only find someone to play the cowbell...
Christopher Walken never says no to work.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »

The whole thing with the midgets with Union Jacks had a touch of the Stonehenge about it.

Izzy going on for some songs - Nigel Tuffnel, anyone?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 05:47:57 PM »

If they could only find someone to play the cowbell...
Christopher Walken never says no to work.
Fantastic post!!!
i would pay millions to see Christopher Walken play cowbell for gnr Cheesy
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

I made this observation when I saw Frank playing drums at the Sheffield, England show.

Isn't it funny how band management was ready for the "Exploding Drummer" thing? I'm not saying Brain didn't have a good reason for stepping out for a while, and band management DID confirm that he would have come back for the U.S. tour if he was needed.

Another thing. THREE GUITAR PLAYERS? Smiley Maybe that's ANOTHER part of the fail safe plan? Think about it... if one of the guitar players came down with the flu, they wouldn't even need a replacement. There's also two keyboard players.

All we need now is a clone of Axl and "it'll all go perfectly to plan"

Well, the only thing that really parallels Spinal Tap out of what you listed is the replacement drummer.

Of course, there were dancing midgets at one point in the tour (a la Stonehenge).

Chris Pitman is GNR's equivalent to Viv Savage (did he even know his mic wasn't on?)

If there were three bassists you'd be on to something!  hihi (Big Bottom)

There's also this rumoured (albeit false) appearance at a record store.

And, well, Jarmo's like Marty DiBurgi at the moment, as he's following the band around.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »

Well, the only thing that really parallels Spinal Tap out of what you listed is the replacement drummer.

Of course, there were dancing midgets at one point in the tour (a la Stonehenge).

Chris Pitman is GNR's equivalent to Viv Savage (did he even know his mic wasn't on?)

If there were three bassists you'd be on to something!? hihi (Big Bottom)

There's also this rumoured (albeit false) appearance at a record store.

And, well, Jarmo's like Marty DiBurgi at the moment, as he's following the band around.

I was going to mention that myself... that the only parellel is the drummer situation. Although the Viv Savage part you mentioned is great too. I'd also like to mention that from 1987 on Guns N' Roses has "toured the world and elsewhere".  hihi And while we're making corrections; watch the skit again. Will Farrell plays the cowbell, Walken is the manager who can't get sick of the cowbell.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 06:24:51 PM »

Both Spinal Tap and GnR had really cool managers who booked a popular, sold out tour and handled promotion exceptionally well.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Edward Rose
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 07:59:14 PM »

I was going to mention that myself... that the only parellel is the drummer situation. Although the Viv Savage part you mentioned is great too. I'd also like to mention that from 1987 on Guns N' Roses has "toured the world and elsewhere".  hihi And while we're making corrections; watch the skit again. Will Farrell plays the cowbell, Walken is the manager who can't get sick of the cowbell.

I was talking about Axl having MOST band members backed up and ready for the exploding drummer thing. Not everything in the movie.
fixintodie
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 08:00:42 PM »

Both Spinal Tap and GnR had really cool managers who booked a popular, sold out tour and handled promotion exceptionally well.

rofl

I've just figured out what the Chinese Democracy cover art will be like.....let's just say, 'none more black'.
Edward Rose
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 08:12:58 PM »

rofl

I've just figured out what the Chinese Democracy cover art will be like.....let's just say, 'none more black'.

Metallica already did it! And the Beatles did white. Maybe RED? How about grey? Smiley
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 08:18:12 PM »

I'm Artie Fufkin....Kick my ass.....kick my ass!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
fixintodie
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 08:18:19 PM »

rofl

Metallica already did it! And the Beatles did white. Maybe RED? How about grey? Smiley

How about no cover at all and you get the album burned onto a cdr, in a brown paper envelope left in a trash can by Merck at midnight in a city park. That would be a real covert release Wink
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 08:30:22 PM »

I think the cover with be a brown paper sack.....to hide it of course  peace

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Edward Rose
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 09:16:38 PM »

How about no cover at all and you get the album burned onto a cdr, in a brown paper envelope left in a trash can by Merck at midnight in a city park. That would be a real covert release Wink

You guys joke, but it could be ANYTHING like that at this point  smoking
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: