Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228096 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to W. Axl Rose by his most loyal, hard-core fan
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to W. Axl Rose by his most loyal, hard-core fan  (Read 7386 times)
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »

MotherGooseLuvR, it seems as if you were someone from the management.  This is not a critisim just a thought
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

haha...
you think your honest, from the heart letter from his "most loyal fan" is going to all of a sudden make Axl and Merk release the info?
Come on....
I've seen 2 dozen threads like this over the past 5 years. It's great you're so dedicated. we all are. That's why we're talking on a message board.
But save the tear-jerk letters for a different time.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 02:27:29 PM »

If you don't believe Axl's word, then you shouldn't be a fan.  I'm sure he wouldn't miss you.

For chrisake, grow up man jeez.................. Roll Eyes
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »

If you don't believe Axl's word, then you shouldn't be a fan. ?I'm sure he wouldn't miss you.

Geez, you act like Axl's word is the gospel.

I hope all of your assumptions( and they are just that, even though you treat them as fact Wink  ) turn out to be spot on. If they're not, you're gonna look like a giant ass.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

Dear Mr. Rose:

First, on behalf of all GN'R fans who have seen this tour, WELCOME BACK! The shows have been terrific and it's great to see you guys again. With regard to the release of "Chinese Democracy," could you please tell Jarmo/the HTGTH community the status of the album's release. Things change, and if you thought that it would come out in 2006 and it has been delayed, that's cool. We, the loyal Axl Rose/GN'R fans will always stand behind you. For some people, however, "Chinese Democracy" is more than just an album...it's like a dream for us, something some of us have craved for a long, long time. So, I would like to request an update. When is "Chinese Democracy" coming out and what is the delay?

Thanks,
A loyal and dedicated fan

You can be as loyal and dedicated to Axl as you want, but he's still going to mess you and the rest of us about over this for a while yet.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 03:03:26 PM »

If you don't believe Axl's word, then you shouldn't be a fan. ?I'm sure he wouldn't miss you.

I hope all of your assumptions( and they are just that, even though you treat them as fact Wink? ) turn out to be spot on. If they're not, you're gonna look like a giant ass.

I wouldn't be the only one.  All the loyal Axl fans like me, Jarmo included.  If you want to put down Jarmo, go right ahead.  You'll be WIPED quicker than I can say, "I won't be told anymore..."

But Axl would NEVER make an ass out of his loyal fans.  That's why he was very clear about when the album would be coming out.  We don't have to worry looking like asses because there's no way that Axl and the band would treat us that way.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 10:10:24 AM »

I wouldn't be the only one.? All the loyal Axl fans like me, Jarmo included.? If you want to put down Jarmo, go right ahead.? You'll be WIPED quicker than I can say, "I won't be told anymore..."

But Axl would NEVER make an ass out of his loyal fans.? That's why he was very clear about when the album would be coming out.? We don't have to worry looking like asses because there's no way that Axl and the band would treat us that way.

I assume this is your third day as a GNR fan, but its cool to have new fans and all.  The fact is Axl and GNR management have never been forthcoming or honest to his fans.  It has been 13 years dude and his explanations for why make no sense.  The fact also remains that Axl and management have predicted the albums release many times and they all have been lies.  Axl also claims to have nothing to do with the leaks, thats a lie.  Im not sure if youre a fan of old gnr, but someone in some of those stories is lying, (for example did slash go to Axl's house or not).  Axl is a rock musician, a reclusive one, he is not an all-knowing all-telling deity.  The album isnt coming out this year, sorry people its true.  It didnt come out last spring, or two winters either, it didnt come out in 2002 or 1999.  Name an album that cost over 5 mil to make that was released with no publicity... you cant because one doesnt exist. 

Im not saying Axl intentionally lies, but the fact is a singular statement by axl promising the album on a vague release date is not gospel its not even believable.  Im sure he wanted to get the album out this year, hell he might have written a note on a napkin to remind himself to finish the album, but its not happening.  Itll be out sometime, my guess is spring 2007. 

oh and youre not kicked out of the GNR fanbase for not believing every word Axl states or doubting management strategy or for not believing the album will come out this year.  That would make GnR like China and isnt Chinese Democracy in many ways about the problems such a society creates
ScottishGunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »

i admire your honesty, but to be honest Axl's not gonna respond.

however if he did /does I'd like to know:

Is the record finished ?
how many tracks are on the record ?
what tracks are gonna be on the album ?
have the band filmed a video for any of the singles ?
why the secracy ? Why this cryptic "There are XX tuesdays left" ?
why no promotion for the shows ?

no one outside the band has any genuine answers to these question.

If it's not finished, fair enough, just don't string fans along.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »

If you don't believe Axl's word, then you shouldn't be a fan.  I'm sure he wouldn't miss you.

I hope all of your assumptions( and they are just that, even though you treat them as fact Wink  ) turn out to be spot on. If they're not, you're gonna look like a giant ass.

I wouldn't be the only one.  All the loyal Axl fans like me, Jarmo included.  If you want to put down Jarmo, go right ahead.  You'll be WIPED quicker than I can say, "I won't be told anymore..."

But Axl would NEVER make an ass out of his loyal fans.  That's why he was very clear about when the album would be coming out.  We don't have to worry looking like asses because there's no way that Axl and the band would treat us that way.

I'm pretty sure this guy is fucking with everyone and being sarcastic.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 10:42:46 AM »

I thought mikeg was Axls most loyal and die-hard fan.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 10:54:04 AM »

Why is he gonna tell us something twice?

I dont understand, a few weeks ago they said it was gonna be one of the Tuesdays before the end of the year, there are still plenty of Tuesdays to go.

If New Years comes and goes without CD then we can come on here and say what we want but Axl isnt a liar or hasnt disappointed us on this statement yet.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 11:09:17 AM »

I'm his biggest fan Grin

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 11:31:38 AM »

Is there ANY commitment to this "surprise release" theory that keeps being repeated over and over and over?   

It's an out of control rumour isn't it?   Perhaps started by Merck's statement in RS magazine which has already been confirmed as sarcasm.

Main Entry: sar?casm
Pronunciation: 's?r-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 12:32:35 PM »

Why hasn't anybody registered a new account pretending to be Axl to tell GeraldFord to fuck off and mind his own business? It must be unheard of.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 12:43:15 PM »

If Axl ever takes an X-ray of his balls some ppl's dental arch is gonna be displayed on it.
We're all happy GnR are back as well as thankful for a new day, fresh air,love... let's move to Barnie and Teletubbies wonderland and hop hop hop while we smell flowers and smile at a bubble with Axl's head in it.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »

Why is he gonna tell us something twice?

I dont understand, a few weeks ago they said it was gonna be one of the Tuesdays before the end of the year, there are still plenty of Tuesdays to go.

If New Years comes and goes without CD then we can come on here and say what we want but Axl isnt a liar or hasnt disappointed us on this statement yet.

New Years will come and go without a CD.  There is 1. no promotion 2. No single 3. No release date 4. No rumors by anyone credible in the record distribution industry 5.No video 6. 6 weeks left in 2006.  There will be no release this year guys. 

Also I dont understand why people are rooting so hard for the album to come out now.  We have tons of leaks and another world tour.  Thats enough to keep me satisfied for a long while.  Why not just be patient, let the album come out at a time when the management can properly promote it and possibly at a better time in Rock music to drop this CD.  Its been over a decade in the making why rush the release date now because some douchebags on a message board want it in 2006.  Its been 14 years or so you can all wait about another 6 months.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »

Dear Mr. Rose:

First, on behalf of all GN'R fans who have seen this tour, WELCOME BACK! The shows have been terrific and it's great to see you guys again. With regard to the release of "Chinese Democracy," could you please tell Jarmo/the HTGTH community the status of the album's release. Things change, and if you thought that it would come out in 2006 and it has been delayed, that's cool. We, the loyal Axl Rose/GN'R fans will always stand behind you. For some people, however, "Chinese Democracy" is more than just an album...it's like a dream for us, something some of us have craved for a long, long time. So, I would like to request an update. When is "Chinese Democracy" coming out and what is the delay?

Thanks,
A loyal and dedicated fan

A message from Merck or Axl stating "Yes, it will still be released in 2006" will be enough for me.

Cool
EstrangedReality
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 12:22:51 AM »

He already told you when it's coming out, dude... ONE OF THE NEXT SIX TUESDAYS.

He cant' say which one because that would ruin the surprise of just walking into the store and finding it there.  I stop by every record store in a 25 mile radius of my home EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY in hopes of finding it there.  It's fun, and builds a lot of excitement.  It'll all be worth it because I know that in one of the next six Tuesdays, I'll find it there.  Then I'll listen to Sorry on the drive home.

Axl doesn't need to tell you anything because he's already said it.

THE ALBUM IS COMING OUT WITHIN SIX WEEKS!  Stop bitching and enjoy it!

You have an interesting username.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 12:45:51 AM »

Fuck yea dude.  It's a tribute to CHRIS MOTHERFUCKIN' MOTHER GOOSE PITMAN!

Baddest motherfucker to ever rock the keys. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
GeraldFord
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 12:46:22 AM »

Why hasn't anybody registered a new account pretending to be Axl to tell GeraldFord to fuck off and mind his own business? It must be unheard of.

And why would someone do that? I didn't insult Axl or ask him to do anything that absurd. Why is it wrong to want to know when the album is coming out, since he said 2006 would be the year and the year is almost over. ?Your post is assinine and you'd make a good Nazi or Red-Baiter, just follow the company line and insult anyone that questions what's going on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: