Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to W. Axl Rose by his most loyal, hard-core fan
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to W. Axl Rose by his most loyal, hard-core fan  (Read 7400 times)
GeraldFord
« on: November 15, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »

Dear Mr. Rose:

First, on behalf of all GN'R fans who have seen this tour, WELCOME BACK! The shows have been terrific and it's great to see you guys again. With regard to the release of "Chinese Democracy," could you please tell Jarmo/the HTGTH community the status of the album's release. Things change, and if you thought that it would come out in 2006 and it has been delayed, that's cool. We, the loyal Axl Rose/GN'R fans will always stand behind you. For some people, however, "Chinese Democracy" is more than just an album...it's like a dream for us, something some of us have craved for a long, long time. So, I would like to request an update. When is "Chinese Democracy" coming out and what is the delay?

Thanks,
A loyal and dedicated fan
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 12:35:58 PM by GeraldFord » Logged
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:33:37 PM »

Dear Mr. Rose:

First, on behalf of all GN'R fans who have seen this tour, WELCOME BACK! The shows have been terrific and it's great to see you guys again. With regard to the release of "Chinese Democracy," could you please tell Jarmo/the HTGTH community the status of the album's release. Things change, and if you thought that it would come out in 2006 and it has been delayed, that's cool. We, the loyal Axl Rose/GN'R fans will always stand behind you. For some people, however, "Chinese Democracy" is more than just an album...it's like a dream for us, something some of us have craved for a long, long time. So, I would like to request an update. When is "Chinese Democracy" coming out and what is the delay.

Thanks,

Well written.  Hope Axl reads it and responds through Jarmo.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »

He already told you when it's coming out, dude... ONE OF THE NEXT SIX TUESDAYS.

He cant' say which one because that would ruin the surprise of just walking into the store and finding it there.  I stop by every record store in a 25 mile radius of my home EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY in hopes of finding it there.  It's fun, and builds a lot of excitement.  It'll all be worth it because I know that in one of the next six Tuesdays, I'll find it there.  Then I'll listen to Sorry on the drive home.

Axl doesn't need to tell you anything because he's already said it.

THE ALBUM IS COMING OUT WITHIN SIX WEEKS!  Stop bitching and enjoy it!

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
GeraldFord
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »

He cant' say which one because that would ruin the surprise of just walking into the store and finding it there.? I stop by every record store in a 25 mile radius of my home EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY in hopes of finding it there.? It's fun, and builds a lot of excitement.? It'll all be worth it because I know that in one of the next six Tuesdays, I'll find it there.? Then I'll listen to Sorry on the drive home.

THE ALBUM IS COMING OUT WITHIN SIX WEEKS!? Stop bitching and enjoy it!

I doubt it.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:37:36 PM »

Dear Mr. Rose:

First, on behalf of all GN'R fans who have seen this tour, WELCOME BACK! The shows have been terrific and it's great to see you guys again. With regard to the release of "Chinese Democracy," could you please tell Jarmo/the HTGTH community the status of the album's release. Things change, and if you thought that it would come out in 2006 and it has been delayed, that's cool. We, the loyal Axl Rose/GN'R fans will always stand behind you. For some people, however, "Chinese Democracy" is more than just an album...it's like a dream for us, something some of us have craved for a long, long time. So, I would like to request an update. When is "Chinese Democracy" coming out and what is the delay?

Thanks,

I second that.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:22 PM »

He cant' say which one because that would ruin the surprise of just walking into the store and finding it there.? I stop by every record store in a 25 mile radius of my home EVERY SINGLE TUESDAY in hopes of finding it there.? It's fun, and builds a lot of excitement.? It'll all be worth it because I know that in one of the next six Tuesdays, I'll find it there.? Then I'll listen to Sorry on the drive home.

I doubt it.

If you don't believe Axl's word, then you shouldn't be a fan. ?I'm sure he wouldn't miss you.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »

In a way I'm glad its a surprise too, but this thing will not sell with NO promotion.  I'd like to see GN'R get back on top again.  I know if the music is great , which it will be, this thing will start to sell like crazy.  A little promotion wouldn't hurt though.  I guess the Harley ad is a good start, but I'd like Axl to at least say something about it at one of his shows.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »

lol we r getting desperate... ain?t we?? oh god... no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
GeraldFord
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »

I doubt it.

If you don't believe Axl's word, then you shouldn't be a fan. ?I'm sure he wouldn't miss you.

Get off your high horse. It's not a matter of a belief in "Axl's word." 3 months ago 2006 was "it" for sure, but like I said, things change. With NO release date in sight, no info from major stores, how can you still believe that it's coming out this year?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:44:28 PM »

So, if it's coming out this year, when are they going to start pressing the cd's? How long does something like that even take (not too long i'm sure with today's technology)?

Once it goes to the manufacturing plant or whatever you want to call it, we'll hear something, atleast one would think we would. Unless they're going to do a strictly digital release at first.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »

Ya know, I think it would be cool to have no release date.......The album would have an underground feeling to it and the sales would start building though word of mouth. Some people on here worry too much.....Go get laid, have a beer and a meatball parm hero and then call it a night.... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »

Dear Axl,

Please send me 1 million dollars and let me sleep with your girlfriend. ?Thankyou

(theres the exact same chance my open letter will be read and responded to by Axl as yours)

Also for the people who say trust Axl. ?I like Axls music, but he isnt the pope. ?He says things all the time through management that have been proven false. ?There have been many years he has said "the album will beout this year." And the guy going to every store in a 25 mile radius is wasting his time money and energy. ?Its not going to be a surprise release in some dirthole record store in birmingham alabama. ?If there was a surprise release you would have a better chance of finding out first by refreshing this message board over and over again. ?We have had tons of leaks this year, thats more than we have ever had, just be happy with it and people should calm down.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »

This reminds me of "OK LETS TALK TO AXL ROSE" parts 1, 2, etc.

Don't expect a response.

GeraldFord
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »

This reminds me of "OK LETS TALK TO AXL ROSE" parts 1, 2, etc.

Don't expect a response.

Come on Axl! Ok, I'm going to hold my breath until you respond....turning blue...respond!
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »

Dear Axl,

Please send me 1 million dollars and let me sleep with your girlfriend. ?Thankyou

(theres the exact same chance my open letter will be read and responded to by Axl as yours)

Also for the people who say trust Axl. ?I like Axls music, but he isnt the pope. ?He says things all the time through management that have been proven false. ?There have been many years he has said "the album will beout this year." And the guy going to every store in a 25 mile radius is wasting his time money and energy. ?Its not going to be a surprise release in some dirthole record store in birmingham alabama. ?If there was a surprise release you would have a better chance of finding out first by refreshing this message board over and over again. ?We have had tons of leaks this year, thats more than we have ever had, just be happy with it and people should calm down.

Hmmm.... who am I gonna trust?  Axl Rose, or some downloading motherfucker who Del James says needs to get a life?

Sorry dude, but I'm trust Axl Rose.  The album will come out on one of the next six Tuesdays. 

If it doesn't, then that means Axl and Merck just lied about it to try and drum up a little publicity for Axl's second Chinese Democracy tour.  It would mean that they intentionally lied to their loyal fans to try and grab a little extra cash.

Sorry dude, that don't hold water.  Plenty of huge albums are launched quietly, with no publicity and no official release date.  I can't think of any off the top of my head, but there are tons. 

Your argument = shit.

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 01:49:40 PM »

they have only said twice that the album is coming out this year.  Axl in march and merck this fall.  That's all.  The ones who keep repeating it's coming out are the people on this board.  Bands have to change release dates ALL THE TIME!  It's not their choice most of the time, many times, it's the label's choice.  The label may decide that they don't want to release the album in December and push it to spring.  Axl may still be mastering the album...heck, they could still be recording.  Who knows? 

Linkin Park said in April that their new album will definitely be coming out in fall.  They are still recording and it will be out in the summer at the earliest.

Modest Mouse's album is done and was slated for December...it was pushed until March.  That's just the way of the game.

Also, there's still 6 weeks left in the year.  It could still be coming out...on January 1st, if there's still no announcement, then we have a right to question...but until then...be patient.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »

they have only said twice that the album is coming out this year.? Axl in march and merck this fall.? That's all.? The ones who keep repeating it's coming out are the people on this board.? Bands have to change release dates ALL THE TIME!? It's not their choice most of the time, many times, it's the label's choice.? The label may decide that they don't want to release the album in December and push it to spring.? Axl may still be mastering the album...heck, they could still be recording.? Who knows??

Linkin Park said in April that their new album will definitely be coming out in fall.? They are still recording and it will be out in the summer at the earliest.

Modest Mouse's album is done and was slated for December...it was pushed until March.? That's just the way of the game.

Also, there's still 6 weeks left in the year.? It could still be coming out...on January 1st, if there's still no announcement, then we have a right to question...but until then...be patient.

The difference between Linkin Park and GNR is that GNR have been promising that same album since 1999.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

they have only said twice that the album is coming out this year.? Axl in march and merck this fall.? That's all.? The ones who keep repeating it's coming out are the people on this board.? Bands have to change release dates ALL THE TIME!? It's not their choice most of the time, many times, it's the label's choice.? The label may decide that they don't want to release the album in December and push it to spring.? Axl may still be mastering the album...heck, they could still be recording.? Who knows??

Linkin Park said in April that their new album will definitely be coming out in fall.? They are still recording and it will be out in the summer at the earliest.

Modest Mouse's album is done and was slated for December...it was pushed until March.? That's just the way of the game.

Also, there's still 6 weeks left in the year.? It could still be coming out...on January 1st, if there's still no announcement, then we have a right to question...but until then...be patient.

No way. ?Axl has an open forum with his fans by way of his concerts. ?Merck can talk to Jarmo. ?If the album wasn't coming out as they've said it would, don't you think they'd mention it to their fans? ?They have plenty of chances to do so and backtrack / clarify their early CONCRETE statements about when the album's coming out. ?

If they knew it wasn't and intentionally kept their mouths shut, they'd be causing a lot of unnecessary pain and disappointment for their loyal fans.

If the album wasn't coming out as planned, all Axl would have to do is grab the mic at one of his many shows and say, "Look, because of ____ reason, Chinese Democracy can't start on one of the next six Tuesdays. ?I know we promised it would, and I'm sure you're sick of the delays. ?Shit, nobody's sicker about it than I am. ?I'm a musician! ?Making music is my passion! ?My life! ?It really pains me that because of _____ I won't be able to deliver the great music that I'm so confident the world will love. ?But I swear to you on all that is good and holy, that the album will be coming out on/around ____."

See how easy that would be? ?Then he'd head off any fan disappointment and hopefully ignite media interest in an official release date. ?But he's not doing that... and WHY? ?Because the album is coming out exactly as they've planned and promoted to their fans. ?

SIMPLE. ?EASY.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 01:59:29 PM »

Management and Axl have told us that it's coming out this year. ?So I'm gonna believe them. ?Just because a record store may not know of a release date, doesn't mean that it wont come out this year. ?GN'R just wants it to appear and take people by surprise. ?Why can't you guys believe that it IS coming out this year? ?Just wait another month. ?I'm sure you will hear or get somethng concreat before then. ?I actually think we will get some sort of news on this (single, harley ad) within the next 2 weeks. ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 02:08:50 PM »

In regards to whether or not I believe that Chinese Democracy will be out in 2006, I do still believe that we will see it.  While we've never heard an actual date at any point, I have no reason to feel otherwise.

However, if for some reason it really has been pushed back, even if it were only until January 2nd, 2007, the delay could be accepted by doing just one thing.  And that would a simple explanation and/or a firm date from Axl or Merck, via here(since I'm sure that we're the largest fan speculators out there) would help smooth over any problems that would arise.  Anything else, at least with me, is always taken with a grain of salt, ALWAYS.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: