Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This albums promotion is simple, the promotion is there is none.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This albums promotion is simple, the promotion is there is none.  (Read 13266 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2006, 01:11:25 AM »

Ok people the album is said to be out this year. There are SIX tues left in the year. The last tue is xmas so it wont be out that week. That leaves FIVE tues it can be. ?If there was going to be some huge promotion for the album it would have started by now. The promotion for CD is not going to start heavily until AFTER its out. Like ?said if we hear anything it will be ?a weeks notice and that is it. The more tues that past with out hearing anything the more what I am saying is true. This thread is my opinion and its what I think. But here is the thing for there to be an Ads in mags it would have been made by now since most mags released this month are the dec or jan issue. So that is out under AFTER cd drops
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:13:43 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:53 AM »

I can't remember an album having more commercials than Greatest Hits.

An album WILL NOT SELL in the age of the download without promotion. Consumers buy what they're told to. If people hear that Guns n Roses has new music out, they'll just get on their favorite file sharing program and download the songs. If people are told over and over "BUY THIS ALBUM," they will.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2006, 01:17:10 AM »

Not if it was japan where honor is a huge thing.
rofl Dave, thats the post of the day. ok

You act like Mr. Miyagi is going to be shipping these albums out from Japan.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 01:18:27 AM »

Not if it was japan where honor is a huge thing.
rofl Dave, thats the post of the day. ok

You act like Mr. Miyagi is going to be shipping these albums out from Japan.

At least someone caught my sarcastic post lol

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2006, 01:19:48 AM »

Ok people the album is said to be out this year. There are SIX tues left in the year. The last tue is xmas so it wont be out that week. That leaves FIVE tues it can be.  If there was going to be some huge promotion for the album it would have started by now. The promotion for CD is not going to start heavily until AFTER its out. Like  said if we hear anything it will be  a weeks notice and that is it. The more tues that past with out hearing anything the more what I am saying is true. This thread is my opinion and its what I think. But here is the thing for there to be an Ads in mags it would have been made by now since most mags released this month are the dec or jan issue. So that is out under AFTER cd drops

How do you know if there was going to be huge promotion it would have started by now??  You don't know that.  2 or 3 weeks could be huge promotion, it doesn't matter how long it is.  According to you, this album will only have a week worth of promotion at the most, but it won't be huge promotion.  Because to you, huge promotion has to be over a month long, right?  You said there are 6 tuesdays left in the year and HUGE promotion would have already started if it's to come out this year, right??  So you're saying 2 or 3 weeks worth of promotion can't be huge??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 01:22:02 AM »

Ok people the album is said to be out this year. There are SIX tues left in the year. The last tue is xmas so it wont be out that week. That leaves FIVE tues it can be. ?If there was going to be some huge promotion for the album it would have started by now. The promotion for CD is not going to start heavily until AFTER its out. Like ?said if we hear anything it will be ?a weeks notice and that is it. The more tues that past with out hearing anything the more what I am saying is true. This thread is my opinion and its what I think. But here is the thing for there to be an Ads in mags it would have been made by now since most mags released this month are the dec or jan issue. So that is out under AFTER cd drops

Check your calendar Dave. Christmas is on a Monday. December 26th is a possibility. So far, the only thing i know coming out that day is a new Switchfoot cd.

The promotion for CD is not going to start heavily until AFTER its out.

That's what i said in my initial post. No promotion until there is something to promote.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:25 AM »

Check your calendar Dave. Christmas is on a Monday. December 26th is a possibility. So far, the only thing i know coming out that day is a new Switchfoot cd.

The promotion for CD is not going to start heavily until AFTER its out.

That's what i said in my initial post. No promotion until there is something to promote.

I meant the day after xmas. And everything is returned that day and no album would sell on that day.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:58 AM »

Ok people the album is said to be out this year. There are SIX tues left in the year. The last tue is xmas so it wont be out that week. That leaves FIVE tues it can be.? If there was going to be some huge promotion for the album it would have started by now. The promotion for CD is not going to start heavily until AFTER its out. Like? said if we hear anything it will be? a weeks notice and that is it. The more tues that past with out hearing anything the more what I am saying is true. This thread is my opinion and its what I think. But here is the thing for there to be an Ads in mags it would have been made by now since most mags released this month are the dec or jan issue. So that is out under AFTER cd drops

How do you know if there was going to be huge promotion it would have started by now??? You don't know that.? 2 or 3 weeks could be huge promotion, it doesn't matter how long it is.? According to you, this album will only have a week worth of promotion at the most, but it won't be huge promotion.? Because to you, huge promotion has to be over a month long, right?? You said there are 6 tuesdays left in the year and HUGE promotion would have already started if it's to come out this year, right??? So you're saying 2 or 3 weeks worth of promotion can't be huge??

We ll see  how it pans out, but like I said, I dont think we will hear much before its dropped. Like Merch said, we could just walk into a store one day and its sitting there.  The ideal date to release CD is the 21st or 28th. Those two dates always have the most rumors about the drop date being. That is two weeks and under away. Like I said CD wont have any promotion til it drops. If it does it will be very close to the release date.

MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2006, 01:50:10 AM »

I'm not being negative whatsover but I'm just trying to bring you back to the reality of the situation.? This album will not stop wars or cure diseases.? Fuck, it won't even cook for you.? It's music that a lot of people could care less about.?

Shit,I was picturing a "Wyld Stallyns" type of moment with this disc and you went and fucked it all up.? Grin

? ? ? ? MATT

? ?

estranged.1098
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 02:10:20 AM »

GN'R has played for almost 1 million people this year. A normal band with a record coming up in the next weeks spent their year in a studio recording it, not touring. So in a way, that's a lot promotion.

On the other hand I find it hard to believe that they'll drop the album without at least 2 weeks notice. I get a little less hopeful each day.  Sad
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2006, 02:30:22 AM »

NEWSFLASH:  you don't need any promotion if you're Guns N' Roses!  Everyone already knows about the band, and Chinese Democracy and the leaks.  Promotions would be a stone cold waste of money.  If Merck announced that the album was coming out tomorrow, I promise you, there'd be a line around the block within TEN MINUTES!

This is the same band that made Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Patience, Paradise City, November Rain and Madagascar.  If Jay-Z and Madonna can sell a million records, than Chinese Democracy will sell TWICE AS MANY MILLIONS.  Easy.  No sweat. 

We'll just have to wait for one of the next six Tuesdays to see which records it breaks!!

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
estranged.1098
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2006, 02:34:59 AM »

NEWSFLASH:  you don't need any promotion if you're Guns N' Roses!  Everyone already knows about the band, and Chinese Democracy and the leaks.  Promotions would be a stone cold waste of money.  If Merck announced that the album was coming out tomorrow, I promise you, there'd be a line around the block within TEN MINUTES!

Not even all the people going to the shows know about the leaks.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2006, 02:36:15 AM »

Sorry, but I don't think that's true.  Everyone loves IRS, in particular.  It's catchy and rocks hard. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2006, 02:39:51 AM »

I'm not being negative whatsover but I'm just trying to bring you back to the reality of the situation.  This album will not stop wars or cure diseases.  Fuck, it won't even cook for you.  It's music that a lot of people could care less about. 

Shit,I was picturing a "Wyld Stallyns" type of moment with this disc and you went and fucked it all up.  Grin

MATT

Wyld fucking Stallyns!!!  HAHAHAH!!!  That's classic.  I don't think GN'R could ever change the whole universe like Bill and Ted did.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2006, 02:44:19 AM »

This is the same band that made Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Patience, Paradise City, November Rain and Madagascar.  If Jay-Z and Madonna can sell a million records, than Chinese Democracy will sell TWICE AS MANY MILLIONS.  Easy.  No sweat. 

We'll just have to wait for one of the next six Tuesdays to see which records it breaks!!

So... was this a sarcastic post??  A line around the block waiting to buy CD??  So it would have a PS3\Xbox30 type of impact??  I don't think so and it won't break any records.  Plus, it won't sell TWICE as many as Jay Z's album.  That shit just won't happen and that's being realistic.

EDIT:  Oh shit, sorry about the double post guys.

Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2006, 02:44:54 AM »

This album is going to basically sell it self. They dont need any promotion. Once the album drops, there is going to be a huge word of mouth buzz .I am sure they will have huge display in stores but once its out you know that Gnr.com will have it on their main page, mtv.com, rollingstone.com, blabbermouth.net etc etc will all? hvae it on their front pages that its now out. Also, i wouldnt? be suprised of the better HD ad at the end says the song better can be found on the album CD out now in stores. And I tunes could also have the first single on the main page.? Basically the no promotion thing is their promotion and its going to be huge.

That's what I've been saying all along!

T.T.
?.?.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2006, 02:58:49 AM »

We fans should have a hunger strike, until CD is out.

Dude, we'd all be dead.

And if it does just show up, Axl is going to be really made fun of. I'm not even going to watch that weeks best week ever.

They should think about going on G4. They talk about Axl everytime there's news, and are actually making Chinese Democracy a topic of conversation, unlike everywhere else. A little acoustic set on Attack Of The Show would be killer.?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:23:26 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2006, 03:03:46 AM »

This album is going to basically sell it self. They dont need any promotion. Once the album drops, there is going to be a huge word of mouth buzz .I am sure they will have huge display in stores but once its out you know that Gnr.com will have it on their main page, mtv.com, rollingstone.com, blabbermouth.net etc etc will all? hvae it on their front pages that its now out. Also, i wouldnt? be suprised of the better HD ad at the end says the song better can be found on the album CD out now in stores. And I tunes could also have the first single on the main page.? Basically the no promotion thing is their promotion and its going to be huge.

LOL.. i dont think so dude.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2006, 03:10:28 AM »

GnR is making this album be a surprise.

A. Everyone and there GnR fan can't wait for this album so they are toying with us which tuesday it is.

B. I think Axl wants to surprise his fans what BETTER way then to secretly drop the album

C. Axl said more new songs will be played on tour once the album drops.

D. Don't you think its funny that Izzy is said he might be doing Christmas shows since there hasn't been any promotion don't you think this might be a ploy to get Chinese Democracy flying off the shelves.   Album is released and a original member is touring with GnR that's great promotion.  That really can get more sales from people who aren't familiar with GnR word of mouth hey REMEMBER GnR yeah I went to a show and Izzy was playing great strategy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2006, 03:11:41 AM »

Sort of. ?What will happen is this: ?

The album will be made available at major retailers - arriving pretty much literally "overnight" for all purposes ( a post earlier was correct - smaller chains know what they are receiving - the only way to skirt this will be to ship out x amount of "unordered" copies to these small shops which is a crapshoot ?at best). ?If small shops don't have it right away, within days after the major commercial release every shop will carry it.

Also, a big ad campaign is going to run parallel to it from the date of it's release moving forward. ?Unlike most albums where the hype is there weeks if not months before, the label already knows the demand is there but no one expects an actual release date (at least they haven't for the past 14 years). ?I'm betting some people will know about the release and start posting it 1 day or so before it's release - no avoiding this, but it will be a blitz upon release and it will be the first time (at least that i can rememebr) that an album with this many people clammoring for it didn't hit the Internet completely leaked weeks before it's release. ?

The buzz created by the media (and already planned) will be pretty powerful - every major website will run the story that "this mythical album for all intents and purposes just showed up today on store shelves as if Santa Caluse himself had delivered it while everyone was asleep." ?The only thing I am unsure of is just how hard the label itself will promote the album - i do not know that information. ?In-store displays, posters etc are a given, but billboards, ads on yahoo! , etc. I am not sure about.

That about sums it all up in a nutshell.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:13:12 AM by yourfinalanswer » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: