Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This albums promotion is simple, the promotion is there is none.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This albums promotion is simple, the promotion is there is none.  (Read 13272 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 12:56:09 AM »

The days of the "slow burner" are not over (The Killers first album and American Idiot are a prime example of that),

THey also had much wider general appeal than I suspect Guns will. The Killers and Green Day crossed over into Adult contemporary/modern hits type formats as well as Kiss FM, and I don't think GNR is going to make it out of the rock genre. Without those formats and MTV playing the shit out of your videos all day, I don't see how Guns experiences that type of pro-longed success.

So you think they will try to milk the first few weeks for all they are worth? ?It doesn't seem like the strategy they would use for a Guns N' Roses record.

I think Gnr would much rather have CD do what the GHs is doing, peak high and stay on the charts for years, instead of what most albums do sell a million and then after a few months drop off the charts. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 12:56:49 AM »

What would be the point of that? Why not release a single, do a press blitz, in addition to letting it sell word of mouth?

to save the band money on promotional costs.
GeraldFord
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 12:57:25 AM »

A million copies of CD couldn't be pressed and shipped w/o people finding out before.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 12:58:32 AM »

A million copies of CD couldn't be pressed and shipped w/o people finding out before.
If it was done over seas then it would easily.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »

So you think they will try to milk the first few weeks for all they are worth?

Without promotion the sales figures will probably be pretty poor, so probably not. That is what they should be doing though, because you open yourself up to a whole host of negative publicity if your the band and the thing sells poorly up front because no one knows it out to even go buy it.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 12:59:24 AM »

And a million copies of CD won't be pressed if there is still a chance of them going back into the studio as we heard today in another thread.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 01:00:34 AM »

There are fans all over the world and that includes overseas.  We would find out somehow.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 01:00:39 AM »

Without promotion the sales figures will probably be pretty poor, so probably not. That is what they should be doing though, because you open yourself up to a whole host of negative publicity if your the band and the thing sells poorly up front because no one knows it out to even go buy it.

Ghs debuted at #3 with zero promotion if im not mistaken. If the better ad has the released date on it then that is all they will need. Because once that happens MTV, RS Spin etc will all pick it up. If Bettter HD is going to really debute the 19th and lets say CD release date is the 21st, that is pleanty of time.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 01:01:16 AM »

There are fans all over the world and that includes overseas.? We would find out somehow.

Not if it was japan where honor is a huge thing.

Z
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 01:02:28 AM »

And a million copies of CD won't be pressed if there is still a chance of them going back into the studio as we heard today in another thread.

Says WHO??!!?? ? Axl said that??.......Robin??.......Bumble??........Merck, Beta??!?? ?Or some "insider"?
GeraldFord
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 01:02:43 AM »

Maybe Axl could just get Willy Wonka to press the CDs with the help of the Ompa Lumpas?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 01:02:53 AM »

BINGO!

Even with a gag order, confidentiality agreement, whatever, it'd still get out.

For instance, some cd factory worker spends his shift pressing CD. He's signed an agreement, but he's just got to tell somebody. Worker goes to a public computer (library, for example) and blabs the news. The IP addy is traced back to a public PC, making it nearly impossible to prove who leaked the info.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

Ghs debuted at #3 with zero promotion if im not mistaken. If the better ad has the released date on it then that is all they will need. Because once that happens MTV, RS Spin etc will all pick it up. If Bettter HD is going to really debute the 19th and lets say CD release date is the 21st, that is pleanty of time.

But GH also had a bunch of songs on it that a lot of people know and love, even people that don't have any albums of GN'R.  It was an oppurtunity for people to get the songs they like from the band without buying all the albums.  If that same someone that picked up the GH when it came out picks up CD, they will look at it and see that it has no songs that they are familiar with and put it back.  A lot of people are scared to spend money on something that is unknown.

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 01:03:35 AM »

In order to sale a million copies in the Digital Age , axl will have to cross over , to people who like not only rock but even rap , or country //

300,000 units today is like a million in the late eighties
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 01:03:39 AM »

If the better ad has the released date on it

It's not going to. It is a HD commercial, not a Guns N' Roses commercial. Besides, there is little reason to believe the commercial will be any different than what we have already seen, which makes no mention of the fact it is a new GNR song, or the name of the song. I would hardly be pegging all of my hopes on that add.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 01:06:32 AM »

Am I the only one who remembers commercials for GH? I saw them all the time when the cd first came out. Especially during commercial breaks for Monday Night Raw.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 01:07:22 AM »

It's not going to. It is a HD commercial, not a Guns N' Roses commercial. Besides, there is little reason to believe the commercial will be any different than what we have already seen, which makes no mention of the fact it is a new GNR song, or the name of the song. I would hardly be pegging all of my hopes on that add.
I was saying it couldnt, not it would. Like I said CD is not going to have that much promotion before it drops. If it does it will come very fast like a week at most before the album drops. Maybe even three days. The fact is, if there was going to be some huge promotion months before the cd drops, it would have happened by name.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 01:07:41 AM »

Am I the only one who remembers commercials for GH? I saw them all the time when the cd first came out. Especially during commercial breaks for Monday Night Raw.

I do remember those.  You could call and order a copy and get a free poster with every order I think.

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:41 AM »

I do remember those.? You could call and order a copy and get a free poster with every order I think.

THANK YOU!! That's promotion!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 01:09:40 AM »

I was saying it couldnt, not it would. Like I said CD is not going to have that much promotion before it drops. If it does it will come very fast like a week at most before the album drops. Maybe even three days. The fact is, if there was going to be some huge promotion months before the cd drops, it would have happened by name.

You don't know that for sure though.  It could be out in a month from today and have 3 weeks of promotion.  Nobody knows for sure.  You can't say that it will have a "week at most" for promotion because we have no concrete evidence at all to support that.  And don't say, "Well Merck told RS..."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: