Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:16:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  American Music Awards on 11/21 (Rumor)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Music Awards on 11/21 (Rumor)  (Read 3162 times)
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: November 14, 2006, 11:58:19 PM »

Apparently there's a rumor that Guns may perform live via satellite from NB for the AMA's on 11/21, as posted elsewhere.  Just sharing speculated information.  Seems like a good idea for mainstream exposure if something were to be released then or around then....any thoughts?

As a side note, I believe I read Michael Jackson will be making a comeback performance on this broadcast as well.....scary....

Mods - not trying to "fuel rumors," just provoke discussion; delete if needed. 
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:13:51 AM »

They did it before the UYIs for the VMAs, so its possible

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ben9785
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:17:35 AM »

Any appearance or feature of GNR would be great especially at such a high profile music event. A performance is obviously the most feasible option in terms of promoting their music..we know what happened last time with the band introduction.. i mean people speculating. I don't blame anybody for that, I'm just saying.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »

first of all , micheal jackson is playing thriller live at the World music awards not the AMA's
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:28:48 AM »

That show runs from 8-11 eastern time. GnR won't even be on stage yet (more than likely ). It won't happen, bank on it.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 12:31:17 AM »

Anytime you have the words "Apparently", "Rumor" and "Speculate" all in the same post pertaining to GNR, you know its BS.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:33:26 AM »

That show runs from 8-11 eastern time. GnR won't even be on stage yet (more than likely ). It won't happen, bank on it.

It would be taped from another show and said its via sattlight. You really think Axl wants another VMA shitty performance on TV again? No , he will pick the best version of what ever song they do and let that air.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »

It would be taped from another show and said its via sattlight. You really think Axl wants another VMA shitty performance on TV again? No , he will pick the best version of what ever song they do and let that air.

It sounds good. Maybe it will be Better, if thats really the first single, and they'll introduce it as that.

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:47:15 AM »

They're not going to be on any shows like this until the album is out. There isn't a huge demand to hear AFD. If/when the album is out, then a "rumour" like this could be taken more seriously.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 08:45:30 AM »

Apparently there's a rumor that Guns may perform live via satellite from NB for the AMA's on 11/21, as posted elsewhere.? Just sharing speculated information.? Seems like a good idea for mainstream exposure if something were to be released then or around then....any thoughts?

As a side note, I believe I read Michael Jackson will be making a comeback performance on this broadcast as well.....scary....

Mods - not trying to "fuel rumors," just provoke discussion; delete if needed.?

It certaintly wouldn't hurt them any. They did Yesterdays on the AMA's back in 1992.

Certaintly if they do a song via satellite, it needs to be a new song tho. Maybe Better, if it's gonna be the single.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:51:12 AM »

They're not going to be on any shows like this until the album is out. There isn't a huge demand to hear AFD. If/when the album is out, then a "rumour" like this could be taken more seriously.

it`s possible that they play better and introduce it as the new single (maybe even give a release date or hint...or not)

well... take this as the usual baseless wild speculation that belongs to any of these rumours.... peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »

Apparently there's a rumor that Guns may perform live via satellite from NB for the AMA's on 11/21, as posted elsewhere.? Just sharing speculated information.? Seems like a good idea for mainstream exposure if something were to be released then or around then....any thoughts?

Mods - not trying to "fuel rumors," just provoke discussion; delete if needed.?

I don't see an NB performance making it to the AMAs.  Being that the AMAs are the AMERICAN Music Awards and New Brunswick isn't in America.  Now, New Brunswick is an hour ahead of Eastern Time, so it's possible that when they go on at 11:45 pm in NB, the AMAs will be in their last 15 minutes of broadcasting (10:45 pm).  But I just don't see it happening.

I don't think a taped performance would make a whole lot of sense for an awards show.

Finally, an announcement will not happen on an awards show.  Maybe if GNR was up for an award there'd be a satellite feed brought in, but it's hard to win awards when you don't have an album out there.  peace

GNRevolution... the missing link.
newman
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »

Performance via satellite is rarely ever live..

GNR performed Live and Let Die at the 1991 MTV awards "via satellite" from Wembley Stadium in England.  Unless Axl was on-stage at 4 am, this was taped in advance.

Same deal with Yesterdays on the AMA's in 1992 - that clip was from San Diego, so unless Axl was on-stage at 7 pm, it was taped.  They also used this clip nearly a year later at the World Music Awards in December 1992.

Same deal again with GNR's performance of YCBM at the 1992 Billboard Music Awards - they were in Argentina and Slash introduced the clip as from "the night before".

Bottom line - via satellite with GNR has always been taped.
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 09:28:03 AM »

That would be great. They need something like that.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 09:29:57 AM »

GNR performed Live and Let Die at the 1991 MTV awards "via satellite" from Wembley Stadium in England.? Unless Axl was on-stage at 4 am, this was taped in advance.

Same deal with Yesterdays on the AMA's in 1992 - that clip was from San Diego, so unless Axl was on-stage at 7 pm, it was taped.? They also used this clip nearly a year later at the World Music Awards in December 1992.

Same deal again with GNR's performance of YCBM at the 1992 Billboard Music Awards - they were in Argentina and Slash introduced the clip as from "the night before".

I thought the Yesterdays clip was from Vegas? Or was that where the AMA's took place in '92?

I can't remember...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 09:32:18 AM »

GNR performed Live and Let Die at the 1991 MTV awards "via satellite" from Wembley Stadium in England.? Unless Axl was on-stage at 4 am, this was taped in advance.

Same deal with Yesterdays on the AMA's in 1992 - that clip was from San Diego, so unless Axl was on-stage at 7 pm, it was taped.? They also used this clip nearly a year later at the World Music Awards in December 1992.

I thought the Yesterdays clip was from Vegas? Or was that where the AMA's took place in '92?

I can't remember...
yep, it was Las Vegas...

in fact, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5tp1SikjWE

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 12:26:03 PM by brock » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: