Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?  (Read 15618 times)
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 02:13:25 PM »

- IRS, The Blues, Madagascar and Catcher In the Rye have the potencial to be as legendary as the old tunes

- TWAT has the potential to be a great song (maybe legendary if they change the 1st part)

- Chinese Democracy has the potencial to become a good rock song (if they keep the new intro)

- However I don't believe in "better". Exept the outro  wich sounds great, I don't like that song very much.

Madagascar and TWAT has the potential to match UYI top ten and that means legendary.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »

Inspired by Nesquick I'll list some of the reasons why I think certain songs don't reach all the way up.

There Was A Time

Lacks a little on the chorus.
The bridge to the solo needs a little spice. Think Rocket Queen outro.

I.R.S

Lyrics are bad
Vocals lack a little rasp
Non prominent guitar

Oh My God

Bad chorus
Bad solo
Bad production

Won't comment much on the bootlegs, but 02 version of The Blues is pretty flawless, Madagascar sound pretty badass on the Boston promo, CD could need some structure work but it's still pretty good. SW and R&B would be fine as they are with proper sound.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2006, 02:20:02 PM »

- IRS, The Blues, Madagascar and Catcher In the Rye have the potencial to be as legendary as the old tunes

- TWAT has the potential to be a great song (maybe legendary if they change the 1st part)

- Chinese Democracy has the potencial to become a good rock song (if they keep the new intro)

- However I don't believe in "better". Exept the outro  wich sounds great, I don't like that song very much.

The outro is the same as the intro.

In my opinion the album is def gonna be worth the wait. I've listened to Madagascar, The Blues, and Chinese Democracy since 2001 and they still arent old to me. And those are just live versions. The studio versions are gonna be amazing.
As far as the leaks, Better is phenominal, TWAT is a masterpiece, I.R.S is a great straight-up rock tune, which from the live shows sounds like it has gotten even better, and Catcher is a beautiful beatles-esque ballad. And from how Sebastian described "Sorry" I know I'm gonna dig the fuck out of that song.

no matter how many unheard songs we get on the album, to me its gonna be worth the wait. All the new stuff is right up there with the old stuff to me and I cant see any of those getting old to me. They will always be fresh just like the old stuff.

I have been trying to listen to less of the new songs so I can have that feeling of when I first heard Better again. I cant describe that feeling, but I have felt nothing like it before. I was in heaven.

Bring on the album, I cant wait. drool
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »

Inspired by Nesquick I'll list some of the reasons why I think certain songs don't reach all the way up.

There Was A Time

Lacks a little on the chorus.
The bridge to the solo needs a little spice. Think Rocket Queen outro.

I.R.S

Lyrics are bad
Vocals lack a little rasp
Non prominent guitar

Oh My God

Bad chorus
Bad solo
Bad production

Won't comment much on the bootlegs, but 02 version of The Blues is pretty flawless, Madagascar sound pretty badass on the Boston promo, CD could need some structure work but it's still pretty good. SW and R&B would be fine as they are with proper sound.

The lyrics are good to I.R.S
Its just the fan interpretations are bad.
People say the chorus is bad, but is a metaphor.
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »

have been trying to listen to less of the new songs so I can have that feeling of when I first heard Better again. I cant describe that feeling, but I have felt nothing like it before. I was in heaven.
LOL. where were you in 87-93?

BTW, IRS is one of the best Rock song i have ever heard.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 02:23:22 PM »

have been trying to listen to less of the new songs so I can have that feeling of when I first heard Better again. I cant describe that feeling, but I have felt nothing like it before. I was in heaven.

Wasnt old enough.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 02:24:41 PM »

The lyrics are good to I.R.S
Its just the fan interpretations are bad.
People say the chorus is bad, but is a metaphor.

Wow, thanks for telling me Tongue

Bad lyrics are bad lyrics no matter what they represent. You could write new lyrics that represents the same theme.

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 02:27:17 PM »

To put it simply, YES!

I've heard Madagascar, The Blues, IRS and Better live and I totally love those songs. ?I've denied myself TWAT and CITR out of respect to the band, so can't say for sure but I expect I'll like them, they're GN'R after all. ?Chinese Democracy (the song) and Rhiadh & The Bedouins (sp?) are also cool, although could maybe use a little improvementin the studio. ?A newly recorded version of Oh My God would kick serious ass, it deserves a re-recording due to the failry shitty production of the original, but could become legendary imo.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
axlnyc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2006, 02:28:49 PM »

:hihi:YES.  I'm on board for every new track we've heard.  Just like i liked AFI and UYI1/2.  Lets releease the dman thing already.

81688-NJ
61791-LI, NY
120991-MSG
121391-MSG
71892-NJ
72992-NJ
30693-CT
120502-MSG
51206-NYC
51506-NYC
51706-NYC
110506-NJ
111006-MSG
111711-NJ
111911-CT
112611-NJ
2/10/12-NYC
2/12/12-
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2006, 02:29:57 PM »

Wasnt old enough.
Then you just can't understand... Smiley
lol.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 02:32:21 PM by nesquik » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2006, 02:32:32 PM »

I think Slither, in terms of a "rock song" is better then all the leaks.  Can't compare it to madagascar or twat or CITR or the blues, but it totally destroys CD, IRS and Better.  And I"m not a huge VR fan, far from it.  But that one song is just amazing, esp in comparison to the rock leaks we've heard.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »

Wasnt old enough.
Well, you just can't understand... Smiley
lol.

I bet. Dont get me wrong, I love the old band and the old music. When I first heard it, I had never heard anything like it. and thats why they are my favorite band of all time. But I do think that all the new tunes are great and could be right up there in the end with the old material.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2006, 02:34:40 PM »

I think Slither, in terms of a "rock song" is better then all the leaks.  Can't compare it to madagascar or twat or CITR or the blues, but it totally destroys CD, IRS and Better.  And I"m not a huge VR fan, far from it.  But that one song is just amazing, esp in comparison to the rock leaks we've heard.

Slither amazing?  Tongue

And then I actually gives Contraband 3 out of 5.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »

Wasnt old enough.
Then you just can't understand... Smiley
lol.

Yeah you can, just have to listen to them as much as the guys who were born earlier did. smoking

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2006, 02:37:40 PM »

Slither amazing?  Tongue

And then I actually gives Contraband 3 out of 5.

Yeah Slither is a good song, but its nothing compared to Axl's stuff. Its pretty much a STP song with Slash on guitar. Nothing special.

Some might say that Axl's songs are staight up rock but I respect him more for not making a bland straight up rock song. He's being experimental and trying different ways to make a rock song, expanding the boundries you could say, and I think its paying off.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »

I've read through this thread and most of the posters seem ungrateful to me. ?I mean, what the fuck do want?? ?You want bigger better versions of November Rain and Coma x10?Huh!

Axl's written some really good songs and for my money one or two could would walk onto a best of cd no problem. ?Seriously folks, it's time to move on from the sleazy rock 'n' roll on 1987. ?Axl has changed style because he's changed. ?Get over it. ?Seriously, answer me this, what the fuck do you people want?!!

?rant ? peace

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2006, 02:39:53 PM »

I've read through this thread and most of the posters seem ungrateful to me. ?I mean, what the fuck do want?? ?You want bigger better versions of November Rain and Coma x10?Huh!

Axl's written some really good songs and for my money one or two could would walk onto a best of cd no problem. ?Seriously folks, it's time to move on from the sleazy rock 'n' roll on 1987. ?Axl has changed style because he's changed. ?Get over it. ?Seriously, answer me this, what the fuck do you people want?!!

?rant ? peace

I don't know, a civilized discussion about music perhaps?  What do you want?

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2006, 02:40:32 PM »

madagscar-wht to say "geniously song",apsolutely the best which i heard in last 10 years
the blues-excelent song,very good lyrics and beautifull melody.potentionaly big hit
better-excelent rock song,and iwillhope on cd it willbe withhard rock arangman
twat-something like breakdown (one of my favor)
citr-very hard song,something like quenn -show must go on
irs-i like it a lot

for other songs i hope it won't be realised on cd

I have never seen so many tree
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

Yes but I'm hoping there's a "Don't Cry" or a few other mellow songs on there. I don't want something with all hard rock. "The Blues" is sort of my bag, It's like the new "November Rain".

In fact, I find myself comparing just how similar some of these sound to past songs. Perhaps Axl wanted a fimiliar album that peeps could relate to.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2006, 02:53:19 PM »

?rant ? peace

I don't know, a civilized discussion about music perhaps?? What do you want?
Some answers   Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: