Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  After all is said and done...... what will we do?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: After all is said and done...... what will we do?  (Read 7163 times)
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« on: November 13, 2006, 10:48:24 PM »

When CD finally hits and the excitement dies down.... what will all us Hard Core Fans do? We have had a blast suffering through all these years of hype, let downs, secrets, etc.  I for one kinda get off on the thrill of " This could be it!" and I know its gonna be hard to replace that.

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:49:08 PM »

We're not the only ones
Who look at life this way....

I couldn't resist
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 10:49:55 PM »

we'll do it all over again for the next album  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 10:50:44 PM »

When CD finally hits and the excitement dies down.... what will all us Hard Core Fans do? We have had a blast suffering through all these years of hype, let downs, secrets, etc.? I for one kinda get off on the thrill of " This could be it!" and I know its gonna be hard to replace that.

waiting for the follow up and bitching why wasnt (insert song title here) on CD

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:51:13 PM »

we'll do it all over again for the next album? ok

I second that. peace

CUBA DEMOCRAZY is next. hihi

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 10:51:40 PM »

Life will be just a little sweeter. ?Take it from a Red Sox fan. ?People used to ask the same question, "what will Sox fans do when they win a world series?" ?Well, they won, it was great, and life went on. ?Chinese Democracy will most likely not leave my CD player for a good year or 2 or 3 or more. ?I can't wait.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 10:52:18 PM »

What will we do is a good question. ?I just hope the 3 albums idea is still in affect.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 10:52:43 PM »

I'll be waiting for more new music and hopefully the next few albums of songs that came from these myriad sessions.. it will be a happy time!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

maybe we can spend the next 14 years trying to puzzle together what the fuck happened in the last 14 years.you know,make some sense of all this

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:54:41 PM »

Probably begin speculation on when a reunion will happen.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:55:21 PM »

I just hope the album has at least 18 tracks.  I just don't think 13 would be enough.  I know I'm going to burn out the CD within the day, but shit I want as much music as possible.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 10:59:08 PM »

There are follow-ups, more gigs, live DVD's and more releases to ponder, my friend
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »

When CD finally hits and the excitement dies down.... what will all us Hard Core Fans do? We have had a blast suffering through all these years of hype, let downs, secrets, etc.? I for one kinda get off on the thrill of " This could be it!" and I know its gonna be hard to replace that.

i hope the mods will allow us to talk about the album at least when it's released!

Cry
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:01:30 PM by eraser » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 11:02:13 PM »

i hope the mods will allow us to talk about the album at least when it's release!

As long as the review is positive and favorable toward the band that won't be a problem. However, as hint of disappointment in the final product will not be tolerated.
ben9785
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 11:06:38 PM »

When CD finally hits and the excitement dies down.... what will all us Hard Core Fans do? We have had a blast suffering through all these years of hype, let downs, secrets, etc.  I for one kinda get off on the thrill of " This could be it!" and I know its gonna be hard to replace that.
I don't know if I would exactly go as far as calling it a "blast" lol but yeah, through all the frustration, dissapointment, letdowns, silent months on end, I don't know, it's been a great ongoing curiosity. It is going to be VERY overwhelming the day the album is released. The culmination of years of waiting, the things i've gone through in the time (finishing school, college etc), all those endless days and nights looking at gig reviews and articles anxious for any new information.. and especially for me, people who I wanted to enjoy the album with who aren't here anymore, especially my closest friends who either moved away, moved on or passed away. I'm going to be thinking of ALOT of people when I hear the first notes of the album.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 11:11:17 PM »

we'll do it all over again for the next album  ok

flawless reply

I absolutly second that  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 11:26:56 PM »

IF Chinese Democracy comes out, for some it'll be like Christmas, after you've opened everything. It's like, "Ok, now what?" I know I've jokingly compared Axl to Santa, but I'm serious this time!
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 11:46:16 PM »

I don't know if I would exactly go as far as calling it a "blast" lol but yeah, through all the frustration, dissapointment, letdowns, silent months on end, I don't know, it's been a great ongoing curiosity. It is going to be VERY overwhelming the day the album is released. The culmination of years of waiting, the things i've gone through in the time (finishing school, college etc), all those endless days and nights looking at gig reviews and articles anxious for any new information.. and especially for me, people who I wanted to enjoy the album with who aren't here anymore, especially my closest friends who either moved away, moved on or passed away. I'm going to be thinking of ALOT of people when I hear the first notes of the album.

It is defintely going to be a little bitter-sweet (no The Blues pun intended), since I have been checking these sites for news about the album on almost a daily basis since 1999. But like this poster said, it is going to be a great moment to listen to the cd, a lot of memories will come back of all the time I've waited for this album and all the nights I've spent bugging my friends, many of whom I don't really see anymore, about how great this album will be.

Overall, even if there are follow-up albums and concert dvds etc., none of them will be as special to listen to as Chinese Democracy will be since it is the album I spent a good portion of my youth waiting to hear. I'm sure 20 years from now I'll still smile when I hear a song off of Chinese Democracy and think of all the time I spent waiting for it to come out.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »

I also will tell all my friends how fantastic the CD is.  I mean beat it into their brains.  That's for sure.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 11:51:52 PM »

They'll BITCH!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: