Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 08:33:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Suicide Girls opening for Guns!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suicide Girls opening for Guns!!!  (Read 53244 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2006, 05:10:16 PM »

You think the press will paraise the band for having a strip show open for them? It'll be the opposite. Every paper will talk about how little power and class the name GN'R now holds because they couldn't even find a BAND to open for them and they resorted to a strip act.

Playing with the Suicide Girls didn't do The Panic Channel any harm. Tongue

And seriously... do all of you people work for GN'R? ?No, didn't think so. ?Well, you know what that means?

You don't choose where to play
You don't choose when a cancellation is needed
You don't choose when the band is ready to come onstage
You don't choose the setlist
And just added to the list... You most certainly don't choose who to open the shows
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »

I just don't get some of you people.

I don't get why anyone's gig experience wouldn't be enhanced by LIVE NUDE GIRLS.

GNR + Naked chicks. THAT is a tentpole act.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2006, 05:13:52 PM »

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off about Axl. I've been a fan since I bought AFD in 1987 and I"ve put up with all the garbage over the years. It was bad enough paying too much to see them in 2002 with crappy opening band and lame DJ, now we have this?? At least with Papa Roach supporting it justifies the price of a ticket. Why.....

Mixmaster Mike is a badass DJ.

The Suicide Girls at least sound interesting (to me), unlike Papa Roach (again, to me).

Dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks.

I think, if you're that much of a fan of GNR, the money you shell out for a ticket is to see them, and that anything else is just a bonus, which you can choose to skip if you don't like it.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »

i don't understand all the bitching.

you get to see gnr and a bunch of hot women.......

what the fuck are you complaining about?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2006, 05:17:28 PM »

I just know that you're going to get slaughtered for saying that, but I agree. I can see why he didn't get over with GNR fans but he's one talented motherfucker. For a DJ.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »

I just know that you're going to get slaughtered for saying that, but I agree. I can see why he didn't get over with GNR fans but he's one talented motherfucker. For a DJ.

Haha!  I don't care if I get slaughtered.  I know turntablism isn't everyone's cup of tea.  But it's one thing to say you dislike something, and another thing entirely to call something "lame"...  Especially when it's not.

My two favorite bands are GNR and the Beastie Boys.  I saw the Beastie Boys with Mixmaster Mike, and he was just AMAZING!  He wasn't simply playing records as background music; he was using the turntables as an instrument, scratching like crazy and creating his own beats on the fly.  That has to be at least as hard as playing a guitar.  (I've tried to do both and failed miserably.  LOL.)
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »

I saw the Beastie Boys with Mixmaster Mike, and he was just AMAZING! 

I think the first time I heard the guy was on a Beastie Boys track, actually. "3 MCs and 1 DJ" ? Something like that.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »

I saw the Beastie Boys with Mixmaster Mike, and he was just AMAZING!?

I think the first time I heard the guy was on a Beastie Boys track, actually. "3 MCs and 1 DJ" ? Something like that.

3 MC's and 1 DJ!
We be gettin' down with no de-lay!

Yep, that was one of the better tracks off of the Beasties' "Hello Nasty" album, which was the first album featuring Mixmaster Mike.

Before that, they had DJ Hurricane, who is no slouch, but not quite as dextrous as Mixmaster Mike.
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2006, 05:37:16 PM »

Before that, they had DJ Hurricane, who is no slouch, but not quite as dextrous as Mixmaster Mike.

Yeah, but neither of them hold a candle to Terminator X or Africa Islam.  Tongue
Opening Act

Live like a ?!*@ Suicide Girl

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »

Wow. I knew the U.S.A. in general was sexually repressed, but I had no idea that it was so pervasive that American rock n' roll fans - rock n' roll fans!! -  would be up in arms about half-naked ladies putting on a show before their favorite group comes on stage to rock out.

Wierd.

A word to the SG's: stick with the Guns - I promise you'll get a hearty welcome once you cross the northern border into Soviet Canukistan!

See you in Halifax, Nov. 20, and Saint John Nov. 21, ladies.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2006, 05:43:43 PM »

Yeah, but neither of them hold a candle to Terminator X or Africa Islam.? Tongue

Terminator X / the Bomb Squad are the shiznit!

But I would take Mixmaster Mike or Q-Bert, or probably any of the Invisibl Skratch Piklz, over them any day (strictly skills-wise, not accomplishment-wise). ?Also Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow.

I don't know Africa Islam Huh?
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2006, 05:46:17 PM »

it'll neither hinder nor help gnr PR having suicide girls on tour - cause nobody really gives a shit.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »

I can see this being an issue for anyone who is taking their kids.? I have no issue with it but I can see some very pissed parents either before or after the show when they find out who the opening band is.?

Fuck 'em

This is totally Guns N' Roses.

I can just picture these chicks joining GN'R on stage for It's So Easy.

SO FUCKING EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »

I really dont care who opens for Guns, I paid to go and see them. For whoever is on stage until the boys come on I really dont care. However the Suicide Girls are kinda sexy, in that freaky kinda way.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »

Wow. I knew the U.S.A. in general was sexually repressed, but I had no idea that it was so pervasive that American rock n' roll fans - rock n' roll fans!! -? would be up in arms about half-naked ladies putting on a show before their favorite group comes on stage to rock out.

Wierd.

Haha... ?Yeah, the US is kinda funny... ?We seem to be more open to mindless violence than to the beauty of the human body, or of two human bodies together for that matter. ?Kinda sad, really.

I think some people would rather see another band in between Bach and GNR than a burlesque show (or a DJ for that matter). ?That's their prerogative. ?But I don't get all the complaining, either.
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2006, 05:51:15 PM »

Yeah, but neither of them hold a candle to Terminator X or Africa Islam.  Tongue

Terminator X / the Bomb Squad are the shiznit!

But I would take Mixmaster Mike or Q-Bert, or probably any of the Invisibl Skratch Piklz, over them any day (strictly skills-wise, not accomplishment-wise).  Also Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow.

I don't know Africa Islam  Huh

I was just pulling your leg  Tongue Pretty much all of the DJs I can think of I know through their association with rappers from 20 years ago. Africa Islam was Ice-T's DJ for a while in the late eighties. Africa Bambaataa's son, if I remember correctly. Were the Invisibl Skratch Piklz on the El Stew record? 
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2006, 05:52:51 PM »

Invisibl Skratch Piklz?  Didn't they teach Brain how to scratch, which resulted in him incorporated some decks into his drumkit for some bands?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

Damn! Some nice kinky girls!! Grin

Thanks for the link.  peace

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2006, 05:56:48 PM »

Invisibl Skratch Piklz?  Didn't they teach Brain how to scratch, which resulted in him incorporated some decks into his drumkit for some bands?
Sounds familiar. But I get confused.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2006, 06:06:05 PM »

Africa Islam was Ice-T's DJ for a while in the late eighties. Africa Bambaataa's son, if I remember correctly.

Oh, okay!

I used to be big into the rave/club scene (I had to do something in between UYI and CD ?Wink) and have seen a lot of DJ's and even met a few... ?My roommate at the time did some chauffeuring for one of the nation's biggest club nights, Buzz, held at Nation in Washington DC, and he always hated picking up Africa Bambaataa in his GTI because the dude is HUGE and carries like 20 crates of records. ?(Okay maybe 20 is an exagerration, but he carries more than the standard 1 or 2 that most DJ's carry. ?yes)

Were the Invisibl Skratch Piklz on the El Stew record??

I don't know Huh? ?I first heard of them in the clubs and ordered a bunch of their Asphodel recordings on the now-defunct custom-CD website, CDuctive. ?They finally played Buzz in 1999, and instead of dancing like usual, everyone crowded around the DJ booth in a big circle, craning their necks to see these guys work the decks like surgical instruments.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: