Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:23:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Stem Cell Research
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stem Cell Research  (Read 2939 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »

ok, I support the research at the field.
I'm a catholic, but at this field I just dont agree with the church politics.

it hides the cure for parkinsons alzhimers, etc.etc

I tought I'd start this thread, in support to the ongoing thread at GNR section.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »

I have always and will continue to support stem cell research.

difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 06:32:55 PM »

I'm glad that the democrats won this year's election so we can get some serious fundings for the stem cell research. I want this stem cell research to help my damaged hearing so I can hear better again.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 09:13:55 PM »

Stem cell research is already funded well in other countries, state governments, private funding, etc, and it still hasn't brought us much, even though it will be useful in the very long term. As great as research usually is, the benefits of federal funding aren't certain, since they're great at messing everything else up. Finally, we don't know much about stem cells yet, and we're decades away from real uses, at best. It took decades to go from relativity to nuclear power, and biology is a messier discipline than physics.

Yes, there is some hope for the deaf with stem cells.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7003

As a headbanger, the most important part of stem cell research for me would be growing a full head full of long hair well into my 80's.  Grin
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 06:34:17 AM »

The Govt already does fund stem cell reserch. Where the parties differ is that the Republicans dont want to increase federal funding where the democrats do. Its a fierce political debate in the USA.

Why not fully explore this? It could unlock the door to many different cures? I say let the parents of the fetus decide if they want to donate it to science. We do that with fully grown dead bodies. ( dont mean to be morbid, but it makes sense to me)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:46:04 AM »

Stem cell research is evil.....because God says so.

Its right next to the passage in Leviticus about slavery being acceptable confused

and here it is!: Lev 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:51:21 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »

The Govt already does fund stem cell reserch. Where the parties differ is that the Republicans dont want to increase federal funding where the democrats do. Its a fierce political debate in the USA.

Why not fully explore this? It could unlock the door to many different cures? I say let the parents of the fetus decide if they want to donate it to science. We do that with fully grown dead bodies. ( dont mean to be morbid, but it makes sense to me)

the republicans have banned most of the embrio research programs, made many embrios go to waste.

fuckheads.

I hope the reasearch makes progress soon.
maybe they could grow a brain for bush

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 01:26:28 PM »

The weird thing is, stem cells from fetuses don't have the potential that embryonic stem cells do. Once organs have formed,  the stem cells are much less plastic. It's people who are against first trimester abortion (ALL abortion, practically) that are mostly against the research.

Since Republicans could have ended abortion if they wanted to (with both houses, president, and court), there's probably more to the stem cell "issue" than morality. People living too long might drain social security more, and other unplausable conspiracies. It's just convenient to use the Christian right as a scapegoat, since they historically are very forgiving of being treated poorly. Well, it looks like things changed with the recent election, though...

Izzy, many theologians, even in the early church, somehow concluded that life begins when blood flows in a fetus's body, and despite abortions being done even back then, little of it is spoken of in the Bible. It's ignorant to blame the Christian right, since it's likely what "they" want us to do. There's more to this than what's said.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 02:45:20 PM »

I support it. Islam says if it helps survival of being then do it due to compulsion. So yeh, i is for it

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »

I support it. Islam says if it helps survival of being then do it due to compulsion. So yeh, i is for it

If Islam told u to jump off a cliff would u do that too?

No?

No bloody wonder we get suicide bombers....

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:44:59 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 11:17:33 PM »

i'm all for drug companies exploring stem cell research.. i could careless if the goverment funds for it or not.  government ran programs are never effecient and usually unproductive.  The private secotor is much more efficient.. they creat a better product at a lower cost.  could anyone name the last drug that was developed by the government. all of the drugs that i can think of were created at Pfizer, Merk, Amgen ect...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 08:24:57 AM »

last thing the government invented was aids, war, plague, ...
etc.etc.

Surfrider
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 04:14:01 PM »

Stem cell research is evil.....because God says so.

Its right next to the passage in Leviticus about slavery being acceptable confused

and here it is!: Lev 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations...

You can mock religion all you want.  Religion draws moral boundaries.  I would think at some point most people can agree that killing fetuses or certain types of cloning cross the ethical and moral line.  I think it undermines your argument when you use ad hominen attacks and attack religion rather than arguing the morality of the positions they espouse.

For the record, I support stem cell research at a general level.  However, there are moral boundaries to my support.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 04:35:23 PM »

if axl's for it i'm too
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »

Well, if Axl's for Christianity, what would you say? This is coming from a christian who supports stem cell.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 12:27:20 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061115/ap_on_he_me/growing_heart_valves

Woot woot.  Great read.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 12:40:54 AM »

Wow, that is amazing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 12:47:12 AM »

I read somewhere or heard from a preacher once that said we were suppose to live forever until Adam did his thing with Eve.......

well maybe Stem Cell research will allow us to live forever

That would be sweet

To me stem cell is just as morally wrong as donating organs.

I mean is there anything more unnatural than u being dead but your kidney living?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 01:03:48 AM »

Hmmm that sounds like something more out of the Lord of the Rings saga than anything. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »

To me stem cell is just as morally wrong as donating organs.

So, would you like the deafs to hear and the blinds to see? They're missing out everything in life. Isn't that wrong?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: