Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall of Fame 2012
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame 2012  (Read 4879 times)
RocketQueen2002
Opening Act

the light in my darkest hour is fear...

« on: November 11, 2006, 04:07:13 PM »

What do you guys think the chances are the old line-up will get together when they are inducted. no doubt GNR will be inducted the first time out. maybe not to play... but be in the same room.... that's gonna be crazy. slash and axl haven't been in the same room for like 10 years.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:08:49 PM »

there is a chance they might be in the same "room" next year at all the award shows when "libertad" and "chinese democracy" might be up against each other in best rock act and such yes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:10:15 PM »

there is a chance they might be in the same "room" next year at all the award shows when "libertad" and "chinese democracy" might be up against each other in best rock act and such yes

that would be priceless.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 04:11:37 PM »

I wonder if an un-promoted album will reach that kind of status.  If it does, it might be one of the most successful albums ever.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

What do you guys think the chances are the old line-up will get together when they are inducted. no doubt GNR will be inducted the first time out. maybe not to play... but be in the same room.... that's gonna be crazy. slash and axl haven't been in the same room for like 10 years.

Only if they are officially re-united under the GN'R name.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 12:35:45 PM »

I can imagine a reunion in 6 years.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:40:34 PM »

slash and axl haven't been in the same room for like 10 years.
Didn't they meet in October 2005 according to Axl ?

I can see a re-union within 2 years.

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 01:43:35 PM »

slash and axl haven't been in the same room for like 10 years.
Didn't they meet in October 2005 according to Axl ?

I can see a re-union within 2 years.

Supposedly Slash asked to be back in the band not to long ago according to Axl. Slash had no comment.

If that happened, that counts as a meeting.

I don't see a reunion entirely out of the question down the road. Certaintly I think the chances of it are greater now than I did 5 years ago.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 03:58:12 AM »

There will be no reunion, I'm betting my money on that.

Plus it wouldn't be fair for Tommy, Robin & Co.

And what will happen with the Chinese Democracy songs ? If the old lineup comes together again, will they agree to play them ?

If the band is inducted in the RN'R Hall Of Fame, I bet Axl alone will come, to represent the band. And in 2012, This new band will probably have done a lot. Maybe they will be there.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
TheMole
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 05:26:46 AM »

If the band is inducted in the RN'R Hall Of Fame, I bet Axl alone will come, to represent the band. And in 2012, This new band will probably have done a lot. Maybe they will be there.

I think I've read somewhere that only the original lineup can be there because of the Hall Of Fame rules or something. It has to be the lineup that recorded the debut album 25 years before the actual inauguration. This basically means that the CD lineup would be eligible by 2031 (if CD comes out this year). Normally the living original members get invited as individuals anyway, so I guess they could all be there in the same room.
aimz
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »

i cant wait for 2012!!!!!!! Grin Grin
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »

There will be no reunion, I'm betting my money on that.

Plus it wouldn't be fair for Tommy, Robin & Co.

And what will happen with the Chinese Democracy songs ? If the old lineup comes together again, will they agree to play them ?

They'd probably play a couple in that instance. I wouldn't be shocked if a reunion happened, that a couple VR songs wouldn't also make the set too.

Does anybody know if Motley Crue still plays live material from their self-titled album with John Corabi instead of Vince Neil?

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »

Thankx TheMole, I didn't knew that ok

They'd probably play a couple in that instance. I wouldn't be shocked if a reunion happened, that a couple VR songs wouldn't also make the set too.

Would Axl be OK to sing VR's songs ? Or Slash playing GN'R songs from Chinese Democracy ? I don't think so.

So, as TheMole wrote, maybe the AFD lineup will be together for this introduction. But that would be strange, specially if in 2012 everybody is familiar with the CD lineup.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »

no, i dont see a reunion..  i see a similar situation to what happened with KISS.   The band played a small set, and then Ace and friends played their set. 

GNR will be there, and Slash and Co will be there too.. but not reunited. 
TheMole
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 09:33:54 AM »

no, i dont see a reunion..  i see a similar situation to what happened with KISS.   The band played a small set, and then Ace and friends played their set. 

GNR will be there, and Slash and Co will be there too.. but not reunited. 

Most likely scenario indeed...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 09:57:40 AM »

Would Axl be OK to sing VR's songs ? Or Slash playing GN'R songs from Chinese Democracy ? I don't think so.

Axl would never sing VR songs, but I think Slash could play some CD songs. He's not the guy that cares all that much.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »

The original lineup, well Axl and Slash, will probably be there, but what makes you think they'll perform? They'll probably have some other band doing a tribute to them.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »

Axl would never sing VR songs, but I think Slash could play some CD songs. He's not the guy that cares all that much.

Then it'd never get off the ground.

Slash is going to want some acknowledgment to his work and his effort, and if that kind of shit starts again from the get go, he WILL NOT do it. I guarantee you that.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: