Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43882 times)
Annie
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2006, 05:35:43 PM »

This is kind of tongue and cheek. . . .

If by chance the rumor of the show being cancelled was because of poor ticket sales, do you think the band owes it to the fans that are traveling from Portland ME to go on closer to the time on the ticket 10pm. ?I feel bad for the fans that live in the portland area that will travel to worcester and have to start driving home at 2am for a 2 hour drive.

Now before people jump down my throat for posting the above - read my previous posts, I have always supported this band and I never bitch about them going on late. ?I just feel in this case - if the above mentioned rumor is true, and thats why they canceled the show, I feel the band should do the right thing. ?

BTW - I have no problem with canceling a show becasue of lack of sales - business is business.

Anyway - my 2 cents.

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

Thanks Beta. I know you guys really care about us fans! I had a security guy at Soldier Field be so rude to me at a Rolling Stone's concert that I almost left.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »

Thanks to Beta for giving us a little more information, though I'm sure those that didn't believe the press release will not believe her either. My experience with cancelled shows is that when an actual reason is given that actual reason is true. When they say something along the lines of "The show has been cancelled due to illness" then it is for some reason that we'll probably never know. If the illness is specifically defined like "so and so" has "something" then it is usually true (especially if one or more dates are cancelled as well). When there is a press release naming two people who management feels are responsible for the cancellation, I would assume that to be true. Libel people, libel.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
SLCPUNK
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

Sounds totally legit to me.

Like I said in another post, if anybody has ever had to work with any inspectors or city officials before, it can be a nightmare.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2006, 06:20:32 PM »

Like I said in another post, if anybody has ever had to work with any inspectors or city officials before, it can be a nightmare.

That goes double for the North East. They love busting out city/town/village ordinances from the 1800's just to be ball busters. Christ, if they really wanted to dig deep I'm sure they could have found a Puritan Law that would have named Axl a witch based on the Pyro display. We haven't had a good burning at the stake around these parts in ages.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2006, 06:27:54 PM »

That goes double for the North East. They love busting out city/town/village ordinances from the 1800's just to be ball busters. Christ, if they really wanted to dig deep I'm sure they could have found a Puritan Law that would have named Axl a witch based on the Pyro display. We haven't had a good burning at the stake around these parts in ages.

rofl at Puritan Laws and burning Axl at the stake. ?They really are horrible, the officials. ?Someone wrote before about them being like the local mafia and sometimes they really are. ?When 14 of them show up on your lawn because you built your deck 1 inch further into your yard than you should have then you know what I am talking about. ?This behavior is nothing new for these people.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2006, 06:28:06 PM »

Why do some of you believe Beta? ?Is it because she is connected to GNR? ?She is hardly someone who would be objective. ?She would say anything she is told to say by management or Axl. ?Does the word "agenda" mean anything to you people?

They just showed the interview with Papa Roach from the CCCC. ?You want to get a clue as to who's to blame for this mess. ?Just look at that interview. ?They basically blame Axl for this. ?They apologized to their fans and went out of their way to let them know that they had nothing to do with this and that they should have expected shit like this to happen with a GNR tour. ?They didn't rant and rave about the city officials, they blamed GNR.

Some of you are so damn gullible. ?To believe Beta of all people who is the only one here with an agenda. ?SLC, I'm surprised that you beleive her. ?You are politically sauvy enough to know when an agenda is in play.

Wake up guys. ?Try to separate your love of GNR from reality. ?Axl is a great song writer/singer, but if you ask 1,000 random people what they think of him you'll get 890 "asshole" replies. ?That's his MO and you guys drink the coolaid every time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 06:29:54 PM by Charity Case » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2006, 06:35:21 PM »

I'm sorry, but past experiences have made most of the fans schizophrenic and paranoid when it comes to any statement made by the band.
Rarely anything is answered, and when it is answered, it's quite vague, and ambiguous.
A big factor is the constant anxiety because the album release date has not yet been set,
and there's less than 2 months till the end of the year, and people are starting to get jumpy, and are afraid that after this fall, the band might not release the album as previously announced, or even worse, go underground once again(as in 2003-05 period).

Also, many questions have been left unanswered in the past,
So fans tend not to believe the band as the band would want them to. (Example, the 2002 tour cancellation).
the fright that the band might cancel the shows is always present, especially if people are traveling to the venue from other town/country..., and shows starting hours behind schedule are not making fans eager, but exhausted, especially for those on the arena floor.

This is a small rant of mine.
Things I brought up might seem small individually, but together they are quite annoying, and I guess is the reason behind the lack of trust.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 06:40:55 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

Man you people are sad!! Get over it. Bands have to cancel shows all the time. Why is it when its gnr its always Axl's fault??
Then Beta comes in here trying to help everyone understand and she gets bashed!!!! Beta is on the inside and is just trying to help out!!! Damn people!! Let it go and move on to the next show!
And Beta! Peace!
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »

Why do some of you believe Beta? ?Is it because she is connected to GNR? ?She is hardly someone who would be objective. ?She would say anything she is told to say by management or Axl. ?Does the word "agenda" mean anything to you people?

They just showed the interview with Papa Roach from the CCCC. ?You want to get a clue as to who's to blame for this mess. ?Just look at that interview. ?They basically blame Axl for this. ?They apologized to their fans and went out of their way to let them know that they had nothing to do with this and that they should have expected shit like this to happen with a GNR tour. ?They didn't rant and rave about the city officials, they blamed GNR.

Some of you are so damn gullible. ?To believe Beta of all people who is the only one here with an agenda. ?SLC, I'm surprised that you beleive her. ?You are politically sauvy enough to know when an agenda is in play.

Wake up guys. ?Try to separate your love of GNR from reality. ?Axl is a great song writer/singer, but if you ask 1,000 random people what they think of him you'll get 890 "asshole" replies. ?That's his MO and you guys drink the coolaid every time.

Because what she say sounds reasonable. Axl has also proven to be alot more flexibile with these kinds of situations than in the past. I don't think he would risk his comeback tour for some bullshit this time around. He just doesn't come off as that type of person anymore.

Still an asshole, by all means, but a slightly reasonable asshole hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2006, 06:41:11 PM »

Man you people are sad!! Get over it. Bands have to cancel shows all the time. Why is it when its gnr its always Axl's fault??
Then Beta comes in here trying to help everyone understand and she gets bashed!!!! Beta is on the inside and is just trying to help out!!! Damn people!! Let it go and move on to the next show!
And Beta! Peace!
amyl
[/b]

Thank you.

gnrevolution.com
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2006, 06:42:06 PM »

Still an asshole, by all means, but a slightly reasonable asshole hihi

I agree with you there.  He seems more stable. 
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »

Your welcome Jack. Sometimes you just have to speak up.
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »

Some of you are so damn gullible.  To believe Beta of all people who is the only one here with an agenda.  SLC, I'm surprised that you beleive her.  You are politically sauvy enough to know when an agenda is in play.

If it was 2002, I would not believe it.

This time things seem different and much more solid. So I am giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I usually give one "get out of jail free card" first anyways...........
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:29 PM »

Where is that damn kiss ass icon......
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2006, 06:43:34 PM »

Well it is nice that we got some clarification from Beta, good to know that somebody cares.... Reading the post it makes some sense indeed....I mean why cancel a show when you already set up the stage?? I mean the cost was already produced, the band would not gain anything from it, in fact by cancelling the show they are financially even worse off, since they might have to refund tickets!
We should all hope the best and look forward for the rest of the tour... I mean it is bad for the people who had tickets but I survived 3 cancellations in the gunners world and this is the only time when somebody really cared to give an explanation!

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2006, 06:53:29 PM »

Why do some of you believe Beta?

Because she knows what hse is talking about and is too classy of a woman to come on here and make up all kinds of shit. So show her some respect.  rant
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2006, 06:54:04 PM »

Honestly, if you are just going to keep posting negativity I don't even see why you are here. ?Obviously this is a different situation than 2002 which was left with no words. ?Now you get a press release and a personal response from Beta and it STILL is not enough for some. ?It is obvious that nothing the band is doing is going to make you happy and I can't see staying here if you are this unhappy. ?

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2006, 07:02:22 PM »

Because she knows what hse is talking about and is too classy of a woman to come on here and make up all kinds of shit. So show her some respect.  rant

REAL classy when every other word she drops the F-Bomb  rofl

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2006, 07:03:10 PM »

Why do some of you believe Beta?

REAL classy when other other word she drops the F-Bomb  rofl

only classy ladies drop the f-bomb  Tongue
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2006, 07:07:13 PM »

You're so boring and predictable it's not even funny anymore...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: