Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43854 times)
mitchgo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2006, 03:42:34 PM »

I was just checking other bands forums im part of and i remembered the NIN also canceled their show in portland earlier this year, just a few hours prior to the begining of the show. Can it be a coincidence? Heres the message

tonight's nine inch nails performance at cumberland county civic center in portland_me is postponed due to illness. in the next few days, we will be announcing a rescheduled date during the upcoming summer tour. please hold onto all tickets as tickets from tonight's show will be honored at the rescheduled performance. we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Actually...that IS a coincidence.

Trent was deathly ill the previous night and postponed a Mass. gig for a week. He tried to recover for ME and couldn't. They rescheduled the show for the summer tour, and not coincidentally, played one of the longest shows of the year during that make up show.

I've seen tons of shows in Portland, many with huge pyro (Megadeth last year comes to mind...i could feel the heat from the back of the hall. Ditto Green Day.) Seems odd that GnR were restricted from doing the same thing.

Either way, the NIN thing is not indicative of the venue's issues. Just Trent's dire illness in Feb of this year.

MG
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2006, 03:45:04 PM »

I was just checking other bands forums im part of and i remembered the NIN also canceled their show in portland earlier this year, just a few hours prior to the begining of the show. Can it be a coincidence? Heres the message

tonight's nine inch nails performance at cumberland county civic center in portland_me is postponed due to illness. in the next few days, we will be announcing a rescheduled date during the upcoming summer tour. please hold onto all tickets as tickets from tonight's show will be honored at the rescheduled performance. we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Actually...that IS a coincidence.

Trent was deathly ill the previous night and postponed a Mass. gig for a week. He tried to recover for ME and couldn't. They rescheduled the show for the summer tour, and not coincidentally, played one of the longest shows of the year during that make up show.

I've seen tons of shows in Portland, many with huge pyro (Megadeth last year comes to mind...i could feel the heat from the back of the hall. Ditto Green Day.) Seems odd that GnR were restricted from doing the same thing.

Either way, the NIN thing is not indicative of the venue's issues. Just Trent's dire illness in Feb of this year.

MG

+1 - I had tickets for that show which were honored in June, and the show was great.
mitchgo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2006, 03:46:35 PM »

+1 - I had tickets for that show which were honored in June, and the show was great.

It sure was! I've seen NIN on every tour since 91, and this was as good as they've ever been (and a spectacular stage show).

OK, not quite up there with the tour they did with Bowie in '95, but really close...

MG
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »

Lets say the sanction is Pyro. Thats still pretty damn lame reason to cancel. There a rock and roll band, all they have to do is play music.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2006, 03:51:38 PM »

Did anybody lose bets that they would play ALL the shows?

Now that's a bet you just don't make hihi

Wasn't  nashville cancelled or should I put my joint down ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2006, 03:53:16 PM »

Now that's a bet you just don't make hihi

Wasn't? nashville cancelled or should I put my joint down ?

I don't think that show was officially cancelled yet.  It still stands as postponed without a reschedule as of right now.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2006, 04:03:18 PM »

Cool....I was just thinking this stuff is stronger than I thought it was  hihi

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2006, 04:06:04 PM »

As a point of information, a radio station in Portland, 104.7 WBBX(?), is stating that they spoke with the fire marshall's office who is claiming that the issues that they were not able to agree on were related to stagehands being positioned over pyro, and a spotlight which could not be positioned so as to allow heat to dissipate. I'm not sure if this relates to some physical characteristic of the building itself, or what.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2006, 04:08:32 PM »

As a point of information, a radio station in Portland, 104.7 WBBX(?), is stating that they spoke with the fire marshall's office who is claiming that the issues that they were not able to agree on were related to stagehands being positioned over pyro, and a spotlight which could not be positioned so as to allow heat to dissipate. I'm not sure if this relates to some physical characteristic of the building itself, or what.

To me that adds to the fact that the officials were being unreasonable picky.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2006, 04:21:15 PM »

It also points to the fact that the press release is true.  They probably are being overly picky and I would like to think they know exactly what this building can and can't handle.  I mean there had to be some discussion beforehand on what can be done in the venue. 
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2006, 04:26:13 PM »

It also points to the fact that the press release is true.? They probably are being overly picky and I would like to think they know exactly what this building can and can't handle.? I mean there had to be some discussion beforehand on what can be done in the venue.?

They clearly know since other bands have been allowed to play with similar stageprops before. Maybe the wrong guy was at work, woke up on the wrong side of the bed, in fact has a thing for GN'R or he were on a plain powertrip.

I totally believe the ones who say smalltown people can act like this sometimes. I'm not American, but that view keeps popping up wherever I go.

Or MAYBE the firemarshall is a huge GN'R fan and tried to blackmail Axl to give him the album before he would let them on stage rofl

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »

Even if there being picky, its still a lame freakin exuse. Prove that you dont need that shit to put a good show on. There a rock band not a circus act.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2006, 04:34:48 PM »

Who would be stupid enough to make that bet?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »

The bottom line is that somebodies ass was on the line other than GnR and the old adage " Cover your ass" is being applied here!.

Like it or not, when its your ass on the line you do what's best for you - ain't that so mr fireman

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2006, 04:40:56 PM »

Even if there being picky, its still a lame freakin exuse. Prove that you dont need that shit to put a good show on. There a rock band not a circus act.

Did you even read Beta's comments on the other reasons why? ?They were threatening arrest to fans who were drunk and planning on imposing $1000 fines to anyone who lit a freakin' cigarette. ?What kind of rock show doesn't have drunken fans? ?Sorry, but if I was GNR I would have cancelled too.

Trust me when I say small town officials are the absolute worst. ?They are almost all corrupt, want payoffs and live on a power trip because they have a big title in a small town. ?
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »

They were threatening arrest to fans who were drunk and planning on imposing $1000 fines to anyone who lit a freakin' cigarette. ?What kind of rock show doesn't have drunken fans? ?Sorry, but if I was GNR I would have cancelled too.

Trust me when I say small town officials are the absolute worst. ?They are almost all corrupt, want payoffs and live on a power trip because they have a big title in a small town. ?

This is a little funny - sounds kind of like smalltown officials are the mafia or something.

FYI, the civic ctr. was scheduled to serve beer until 10 pm. No intoxicated person who was not at risk of causing harm to themself, or someone else would have been arrested.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

Trust me when I say small town officials are the absolute worst.  They are almost all corrupt, want payoffs and live on a power trip because they have a big title in a small town. 

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2006, 05:08:34 PM »

That's an awesome picture!!  ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2006, 05:10:20 PM »

Trust me when I say small town officials are the absolute worst.? They are almost all corrupt, want payoffs and live on a power trip because they have a big title in a small town.?

rofl

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Annie
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2006, 05:31:59 PM »

I believe the press release. These two fire marshalls could have been on some bizarre power trip.

That's pretty hard to believe.? A power trip?? Come on.
I work with doctors. Some people have huge egos and will go out of their way to make things difficult for other people.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: