Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tonight's show in Portland, ME is cancelled [press release]  (Read 43844 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »

Do you really need all the bangs and flashes to make a show?
it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible
There goes the answer, you don't agree which is a fair game i guess peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »

Do you really need to drink at the show when u can drink before and after?

I wasn't gonna post in this thread anymore, but I had to respond to this one....

If there was no drinking allowed at the show, there would be some SERIOUS complaining...fights and all kinds of bad things. ?I don't drink and even I know that. ?Some people who go to the show want to get totally shitfaced doing it.

and I'm done, I swear

Grin

I'll have to agree with this one. When I'm going to a rock concert being shitfaced drunk out of my mind goes with the territory. But maybe that's because I'm stil in my 20s. hihi

If others think the way I do, there could easily have been problems during the show just because of that.

beer

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »

[

They are, and I respect that. Maybe I'm just frustrated by the situation in general - especially when expressing that frustration gets you labelled a "hater" and "whiner."

I think it's the direction of the frustration that is bothering people. ?Being frustrated is completely understandable...just direct that frustration at the place it deserves to be directed: The venue. ?Heck, maybe write them a letter and send it to their marketing department explaining how disappointed you are, etc. ?They'll respond, of course, that they were just trying to make sure the show was in a "safe and welcoming environment" (ie: we were worried about the "element" gnr would bring, and about gnr's repuation, so we decided to fuck with them)..but at least they might think twice if enough people express being ticked off.

Well, I think in every post, I've said I'm not definitely laying blame. I'm only curious why it was so different for GNR than other acts that play here - for the band and the fans, since this type of thing is not de rigeur, or standard, for concerts at this venue. If someone answered that question, I'd happily write letters, make phone calls, or whatever needed to be done.

I appreciate that Beta is trying to supply us with some connection to the band, but her posts have been mostly directed at people who are attacking Axl, not people who are looking for ways to defend him.
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2006, 02:42:53 PM »

The best experience is surely a show or anykind rather than a no show?

Isnt that the right decision?

-------and time goes by-------
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »

It's not always that easy.

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2006, 02:48:04 PM »

Why isnt it that easy?
explain?

As far as i can see its simple.
you turn up, you play you go.

-------and time goes by-------
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »

Guns N' Roses were NEVER about doing show of anykind... I think Axl explained in a billion of statments that all the time he takes before the show is for him/the band to come to right frame of mind and give the audience 100%... and that is only fair, in my opinion.

When you go to work in the morning you have to do some things first. Some days it takes less time and some days it takes more time (partially dependant of the food you had the night before ?hihi ).
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2006, 02:49:50 PM »

Why isnt it that easy?
explain?

Read my earlier post on this page

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2006, 02:53:13 PM »

Why isnt it that easy?
explain?

risking someone (no matter if band or fans) would be fined for smoking or drinking or playing/dancing with too much passion... or even ending up in jail and risking million things that would become out of it... oh really fucking simple.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2006, 02:58:16 PM »

Why isnt it that easy?
explain?

When is anything in life that fucking easy.

Life is not easy and surely planing and playing at a concert is not that easy. ?

There is plenty of room to disagree or be skeptical at times or have hardcore discussions. ?The facts are GNR put out a press release about why the show was cancelled so until the 2 guys called out in the press release make a statement we have no reason to doubt that press release.

And the fact that beta comes on here is great, people should show some respect for her and Jarmo. Stupid post on this board make him look bad and the rest of us.

It is sad this is the biggest fan site out there and ?lately it has been polluted with some garbage posters. If your angry with the band find another fan site post the shit there.

Do you people really think the band wants to risk losing the tour. NO FUCKING WAY.

I BELEIVE THE PRESS RELEASE AND BETAS COMMENTS 100%

This has been the best? year since when. Long time ago. Enjoy it stop the bitching.

Also if axl did play last night  some would? still find something to bitch about.

And that is my lat post in this thread, I'm not going to feed the trolls anymore in this one.l

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 03:28:16 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2006, 03:19:17 PM »

Why isnt it that easy?
explain?

Also if axl did play last night you pathetic whiners would of still find something to bitch about.

That's really nice- much appreciated.

I think what you meant to say, though, was something more like, "Also, if Axl did play last night, you pathetic whiners would have still found something to bitch about." The differences are subtle, but if you look real hard, you may see them. The devil is in the details! ok
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »

I agree 100%

Like I posted before thak you beta

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »

i see it differently, people paid for their tickets
paid for their travel either by air/car/bus/train etc...
take a day or 2 off work specifically for this ONE show.
Build up all day waiting for the gig.
Queue up hours before the show to get a good spot in the arena.
And the band fails to take the stage because of some lame excuse?

Surely before the gig was arranged they were given site specific snags on procedures such as pyro use and alcohol.
I dont believe for one minute that the management couldnt have known about this days before the event, even the day before would be something!

The band could have still played a show without all the dressings.
and why not, wouldnt it be nice to see the band actually just play music?
Do you really need all the bangs and flashes to make a show?
Do you really need to drink at the show when u can drink before and after?

For way of information...I've been there, to some extent.

The band likely was NOT informed about the strict enforcement of certain policies (or new restrictions by the fire marshall)....probably because while they are part of every single venue contract they are usually not strictly enforced beyond what is needed to ensure the safety of the venue, the concert goers, and the band OR they are local ordinances that are rolled out by the local government only when they see fit.

I've worked in a venue and have heard the stories of venues that spring, by way of an agreeable fire marshall or building supervisor or whatever, all sorts of restrictions on a "dangerous" act (rock bands, especially)...and they absolutely get sprung the DAY of the show (that's the venues leverage in all this...the time deadline). I've heard the same stories about local governments engaging in similar tactics.  They're all perfectly legitamate, to a point, but they're the kinds of things nobody actually enforces because they know it will kill a show or drive a band out of town.  Usually, some sort of compromise is able to be worked out where everyone comes out relatively happy.  It looks like, this time, the venue bluffed, like some venues do, and GnR management called their bluff.  And rightly so, I think, given the ramifications of some of the restrictions being applied.  I'm assuming the late notice was because they were all working to come to a compromise until Mangement decided they'd had enough.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sugarcoat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »

I'm obviously disappointed the show was cancelled, but I don't hold a grudge against Axl.  The next opportunity I get I will do everything possible to go see them.  Unfortunately, a cancelled show is the last thing they need during a comeback tour.   The general public, not the diehard fans or people who check on updates daily, will blame Axl no matter what because of past.  The majority of the people I talked to had no idea what they were talking about.  I heard that Axl was a "spoiled rich kid" and that "barely anyone has been showing up for the tour."  The misconceptions are just laughable.  Sadly, he is going to need to win over a lot of these people and this, even if it wasn't his fault, is not going to help.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »

I agree with Phase1. ?You don't cancel a show a few hours right before. ?You can't tell me the bands people don't know the rules in advance of a show? That's such b.s.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2006, 03:25:26 PM »

I was just checking other bands forums im part of and i remembered the NIN also canceled their show in portland earlier this year, just a few hours prior to the begining of the show. Can it be a coincidence? Heres the message

tonight's nine inch nails performance at cumberland county civic center in portland_me is postponed due to illness. in the next few days, we will be announcing a rescheduled date during the upcoming summer tour. please hold onto all tickets as tickets from tonight's show will be honored at the rescheduled performance. we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2006, 03:26:33 PM »

well if people told me, that users on this forum can't read i wouldn't have believed them untill i got into this topic and read half the dumbass responses in it.

beta has explained everything and so many of you fuckers have just ignored it so you can bitch and whine some more.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2006, 03:26:56 PM »

Did anybody lose bets that they would play ALL the shows?

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »

Did anybody lose bets that they would play ALL the shows?

Now that's a bet you just don't make hihi

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »

I agree with Phase1. ?You don't cancel a show a few hours right before. ?You can't tell me the bands people don't know the rules in advance of a show? That's such b.s.

I don't understand why nobody reads the PR. It said that the crew was already there with other bands and there were no such restrictions. Also, usually technical check is done few hours before show... so... it is b.s. to say that you don't cancel a show few hours before.

Maybe they could cancel it a day before, while still in NJ so the fire brigade wouldn't have to get all upset...  Roll Eyes

but it is pointless to explain to ones that don't want to listen.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: