Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Stinson having fun this tour?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Stinson having fun this tour?  (Read 3172 times)
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 11, 2006, 02:03:18 PM »

Anybody who has been to the shows... Does Tommy look like he is enjoying it?

I worry about that boy sometimes.
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:05:32 PM »

YES! The first show I was at I was right in front of BBF so I couldnt really see Tommy, but I was in front of him in Estero and he was LOVING IT! He would mouth the words of the songs [especially the new ones] with me and then nod and smile and he kept interacting with Axl and was having a great time!
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

He seems to be! Axl gave him a little hug on the 11/8 show. I think it'd be cool if he got a solo spot--maybe sing a Replacements song, like Duff sang attitude back in the day.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:05:54 PM »

there was a thread on this very thing a while ago.. you should do a search for it.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 02:07:36 PM »

A replacement song with Tommy on vocals would be awesome. Much better than all those solos to be honnest.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:08:37 PM »

it seems like hes quiet because in 02 he was more active. But I have noticed quite a few times he singing along to the songs and enjoying himself. Im sure he wants the album out though...

Same goes for Axl. He spoke a lot more on the 02 tour. He hasnt said much at all in 06 at these shows...i iwsh he would talk more

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »

He seemed to be into it on Halloween.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »

I don't know about the other shows but Tommy was fucking enjoying himself at the WV show! The crowd was really into the band and you could really tell this was making the band happy and at one point tommy came up to the edge of the stage, I yelled his name and pointed at him and he smiled and pointed back!  Grin
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 02:13:15 PM »

A replacement song with Tommy on vocals would be awesome. Much better than all those solos to be honnest.

Except that this is GNR. If Axl let them do that, wouldn't it be just as fair to say they should be playing Psycadelic Furs stuff or Love Spit Love, or NIN, or Bumblefoot's solo stuff?

I love Tommy and I'm sure he's having a great time.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »

Except that this is GNR. If Axl let them do that, wouldn't it be just as fair to say they should be playing Psycadelic Furs stuff or Love Spit Love, or NIN, or Bumblefoot's solo stuff?

Agreed. He should do "Attitude" or "New Rose"- not GN'R songs either (technically)- but at least they appear on a GN'R album...

Some Replacement fans have been claiming that Tommy's miserable on this tour... BUT I suspect they just want him to get back together with Westerberg though.

Good to hear the fans that have seen Guns live saying that he seems into it and having a blast.ok

Tommy is an ESSENTIAL member as he lends the new line-up a great deal of credibility in many critics' eyes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:48:38 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 02:55:24 PM »

I agree...Tommy is an amazing musician, and he adds tremendous credibility to the current line-up, moreso than any of the others at this point.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:59:38 PM by bazgnr » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 02:56:28 PM »

Take a look at the photo's of Tommy on Richard and Robin's sites... doesn't look miserable to me. Grin
Unfortunately, only times I saw him were at Download and Wembley... he was pissed off at both. ?With good reason at Download, but at Wembley I don't know what was up. ?All I know is Axl told us to cheer the motherfucker up. rofl
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 03:31:21 PM »

Anybody who has been to the shows... Does Tommy look like he is enjoying it?

I worry about that boy sometimes.

The shows I was at, he seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 03:34:34 PM »

i don't think you have to "worry about the boy" ok
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 04:11:57 PM »

Agreed. He should do "Attitude" or "New Rose"- not GN'R songs either (technically)- but at least they appear on a GN'R album...

Some Replacement fans have been claiming that Tommy's miserable on this tour... BUT I suspect they just want him to get back together with Westerberg though.

Good to hear the fans that have seen Guns live saying that he seems into it and having a blast.ok

Tommy is an ESSENTIAL member as he lends the new line-up a great deal of credibility in many critics' eyes.

The General isnt all over the stage like Robin but he is having a good time. he came to my corner of the stage at the garden and he had his little smirk on, mouthing words and bobbing his head. and at the end of Paradise axl had his arm around him, and he looks like he really loves being on the stage with Axl. I also saw rich and tommy exchange HUGE smiles. And to mention other people that enjoy their band mates, rich and robin are like best friends. they have a great fuckin time to gether.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 04:41:41 PM »

Tommy seemed really into it in Worcester--had a smile on his face and was all over the stage and drenched in sweat

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »

Take a look at the photo's of Tommy on Richard and Robin's sites... doesn't look miserable to me. Grin
Unfortunately, only times I saw him were at Download and Wembley... he was pissed off at both. ?With good reason at Download, but at Wembley I don't know what was up. ?All I know is Axl told us to cheer the motherfucker up. rofl
He did seem to cheer up at Wembley though.  And yeah, at Download it was understandable that he was pissed off.
titchy
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 05:41:48 PM »

would love to hear toomy sing Beer for Breakfast

that would be cool
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »

he seems more in the background

In 02, he seemed to be the main guy aside from Axl - Finck seems to have assumed that mantle now

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 05:49:23 PM »

Man, I'm not going to a replacements show.  It's bad enough I have to sit through two or three cover songs already (Knockin on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die, Down on the Farm).  I want to hear Guns N' Roses songs.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: