Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Value of Live like a suicide LP and Apppetite LP?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Value of Live like a suicide LP and Apppetite LP?  (Read 6834 times)
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 09:29:43 AM »

Yeah I had always heard 10,000 copies were made too, so I was kinda surprised when he mentioned 25,000.  I will have to ask him when I next speak to him.

I didn't know there was a heap for sale in Asia?  Will have to have a look, but yeah I can't see why they would have a heap to sell.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 10:19:28 AM »

Thanks meanmachine for the info. beer I knew there were fakes of this album in existence. Like I have said several times, the numbers dont add up with how many copies would be in existence.

Bailey, your pinball analogy isn't a good one. Most GNR fans dont have multiple pinball machines in their house.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »

Go buy 3-5 copies of Metallica's "holy grail", then call me.

If you're talking about the original Garage days EP, there are several copies for sale on ebay right now, and they're not that expensive. And "No life til leather" is not comparable to LLAS. I believe it was their very first demo recording, and the number of copies is extremely limited.

If someone has access to Ebay Japan and can speak the language ascertain how many copies are for sale?

Ebay Japan doesn't exist. There is Yahoo Japan Auctions, though, and there isn't a single copy of LLAS on it right now.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »

Thanks for that info on Ebay Japan. I am sure people realise where I am coming from in being sceptical of so many copies of LLAS coming out of Asia for sale. (Ok, there are none right now on Ebay, but in the last weeks/months there have been several.)

Keep em under your wheels.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »

Pandora, I was wondering when you were gonna jump my ass in this thread. Tongue Kiss

I am not a hardcore Metallica collector, and havent immersed myself in their community, but I think the amount of copies for no life til leather is about the same as LLAS. I could be wrong though. Are you sure its the original Garage Days? They have re-released that several times. I'll try and dig up some info on this later this evening.

But we already have proof here besides my logical speculation that fakes are in existence. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to reach that conclusion. The only other explanation would be that 90% of fans are lying about owning it, and by some miracle from God whatever copies of LLAS that survived the 20 years keep staying in the revolving door of Ebay.

I'm not claiming every copy is a fake. Just a certain percentage. peace

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 12:09:46 PM »

Still paranoid about me, uh James?  hihi

I'm not a hardcore Metallica collector either, but I would venture to say more copies of Garage days were pressed than LLAS. Not 100% sure, though.
And No life til leather....well, it was a demo tape. Even though it was widely circulated in the underground scene at the time (which could mean anything), I can't picture a demo tape being pressed at 10.000 copies.....

williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 06:21:49 PM »

[Bailey, your pinball analogy isn't a good one. Most GNR fans dont have multiple pinball machines in their house.

For what it's worth I did happen to own 2 GNR pinball machines for a few months at one time.  I picked up a second one really cheap in better condition than my first, so I bought it then eventually sold my other one off.  Maybe some people do this with LLAS too??
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 08:06:36 PM »

Well, I used to collect Metallica and I can tell you that I have never seen a real/fake/copy of No Life Til Leather in any record store, record trade show, Goldmine magazine or ebay, hence DEFINITELY less than LLAS.  Many, many, many fakes/bootlegs out there.  As for Garage Days, first you have the term "garage days" which simply referred to a time in every band's history when they were first starting out playing/practicing in garages or similar locales.  Metallica released the Creeping Death sinigle with b-sides Am I Evil and Blitzkrieg.  These two b-sides are collectively referred to as Garage Days Revisited but were never released as such.  The thing that you see on ebay is Garage Days Re-revisited which was released officially in record stores across the country(and other countries)  on cd, cassette, and vinyl.  Though I am not sure exactly how many were made, the previous mentioned fact alone tells me that there were more of this than LLAS and I ASSURE YOU, more fakes as well (one of the reasons I no longer collect Metallica plus I was priced out of that market). 

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 07:05:24 AM »

Well, I used to collect Metallica and I can tell you that I have never seen a real/fake/copy of No Life Til Leather in any record store, record trade show, Goldmine magazine or ebay, hence DEFINITELY less than LLAS.

Interesting info, thanks. Any idea on how many copies were made at the time?

BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 02:14:06 PM »

Yeah I have my copy of LLAS and it's in decent condition but not what you would call mint. The corner of the sleeve is a little creased and it's rough around the edges but I expect it to look like that after being around 20 years. Th sealed ones definitley do raise a question though, whther they are fake or resealed. I've never seen a record that came out 20 years ago that still has plastic shrink wrap on it have its wrap in perfect condition. The shrink wrap will begin to sag or wrinkle and even rip.
Oh, and I have a copy of it on cassette as well.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 07:54:39 PM »

Well, I used to collect Metallica and I can tell you that I have never seen a real/fake/copy of No Life Til Leather in any record store, record trade show, Goldmine magazine or ebay, hence DEFINITELY less than LLAS.

I have tried to find out - searching the net in vain.  For the best sites for collecting Metallica look here: http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/MetallicaArchives/metallica.html
http://www.encycmet.com/

Hope this helps

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
gun
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 12:45:24 AM »

Garage Days revisited (not to be confused with re-revisited) has been sought after since the late 80's and is highly collectible ...as far as No Life Til Leather I have never seen anything but bootlegs, varying in their quality.?

LLAS was a 12" Maxi single and I too always thought there were only 10.000 in existence.? ?A real LLAS in mint condition usually brings around 350.00 U.S. dollars currently.? If you are ok with a used one the normal price is around 150.00 in USD.? If I remember correctly one of the things to look for in attempting to verify that a copy is legit or not is the number sequence on the "blank" part of the album at the end of the tracks.? I may be wrong on this (my copy has been misplaced during moving) but if there is interest by any of you I will try to track down that information when I have the time.? You will also find the fakes to have the album cover a little darker or lighter than that of the original.? Generally it tends to be darker.

I have been a collector for several years and I can tell you from experience to be VERY wary of Ebay.? For every legitimate "rare" purchase I have made, I have had an equal number of fakes ranging from very amateurish to quite elaborate.? I think this is what Jameslofton is referring too when he says LLAS is worthless.? The ones being sold on ebay mostly are.? Most of the ones you can readily find are worthless.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:55:47 AM by Sammi Curr » Logged
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 05:07:50 AM »

I have tried to find out - searching the net in vain.  For the best sites for collecting Metallica look here: http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/MetallicaArchives/metallica.html
http://www.encycmet.com/

Hope this helps

Thanks. So basically even the biggest collectors don't have it. That's impressive. There must be only a handful of those out there.....

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: