Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why all the dates so far are bs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why all the dates so far are bs  (Read 13444 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 03:17:17 PM »

Administrative / Administrative, Feedback & Help / Re: Question to moderators.? on: November 06, 2006, 04:27:55 PM?

As far as everyone knows, the record is coming out this year. If anything changes, people will be informed.

With regards to this site, Jarmo chooses to respect with wishes of Guns N' Roses. It is his choice, and it is the way he done things for the last ten years.

It's a shame that when one person chooses to do something good that others choose to criticise it.

There!

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »

The band will announce the release date, not me or HMV

The bands manager stated it being released on one of the Tuesdays before the end of the year. I'm assuming we should still trust his word.

We are now down to 4 Tuesdays left!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2006, 03:18:21 PM »

I just hope it's out by the next time they return to Detroit so I can see them play more new songs to support the album, sure I'd like to see Axl and Merck be able to release it in 2006, but if they don't, I won't be whining about it, I firmly believe it is coming and this time "soon" is the word. How soon, I wish i knew...... peace
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2006, 03:21:07 PM »

I expect to see my self whining, only if they rescheudle it, and dont let us know untill the last moment...
that would be highly unethical...
if they anounce it tomorrow, OK,
but if they anounce it on dec.19th I'd feel cheated...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2006, 03:45:46 PM »

The bands manager stated it being released on one of the Tuesdays before the end of the year.

No, he didn't...technically.

The quote from the MLB press release stated the following:

"As for Guns N' Roses forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album the only comment at this time is that there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year."

Nowhere in this quote does it say the album will be released. Sure, it implies a helluva lot, but the wording is quite deliberate (meaning they could bow out of '06 and not be bound to a press release quote). My guess is that there WAS a plan and the wheels WERE in motion (albeit they might not have had a concrete release date, but 2006 WAS the plan) but something got in the way and it's been pushed yet again. That would coincide with the stories we've been hearing about how the record company is holding it up and that the band is no longer the monkeywrench.

Whatever the case may be, I just hope that the album is released properly and according to a plan that all parties agree on. If not, we may just get a half assed release with little or no promotion and I would hate to see what appears to be a very promising album be overlooked by the masses simply because of a lousy (or nonexistant) release plan.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »

*points to sig*

thats where he said it!!

from the RS article

Fucked up and out of place
EFISH
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2006, 03:47:53 PM »

*points to sig*

thats where he said it!!
Exactally I was about to post that. I remember him saying "It will come on one of them."  yes
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2006, 03:49:24 PM »

*points to sig*

thats where he said it!!

from the RS article

I must have missed that one. When was it said?

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »

The bands manager stated it being released on one of the Tuesdays before the end of the year.

"As for Guns N' Roses forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album the only comment at this time is that there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year."

Nowhere in this quote does it say the album will be released. Sure, it implies a helluva lot, but the wording is quite deliberate (meaning they could bow out of '06 and not be bound to a press release quote). My guess is that there WAS a plan and the wheels WERE in motion (albeit they might not have had a concrete release date, but 2006 WAS the plan) but something got in the way and it's been pushed yet again. That would coincide with the stories we've been hearing about how the record company is holding it up and that the band is no longer the monkeywrench.

Whatever the case may be, I just hope that the album is released properly and according to a plan that all parties agree on. If not, we may just get a half assed release with little or no promotion and I would hate to see what appears to be a very promising album be overlooked by the masses simply because of a lousy (or nonexistant) release plan.

Merck stated in the RS article that it would be out this year on one of Tuesdays remaining. He either holds true to his word or loses all credibility of being someone trustworthy to GnR' fans.
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2006, 03:57:24 PM »

LOL...sorry 'bout that. I DID miss that article. Hmmm...I wonder why  Tongue

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2006, 04:01:58 PM »

Merck stated in the RS article that it would be out this year on one of Tuesdays remaining. He either holds true to his word or loses all credibility of being someone trustworthy to GnR' fans.

Well, you never know the whole story man, there could be other factors that delayed the release..... i'm not saying their is for sure, i'm just saying there could be... I hope it comes out by 07 and everyone is happy. peace
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »

Well, you never know the whole story man, there could be other factors that delayed the release..... i'm not saying their is for sure, i'm just saying there could be... I hope it comes out by 07 and everyone is happy. peace

they probably forgot how an album gets released...
after all it's been 10 years since theyve done it last time... Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2006, 04:08:38 PM »

I agree with what you say except for the fact that we are the minority. ?By that I mean us here on the GnR message boards. ?So the only people that he'd lose any credibility with is us here on HTGTH and so forth. ?And yes he did make the statement in RS, but I can't even think of a handful of people around here who read RS. ?I didn't realize how uninformed most GnR fans were until I talked to a bunch of people at one of the shows. ?Shocked
EFISH
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:41 PM »

^Yeah, I know. Some thought they were gonna be seeing Slash.  nervous

rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »

I remain optimistic.

But I know as much about the release date as HMV....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2006, 04:16:51 PM »

I remain optimistic.

/jarmo

thank you for your response jarmo
anythinggoes
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »

Look the album will come when its ready and not before all these bullshit rumours really start to grind after a while, one day we will see the album i mean fuck weve waited long enough a few more days isnt going to hurt, all the signs are pointing in the right direction to say we will get it be happy with that for now
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »

i would love to see it out this year but if it gets pushed back 3 more months am i gonna bitch? no

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2006, 04:29:45 PM »

I agree with what you say except for the fact that we are the minority. ?By that I mean us here on the GnR message boards. ?So the only people that he'd lose any credibility with is us here on HTGTH and so forth. ?And yes he did make the statement in RS, but I can't even think of a handful of people around here who read RS. ?I didn't realize how uninformed most GnR fans were until I talked to a bunch of people at one of the shows. ?Shocked

It appears like management tried to cover up the article primarily for the statement about the remaining Tuesdays. Nevertheless, I read it and I hope that I can trust Merck's statement about CD being released this year. I can tell you one thing, if it doesn't get released this year and no statement of explanation is made, then we will been treated like a minority and not like loyal GnR' fans.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 04:36:36 PM by TrixAreForKids » Logged
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2006, 04:36:48 PM »

I remain optimistic.

/jarmo

which is more than anyone here! 
I'm enjoying the mystery -- call me a masochist.  But I would rather have the album come out at the right time and be a success, rather than just shoehorning into a bad date at the end of this year -- that makes no sense to me, after a 10+ year wait.  Better to do it right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: