Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why all the dates so far are bs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why all the dates so far are bs  (Read 13463 times)
EFISH
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 02:51:37 PM »

He's pretty damn close to management, because he "knows" about the store gonna be put on the site, and says it as fast, sets up presales, etc....

I'm sure if he wasnt told something, he wouldnt have said "GNR management will announce the release date." as speculation because he knows that everyone for the most part, takes what he says as fact. And he didnt say "I think" he said it as fact.  ok
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 02:53:44 PM »

By the way, everything indicated by Jarmo, and if we believe he is in the know to varying degrees, Mysteron doesn't have the answers. Also, clearly in Jarmo's last post in this thread he talks of management protecting the release date from the public. Merck himself has refused to pony-up a date and has been playing guessing games with Rolling Stone. Get with the program people, sit back and enjoy the ride... it may be a short one.

Quote: "I don't know why some of you think the band would hide the release date by telling HMV and not telling the fans about it."

That eludes to the fact that the date is being hidden, right? ...and that telling HMV would not be a very smart way to keep it hidden, am I right?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:56:32 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Edward Rose
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »

If Axl wants it to be as much of a surprise as possible, no one except Axl, Merck and maybe Beta will know. Mysteron doesn't need more than a day or two notice before it hits stores.

In my oppinion, this is why I still think there's a chance it will pop up on a split sheet or something, before we get the official word. As someone else said, Rolling Stone and no one else told us about the new tour dates.

But even the split sheet thing will go un-noticed here because no one knows how to call and ask the store managers the right questions. And worse, when the split sheet thing came up, people brought up the old internet hmv date even though the split sheets have nothing to do with that. Kind'a funny really, to sit back and watch the confusion.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »

The band will announce the release date, not me or HMV
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 03:01:35 PM »

Quote: "I don't know why some of you think the band would hide the release date by telling HMV and not telling the fans about it."

That eludes to the fact that the date is being hidden, right? ...and that telling HMV would not be a very smart way to keep it hidden, am I right?

No it doesn't.

All I'm saying is that I think people doing detective work looking for the release date are only causing other fans to get excited about false release dates.

Just like you're reading too much into what I said and meant.

Why would the band tell HMV the album will be in their stores on a certain date, but not tell anybody else? It makes no sense!

The answer is, the band hasn't said anything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »

By the way, everything indicated by Jarmo, and if we believe he is in the know to varying degrees, Mysteron doesn't have the answers. Also, clearly in Jarmo's last post in this thread he talks of management protecting the release date from the public. Merck himself has refused to pony-up a date and has been playing guessing games with Rolling Stone. Get with the program people, sit back and enjoy the ride... it may be a short one.

You're kind of taking what Jarmo said in the wrong way.  He never said they were hiding the release date.  They probabably don't even have a release date set yet because if they did then we would probably know about it.  It's not going to be some big surprise release like some people STILL THINK.  When the album is going to be released, we will know about it ahead of time like we do with any other album.  Be realistic and stop thinking the album is  coming out of nowhere because that will NEVER happen.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 03:03:58 PM »

Are you guys still optimistic about a 2006 release ?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 03:04:36 PM »

true, thats a possibility, but then again were not gonna believe HMV anyway, so it could come out on that day..

stores HAVE to know abit ahead of time..fact is though, they could just not put it in the system until a couple days before..
Edward Rose
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »

I agree. But I still think that if someone tries hard enough, they might be able to "find out" the release date from hmv or another major retailer before it is officially announced. That's different than hmv "announcing it."
EFISH
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »

Damn, you are fast. I say the word "Mysteron" and you just pop right in.  hihi

Thanks again for the confirmation man. Really great to have someone like you in the community, makes up for all the rumor-obsessed people, if that makes any sense.  hihi
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »

No it doesn't.

All I'm saying is that I think people doing detective work looking for the release date are only causing other fans to get excited about false release dates.

Why would the band tell HMV the album will be in their stores on a certain date, but not tell anybody else? It makes no sense!

/jarmo

I converted your post to ASCII. ?Added up all the values and then factored it down to a 6 digit number.

I got ?121,906.

Are you trying to confirm Dec 19th?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 03:06:06 PM »

Is Jarmo or Mysteron still optimistic about a 2006 release or do either of you think it's out of the realm of possibility now?
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 03:07:01 PM »

Is Jarmo or Mysteron still optimistic about a 2006 release or do either of you think it's out of the realm of possibility now?

That's the million dollar qeustion !
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

No it doesn't.

/jarmo

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I genuinely misunderstood.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 03:07:30 PM »

yes, I just want to know what Jarmo and Mysteron think of a 2006 release, if they are still positive that it will be this year..
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 03:09:41 PM »

yes, I just want to know what Jarmo and Mysteron think of a 2006 release, if they are still positive that it will be this year..

They won't answer that. At least Jarmo won't. (waits anxiously, refresh, refresh) nervous

Edward Rose
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 03:09:51 PM »

You're missing the point. They don't know any more or less that would make their oppinion more worthy than others.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »

You're missing the point. They don't know any more or less that would make their oppinion more worthy than others.

well it would still be nice to know their opinion, I'm not asking about a fact or inside info.
EFISH
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:12 PM »

Quote from: Jarmo Interview with Talking Metal
I think it's going to be out this year. That's what I've been told atleast, and you've been told. I think this is the year.

Something like that. ^ That should answer your question.  ok
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »

I still believe that it will be out by the end of the year.
it would be really unethical for the band not to let us know about the change in the scheudle...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: