Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why all the dates so far are bs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why all the dates so far are bs  (Read 13473 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: November 11, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »

So far many people have gotten info by their local stores, shops, etc,etc.
and many of them are saying its nov.28th, but I doubt those dates came directly from the band/management, but might be an educated guess by the
store managers.
if the date they are putting out is actually based on some official information, or a source from the band, dont you think that
kerrang, rolling stone and other respectable music news sources would have known about it.
those magazines are probably as informed as the best of the record stores, and they'd probably be the first one to know.
so assuming the 21st date (by  RS) is complete bullshit, since it's only 10 days away, we still have a high ranking music magazine/source to confirm
any of the dates (28th, 5th,....).

and just another variable to the equasion...
it would be wise to expect that the music magazines for december will have some sort of adds,comertials,articles concearning the album.
after all, music magazines are a part of usual album promotions.
RS, kerrang,... usually come out in 1st week of the month.
either they are going to have a sneak peak at the album, or are going to have a full review of the album, depending if the album is releasead, before or after the
magazines are on the market.

I dont think there's anything to worry about. I'm 99% convinced that the album will be out in the next 50 days.

@mods, I hope this stays a separate thread

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:06:35 PM »

viewed 270 times, 0 replies.
this must be a record thread...
I guess you all must agree with me ok

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:17:03 PM »

viewed 270 times, 0 replies.
this must be a record thread...
I guess you all must agree with me ok

I can't speak for the others.  But as far as I go.  I just don't know what to say anymore.  Is it coming out or will we find ourselves disappointed on Dec 31st because CD will not have been released.  Will the magazines know before us?  Will there be ads in mags?  Nobody knows.  I am even wondering if Axl knows himself.  I guess time will tell. 
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 03:27:33 PM »

The dates are all bs because they aren't true.

EVERYTHING since knowledge of this album's existance has been rumor on release date.

Despite what some say, I want to see one solid piece of evidence Axl said the album would be out in 2002, 'cause I never saw it or read it.

All we've ever heard officially from Axl is '2006'. And he's the one that decides.

Let it play itself out for now...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 04:39:43 PM »

The dates are all bs because they aren't true.

EVERYTHING since knowledge of this album's existance has been rumor on release date.

Despite what some say, I want to see one solid piece of evidence Axl said the album would be out in 2002, 'cause I never saw it or read it.

All we've ever heard officially from Axl is '2006'. And he's the one that decides.

Let it play itself out for now...

at least one of them was true.
the bullshit starters have covered every possible date in nov.11-dec.31st period.

BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 11:41:55 PM »

there's also almost nothing to discuss about this anymore.  The best we can say is "oh man 28th, that sorta makes sense... but where the single?"

we'll know when axl says something, until then keep your thirst for it going and it'll be even better.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 12:02:49 AM »

So far many people have gotten info by their local stores, shops, etc,etc.
and many of them are saying its nov.28th, but I doubt those dates came directly from the band/management, but might be an educated guess by the
store managers.
if the date they are putting out is actually based on some official information, or a source from the band, dont you think that
kerrang, rolling stone and other respectable music news sources would have known about it.
those magazines are probably as informed as the best of the record stores, and they'd probably be the first one to know.
so assuming the 21st date (by? RS) is complete bullshit, since it's only 10 days away, we still have a high ranking music magazine/source to confirm
any of the dates (28th, 5th,....).

and just another variable to the equasion...
it would be wise to expect that the music magazines for december will have some sort of adds,comertials,articles concearning the album.
after all, music magazines are a part of usual album promotions.
RS, kerrang,... usually come out in 1st week of the month.
either they are going to have a sneak peak at the album, or are going to have a full review of the album, depending if the album is releasead, before or after the
magazines are on the market.

I dont think there's anything to worry about. I'm 99% convinced that the album will be out in the next 50 days.

@mods, I hope this stays a separate thread

You're forgetting that the media, and especially The Associated Press, do not want to release any positive information about Guns N Roses.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 12:40:21 AM »

im drunk and your bs

Axl is God.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:42:06 AM »

there's also almost nothing to discuss about this anymore.? The best we can say is "oh man 28th, that sorta makes sense... but where the single?"

we'll know when axl says something, until then keep your thirst for it going and it'll be even better.

Yeah exactly.. nothing to discuss.

gnrevolution.com
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 12:57:57 AM »

You're forgetting that the media, and especially The Associated Press, do not want to release any positive information about Guns N Roses.

You're a real rocket scientist, especailly considring most of the reviews have beeen pretty good.

CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:26:46 PM »

Mike,

Ya missed some not so subtle sarcasm.  Please see the thread on the cancelled show in ME.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:30:59 PM »

New Thread - same crap

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »

It's all rumors and speculation.

If the band and/or management had set a date for November, I think they would've told us.

I mean, we didn't hear about the tour dates by reading about them in Rolling Stone.

I also don't think we'll get to know the release date because somebody sees the album listed on HMV's list.

I don't know why some of you think the band would hide the release date by telling HMV and not telling the fans about it.  Huh

So the reason why all the dates so far are bullshit, they didn't come from the band.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:35:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 02:36:48 PM »

right on jarmo

but then again, guys, don't get all mad if CD aint out in 2006. i'm sure they're doing the best they can.
but if they feel more secure releasing in 07, then so be it.

and we will know before anybody do not worry about that.

EFISH
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »

Exactally Jarmo.

Like Mysteron said, we will hear the release date from management, so I mean who cares what some girl working minimum wage at a record store paying her way through college says is in the company computer?  hihi

When it is set, management will be the first to tell us. All the "rumors" should be completely ignored.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »

If the band and/or management had set a date for November, I think they would've told us.

I mean, we didn't hear about the tour dates by reading about them in Rolling Stone.

I also don't think we'll get to know the release date because somebody sees the album listed on HMV's list.

I don't know why some of you think the band would hide the release date by telling HMV and not telling the fans about it.? Huh

So the reason why all the dates so far are bullshit, they didn't come from the band.

/jarmo

And since management said it's coming out in 2006, it's coming out in 2006.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
EFISH
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »

I don't know why some of you think the band would hide the release date by telling HMV and not telling the fans about it.  Huh

/jarmo

And since management said it's coming out in 2006, it's coming out in 2006.

And one might think "Well, it has been 2 months or so since the last time they said "2006 is the word." BUT...

I beleive that if it was pushed back to 2007 they would have already told us, because they know that if it rolls into 2007 without any mention, then the media is going to eat it up as "Axl fails to bring Democracy yet again." and itll look horrible. I bet theyve got something up there sleeve, any day now we should get the press release.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »

We may not get a press release, hasn't it become clear to anyone but me that we may never be warned about the release at this point?

Hopefully it just happens and everyone here is happy for a week or two.

EFISH
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 02:48:31 PM »

It's not going to just be a "surprise release". Mysteron has already confirmed that.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 02:49:22 PM »

It's not going to just be a "surprise release". Mysteron has already confirmed that.

Ever think Mysteron may not know, he has admitted he doesn't. He's not management.

...and I beg to differ, if it comes out this year it will be a surprise to many.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: