Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 10, 2006. [Madison Square Garden] DISCUSSION
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 10, 2006. [Madison Square Garden] DISCUSSION  (Read 16653 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2006, 02:30:52 AM »

Just got back.

REst assured...Axl was simply amazing, the band was slammin. my only complaint would be with frank's timing during the outro to nightrain and the outro to paradise city. but an awesome show!!

robin went into the crowd for the outro of nightrain....he looked f-cked up! lol he played well tonight!!!!

Axl didnt say too much, they played used to love her, Better sounded awesome, CD sounded great, the Blues sounded great...Jungle was intense....no rocketqueen....Patience rocked!!

the crowd was ELECTRIC. i got there about 10:30, they started at about 11:11. crpwd was pumped, chanting for GNR during the intermission between PR and GNR. NYC loves Axl Rose. I saw Beta to the side of the stage. Baz was his crazy self...to quote Axl "Never a dull moment" with regards to Baz.

im not sure ANYTHING can compare to 2002 in MSG, but this show was amazing. the crowd was SOO loud, singing along to every song...well almost every song. lively, exciting crowd!!!

What was the kid iduring the bach set thrown out for?

peace

I think he flipped him though I couldn't tell from my vantage point. Jesus right on the opening number Bach gets security and boom the guys go after the dude.

!st song? Thats fucked. Unless this kid was papping baz' mum then he should not have been booted straight up

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2006, 02:34:30 AM »

What a way to start the night..first song on an opening band and boom..tossed out...ejected.

There were a few people trying to get into GA but security took em out. big time..

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2006, 02:50:51 AM »

Just got back. The show was fucking awesome. Axl's voice was on target all night. The band sounded really good alot of energy and Ron fucking solo was fucking great. FUCK man ron is an animal. Robing crowd surfin at the end of nightrain was priceless. My buddys friend caught the whistle that axl threw during paradise city. what a great fucking crowd. they rocked all night. i saw beta and it looked like her daughter rockin hard on the side of stage during irs, jumping up and down having a great time. This show might become my favorite 2006 show. i loved the hammerstein but this was great. i was soaking wet with swet right after brownstone. all i can say i wow, and thank you to the band for making this a really special night.? ?beer
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2006, 02:55:27 AM »

With the greatest band in the world playing in the greatest arena in the world how can you lose?   beer
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2006, 02:58:32 AM »

This is the part where I start getting jealous...  Angry  Tongue

Glad you guys had such a great time  beer
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2006, 03:00:29 AM »

With the greatest band in the world playing in the greatest arena in the world how can you lose?? ?beer

I dont think its possible man. Thats a winning combination

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2006, 03:15:57 AM »

its good to know the people who were actually there got a great show.   

didn't expect any less.  Grin
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2006, 03:24:19 AM »

Show rocked, but expect an angry but loving rant tomorrow if I have the chance. B***h  and speculate about this post all you want.
chrisdq
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2006, 03:48:35 AM »

Just got back.

REst assured...Axl was simply amazing, the band was slammin. my only complaint would be with frank's timing during the outro to nightrain and the outro to paradise city. but an awesome show!!

robin went into the crowd for the outro of nightrain....he looked f-cked up! lol he played well tonight!!!!

Axl didnt say too much, they played used to love her, Better sounded awesome, CD sounded great, the Blues sounded great...Jungle was intense....no rocketqueen....Patience rocked!!

the crowd was ELECTRIC. i got there about 10:30, they started at about 11:11. crpwd was pumped, chanting for GNR during the intermission between PR and GNR. NYC loves Axl Rose. I saw Beta to the side of the stage. Baz was his crazy self...to quote Axl "Never a dull moment" with regards to Baz.

im not sure ANYTHING can compare to 2002 in MSG, but this show was amazing. the crowd was SOO loud, singing along to every song...well almost every song. lively, exciting crowd!!!

What was the kid iduring the bach set thrown out for?

peace

I think he flipped him though I couldn't tell from my vantage point. Jesus right on the opening number Bach gets security and boom the guys go after the dude.

Yea the kid that got thrown out was with me...he was fuckin wasted but he was just holding the middle finger up.

I saw baz start lookin at him and pointed him out to the gaurds and baz more or less said, you want some come and get it.  my friend just stood there all wasted still with the middle finger up lol'

He actually got back into MSG cause he went and bought a new shirt and hat and told the head of security he had to call his mom and didnt have service, so they let him back in suprisingly.  but nonetheless, it was funny and we had a good time after!   GNR fucking rocks!
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2006, 03:56:29 AM »

the show was average.  exactly what i expected... no complaints...

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »

The crowd was very well behaved.

Unlike Hammer.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 05:37:37 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2006, 10:43:27 AM »

the show was average.? exactly what i expected... no complaints...

EXACTLY! I went last night, and while I thought it was a great show, It was very average. Here's a quick review:

BACH: One word...Awful. He sucked hard, and you almost felt bad, because he mentioned how happy he was to finally be playing MSG. But his new music sucks, and he kept on yelling to someone off stage about the sound. Regardless of what people who had GA tickets say, no one was into him. If those people could turn around they'd see people in their seats bored. People cheered for Youth Gone Wild and some Skid Row classics but that was it.

PAPA ROACH: By the end of Papa Roach's set, I think they made a lot of new fans. They were excellent and really got the crowd pumped. Shaddix can sing his ass off and he just has great energy. It was a great idea to have them on the tour, one of the better and successful opening bands I've seen. Really got the job done.

GUNS: I guess the surprise of the night was how tight the band sounded and the fact that there were ZERO sound problems. Otherwise, typical set, no down on the farm, or perfect crime like some thought there would be. I think a few people walked away dissapointed just because we were all waiting to here something special for MSG and it didn't come. But the band was terrific, like I said, really tight, and wowed the crowd. Sold Out? Not at all, there were lots of empty seats up in the 300 and 400 sections. But GNR owned every person who was there

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2006, 11:38:54 AM »

the show was average.  exactly what i expected... no complaints...
Regardless of what people who had GA tickets say, no one was into him

I wasn't there obviously but if people in the pit were into him wouldn't that mean that someone was into him? Maybe not the whole place but maybe at least the people down front?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2006, 11:52:52 AM »

the only empty seats i saw were the closed sections behind the stage. It looked liked the uppers were filled pretty tight.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2006, 11:55:16 AM »

The GNR average = awe-some.  Grin

thanks for the reviews!

the band was terrific, like I said, really tight, and wowed the crowd.
And the crowd was great and even the sound staff there(of the venue?) did a good job?
then the show must have been amazing .

TheDave0206
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2006, 12:02:32 PM »

dude, there the only open seats in the entire place were behind the stage and some in the back 300, 400 sections after 1230-- i guess people left, but when GNR hit the stage, that place was packed--

Fun how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2006, 01:49:36 PM »

what was the setlist i cant find the update thread
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »

what was the setlist i cant find the update thread
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Live And Let Die
5. Robin Finck Solo
6. Sweet Child O' Mine
7. Knockin' On Heavens Door
8. You Could Be Mine
9. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
10. The Blues
11. Better
12. Richard/Robin Solo [Beautiful]
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. November Rain
15. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]
16. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]
17. Used To Love Her
18. IRS
19. Patience
20. Nightrain
----ENCORE----
21. Chinese Democracy
22. Paradise City

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

the show was average.? exactly what i expected... no complaints...

EXACTLY! I went last night, and while I thought it was a great show, It was very average. Here's a quick review:

BACH: One word...Awful. He sucked hard, and you almost felt bad, because he mentioned how happy he was to finally be playing MSG. But his new music sucks, and he kept on yelling to someone off stage about the sound. Regardless of what people who had GA tickets say, no one was into him. If those people could turn around they'd see people in their seats bored. People cheered for Youth Gone Wild and some Skid Row classics but that was it.

PAPA ROACH: By the end of Papa Roach's set, I think they made a lot of new fans. They were excellent and really got the crowd pumped. Shaddix can sing his ass off and he just has great energy. It was a great idea to have them on the tour, one of the better and successful opening bands I've seen. Really got the job done.

GUNS: I guess the surprise of the night was how tight the band sounded and the fact that there were ZERO sound problems. Otherwise, typical set, no down on the farm, or perfect crime like some thought there would be. I think a few people walked away dissapointed just because we were all waiting to here something special for MSG and it didn't come. But the band was terrific, like I said, really tight, and wowed the crowd. Sold Out? Not at all, there were lots of empty seats up in the 300 and 400 sections. But GNR owned every person who was there

Bach was awesome even though his sound was off. And I was surprised more people were not into him on the floor. The people in the seats were. AT worcester Bach got more cheers than papa roach did. Bach even alluded to that last nite when he said for the last song at least be as loud as the last crowd the other night. I cant belive you thought he sucked. HIs voice was great. I cant belive you think that the papa roach singer sang better than Bach. Papa roach sucks. 

As for the show not being sold out. The show was sold out. There were very few empty seats and those were sold, they were either from people who didnt make the show or scaplers they couldnt sell the tix.  For the seats that were avaible 99% of them were fllled.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »

it was great meeting asn seeing all the people at the pre-party, ii am very gladi went to the show early was able tyo get right up front and center...got to meet bumblefoot sometime around when bach was playing...had a great time, too many bruises tho igot my friends seats in sec 89 and went and visited them a few times, then went back to ga, very cool beinga ble to go basically anywhere in the bldg...my freinds are just casual fans and had a great time...absoltely loved the performance and the way the band and axl sounded...btw i believe at least 1 maybe ppl were taping the show right next to my friends and apparently is gonna share...jazjme was right there maybe he knows something about this peace
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: