Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 10, 2006. [Madison Square Garden] DISCUSSION
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 10, 2006. [Madison Square Garden] DISCUSSION  (Read 16647 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2006, 11:27:29 PM »

are the updates slow coming in tonight?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2006, 11:50:30 PM »

This show, is the most important show for the new GNR to date, IMHO.  This will set the stage for the upcoming year--with the AP story being carried by virtually every news service on the planet, they are in the news.  A follow up to that news blip, with reviews of "GNR rocks NYC!" will really be a huge boost to the band and their confidence!  It is going to be tough to top the 2002 MSG and Hammerstein shows, but I have a feeling this band seems to rise to the challenge and loves the spotlight.  Huge show, and although I hate to say it, in some ways it's a make or break situation.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 11:51:57 PM »

heard robin solo... ? ? jeezus kryst ?crying ?so beautiful ?Cheesy

thanks dave!

love Robin ? drool

was anyone able to figure out anything at all from the baz clip... i swear that i heard "FUCK FUCKIN FUCKER FUCKETY FUCK FUCK FUCK..!" ?hihi
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2006, 11:54:33 PM »

I bet axl and the boys are really bringing it tonight. any audios>?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2006, 12:01:49 AM »

I bet axl and the boys are really bringing it tonight. any audios>?

not yet... but:
my friend at the show says 'Axl sounds fuckin unbelieveable'.

he spelled unbelievable wrong, though.

Shocked
lol!
i'd prob sprain a finger texting "unbelievable"!

This is great to hear  ok
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »

how is thw show been any cock ups??

like sound??

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2006, 01:20:55 AM »

Has there been any rants tonight?

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »

So glad i didn't go.... meaning I already went and tickets are very expensive, probably due to their 'overtime' coverages.

Tickets were 57 dollars in 02 and they are now 90, that's a crazy jump man
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 01:32:57 AM by jimb0 » Logged
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2006, 01:29:43 AM »

So glad i didn't go

It is possible you might of had fun and enjoyed yourself even if they didn't play anything new, but I'm sure you had more fun sitting at home on the internet bitching about the setlist anyway.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2006, 01:30:45 AM »

holtzman,

I just meant I saw them in Jersey and would have been kicking myself if they played something crazy.  I'm not bitching technically.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2006, 01:35:09 AM »

A lot of anticipation for tonight.  I REALLY do hope something big goes down.  NOT a new song, we have enough of those already.  How about an ANNOUCEMENT?!  It's as good as any...bring it on...!

I can picture Axl coming out after the the last song and say :Thanks for coming out. By the way, the album drops on 'a' tuesday. GOOD NIGHT!"

If you think the album release date will be divulged as stage banter, not only are you going to be disappointed, but you just aren't very smart.

Maybe next time I'll write out "This Is A Joke" so you can understand it a little better, smart guy.

Yeah, that "joke" was hilarious douchebag, you should be proud of your wit.

It wasn't meant to be hilarious, sweet heart. And why don't you try reading next time before you act like a tool.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2006, 01:36:23 AM »

Well I can't wait to hear a bootleg, dispite nothing new being played im sure the band was sounding great and im sure someone bootlegged the show.  beer BTW How many people does MSG hold?

EDIT: Right when I posted this Welcome to mcdougles came on vh1 illustrated on MTV 2  hihi hihi
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 01:39:35 AM by Dirty Little Thing » Logged
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2006, 01:36:47 AM »

Sounds like this would have been a killer show. Wish I could have been there. I will see them in Cleveland soon enuff.

Sincerely,

Duff II.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2006, 01:43:54 AM »

I just hope they rocked MSG like they did in '02... except even harder... and as far as the set list goes... we all would have cut our left arms off in '02 to hear Better or IRS or Used to Love Her or My Michelle (with Baz) or Bumblefoot's Don't Cry solo, etc... drool This is NOT the same setlist as '02. rant

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 01:50:13 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:33 AM »

it was a killer show...Jungle opened and in the middle of the song a girl hands Axl something..I think a Brazilian flag off on the left end of the stage..Not sure if it was a Brazilian flag but the colors were similar.

A few people from I gather the seats section tried to hop over the barricades between the GA section and seated floor section.

Who'd win 1991 Axl vs 2006 Axl ??
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2006, 02:20:04 AM »

Just got back.

REst assured...Axl was simply amazing, the band was slammin. my only complaint would be with frank's timing during the outro to nightrain and the outro to paradise city. but an awesome show!!

robin went into the crowd for the outro of nightrain....he looked f-cked up! lol he played well tonight!!!!

Axl didnt say too much, they played used to love her, Better sounded awesome, CD sounded great, the Blues sounded great...Jungle was intense....no rocketqueen....Patience rocked!!

the crowd was ELECTRIC. i got there about 10:30, they started at about 11:11. crpwd was pumped, chanting for GNR during the intermission between PR and GNR. NYC loves Axl Rose. I saw Beta to the side of the stage. Baz was his crazy self...to quote Axl "Never a dull moment" with regards to Baz.

im not sure ANYTHING can compare to 2002 in MSG, but this show was amazing. the crowd was SOO loud, singing along to every song...well almost every song. lively, exciting crowd!!!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2006, 02:23:50 AM »

Just got back.

REst assured...Axl was simply amazing, the band was slammin. my only complaint would be with frank's timing during the outro to nightrain and the outro to paradise city. but an awesome show!!

robin went into the crowd for the outro of nightrain....he looked f-cked up! lol he played well tonight!!!!

Axl didnt say too much, they played used to love her, Better sounded awesome, CD sounded great, the Blues sounded great...Jungle was intense....no rocketqueen....Patience rocked!!

the crowd was ELECTRIC. i got there about 10:30, they started at about 11:11. crpwd was pumped, chanting for GNR during the intermission between PR and GNR. NYC loves Axl Rose. I saw Beta to the side of the stage. Baz was his crazy self...to quote Axl "Never a dull moment" with regards to Baz.

im not sure ANYTHING can compare to 2002 in MSG, but this show was amazing. the crowd was SOO loud, singing along to every song...well almost every song. lively, exciting crowd!!!

What was the kid iduring the bach set thrown out for?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2006, 02:26:49 AM »

I'd like to add.

Bach...8;01pm..finished at 9pm..
P roach started 9:32 and ended a bit after 10:16pm
Guns up at 11:10pm and finished at 1:24am with the entire band taking their bows and house lights up at 1:28am.

While I cant say this was better or equal to 2002, it comes close to it without question. ?Axl's voice was energetic.

I did wish they played Madagascar and Rocket Queen but you can get so much in such a period of time.

Spedgear
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2006, 02:28:26 AM »

Just got back.

What was the kid iduring the bach set thrown out for?

peace

I think he flipped him though I couldn't tell from my vantage point. Jesus right on the opening number Bach gets security and boom the guys go after the dude.

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2006, 02:29:14 AM »

i dont know...i was DJing tonight, i didnt get there until about 10:30 or so....the place was pretty full, people knew Axl might start early in NYC....thats why i was so worried about getting there late.....but when we walked in, PR was long gone....so it worked out perfect actually.

Axl seemed in a good mood again tonight. i gotta say again though...tons of love from the crowd!!! NJ was a blah show....sunday night, lots of tired people, lots of people mad about work on Monday....Tonight....this crowd was PUMPED. VERY LOUD singing, u couldnt hear Axl on songs like SCOM, Patience, November Rain b/c the crowd was so loud.

robin had a cool solo....Fortus was better sunday night for his solo, but his was great tonight nonetheless. if i walked away with anything...it was the crowd being so loud, and soooo pumped to see their man!

after the show, the streets of nyc were filled with Axl and GNR talk.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: