Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:49:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  New Spider-Man 3 trailer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Spider-Man 3 trailer.  (Read 10167 times)
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »

What really surprises me about all three Spiderman films is the obsession of (Universal?) in making them - they seem prepared to pay anything for another installment...

$139 million - Spiderman
$200 million - Spiderman 2
$300 million - Spiderman 3

$400 million - Spiderman 4?

Nice to see them backing a worthwhile series, but the funding saga seems more cartoonish than the spiderman back story - and that was a cartoon!

Yeah this budget is mindblowing. Hopefully bigger budget=better movie. It has been like this in Spidey franchise so far. But then again Superman Returns had a huge budget too, but after seeing the movie I thought where the hell did all that money go to? I thought that CGI was getting cheaper...

This   is   Democracy!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »

Yeah this budget is mindblowing. Hopefully bigger budget=better movie. It has been like this in Spidey franchise so far. But then again Superman Returns had a huge budget too, but after seeing the movie I thought where the hell did all that money go to? I thought that CGI was getting cheaper...

I thought the same thing on seeing Superman Returns.  They must have been paying Singer and the cast a good chunk of that budget because, from my standpoint, it sure wasn't used on the movie itself. Or, if it was, it's use wasn't apparent. 

There was FAR too little action in SR, for my tastes. Certainly less than there was in any of the Spidey OR X-men movies.  And that's usually where the big money goes (FX, CGI, and the post production on them).....into the action sequences.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 04:12:11 PM »

I thought Superman returns was actually two films bolted together

For an hour or so it was a superb adventure, with a genuine 'hero' amazing cgi and a real 'freshness' to what had been a tired and frankly absurd series

....then it descended into farce - killing people to make room for people? Moving kyrptonite islands? Who would live on that jagged rock anyway - and why would they need to with so many dead?

Bryan Singer is a hack in the proudest tradition of hacks - when you think what X men 1 and 2 could have been, oh the wasted potential - why, why why?!?!?

On topic,

watched the first Spiderman film today

Excellent, just excellent - been years since i've seen it, and i was far more impressed on this repeat viewing than i had intially been with it. Great acting, good script etc - great enetertainment

...thought the cgi is awful

I'm convinced $300 million is less an extravagence than a bare minimum - Spiderman's cgi was computer game quality throughout and its just 4 years old!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »

Bryan Singer is a hack in the proudest tradition of hacks - when you think what X men 1 and 2 could have been, oh the wasted potential - why, why why?!?!?
Hmm I really liked X-Men 1 and especially 2! The third one was the weakest. I think that Singer should have properly finished off the X-Men trilogy rather than make an half arsed Superman movie.

This   is   Democracy!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »

Hmm I really liked X-Men 1 and especially 2! The third one was the weakest. I think that Singer should have properly finished off the X-Men trilogy rather than make an half arsed Superman movie.

C'mon - u know full well that if and your mates got together they would have done a better job!

X men is about their powers and how they use and abuse them - Singer changed them, removed them or flat out ignored them - and without them, what the hell is the point? People arent going to see an X men film for the fashion!

Magneto in a 'plastic prison' - cant this guy stop the world rotating? Since when has Cyclop's power been more of a danger to himself? Is Storm as useful as an inflatable submarine?

So many possibilities - squandered

Again on topic,

watched Spiderman 2 today

Again massively impressed - both 1 and 2 have been gathering dust for years now in my dvd collection - decided it was time to change that - really been impressed with them. The CGI work in Spiderman 2 is truly awesome and lightyears ahead of the first film. The human drama is the key though - a blockbuster with real heart!

C'mon Spiderman 3, 4, 5 etc.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »

i have a question for the comic book junkies...

in one of the trailers it says that the guy who becomes the sandman villain was the person who killed Peter Parker/Spidermans uncle. did they add that for dramatic effect or was that the case in the comics as well?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:27:17 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 10:17:41 PM »

i have a question for the comic book junkies...

in one of the trailers it says that the guy who becomes the sandman villain was the person who killed Peter Parker/Spidermans uncle. did they add that for dramatic effect or was that case in the comics as well?

Dramatic effect.  In the original comics, the Sandman had nothing to do with his uncle's death  (I'm sure someone who knows more than I do can be more specific here).  And who knows?  Perhaps the whole "sandman is the guy who REALLY killed your uncle" is just misdirection in the movie to pit Spider-Man against him...
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 03:42:30 AM »

I think someone tries to set Sandman up, or he didn't really kill Ben Parker but was there when it happened. It's quite weird actually cause Spidey became Spidey that we know of, because of that man he let past him and ultimately murder his uncle. With sandman being the murderer the story doesn't fit anymore  Undecided

This   is   Democracy!!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »

I think someone tries to set Sandman up, or he didn't really kill Ben Parker but was there when it happened. It's quite weird actually cause Spidey became Spidey that we know of, because of that man he let past him and ultimately murder his uncle. With sandman being the murderer the story doesn't fit anymore? Undecided

I think the real problem is the contrived nature of this - as if they are trying to make Sandman significant in some way. Obviously they want Spidey to become consumed with revenge and to play this off with the effects of the Venom suit - i just think there are more natural ways for this than changing the story established in earlier films.

Surely the 'original' car jacker was driving Ben's car in Spiderman 1 anyway?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2007, 09:54:12 AM »

I think someone tries to set Sandman up, or he didn't really kill Ben Parker but was there when it happened. It's quite weird actually cause Spidey became Spidey that we know of, because of that man he let past him and ultimately murder his uncle. With sandman being the murderer the story doesn't fit anymore? Undecided

I think the real problem is the contrived nature of this - as if they are trying to make Sandman significant in some way. Obviously they want Spidey to become consumed with revenge and to play this off with the effects of the Venom suit - i just think there are more natural ways for this than changing the story established in earlier films.

Surely the 'original' car jacker was driving Ben's car in Spiderman 1 anyway?

i agree it does seem contrived. this was my problem with the original Batman with Keaton and Nicholson, how they made it that the joker killed Batman's parents. that was never in the comic books and didnt like that change since i always found it hard to believe and very contrived.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 07:07:19 PM »

Oh. My. God.

Check this bad boy out!

http://www.nbc.com/Spiderman/

Basically, it contains three scenes from the movie; two set ups and a fight scene. The effects aren't finished yet, but it looks amazing!

I warn you though, it potentially features a major (and, if what it looks like is what it is, pretty major) spoiler.

But pfft, it's worth it. Wet your appetite!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2007, 12:47:26 AM »

The fight scene is awesome, doesn't look good for Harry though  no Looks like it's gonna be the first fight scene of the movie. Btw is it confirmed that the CGI isn't finished yet? Cause it really doesn't look all that great in some places, especially considering the huge budget that this movie has.

This   is   Democracy!!!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2007, 09:35:29 AM »

Yeah, apparantly it's still being polished, according to Empire.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Neon Mobil Horse
Opening Act

Who wants gas?

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:05 AM »

This Friday with regular (non IMAX) prints of 300, there will an exclusive trailer for Spider-Man 3 that reportedly features finished shots of Venom.

As per Sony's wishes -this preview is set to play ONLY on 300 and only on non IMAX copies of the film.

There will be a special Spider-Man 3 preview on the IMAX copies of the movie, though it is just the first trailer with a few minor alterations ("Coming to IMAX" instead of "Coming Soon", other little things like that).

You don't make friends with salad!
Neon Mobil Horse
Opening Act

Who wants gas?

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »

I cannot remember what the final Spider-Man 3 trailer will be on, but as I recall, it's not anything particularly noteworthy.

It's sometime in April, though.

You don't make friends with salad!
Rocksteady
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=219583909 You can expand the video size!
The final trailer. Venom looks badass with the big white spider on the chest.

This   is   Democracy!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 09:26:38 AM »

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=219583909 You can expand the video size!
The final trailer. Venom looks badass with the big white spider on the chest.

that trailer gave me chills, looks awesome!

html sucks
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2007, 03:09:28 PM »

so we're gonna have hob goblin, venom and sandmen all duking it out with spiderman. this is gonna be sick. what is the story with Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst contractually? is this the last spiderman movie they are signed on for?

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »

i think venom should be bigger.. venom to me is this guy...

not a guy in the same size as peter parker/spiderman himself, as i said venom should be bigger IMO
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 03:59:01 PM »

so we're gonna have hob goblin, venom and sandmen all duking it out with spiderman. this is gonna be sick.

Well, let's hope there's only one Sandman, I'm not sure if Spidey could deal with multiple! Anyway. Welcome to 12 months ago.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: