Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:43:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  New Spider-Man 3 trailer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Spider-Man 3 trailer.  (Read 10165 times)
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 04:29:40 PM »

I agree, I wonder why they chose not to show Venom in the official one? Who is Eddie talking to when he asks someone to kill Peter Parker... god? In the comic-con trailer he asked the same question but used term "Sir" weird.
Isn't this the same trailer from the comic-con?

Anyways, seems like he's indeed praying - that's why he was on the church when Spiderman goes there to get rid of the symb-costume with the bells...

But everytime I see Eddie Brock I think in Eric Forman. hihi
The comic-con trailer I was referring to was shorter and captured by cellphone you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295eRrsVDwk

This   is   Democracy!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »

Oh, I didn't know it was shorter..

So, this other one was meant to be this official one released?

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 11:09:54 AM »

it looks awesome. hope this isn't a huge dissapointment like X:MEN 3 where they kill off half the main characters and just plain fuck it up.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »

it looks awesome. hope this isn't a huge dissapointment like X:MEN 3 where they kill off half the main characters and just plain fuck it up.

X-men 3 was great!!!

The only reason they had to kill everyone off was cause the actors were gay and didnt wanna do it anymore.

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 09:24:51 AM »

Cant wait for this film.....but behind the scenes it appears to be all over the place

Spiderman 3's buget has topped $300 million making it the most expensive film ever made....

Just crazy - 300 million, what does that go on? Wasnt CGI supposed to make films cheaper???

How will it ever break even - that 300 million doesn't include promotional costs - 300 million is greater than most films worldwide gross...

When u consider Revenge of the Sith cost just $113 million and that was nothing but CGi u have to wonder how they can possibly need 200 million more....

When i first read about it i assumed it was a joke.

Intrestingly enough we're up to four villians for spidey in this offering - and i though Batman and Robin's three was excesive!

Maybe someone should tell them to save these bad guys for future films rather than giving 10 mins to each....

and if this film doesn't feature Venom i'll be mad, and even madder if he's in it for 30 seconds, and even madder still if they kill him after 10 mins...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 10:08:18 AM »

So does any insider know what movie carnage is gonna be in haha  ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »

Cant wait for this film.....but behind the scenes it appears to be all over the place

Spiderman 3's buget has topped $300 million making it the most expensive film ever made....

Just crazy - 300 million, what does that go on? Wasnt CGI supposed to make films cheaper???

How will it ever break even - that 300 million doesn't include promotional costs - 300 million is greater than most films worldwide gross...

When u consider Revenge of the Sith cost just $113 million and that was nothing but CGi u have to wonder how they can possibly need 200 million more....

Intrestingly enough we're up to four villians for spidey in this offering - and i though Batman and Robin's three was excesive!

Maybe someone should tell them to save these bad guys for future films rather than giving 10 mins to each....

and if this film doesn't feature Venom i'll be mad, and even madder if he's in it for 30 seconds, and even madder still if they kill him after 10 mins...

Well, suffice to say, it looks like you'll be "madder" (depending on how strictly you define "Venom" and "30 seconds"), but not "madder still".

The 300 million price tag includes some front end costs/economies for Spiderman 4 (set design, character design, etc), from what I've heard.  It still puts the price tag exhorbitantly high, but....closer to 250 million.

And 4 villians? I count 3...Harry/Green Goblin, Sandman, and Eddie Brock/Venom...with Venom really not being the focus of this film, but a set up for Spidey 4....or so I've heard.

LOTS OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS HERE:

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/5648/Spider_Man_3_Leaked_Script_Details
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:32:19 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 01:27:24 PM »

its too bad Tobey Mcguire doesn't want to do any more. i wonder who they would replace ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 01:29:45 PM »

Well, suffice to say, it looks like you'll be "madder" (depending on how strictly you define "Venom" and "30 seconds"), but not "madder still".

The 300 million price tag includes some front end costs/economies for Spiderman 4 (set design, character design, etc), from what I've heard.? It still puts the price tag exhorbitantly high, but....closer to 250 million.

And 4 villians? I count 3...Harry/Green Goblin, Sandman, and Eddie Brock/Venom...with Venom really not being the focus of this film, but a set up for Spidey 4....or so I've heard.

Yep 4 villians, thats been all but confirmed, its likely to be Mysterio but there's good money going on Scorpion too. This 4th villian will only have a limited part

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »

its too bad Tobey Mcguire doesn't want to do any more. i wonder who they would replace ?

Tobey's contract is up.

Tobey wants a LOT more money.

Tobey is likely to say just about anything to get it....

I'm not convinced we won't see him wearing the spidey suit come #4.

Smiley

IF Raimi comes back, Tobey and Dunst will likely follow.

If he doesn't, I think they will not return without handing them the fatest paychecks in screen history.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:51:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 01:41:17 PM »

The 300 million price tag includes some front end costs/economies for Spiderman 4 (set design, character design, etc), from what I've heard.? It still puts the price tag exhorbitantly high, but....closer to 250 million.

Yep 4 villians, thats been all but confirmed, its likely to be Mysterio but there's good money going on Scorpion too. This 4th villian will only have a limited part
I have heard that only Quentin Beck(Mysterio's real name) will appear as a small cameo. Kinda how Curt Connors (The Lizard) appeared in SM2.

This   is   Democracy!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 01:50:55 PM »

I have heard that only Quentin Beck(Mysterio's real name) will appear as a small cameo. Kinda how Curt Connors (The Lizard) appeared in SM2.

Beat me to it...that's exaclty what I've heard, as well.

And if that's the case, I think it being described as "4 villians" is stretching it (and no, I'm not coming down on the posters in this thread...that was how it was phrased in all the rumors).

Together again,
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 02:12:20 PM »

i hope this isnt a huge dissapointment like X Men: 3. i thought the first two Spidermans were fantastic, just like the first two X Men movies.

they better not fuck it up. i've noticed when they decide to add tons of villains to a comic book movie the movie ends up sucking. look at Batman And Robin.? i'd rather them choose one or two villains and focus more on their development. but whatever i'm not gonna make any judgements yet..... i'm pumped.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 03:07:04 PM »

With it all but certain that Venom's role is cursory at best the point of Spiderman 3 does seem rather more ambiguous that you'd think in the case of a $300 million film...

Sandman and the Green Goblin (again confused) are hardly going to have people tripping over each other to get to the cinema - and if its some clever ploy to build to the next film, why the hell are everyone's contracts (as of yet) un-extended?

If i was the head of which every company is financing this i'd be more than a bit perplexed - whats the hook? ''See Venom for 30 seconds!'', the other two were self contained this does seem like an elaborate trailer for Spiderman 4....

I'll be first in line to see it regardless, cos a slightly less silly spiderman film is just what i'm after.

Stopping trains with your bare hands? Leave that to Superman please!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 06:08:46 PM »

i cant help think this movie is gonna suck-  i've been disapointed by both the first and second-  when the first one was being made and i heard that willem dafoe was gonna be the green goblin, i thought that was gonna be the shit-  but then they stuck him in a crazy huge mask-- that guy actually looks like the green goblin and they put a mask on?  then the second one seemed like it was 5hours long-  too much talking not enough action. now this one looks like i have to watch spiderman fight greengoblin again as well as the guy from WINGS! all just to see the symbiate suit leave peter and go onto brock in the last 5 minutes.   but i'll see it anyways-  it still looks coolness

if this movie is gonna be any cool- it will open with spidey fighting a cool villian- like rhino trying to steal a train full of gold to make a statue for himself for the first 10 minutes. then spidey will slap around sandman and goblin in the first hour- then fights venom for about 45 minutes- then the remaining 5 minutes is a cliffhanger for carnage.
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »

tobey mcquire is the thing that puts me off the spiderman movies, i still watch them n really enjoy them, but he pisses the fuckin hell out of me, almost as much as matthew broderick
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »

With it all but certain that Venom's role is cursory at best the point of Spiderman 3 does seem rather more ambiguous that you'd think in the case of a $300 million film...

Sandman and the Green Goblin (again confused) are hardly going to have people tripping over each other to get to the cinema - and if its some clever ploy to build to the next film, why the hell are everyone's contracts (as of yet) un-extended?

If i was the head of which every company is financing this i'd be more than a bit perplexed - whats the hook? ''See Venom for 30 seconds!'', the other two were self contained this does seem like an elaborate trailer for Spiderman 4....

I'll be first in line to see it regardless, cos a slightly less silly spiderman film is just what i'm after.

Stopping trains with your bare hands? Leave that to Superman please!

I'm not sure I'd define it as "cursory"  and, of course, alluding to Venom being on for "less than 30 seconds" was a bit dramatic on my part.  But, though part of the Venom story is done...the symbiote story appears not to be and the "allusion" in the film, by all reports, is that it's "revenge" will be the focus for Spidey 4.

The Spidey/Goblin dynamic this time is a little different, so that will be interesting.  As for contracts not being extended...there's a few reasons.  First off, the sticking point seems to be Sam Raimi.  None of the other principals seem to want to continue without him.  And he's asking for A LOT (reportedly) to return because the studio wants another long term (3, and possibly 4, Spidey's) commitment which pretty much means Sam's career is going to be defined by this work.  The principals have all pretty much said that until Sam signs on, they won't even negotiate....but the figures that have been thrown around as "what ifs", for those actors (Tobey, Dunst,  Franco (yes, I know...the spoilers..but there are plans) and, reportedly, even Defoe) is astronomical...for much the same reason that Sam's asking price has been so high.  Oh, and reportedly they're ALL asking for a bigger cut of the back end as part of their deals....

As for the company financing things being perplexed...well..they didn't get much say, from all reports.  That was one of Sam's "deals" in making the pics...pretty much complete creative control over the script, casting, etc, etc (with Marvel supervision and final approval, of course...but Sam's proven to be a Marvel godsend on this project, so....). 

So the more perplexing question would be why Sam made, essentially, a stand along story that really DOES serve as a lead in to Spidey 4...if he has no idea if he'll be making Spidey 4 OR no intention of making Spidey 4.  The answer, I THINK, is as a negotiating ploy.  From what I've heard..people are gonna want to see Sam's vision of Spidey 4 realized...and if the studio replaces him, the backlash from the conumer is likely to be rather large.  It would be like Donner's replacement on Superman II times 1000.

I suspect most of the cast will be back for Spidey 4, provided Sam hammers out a deal with the studio.  If not...I expect the whole Spidey 4 project to be a giant gargantuan mess (not, necessarily, the final product..though maybe that, too...but the production).  Tobey is the one wildcard.  He fancies himself a true "artist" who really likes to do a wide range of things.  So far, the gaps in spidey productions have let him do that, and the "spidey money" allows him to take pet projects at lower rates.  He's said he realizes that, before.  The issue, for him, is the physicality of playing Spidey, and the possibility of Sony wanting to fast track production on the next 3 movies (4,5,6) might make those other projects harder for him to do.  We'll have to see.  I think, ultimately, he'll join the cast....the deal will probably be too sweet to turn down, and Sony will likely make concessions on the production schedule issues.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:06:51 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »

tobey mcquire is the thing that puts me off the spiderman movies, i still watch them n really enjoy them, but he pisses the fuckin hell out of me, almost as much as matthew broderick

I think he's there jewel in the crown

He brings a real humanity to Peter Parker, a character we can really relate to.

I think the series would suffer without him

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »

What really surprises me about all three Spiderman films is the obsession of (Universal?) in making them - they seem prepared to pay anything for another installment...

$139 million - Spiderman
$200 million - Spiderman 2
$300 million - Spiderman 3

$400 million - Spiderman 4?

Nice to see them backing a worthwhile series, but the funding saga seems more cartoonish than the spiderman back story - and that was a cartoon!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »

What really surprises me about all three Spiderman films is the obsession of (Universal?)

Sony Pictures.

Smiley

Which has it's own entaglements in the whole "Will There be Sam Raimi Spidey 4" saga.  Just take a look at Sony's bottom line (the big corporate parent)....

Together again,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: