Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merch Problems
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merch Problems  (Read 3078 times)
roadkillr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 09, 2006, 04:21:27 PM »

Hey,
I was at the Huntington show last Friday and, of course, I bought a ton of merch. Well, when I got home, I realized that one of the GNR shirts I bought was screwed up. The picture on the front was off center. It's bad enough to make me not want to wear it. I paid $35 for it so I am pissed. I emailed GNR's official site Friday nite and still haven't gotten a response. So, I found the site of the merch company that made the poster I bought and they just replied that they make GNR shirts but not the tour shirts. Even though Axl was sick that nite, he still put on an amazing show and I wanted this shirt to keep my memories of that nite. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do?
Please help, thanks.

-Nathan
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 04:25:02 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way, but didn't you look at it before you purchased it?  When I bought my shirt, I looked it over before buying it..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »

I bought a tee last night in Worcester. Wore it during the show. Got home today and laundered it. Much to my surprise (and disappointment), the screen-print is already cracking and flaking off. After ONE wash and dry! What the F?

Forty bucks for it, and it's gonna last for about six wearings.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »

Now that would piss me off.. my shirt *seems* ok right now after being washed once, but I've only worn it a) at the concert, and b) after it was washed.. so now I'm a little worried myself..

Maybe it's more of a 'hang on the wall' type thing?

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »

I bought a tee last night in Worcester. Wore it during the show. Got home today and laundered it. Much to my surprise (and disappointment), the screen-print is already cracking and flaking off. After ONE wash and dry! What the F?

wow thats bad

im gonna have to watch out how i look after my new shirt now

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »

Not to sound picky but make sure you wash it the way its meant to be washed. I bought a shirt at the Hammerstein show, ive washed it maybe 30 or 40 times since then and it still looks brand new. I have to wash it seperatly and i dont tumble dry it, leave it hanging on a line!

Jonx
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:36:29 PM »

Not to sound picky but make sure you wash it the way its meant to be washed. I bought a shirt at the Hammerstein show, ive washed it maybe 30 or 40 times since then and it still looks brand new. I have to wash it seperatly and i dont tumble dry it, leave it hanging on a line!

Jonx

That's a good tip. I also think people forget that you're not supposed to wear shirts before you wash them. They fade and crack *much* faster when you do. I'm not saying that's what caused the problems with the one someone just bought last night, it's just a tip.

My shirt from 02 and Hammerstein both look excellent still.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
roadkillr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 04:37:17 PM »

I bought a bunch of shit on my way out of the show and, yes, I did look at all of it to see if the color was good and all of that.  I just didn't realize that the picture was off center until I got home.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 04:38:24 PM »

I am surprised at how much you boys know about the laundry! hihi

Good idea to wash cold (also inside out helps too) and not put the shirt in the dryer though if you want it to last.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 04:44:18 PM »

Hey,
I was at the Huntington show last Friday and, of course, I bought a ton of merch. Well, when I got home, I realized that one of the GNR shirts I bought was screwed up. The picture on the front was off center. It's bad enough to make me not want to wear it. I paid $35 for it so I am pissed. I emailed GNR's official site Friday nite and still haven't gotten a response. So, I found the site of the merch company that made the poster I bought and they just replied that they make GNR shirts but not the tour shirts. Even though Axl was sick that nite, he still put on an amazing show and I wanted this shirt to keep my memories of that nite. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do?
Please help, thanks.

-Nathan

I've got three 2006 concert shirts & a 2006 jacket, and they are quality.

I haven't had a single problem with them.

Sadly tho, typically at a concert, once you've bought it, it's final.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »

If anyone has any problems, please pm me
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 05:36:07 PM »

Wow.  This topic is so "Rock N' Roll".

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 05:41:25 PM »

Turn it inside out when you wash it, and the screen-print should last longer. Might not smell as good, but it should definitely last longer.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 05:55:49 PM »

When does the merch page go up on the site?

Soon...  ok peace

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »

When does the merch page go up on the site?

Soon...? ok peace

ok

Soon is a good word  hihi
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 06:04:02 PM »

Hey,
Please help, thanks.

-Nathan
you should probably stop posting stuff, but seriously, now your shirt is different than anybodys, id be happy, once again lame subject.

I can see it now

"Dude look at that shirt, its off center"

"Oh my god what a loser"

"he is so not a gnr fan"

But I guess it means alot to you, so w/e.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 07:23:48 PM »

Turn it inside out when you wash it, and the screen-print should last longer. Might not smell as good, but it should definitely last longer.

That was going to be my advice.   ok 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »

Most of the concert shirts I've bought are like that unless you are careful. All I do is wash it inside out and then let it air dry, no dryer. Works for me. My print never comes off anymore.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 08:47:18 PM »

I just turn the shirt inside-out, wash on cold, dry on low heat. Never had any problems.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »

BTW, wash on delicate cycle in cold  water. Do not dry in dryer, or if you do, on the lowest heat and then take out before completely dry. Do not  overdry. I do the laundry in the family so I know what  I am talking about.  beer
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: