Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pro filming on the UYI Tour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pro filming on the UYI Tour  (Read 1733 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« on: November 09, 2006, 03:58:10 PM »

I am fairly sure ALL the shows were pro shot last time around, or for the UYI tour that is.? Are they doing that this time?? The pro shots are the source from the Chicao show from 4/9/92 and the one previous to that in oklahoma city that were apparently "stolen" and bootlegged.

Question i have is besides are they recording it all now is 1)i read back in about late 92 about a movie called "the perfect crime" that was suppsoed ot have documented the tour and and off stage, and idea what happened to this?? 2)If ALL those shows were pro shot, does anyone know if any copies exist outside of OK city, Chicago, Paris (PPV), Tokyo (VHS/DVD) and Argentina in 92/93(TV)?

Anyone have any mention anywhere of the movie "Perfect Crime"?? Axl specifically mentioned it in Montreal at the Riot show there..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:02:45 PM by brock » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 04:10:50 PM »

They were because they were making a movie, Duff and Slash talk about it before the Paris PPV track down that hotel interivew and you will get it

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »

They were because they were making a movie, Duff and Slash talk about it before the Paris PPV track down that hotel interivew and you will get it
we'll get it? LOL
moridorr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »

They pro shot the UYI tours and they were going to make a documentary called "The Perfect Crime" but it never came to be.  The concerts were shot though. Just look at the dead horse, Live and Let Die,, and WTTJ Live videos. Thats where the footage is from
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:40:29 PM »

They pro shot the UYI tours and they were going to make a documentary called "The Perfect Crime" but it never came to be.? The concerts were shot though. Just look at the dead horse, Live and Let Die,, and WTTJ Live videos. Thats where the footage is from
yeah, lots of stuff on the WTTJ Live Era video too, which is a GREAT video by the way..
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »

They filmed them for legality purposes. The 'official' reason was for a movie.

Every concert since the UYI tour were filmed pro-shot. In 2002, and even now 2006, they are still filmed pro-shot.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

That Perfect Crime documentary would totally rock. Imagine having the key to the GN'R vault. Every show soundboard and proshot, unreleased demoes, footage, documentaries, chinese democracy drool

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »

MTV filmed the Wembley Stadium show on 31st August 1991. They used 'Live And Let Die' for the VMA's that year. Wink

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 05:10:55 PM »

That Perfect Crime documentary would totally rock. Imagine having the key to the GN'R vault. Every show soundboard and proshot, unreleased demoes, footage, documentaries, chinese democracy drool

This actually just jogged my memory.
How come we haven't seen any "deluxe" editions of GnR albums. Would love it if they re-released their albums with a bonus CD of extra tracks/DVD of footage from that era, anything like that really.
After the whole business of the Greatest Hits album though, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 05:31:58 PM »

How come we haven't seen any "deluxe" editions of GnR albums. Would love it if they re-released their albums with a bonus CD of extra tracks/DVD of footage from that era, anything like that really.
After the whole business of the Greatest Hits album though, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Seems Axl is incredible sensitive when it comes to releasing anything GN'R related. Everything has to be perfect, and if some of the stuff rub him the wrong way, forged aboud id! We'll probably have to wait till he croaks. But then I might be dead too Tongue

Let's hope he loosen up in the future Cry

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 05:51:07 PM »

Axl doesn't want Slash to make money, and Slash doesn't want Axl to make money.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »

They could always release two versions, one with vocals and one with guitars. We would have to play them simultaniously. hihi

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 06:00:47 PM »

They could always release two versions, one with vocals and one with guitars. We would have to play them simultaniously. hihi

Oh man, with this band I would not be shocked.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: