Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:11:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my thought ... real tour in 2007
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: my thought ... real tour in 2007  (Read 3007 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: November 09, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »

ok, after the europe tour ended, and no "unheard" songs were played, I was jelous at the USA people, because I tought they'd get the new songs,
and I so much wanted to hear CITR live Cry
but looking at it from this angle, I kinda see, that a big part of the usa will not get any better deal than I got.
sure, they'll get the CD before the tour ends, and maybe 2-3 new songs, but big part of the USA will get nothing more than we did.

that brings me to my point.
Band will probably be back in europe/usa before end of next summer to capitalize on the release of the album.
If the spain thing is real, I guess, winter will be the time for asia, australia, south america, and spring back for Europe.
And I guess the real "chinese democracy" tour will start in 2007, when more than 300 of us will be familiar with Chinese Democracy.

peace

edit: though is not tought - spelling error.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:11:49 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:58 PM »

I dunno, mate. Seems like they would be saturating the market the second time through. Most mainstream fans wouldn't care so much about the new stuff anyway.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 03:41:46 PM »

I think the first time only the hard core fans showed up(+Ultra Hard core)
The next time around, I would like to think they'd have more new fans, the teens, and the kids that havent been fans up till now.
I really hope CD is good enough to gather up a bunch of new fans.
+I think the people who already seen them would like to see them again.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
mikesc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »

I think so, too. Btw Merck already said they will tour in 2007. It was in an interview at the Formula 1 race in Hockenheim. The moderator asked Axl when they will be back in Germany again, Axl turned to Merck and he said we?ll be back next year... ?beer
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:46:34 PM »

I dunno, mate. Seems like they would be saturating the market the second time through. Most mainstream fans wouldn't care so much about the new stuff anyway.

It bothers me in a sense when people say this. I've been wanting to hear this album for a long time...

But then again, you may be right, and this is as good as it's gonna get. If the album ever comes out and they have another CD tour, maybe we'll only hear one new song at concerts (the "hit"), and that will be all. ?Undecided

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »

well with new album,they can do stadium shows in europe and south america

I have never seen so many tree
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »

I think so, too. Btw Merck already said they will tour in 2007. It was in an interview at the Formula 1 race in Hockenheim. The moderator asked Axl when they will be back in Germany again, Axl turned to Merck and he said we?ll be back next year... ?beer

At the end of the show I went (Nijmegen) Axl said something like see you next year if I remember correctly.
Ghostface
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 03:52:06 PM »

I believe he said "we hope to see you again"
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 03:54:38 PM »

At the end of the show I went (Nijmegen) Axl said something like see you next year if I remember correctly.

I think he said something like "back next summer with a bunch of new songs at rir3" hihi

but yeah, I hope to see them soon.
it'd be kinda dumb, to release the album, and not cash in on it and tour, because if they dont come back to europe within a year, when will they come?!

give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »

I think he said something like "back next summer with a bunch of new songs at rir3" hihi

but yeah, I hope to see them soon.
it'd be kinda dumb, to release the album, and not cash in on it and tour, because if they dont come back to europe within a year, when will they come?!

Yeah the best is yet to come!!! in 1991 they also toured europe before UYI and then came back in 1992 and 1993, so I expect them back soon. If CD sells good they come back soon for sure.  peace
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 04:06:59 PM »

what's a tought?....ya mean like a pop-tought......just kiddin'....and it looks like you're right...we'll see.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »

ok, after the europe tour ended, and no "unheard" songs were played, I was jelous at the USA people, because I tought they'd get the new songs,
but looking at it from this angle, I kinda see, that a big part of the usa will not get any better deal than I got.
sure, they'll get the CD before the tour ends, and maybe 2-3 new songs, but big part of the USA will get nothing more than we did.

Band will probably be back in europe/usa before end of next summer to capitalize on the release of the album.
If the spain thing is real, I guess, winter will be the time for asia, australia, south america, and spring back for Europe.
And I guess the real "chinese democracy" tour will start in 2007, when more than 300 of us will be familiar with Chinese Democracy.

peace

The "USA people" got Down on the farm!  rant

peace

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

The "USA people" got Down on the farm!? rant
 peace

I'm not jelous about that. I'd rather hear them play CITR , than all the GNR cathalogue instead.
but I guess to each their own...

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »

peace

Nothing big will change with new material on the setlist, until the album is released. It's obvious at this point.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »

Nothing big will change with new material on the setlist, until the album is released. It's obvious at this point.

I never said something big is going to happen.
I said they might add 2-3 new songs.
hence the thread title: "real tour in 2007"

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 06:18:48 PM »

I never said something big is going to happen.
I said they might add 2-3 new songs.
hence the thread title: "real tour in 2007"

I was speaking in general. I wasn't pointing your statement out directly.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 07:40:25 PM »

you know, Ive ben meaning to say this for a while.  GnR have been playing like 5 "new"song in their setlist for a while.  Thats about on par with how many new songs a band plays while suporting an album.  When Metallica played to support St Anger, they played like 3 songs off of that album. Same with alot of other shows Ive seen from bigger acts.  Im not saying that the setlist wont change when the album comes out, but expecting all these new songs just seems weird to me.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 09:30:08 PM »

I still hold out for the day when Gn'R will play Chinese Democracy in its entirety drool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 11:32:43 PM »

you know, Ive ben meaning to say this for a while. GnR have been playing like 5 "new"song in their setlist for a while. Thats about on par with how many new songs a band plays while suporting an album. When Metallica played to support St Anger, they played like 3 songs off of that album. Same with alot of other shows Ive seen from bigger acts. Im not saying that the setlist wont change when the album comes out, but expecting all these new songs just seems weird to me.

Well to be fair St. Anger sucks balls.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 01:25:25 AM »

Well to be fair St. Anger sucks balls.
Whatever, you know that wasnt my point. My point was bands dont play the entire album that they are supporting. 3-4 songs is normal unless the band only has like 1 other album. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: