Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 284221 times)
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2006, 09:45:15 PM »

Hey Folks,

This will sound dumb...but I'm kinda new to the skid row thing. I saw them back in 1993, and just saw sebastian bach last night...but didn't really start listening to the music till this year really.

I have the albums "Subhuman Race", "Slave to the Grind", and "Skid Row"...stupid question....am i missing any others? Is there a solo album of sebastian or something? or has his new line up i saw last night got albums comming?

Thanks for any help.

By the way - they kicked ass live - Seb looks just like he did in 1993 and rocked even harder!  beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2006, 09:31:32 AM »

They had a Japan only live album Subhuman Beings On Tour, a few covers of songs by Ramones, KISS, Judas Priest, Hendrix - B-Sides Ourselves [EP], they also have a greatest hits with a few tracks remixed and a previously unreleased track, Forever which is seriously one of their best tracks ever - 40 Seasons Best of Skid Row.

The NEW Skid Row (Different vocalist and drummer...) released Thickskin a few years back, pretty good album, slated by critics though.  They have a new album coming next month.

Sebastian Bach has done Bring 'Em Bach Alive which is a mainly live album of all the bands old hits, it also has some new studio tracks although they are very medicore that was brought out in like 1999.  Last year Frameshift released An Absence of Empathy, he does vocals on all tracks and it is a really great CD.

Now with his new band, which you saw, he intends to release the album Angel Down very soon.......
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2006, 11:55:14 PM »

Kind of wild, documents his marriage and career.  On VH1 right now.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »

I've seen it before, its about a 6 months old.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:58 AM »

This belongs in the new Gn'R section because............?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach has posted the following message on his official web site:

"We are so excited to be going on tour with GUNS N' ROSES in the biggest rooms in North America for the next four months! I have waited for the perfect opportunity to tour North America again and GUNS N' ROSES is absolutely the greatest tour any of us could ever imagine being on. It has been over ten years since I have screamed in a lot of these places, and there are many shows on this tour I have dreamed of playing but never in my career have I actually played ... until now! Madison Square Garden, Air Canada Center, and The Palace of Auburn Hills are all just some of the dates on the tour that I have wanted to play for years and can't believe in 2006 I finally get to rock in these hallowed halls!!!

"So it is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that there are two shows that we unfortunately cannot play on the tour ? Puerto Rico and Halifax, both due to prior commitments. I am especially bummed out about missing the Halifax show because I have many friends there now due to my buds The Trailer Park Boys! I have never played Halifax before and was really looking forward to partying with Ricky, Bubbles and Julian and the rest of the cast and crew in their hometown! I hereby make it a commitment of mine to come back to Halifax and we would be there on the GNR tour but I have to shoot a TV show in L.A. that day. FUCK!!!! We will however be on every other show of the GNR tour!!! This is like a dream come true! Again!"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2006, 03:19:34 PM »

The U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Metal Hammer: So about that "AIDS Kills Fags Dead" t-shirt you wore in 1989?

Sebastian: "I never usually talk about this but I read so much misinformation about it that I'm gonna set the record straight. I never wore no fucking anti-gay t-shirt to an MTV press conference. It's not true. I wore that shirt once in my life. I came off stage in Irvine Meadows in California after PANTERA had opened up for us. When we finished, I was totally hot and sweaty. The guys from L.A. GUNS were all backstage, so I said, 'Gimme a fucking shirt to put on.' Gerri Miller from Metal Edge magazine is there asking for a picture of all of us, so I just pick up this hideous fuckin' shirt that some fan had thrown up onto stage and put it on. We all knew it was the worst shirt of all time. It wasn't some campaign that I went on."

Metal Hammer: How did the media react?

Sebastian: "Kurt Loder from MTV, who's gay (and I don't think I'm outing him) got hold of the picture and put in on MTV as a news piece with all the other guys cut out: 'In the land of homophobia, if Axl Rose owns the restaurant and PUBLIC ENEMY are the diners, we have a new bus boy.' It was like I was the anti-Christ. Then Revolver magazine in the States said, 'The most appaling moments in rock: even though Axl Rose got more press, generally Sebastian Bach behaved worse.' Then they said I wore this shirt at a press conference on TV. That's way different to being backstage with L.A. GUNS all drunk and shit and sticking this hideous shirt on. It's complete bullshit."

Metal Hammer: Why did SKID ROW fire you?

Sebastian: "When it came to the mid-'90s, rock was totally at the bottom of the barrel and Snake [SKID ROW guitarist] wanted to change SKID ROW's image. He wanted us to cut our fucking hair and shit. [After 'Subhuman Race' in 1996] I spent all this time on the phone calling them, saying, 'Let's fucking do something.' I was fucking bored with the two- or three-year gaps between records. They didn't want me to be a songwriter anymore, so they sent me a demo they'd written and it sucked balls. I called them and said, 'I'm not singing this,' and they said, 'Well, that's a drag, because you're gonna have to quit the band.' So I said, 'I'll never quit this fuckin' band. Let's just go into the basement and write a good album.' So he screams at me and I just put the phone down. Then KISS asked us to open for them in New Jersey on their reunion tour. Rachel [Bolan, bassist] had a side-project with the road crew ? the pyrotechs and stuff ? called PRUNELLA SCALES, and he said he couldn't do the KISS show because he had a gig with his side-project. I lost my fuckin' mind. I rang him up and said, 'Let's fight' and 'I'm gonna kick your ass.' Then I did the same thing to Snake. I just wanted to play with fucking KISS, dude, excuse me!"

Metal Hammer: You made some new friends on the set of VH1 reality show "SuperGroup" ? notably giving up drinking under Ted Nugent's wing. Would you ever do another series?

Sebastian: "You know that episode where I said I'd stopped drinking? Well, I lied. Ted is so militant in his views. I lived with him for 12 days and it's hard to imagine ever doing anything that would truly look good in his eyes. Also he said some stuff online about Dimebag which I thought was really not cool. I'm not going to repeat it but you can check it out online. [You can read Ted Nugent's comments about Dimebag at this location. ? Ed.]. But Scott [Ian, ANTHRAX guitarist] and Evan [Seinfeld, BIOHAZARD bassist/vocalist] are awesome dudes. I don't know if there'll be another series. I think Scott would be into it and I know I'm well up for it."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EFISH
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »

why is this is GNR section? Last time I checked, Bach wasnt in GNR.  ok

but cool interview yes
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2006, 03:29:24 PM »

Baz rules ...he is in GNR he swings from Axl's nuts  rofl

Sorrry Baz your awsome, the temptation was just tooo much,

Had to do it

beer

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2006, 03:40:51 PM »

Cool interview.  I also agree with Baz that Nugent's comments about Dimebag were pretty lame. 
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »

kurt loder is gay?

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »

kurt loder is gay?

I have no idea i only know Baz is funny and NUTZ. hihi

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #232 on: October 21, 2006, 05:14:24 PM »

Cool interview.  I also agree with Baz that Nugent's comments about Dimebag were pretty lame. 

i havent seen these, anyone got a link?

html sucks
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #233 on: October 22, 2006, 11:34:57 PM »

Here's a link to what Nugent said:? ?

http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=66?

P.S. looking forward to seeing Baz on the upcoming tour!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:37:39 PM by gnr1967 » Logged
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: October 22, 2006, 11:58:10 PM »

There was a big discussion about this on Metal Sludge... but did anyone else know Kurt Loder was gay?  Huh
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »

anyone know the setlist from Baz last night?!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
guns_n_motley
« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2006, 08:17:47 AM »

since we cant talk about baz set etc. in the GNR section in the shows, how about we discuss them here!!

so whats his setlist like?? any pics?? ok
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2006, 11:03:22 AM »

Well..since I haven't been in any of the Baz+GNR shows since I live in this stupid country called Brazil, I can't say the right setlist, but since I'm a HUGE Sebastian Bach's fan I think I can guees some songs that he is playing with his band right now...

There's the Skid Row hits such as "Slave to the Gring"(this I know is the opener song), "Big Guns", "18 and Life", "I Remember You", "Wasted Time" and "Youth Gone Wild" and his solo songs like "(I'll never turn my back on)Rock and Roll", "Stuck Inside", "American Metal Head", "By Your Side" and "Take you down with me"...his set mustn't be much different than that...

Here some kick ass pics from the 24th show:
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7csebastian+bach%7c2233391784121335%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=3

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2006, 03:18:33 AM »

wow, what an amazing fucking wealth of bach pictures! these are my favorites:

pretty rockin' man

he's lookin' pretty good lately

supergroup!

aren't they just the prettiest couple you've ever seen? and i mean, prettiest.

first time i've ever seen bach with facial hair... kind of bizzare.

and people, pleeeeeeeease talk about bach's set, i cannnot FUCKING WAIT for nov 17, that's my day I get to see two of my all time rock n roll heros- axl and bach. in the same night, both for the first time. fuck, man. i am just as out of my brains excited to see gnr as i am bach.

robots.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2006, 10:32:33 PM »

Does anyone know what set list he's using fopr the GnR tour or is he changing it about every night?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: