Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 284201 times)
badapple81
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2006, 04:20:08 AM »

Does anybody know where I could get a hold of a few of the tracks Seb is likely to play in his live set? I am going to see him Thursday week here in Sydney and I'd like to hear some of his songs as never heard his solo stuff before, thanks!
MotleyCrue
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »

Try YouTube, they uploaded a new song of his which I heard in Wembley Arena in July 06
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

Does anybody know where I could get a hold of a few of the tracks Seb is likely to play in his live set? I am going to see him Thursday week here in Sydney and I'd like to hear some of his songs as never heard his solo stuff before, thanks!

listen to 3 of the Skid Row songs they play, "18 & Life" "I Remember You" & "Youth Gone Wild".

Seb is an amazing performer, i've seen him twice in two years, firstly at newcastle as part of the "Demolition Ball" event & again at newcastle for GnR, he was spot on for both of those and also his mood was really great, he gets the crowd involved. He also swings his microphone in the air really fast whilst headbanging, and you think to yourself " oh no hes gonna hit himself" but he doesnt, but when i saw him the second time he was swinging the mic & knocked the crash cymbal over off the drum kit  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2006, 01:33:52 PM »

i hated him on my michele it was painful each night..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2006, 01:38:38 PM »

was he really an alternative for being the lead singer for velvet revolver or that was just a rumour?..
badapple81
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2006, 05:32:47 PM »

listen to 3 of the Skid Row songs they play, "18 & Life" "I Remember You" & "Youth Gone Wild".

Seb is an amazing performer, i've seen him twice in two years, firstly at newcastle as part of the "Demolition Ball" event & again at newcastle for GnR, he was spot on for both of those and also his mood was really great, he gets the crowd involved. He also swings his microphone in the air really fast whilst headbanging, and you think to yourself " oh no hes gonna hit himself" but he doesnt, but when i saw him the second time he was swinging the mic & knocked the crash cymbal over off the drum kit? hihi

I know all of the Skids stuff of course! I'm talking about his solo stuff! I think he'll only do a handful of solo songs anyway cos he isn't really known here as a solo act.

i hated him on my michele it was painful each night..

From what I've seen it was awesome and something a little different.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »

Hey freaks!!!!

The Australian tour will take place next week, how's everything going there?!? Is everybody excited about it?!?

I wanna hear BOOTLEGS!!!!  rofl rofl

badapple81
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2006, 05:41:32 AM »

Very excited cept I haven't been able to hear any of the solo stuff!

I tend to think cos the material isn't out here and we don't know much about his band, they will just come to party and belt out mostly Skids songs.

Anyone recording?
badapple81
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2006, 05:31:36 AM »

1 sleep to go!  Grin
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:22 AM »

Apparently he hates water. Now, before I get into this Id just like to say that Sydney got a GREAT show. Bach came on gave it his all, the crowd was fantastic (bar a few knobs) and the setlist rocked. I talked to a fair few people after the show and EVERYONE I talked to said Baz was in the right to walk off. Im posting about this because its a very Sludge-worthy moment, but dont think the show was a disaster. It was great. Anyway, here goes. Ill number each incident as I saw them for easy reading. I was about four rows from the front in the pit so I saw everything quite well.

So Bach comes on and the crowd goes nuts. Ive been in few crowds this enthusiastic and Bach is totally feeding off the energy. You could see he was genuinely charged to be there and he was amazing to behold as he banged his head almost to his knees in that way he does. But ...

1. About three songs in (on Here I Am) Bach gets hit by a bit of water from the crowd. He didnt comment on it or anything (blink and youd miss it kind of thing), but you could see it annoyed him. From then on his energy kind of changed. You could see he wasnt charged anymore and it was like he was kind of going through the rounds. Which is still amazing when its Bach - theres no frontman like him IMO.

2. Its pretty steamy in the venue so security started giving out water bottles to the crowd and twirling them around their heads to shower the crowd. No biggie right? Wrong! A bit of water gets Sebastian and he get pissed. He grabs his own bottle of water and deliberately pours all of it on the security guy trying to cool down the crowd. Still no comments and I saw the security guard looked extremely apologetic to Bach (I saw him get up and apologise a few songs later to him offstage).

3. By this stage the crowd has the hint that Sebastian doesnt like water and when he was introducing the next song (? maybe it was 2 songs later) some guy in the front row threw a fair bit of water. Bach stopped speaking mid sentence, got the crowd to point out the guy and Bach told him off. Was going to get him kicked out, but then recanted and warned him not to do it again. By now you can see Baz is all pretty pissed at the crowd, but hes still doing a damn good show and everyone is happy.

4. I didnt see this personally because it was during the guitar solo and the lights were blinking insanely fast so I looked at my feet to prevent having a seizure. But during the solo I hear Bach interrupt the solo, pissed off, telling the "assholes" in the crowd to "stop throwing shit at the guitarist". By now it was clear to even the biggest dumbshits in the audience that Bach is wearing thin.

5. More assorted water throwing, Bach occassionally missing a few words midsong but nothing too extreme. Mentions that if this were an Axl Rose concert the singer would have been off stage long ago.

6. As he is introducing Youth Gone Wild (which was to be the last song of the night he said, though I dont know if there was going to be extra encores - he was still interacting with the crowd fairly happily and things seemed OK) bang - something hits him in the leg. It looked to me exactly like a can of drink (I was about a metre and a half from Bach) hit him in the leg. In the middle of talking about Supergroup suddenly Bach storms off stage, saying "Thats it", giving us the finger and the band soon followed.

7. Following lots of applause and chanting from the audience, Bach is coaxed to come on. He has a BIG rant (hope someone recorded) about the incident and saying why should he come on stage if people are going to throw shit at him etc. He got the crowd to point out the thrower and personally told this guy off and got the crowd to chant "Get the Fuck Out!" at him. I got kinda worried this guy would get beaten to death then and there, but I think he left fairly quietly - It couldnt really see because it was a few rows back. Then the band starts playing the opening notes to Youth Gone Wild, all is good for about 20 seconds then it happens. Someone throws water at the stage. I was extremely close to the stage and I can tell you this water DID NOT hit Bach. I dont think it even made the stage but it definately did not hit Bach or any of the other players. But before he has sung a word he gives us the finger, throws the mic down and walks off. The band plays and the crowd sings along till the first chorus and then they leave. Everyone is standing around looking a bit lost and then everyone knows its over when the lights and house music come on.

-----------------

Shameful end to what was otherwise a fantastic concert. Didnt lose any respect to Bach because of it and as I said, I talked to a lot of people after and everyone was on Bach's side. I hope the water thrower(s) have been seriously hurt by the angrier members of the crowd.

Also shout out to the guy I saw in the Here Today ... Gone to Hell tshirt. I asked him if he posted here but he didnt know about it. Had a good conversation about Guns, Motley Crue and Sebastian.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »

i spose its annoying but people are gonna take the piss cause it was water.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2006, 07:54:04 PM »

Yeah, great show, but thanks to some fuckwits in audience throwing shit at Baz, we didn't get to hear Youth Gone Wild in full.

The rest of the set was great (albeit a bit short) and Baz was in fine form vocally. And he did seem really happy throughout most of the gig. I was hoping they'd kick in to Get The Fuck Out after the crowd was chanting it along with Baz, but didn't happen.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
badapple81
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2006, 08:11:49 PM »

I am really pissed off about this. Really disappointed.

The first water thing was SOFT. People were twirling water around and the got SPLASHED! Yes, SPLASHED! And not with much I was right in front and saw. So the guy just yelled fuck off mid song and that was that.

Before the next song he said "enough with the water, if this was Axl Rose the show would have been over first song" then "they think I'm joking".

Later he actually did get a fair bit of water thrown at him by some dick and I did agree with Baz on this one. He went nuts at him and threatened to throw him out himself if he did it again. As Tomorrows said the guy appeared to just leave.

I'm fairly sure it was an empty beer can that got him on the leg and he gave us the finger and walked off.

The crowd chanted Youth Gone Wild which was what they were about to play. They came back and started, place went crazy again loving it.. and then I didn't see anything hit him so I can assume some fucking water splashed him and he left.

What pissed me off is that he came back on after the first walk off and ranted and gave us all the middle finger. It was like 2 or 3 dick heads. Sebastian Bach was one of my heros.. I paid $60.00 for a ticket, made a lot of effort to get to that gig from work.. I got a short set list (I was shocked when Youth Gone Wild started) and a walk off.

I really have mixed feelings about this.. I understand but at the same time.. I am somewhat pissed and disappointed. It's rare to get someone like Baz in town and I feel ripped off.. $60.00 and a lot of effort for him to have a tantrum over some water getting splashed around. I didn't think Sebastian Bach would be so soft. He comes all the way to Australia.. we give him an awesome reception (he seemed blown away at the start) and then he spits the dummy over water.

badapple81
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »

Another thing.. his band was really sloppy I thought. But Baz did sing well and his stage presence was awesome - whilst there he did put on an awesome show.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:44:46 PM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2006, 08:39:44 PM »

Yeah, it's a shame Baz couldn't have finished the set for the 99% of the crowd that were loving the show, instead of the couple of dicks that were throwing shit.

The band was really tight on the opening song Slave To The Grind and played pretty well on most of the others, but there were some were they were noticeably sloppy.

Baz was spot on though ok
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:20:39 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
badapple81
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2006, 08:45:36 PM »

Slave To The Grind and Here I Am were awesome, I Remember You was also a highlight!
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2006, 09:01:54 PM »

Hmm, that sounds like Axl!  Grin
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2006, 02:41:05 AM »

I guess everyones got things that piss them off, but getting splashed with water? Sure, if it were piss or something ... Thats what annoys me about it, I only ever saw one thing (apart from water) get thrown at him and that was a can.
Melrose Chick
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2006, 03:47:26 AM »

He is axl's pal..... even acts like him...... that a boy!!! ok
Bono
« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2006, 04:20:02 AM »

Hilarious how he's supposed t be Axl's friend but he goes on to say "enough with the water, if this was Axl Rose the show would have been over first song" almost as if to say I'm not a little bitch like Axl Shocked
 the best way to handle geting hit with water is to just laugh it off. how many times have bands thrown water at the crowd. imagine if the crowd got pissed off and left hihi? Bono gets hit with water on the Slane dvd once durirng All I Want is You and right in mid song all he did was brush back his hair and say "All I want is fucking you man" while pointing at the guy smoking.? We argued about throwing stuff at the stage in another thread but seriously water? C'mon. Bach is short tempered though so I guess the fans should have known better. I still remember when Bach walked out on an interview with George Strombolopolous becasue he had the nerve to suggest Skid Row and Posion shared from the same fan base. "I'm on fucking Broadway and you wanna talk about Poison. This interview is over." Waahhhhh!!! poor baby.? George should have thrown his water at him too. rofl
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:22:57 AM by Bono » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: