Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:25:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 284327 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »

anyone know where i could get bach 2 basics?  i can't even find a track listing.. i think its all covers though.. bach is awsome.. fired up that he'll be touring with gnr this summer
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2006, 12:48:11 PM »

I totally agree with ^^, Subhuman Race is one of my favorite Skids records, but took awhile to get into. In fact the only reason I got into it at all was I was listening to a Seb Bach interview on the radio and they played Firesign off the album- and I was fucking blown away. What a fucking song. One of my all time fave skids songs. I'm also a reaaaally reaallly big fan of Frozen especially, Breakin Down, Beat Yourself Blind, Into Another blah blah blah.... there are so many fucking good songs on it, and then there's a few that to this day I don't even know their titles because it just sort of blends into the rest of the record. I see Subhuman as an album whole and not so much as songs. It's one of those albums that you put in when the particular mood strikes you, almost conceptual in its tone, whether or not that was intentional, I don't know.
But I fucking love it. It's just Skid Row more intense and thrashing kick ass and fucking raw and bashing out your brains good.
Overall, seriously, give the CD a listen, open mind, and there's some real gems on it.

And all the ways you kill me, they've begun to thrill me, nothing can kill my firesign...

Fucking good song!!!

Nice reflection on SR. I agree with the "album as a whole" idea that you mentioned. It's almost impossible for me to listen to just one SR song at a time. On a side note, as much as I love Ironwill, I think it would've been better if Breakin' Down closed out the album. After a song like BD, you'd rather silence than IW's awesome riff. But meh...

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2006, 06:35:06 PM »

Yeah, I agree. Too much jumping around. I think the tracklist is a little off, I don't think My Enemy is a very good opener either, love the song but it's not the one you want to open with.  I think Iron Will is supposed to be that album's Youth Gone Wild, and while I like it, I don't get the same impact I get from YGW..

To me what makes the album isn't the songs, but the pieces of the different songs that somehow flow together. It's an album I like to listen to when I want to blow off steam. Beat yourself blind.... under my eyes, the faded sky..... from Frozen: The box I keep myself in, closes out my air, So I build a fire, so I can sit and stare.. and this line especially from Medicine Jar: Make it go away, make it go away... just the way that Baz fucking screams those lines... man....

I think about sometimes, I fucking wish Skid Row had made a concept record(tone-wise), because something about their albums is that it does jump around. Like on Slave to the Grind, going from The Threat to Quicksand Jesus.... and In a Darkened Room to Mudkicker. I dunno....

As I final note for this post, I fucking love the song Breakin' Down. It's so simple, to the point where I was just indifferent to it at first,  but that solo and the intro, and it's so simple and beautiful, understated and yet.. really powerful. That song means a lot to me.

robots.
plasmabeam
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2006, 03:53:40 PM »

Yeah, I agree that "Make it go away... Make it go AWAAAAAAAAAY" is just an awesome scream. Then it leads to one of the many great solos going on in that album. I took a careful listen to Face Against My Soul last night, and I was hearin crazy solos in the background... That's what I love about Subhuman Race. Just when you think you know a song, there's more that begs you to listen again and again.

And, Breakin' Down's intro sends chills down my spine. An excellent song despite the simplicity of the lyrics (kudos to Bach for having such diverse vocals on that song).

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2006, 07:14:11 AM »

Yeah definitely. Bach's vocals are absolutely amazing on this album, stunning. His screaming is like.. primal. Especially on Eileen, and that's another such a fucking good song that I forgot to mention.
And the thing about Subhuman too, is that I do listen to it a lot, not much lately but you just never get tired of it. I find a lot of it plays in my head sometimes on automatic, just cause I've listened to it so much.

robots.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »

do you know something about bach, ted nugent, scott ian and two other guys?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »

do you know something about bach, ted nugent, scott ian and two other guys?

yeah its that supergroup program that everyones on about.

html sucks
gun
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »

The name of the band (Supergroup) is Damnocracy.  They have recorded three songs that I know of so far and I would guess will put out a full album.  You can find all the details via the weblink at the bottom of my post here.

As far as Subhuman Race it's not another Slave but there are more songs that are good besides "Into Another".  Take a listen to "Frozen", "Breaking Down", "Eileen"(bet you can't tell me who the well known uncredited guest singer is toward the end  Wink) "Firesign", "Medicine Jar" and "Beat Yourself Blind".

anyone know where i could get bach 2 basics?  i can't even find a track listing.. i think its all covers though.. bach is awsome.. fired up that he'll be touring with gnr this summer
All are available on his official website: http://www.sebastianbach.com/updates.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2006, 12:55:19 PM »

The name of the band (Supergroup) is Damnocracy.  They have recorded three songs that I know of so far and I would guess will put out a full album.  You can find all the details via the weblink at the bottom of my post here.

As far as Subhuman Race it's not another Slave but there are more songs that are good besides "Into Another".  Take a listen to "Frozen", "Breaking Down", "Eileen"(bet you can't tell me who the well known uncredited guest singer is toward the end  Wink) "Firesign", "Medicine Jar" and "Beat Yourself Blind".

All are available on his official website: http://www.sebastianbach.com/updates.html

whos the singer?

html sucks
gun
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

"Eileen"(bet you can't tell me who the well known uncredited guest singer is toward the end? Wink)
whos the singer?
To be fair I should restate this to...."the well known uncredited guest singer I THINK appears"
I'll pm you who I think it is.  When I first tell you it's gonna sound like a stretch but then listen closely to the last few lines.."I'll never know what she knows"...this line is repeated a couple of times by the guest singer (suspected guest singer I should say) then Baz repeats the lines (very powerfully) into a fade/close.  For you guys who have this album listen to this part and post who you think it is. 
plasmabeam
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »

"Eileen"(bet you can't tell me who the well known uncredited guest singer is toward the end? Wink)
whos the singer?
To be fair I should restate this to...."the well known uncredited guest singer I THINK appears"
I'll pm you who I think it is.? When I first tell you it's gonna sound like a stretch but then listen closely to the last few lines.."I'll never know what she knows"...this line is repeated a couple of times by the guest singer (suspected guest singer I should say) then Baz repeats the lines (very powerfully) into a fade/close.? For you guys who have this album listen to this part and post who you think it is.?

I have to check that out... gimme 5 mins.

plasmabeam
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »

I just listened to it, and then listened to it again more closely with headphones. All I hear is what sounds like Bach's voice being doubled.

However, I'm interested in seeing who you think is providing vocals, so PM me when you get the chance.

plasmabeam
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »

Yeah definitely. Bach's vocals are absolutely amazing on this album, stunning. His screaming is like.. primal. Especially on Eileen, and that's another such a fucking good song that I forgot to mention.
And the thing about Subhuman too, is that I do listen to it a lot, not much lately but you just never get tired of it. I find a lot of it plays in my head sometimes on automatic, just cause I've listened to it so much.

SRace stands alongside Appetite as one of those albums that includes excellent songs from start to finish. It's a damn shame that the grunge era killed Skid Row's mainstream popularity. If Subhuman Race hadn't sold so poorly, Bach might've been viewed as too valuable to be fired. Instead, we'll have to hope that Bach's new solo album is kickass when it comes this Fall.

And yet again I find myself praising another SRace song. Eileen took me quite a while to like, but it finally hit one night when I decided to listen to it for the 5th or 6th time. I gotta say that it gives off a sweet atmosphere when you listen to it at night. Bach's chilling vocals and the overall tone of the song really set the mood.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2006, 06:19:29 AM »

There would have been more screaming on sUBHUMAN rACE, but bachs band members wouldnt let him scream, i cant remember where i read/heard this, but it was from bachs mouth.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2006, 10:44:33 AM »

It's kind of strange the same way I feel it's not gnr without slash and company is the same way I feel about skid row.. Baz was such a trademark of their sound, their hits etc... I hate when bands change members and continue living off past fame..
gun
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2006, 12:38:21 PM »

It's kind of strange the same way I feel it's not gnr without slash and company is the same way I feel about skid row.. Baz was such a trademark of their sound, their hits etc... I hate when bands change members and continue living off past fame..
I bought the "new" Skid Row album, to be fair it has a few good tracks but each of them are begging for Bach's vocals...it just don't cut it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2006, 01:58:55 PM »

I bought the "new" Skid Row album, to be fair it has a few good tracks but each of them are begging for Bach's vocals...it just don't cut it.

For me the point of skid row is about hearing bach sing too.. It's like when I got into gnr, I got into them in the 80's as a whole unit (at least as guitar rock plus great singer)
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »

This may be a dumb question, but is this the group with Ted Nugent, Scott Ian and that other dude?  Just wondering.  I've been watching the show on VH1 and have no idea if they are any good and how long they have been together. 
EFISH
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2006, 03:55:39 PM »

No, its not..

his band is a different thing.

that was only a reality show, that band doesnt exist anymore.

Ten Nugent is touring solo, I know that much.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2006, 04:02:38 PM »

damn, i had no idea.  Well I wonder if they are any good. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: