Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 284360 times)
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »

Wow.  I just came back from NYC yesterday, and had the most amazing time, watching GnR on May 15 and 16 (front row, baby... I survived the right hand side!! Smiley)

In any case, Bach and Rose put on one hell of a duet with My Michelle, on both nights.  That song pretty much brought the house down.  It was just incredible.  The energy, intensity of the song, and perfomance was something I don't think I will ever see again.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:38 PM »

^ You're so lucky. I would've loved to see those two on stage together. My 2 favorite vocalists by far.  crying

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
plasmabeam
Rocker

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2006, 08:55:38 PM »

i love old skid row probably as much as i love GNR. IMO, Skid Row was the only band even near the level of quality of GNR, they have the same attitudes, and wrote kick ass songs, and they were just the real deal, not trying to be anything.
So much talent in that band too.
it's really a shame they get lumped into the 'hairmetal' label, their later albums were pretty much like full out thrash metal. Kick ass band. Slave to the grind and subhuman race are some of my favorite albums.

I agree with you 100%. Subhuman Race and Slave to the Grind are right there alongside Appetite as far as my favorite albums go. I never thought I could like a band as much as GN'R, then I got into Skid Row earlier this year... now I'm a total addict.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2006, 09:40:55 PM »

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach has posted the following message on his official web site:

"I am getting tired of making this announcement but everytime two-fifths of my old band does some, shows they use my picture and voice to promote their bait-and-switch 'gigs', so I will say it again:

I AM NOT IN THE BAND SKID ROW.
I HAVE BEEN SOLO SINCE 1996.
I AM NOT PLAYING ANY CONCERTS WITH SKID ROW.
I AM NOT PLAYING THE STARLAND BALLROOM WITH SKID ROW.
I AM NOT PLAYING THAT CLUB IN INDIANA WITH SKID ROW THAT HAS AN AD IN THE NEWSPAPER NEXT TO MY PICTURE THAT SAYS 'PAY $50 FOR A VIP TICKET TO MEET THE BAND!!!'

"Not only that but ...

SNAKE SABO IS NOT IN SKID ROW.
ROB AFFUSO IS NOT IN SKID ROW.

"If you go to see 'SKID ROW' in 2006, you are in fact going to see only two out of the original five members of the band."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2006, 09:45:28 PM »

SNAKE SABO IS NOT IN SKID ROW.
Waaaa??

When did Snake leave?
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2006, 10:30:37 PM »

Sad
I did hear something about Snake having an operation on his guitar playing hand, and that it was serious.... a condition of some sort, that he was sick.... and the leave of absence I guess just beame permanent.
At this point, as much as I love rachel and scotti.... i think they should give up the skid row thing. snake gone now... it was always rachel and snake, the core of Skid Row, and to many, sebastian. i dunno man...

robots.
gun
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »

For you guys who have discovered (or already knew) how great this guy's voice is,  besides Slave to the Grind and Subhuman here's a few more that are definitely worth getting:

Sebastian Bach-Bach 2 Basics (covering Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, etc) - Children of the Damned (Maiden) is AMAZING!!

Sebastian Bach & Friends- Bring 'EM Bach Alive (Done BLeeding, Rock N' ROll, Counterpunch, Most Powerful Man in the World are all great!)

Last Hard Men-Bach sings about half the songs (Who Made You Do It, Sleep, Spider Love...all pretty good, nothing amazing here)

Sebastian Bach-Forever WIld DVD (Lots of great shit on here including J. Buckley's Eternal Life and a new song Always & Never the Same...definitely a cool dvd and worth getting)

Frameshift-Absence of Empathy (this group has amazing talent, but sadly they are going for some kind of "rock-opera" thing).  "I Killed You" is Bach at his best and the guitarist is amazing. Here's the weirdest part, the 4 best songs are on his (Bach's)site for free and they are the demos and BLOW the cd's version away...weird.  Bach got pissed about it too..."I Killed You" is the one you need...the others are forgettable. 
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2006, 12:04:34 PM »

Hmmm, Baz has actually been growing on me. I still don't like hair bands though.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2006, 03:16:15 PM »

Hmmm, Baz has actually been growing on me. I still don't like hair bands though.

More metal than hair metal.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2006, 03:17:50 PM »

Still young and stubburn I see. Music is Music - hair has nothing to do with it.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2006, 02:45:48 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53217

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »

i love the Frameshift cd... can't wait for Bach's new solo album.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »

what a fucking diva he is anyone watching super group, damn never knew he was such a whiney needy rock star
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »

I absolutely Love the SLave TO The Grind CD but Ive got Subhuman Race and no matter how hard I try I just cant get into this album.

That fuckin Souless Existence song on Supergroup is kicking fuckin ass.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2006, 03:41:12 AM »

I absolutely Love the SLave TO The Grind CD but Ive got Subhuman Race and no matter how hard I try I just cant get into this album.

I think the best songs on Subhuman Race are My Enemy, Into Another (on par with Quicksand Jesus, 18 & Life), Breakin' Down and Firesign. The rest is ok, but nothing that really stands out.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2006, 04:36:32 AM »

That fuckin Souless Existence song on Supergroup is kicking fuckin ass.

I agree 100 percent about the first sentence, I could never get into subhuman race
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2006, 06:51:01 AM »

I agree 100 percent about the first sentence, I could never get into subhuman race
Same here. Only good song is Into Another. The rest of the album is garbage.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2006, 08:56:24 PM »

Same here. Only good song is Into Another. The rest of the album is garbage.

I wouldn't go as far to say the rest of the album is garbage, there are a few other good songs like the ones I mentioned above.

plasmabeam
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2006, 09:26:10 PM »

Almost every song on Subhuman Race took me a few listens before I liked it. I used to think Medicene Jar was dull and boring, but now I absolutely love it. Hell, I can honestly say I love every song on the album. My favorites - Breakin' Down, Remains to Be Seen, Beat Yourself Blind, and Frozen.

But yeah, I can understand where you guys are coming from. I remember downloading My Enemy, Into Another, and Breakin' Down one day. I listened to nothing but those three songs for about a half hour, and the only one that I liked was Breakin' Down. Then a couple days later, it hit me that My Enemy was damned cool. I downloaded Frozen and Medicene Jar, both which I completely hated. I remember the songs Subhuman Race and Beat Yourself Blind (whose chorus sounded awkward at first, now I love hihi) really got me into the album. I went out and bought it when my local FYE finally got a copy of it stocked. Loved it like crazy since.

So basically, Subhuman Race is a test of patience as far as I see it.? ok

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »

I totally agree with ^^, Subhuman Race is one of my favorite Skids records, but took awhile to get into. In fact the only reason I got into it at all was I was listening to a Seb Bach interview on the radio and they played Firesign off the album- and I was fucking blown away. What a fucking song. One of my all time fave skids songs. I'm also a reaaaally reaallly big fan of Frozen especially, Breakin Down, Beat Yourself Blind, Into Another blah blah blah.... there are so many fucking good songs on it, and then there's a few that to this day I don't even know their titles because it just sort of blends into the rest of the record. I see Subhuman as an album whole and not so much as songs. It's one of those albums that you put in when the particular mood strikes you, almost conceptual in its tone, whether or not that was intentional, I don't know.
But I fucking love it. It's just Skid Row more intense and thrashing kick ass and fucking raw and bashing out your brains good.
Overall, seriously, give the CD a listen, open mind, and there's some real gems on it.

And all the ways you kill me, they've begun to thrill me, nothing can kill my firesign...

Fucking good song!!!

robots.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: