Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283187 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #800 on: August 15, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »

Rock is BACH: Former Skid Row frontman reflects on his new tour

August 14, 2008

The popular hard rock singer wailed the anthem "Youth Gone Wild" on the 1989 hit, self-titled album for his band Skid Row. The album also contained the power ballads "18 and Life" and "I Remember You."

Now solo, Bach is opening for fellow 1980s rockers Poison across the country. The tour has sold out in some cities and it will stop in central Indiana at 8 p.m. Friday at the Verizon Wireless Music Center near Noblesville.

"There are a lot of girls at these shows named Trixie, Lacey, Bambi and Sunshine," laughed Bach via cell phone after his set in Boston.

Almost 20 years after "Skid Row," Bach is now 40 but he is still loving the stage and putting out new, eardrum-blasting music.

While his set does have the required Skid Row hits, Bach is performing music from his new album, "Angel Down." Bach's new music has brought strong reviews from the heavy metal community. Hoosier rock fans would be interested to know that the one and only Axl Rose appears on three tracks on "Angel Down."

Bach on Rose: "I don't know where to begin. 'What is it like working with him?' It's an honor and astonishing how he has not put out a record in so long and then decided to come back for three songs on my record. What is it like? How can I ever thank him enough? He's helped me and my career with Skid Row and solo. He's a real intense guy. ... He is the smartest guy I've met. His nature is quiet when you first get to know him and then when you do get to know him, he's hyper intelligent. ... The way his mind works is so prolific."

Rose's appearance on "Angel Down" songs "Stuck Inside," a cover of Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle" and "Love Is a B****slap" were recorded after Bach cut vocals on a Guns N' Roses track called "Sorry." The song is for the "Chinese Democracy" album, the long-awaited next Guns N' Roses album.

Bach and Skid Row parted ways in 1996 and both camps maintain an icy relationship. Bach has been trying to put his Skid Row days behind him. In the process, he has become a familiar face on reality television programming. His appearance on "SuperGroup" with Ted Nugent, Scott Ian and others caused much conflict on the VH1 show. That was followed by "Celebrity Duets" on Fox and a third place finish on MTV's "Celebrity Rap Superstar." Bach's reality show career continues on the second season of "Gone Country." The CMT show will have Bach sharing Barbara Mandrell's mansion with Jermaine Jackson in a competition to write the best country song.

"Who thinks this (stuff) up?" Bach laughed. Ironically, "Gone Country" will debut at 8 p.m. Friday, the same time as his concert at Verizon.

While he has been rocking stages for 20 years, Bach believes his voice is at its strongest. Starting with his role as Riff Raff in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," he spent time in leading roles in Broadway shows of "Jeckle & Hyde" and "Jesus Christ Superstar."

"Being on Broadway helped my voice," Bach said. "You're up there with the best singers in the world. ... There was no amplification, no monitors, no effects -- just your voice.

"It's been nice to be able to bring stuff you learned from another milieu and bring it back to rock. ... I was very fortunate and lucky that I can properly sing. I learned to sing through sickness and allergies, too. For me, it's very much athletic. It's physical."

Now that he's back howling hard rock live, how does Bach take care of those pipes?

"I drink less," Bach laughed. "My voice has a life of its own. It really brought me everything I have in my life. As I get older, I don't look the same as I did in 1988 but my voice is better than it was then."

1988 was a good year for Bach's tourmates Poison. It was the year that the multi-platinum glam rock band released its second album, "Open Up and Say ... Ahh!," which brought the world "Nothin' but a Good Time" and the bittersweet mega power ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

Bassist Bobby Dall formed the band with drummer Rikki Rockett and vocalist/rhythm guitarist Bret Michaels in 1983 in Harrisburg, Penn., where they are originally from but they soon moved to Los Angeles where lead guitarist C.C. Deville was recruited.

Like many rock bands, Poison had its interpersonal dramas but Dall, 44, insists everyone is cool enough with each other to tour. The tightness of the band can be seen on its new DVD "Poison: Live, Raw & Uncut."

"I'd like to say it's hard work and rehearsal but it's like riding a bike," chuckled Dall before the Boston gig. "It sort of comes pretty natural at this point. We broke in the 1980s and were on tour from 1985 to 1993 pretty much nonstop. It's pretty much second nature. If Keith (Richards) hits the first three chords of 'Start Me Up,' I'm pretty sure Mick (Jagger) knows what to do."

Dall admitted seeing more new fans than ever thanks to Michaels' popular VH1 reality show, "Rock of Love."

"Poison has always had a wide spectrum of audience," Dall said. "But it's obvious Bret's 'Rock of Love' is bringing in people that wouldn't be exposed to us other wise. So it's obviously a plus. And now we have a couple generations coming to the shows. Mothers that were 14 or 15 when they first saw us are now grown up and bringing their children to the show. We've become classic rock and that's hard to admit, but as I exhale Aerosmith was classic rock when I was growing up. But it's still hard to admit."

And what does Dall think of his bandmate for 25 years' cable television success?

"I love the show. It reminds me of 'Jerry Springer,' " Dall said.

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008808140301

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #801 on: August 15, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH To Perform At 'Rock The Mansion' Event At The Playboy Mansion - Aug. 15, 2008

Sebastian Bach will perform at the Rock The Mansion event at the Playboy Mansion on August 30.

A press release states: "Men and women, here's your chance to play rock star and groupie as you hang at the most famous mansion. It will be a true rock star mecca with playmates dressed as naughty school girls, free open bar all night, amazing buffet, strippers in the main rock room, the world-famous grotto and tours of the mansion grounds. All this and more can be had while dancing to the best rock and metal bought to you by metal DJ Will of KNAC.COM. Later in the night, multi-platinum singer Sebastian Bach will rock your ass off performing his hit singles '18 and Life', 'I Remember You' and 'Youth Gone Wild', to name a few. Stick around as you never know which A-list rockstars you will rub elbows with."

To buy these tickets, go to www.rockthemansion.com or go to www.laweekly.com and try to win a pair now. The tickets get you free booze and food, a private concert; access to (2) two other parties that weekend, mansion tours, after party and more!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102867

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #802 on: August 15, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »

Friday Night Primetime TV Schedule Includes Season Premiere Of "Gone Country 2"

August 15, 2008

West Palm Beach, FL (CNS) - The second season of CMT's "Gone Country" begins Friday night, featuring Sebastian Bach, Irene Cara, Mikalah Gordon, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young as they compete for a chance at country music success. Country singer-songwriter John Rich returns as host.

CMT will air the premiere of the second season of "Gone Country 2" at 8 p.m. and then will air it again at 10 p.m.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #803 on: August 19, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »

Was just listening to Dokken, seeing as Bach is touring with Dokken and Poison. We know what he thinks of Poison.

But what does he think of Dokken, anyone got any quotes from him?

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #804 on: August 19, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »

Friday Night Primetime TV Schedule Includes Season Premiere Of "Gone Country 2"

August 15, 2008

West Palm Beach, FL (CNS) - The second season of CMT's "Gone Country" begins Friday night, featuring Sebastian Bach, Irene Cara, Mikalah Gordon, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young as they compete for a chance at country music success. Country singer-songwriter John Rich returns as host.

CMT will air the premiere of the second season of "Gone Country 2" at 8 p.m. and then will air it again at 10 p.m.

I got curious and taped the show...Sebastian was by far the funniest and gave the best performance.  Here some of a write-up on the show:

August 15, 2008

"Gone Country" is a surprisingly funny trip

No, really. I just ran the season-two premiere screener for CMT's "Gone Country," and we cackled our way through it. Seven C-list stars travel to Nashville in hopes of being turned into country singers by host John Rich of Big & Rich; one of them will win the chance to make a record that "JR" will produce. The show debuts at 8 tonight, to be followed by the bow of its season-one spinoff, "Outsiders Inn." You can watch "Gone Country" for the show itself, which is better than you'd think once it gets going.

Each (except for Cara) gets off the plane, pairs up with one of the others for the pickup truck race to a country mansion outside Nashville. The funniest part is when Sebastian Bach confides to the camera that he doesn't know who his partner - Kirkpatrick - is. The second funniest part is when he finds out Kirkpatrick was in NSYNC and confides to the camera that he can't tell NSYNC apart from the Backstreet Boys. It's also a chuckle when Young says to partner Gordon, "You do have your license, right?" That's one of the intentional pleasures of a celebreality series like this, watching some canny vets trying to entertain with just their wits.

Jackson, Cara, Bach and Gordon do fine, each singing a song of their own. Kirkpatrick does well, too, but Bach tells their competitors that he "sounds like a girl." Nice. Lamas does some swing tune that sounds horrible courtesy of an unswinging backup band. The women all cheer anyway. Young looks terrified. Since she doesn't have a repertoire of her own, they have her sing "Hey Good Lookin'," and she keeps stopping and starting and freaking out, until Kirkpatrick quite decently gets up to help her, along with Cara. Gordon tells the camera that she's here to win, not to help. Later on they all gather for dinner and a post-mortem, and sparks fly.

I can't say I'll be back for the second hour of this show, but watching it didn't make me want to take a shower afterward, like, say, "Big Brother" or "Flavor of Love." It's modestly appealing, funny, and might evevn make you more sympathetic to what these no longer quite super-famous people will do to keep their name in lights.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #805 on: August 19, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »

baz is a funny guy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #806 on: August 20, 2008, 12:54:58 AM »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sebastian Bach candidly talks with Erin Michelli about a possible Skid Row reunion, his tattoos and much, much more. The rocker even gives up the details on the strangest thing a fan has ever shown him.

Video: http://www.2theadvocate.com/entertainment/27158979.html

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #807 on: August 20, 2008, 05:20:26 AM »

^lmao at that.

The roadrunner tattoo was the funniest bit

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #808 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:49 AM »

i like his KISS shorts too Grin
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #809 on: August 22, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH To Guest On 'Headbanger's Heaven' - Aug. 22, 2008

Sebastian Bach will guest on the "Headbanger's Heaven" radio show with host Mike Gaube on 93.3 KDKB in Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow, August 23. The program runs from 7:00 p.m. until midnight PST and can be streamed at www.kdkb.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103310

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #810 on: August 29, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »

I was listening to Sirius Octane 20 this morning and the DJ, Jason Ellis ssid that Sebastian would be on with him later this afternoon at 3pm on Sirius Faction 28.  I'll try to check it out.  He was on the show before and it was pretty good.

Edit:  He's on NEXT, they're playing "Angel Down" right now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:32:34 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #811 on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »

Sebastian Bach - Gone Country 2 Rehearsal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3RsS4FbNYY

Edit: Some more footage from the show

http://www.cmt.com/videos/shows/gone-country-2/270977/cmt-quickie-gone-country-203.jhtml
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:24:18 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: Vancouver Show Cancelled - Sep. 3, 2008

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach's previously announced October 30 concert at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada has been cancelled. Refunds are available at point of purchase. Ticketmaster Internet and phone orders will automatically be cancelled and refunded.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103997

Jada
« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2008, 07:06:33 AM »

^ So was a whole tour cancelled or just one show? People on other boards are already talking about Skid Row reuniting and they may be reading a bit too much into this.  Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #814 on: September 06, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »

^ So was a whole tour cancelled or just one show?

I was wondering the same thing?  He said this, but there is no information regarding these shows on his site.

July 23, 2008

We just got news yesterday that we are going to be headlining Canada in September and doing some headlining USA East Coast dates to end the whole tour, after we are done with Poison on August 29th. We are going to aim the bus North. We are going to do at least ten more shows on this tour, going up through Canada, and then ending up around New Jersey where I live, and do some gigs on the East coast of America. That just happened yesterday, you are the first person to know that. "

Friday, July 25, 2008

SEBASTIAN BACH - Canadian Tour Tour Set For OCTOBER
Current mood: working
Category: Music

update: the Canadian Tour looks like it will now happen in OCTOBER.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #815 on: September 06, 2008, 10:36:01 PM »

Sunday, September 07, 2008

No gigs scheduled at this time!
Current mood: confused
Category: Music

re: October gigs

i don't get it.
none of these shows were ever confirmed.
i do not ever cancel any shows. i have no idea why any of these shows went on sale. i never announced them on my site because they were never confirmed. we wanted to do the tour, we were gonna do the tour, but the offers that we got made it impossible for us to actually do the tour. so, 'Bach to the drawing board'. (sorry, had to do it!)
No show or tour was ever cancelled - because no show or tour was ever booked!
i have no clue why any of these shows went on sale, but there are no shows at all planned at this time.
hope to see you all again soon though! it was a great 2008 !

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #816 on: September 07, 2008, 01:23:03 AM »

Thanks for the update.

It will be interesting to see what Sebastian does next.

Jada
« Reply #817 on: September 07, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »

Wow, does this happen a lot? Why'd they sell tickets to shows that aren't even confirmed?  Huh
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #818 on: September 07, 2008, 05:25:52 PM »

Doug Fucking Goldstein booked a tour without even asking Axl!

Some people...... no
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #819 on: September 09, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »

An interview with Sebastian from August 27th..

By far one of the most astonishing voices to emerge from the Metal scene in the last couple of decades is that of former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach who after leaving the frontlines of rock for nearly a decade in order to pursue interests that range from Broadway production to sitcoms to reality TV has now returned full force with a new album and a summer tour supporting 80?s glamsters Poison. This is definitely an odd mix being that Baz?s band is ridiculously more aggressive than that of the fluffy haired quartet. However, the fans in attendance seemed to be eating up every minute of his performance. Having read quite a bit of press surrounding Sebastian?s new CD Angel Down, his relationship with Guns N Roses vocalist Axl Rose (who sang on three tracks of Baz?s new CD) and his exploits with the Gilmore Girls or Gone Country I was interested to hear what response he had to the criticisms leveled against him. In addition I was curious to find out his reasons for returning to rock after such a successful career outside the business. Thankfully I was able to attain every answer when I caught up with Baz back stage at the bands gig in my hometown of Lancaster CA. While the interview was an obvious success there was at least one moment of disagreement that caused a bump in the road. Listen in and find out what all the hubbub is about.

Audio: http://ontrackmagazine.com/2008/08interviews/sebastianbach.htm

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: