Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283217 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #780 on: July 12, 2008, 12:10:56 AM »

Ex-Skid Row singer Bach still rocking like it's 1988

Posted Jul 10, 2008

ROCKFORD, Ill. ?

As the lead singer of Skid Row, Sebastian Bach was one of the most charismatic and sometimes controversial frontmen in rock ?n? roll.

Skid Row?s self-titled album, released in 1989, was an instant success, with chart-topping anthems ?18 and Life,? ?Youth Gone Wild? and rock ballad ?I Remember You.?

But after two follow-up records, ?Slave to the Grind? and ?Subhuman Race,? grunge took over in the early ?90s, and the last of the hair-metal bands faded away, which led to Skid Row?s demise and firing of Bach in 1996.

Post-Skid Row saw Bach form the band Last Hard Men, with Frogs guitarist Jimmy Flemion, the Breeders? guitarist Kelley Deal and Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. Starting in 2000, Sebastian performed on Broadway with roles in ?The Rocky Horror Picture Show,? ?Jekyll and Hyde? and played Jesus in ?Jesus Christ Superstar.?

Now Bach, 40, seems to be popping up almost everywhere on TV, including: VH1?s ?Forever Wild,? ?SuperGroup? and ?I Married ... Sebastian Bach?; WB?s ?The Gilmore Girls?; Canadian TV series ?Trailer Park Boys?; MTV?s ?Celebrity Rap Superstar?; and the upcoming ?Gone Country 2? on CMT.

With all these reality show appearances, it?s easy to forget that he?s a rock singer.

?I never once tried to get into acting,? the outspoken Bach said in a June 19 conversation with the Register Star from his home in New Jersey.

?The offers just keep coming in. You should listen to my answering machine with all the offers to do more shows. I can?t keep up with the reality-TV culture; I just don?t get it. Rock ?n? roll is my first love, but doing television pays the bills. The money I make from the TV shows I put back into the band for equipment and backdrops. If anybody is sick of seeing me on TV, then go buy the new CD!?

?I am a fan of my own band?

The CD is ?Angel Down,? his first solo release since 1999.

?Angel Down? is not a throwback to Bach?s ?80s and ?90s albums. It just rocks. It has heavy riffs, flavorful screams, wild guitar solos, great melodies and choruses that will stick in your head for days. There are two obligatory ballads, but Bach sings them well.

It?s a confident return to the rock platform for Bach. His voice has never sounded better, a quality he attributes to singing on Broadway.

On this recording, Bach has been blessed with a superb group of established heavy-metal pros, including guitarists ?Metal? Mike Chlasciak (Halford, Painmuseum) and Johnny Chromatic, bassist Steve DiGiorgio (Sadus, Testament) and drummer Bobby Jarzombek (Iced Earth, Halford).

?I am a fan of my own band,? Bach said. ?I am lucky to play with these guys. They are the best, and they make me want to be the best.?

Bach also managed to get good friend Axl Rose of Guns N? Roses to guest on three songs, an achievement that nobody has been able to accomplish in 15 years while Rose works on the long-promised GN?R album ?Chinese Democracy.?

?After singing on a song for Axl?s album, I just texted him one day and asked ?When are you going to sing on MY album?? He texted me back and said ?When and where?? and that was it. He showed up and sang his heart out,? Bach said.

Bach is a die-hard metalhead and was heavily influenced by Kiss, Rush, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Metallica. ?There?s no other music that affects your emotions like heavy metal. Once it?s in your blood, it never leaves.?

A song called ?American Metalhead? on ?Angel Down? (originally a Painmuseum song) is a tribute to that attitude: ?Metal should challenge you and make you think. I love performing, and I love the surprising and unexpected. All my energy and excitement goes into what I do.?

Family man

Sebastian Philip Bierk was born into a talented family. His father was visual artist David Bierk, whose painting graced the cover of Skid Row?s 1991 ?Slave to the Grind? album.

Bach is the brother of retired NHL goaltender Zac Bierk and actress Dylan Bierk.

In an episode of ?LA Ink? on TLC, Bach had the ?Angel Down? cover tattooed on his right forearm by renowned artist Kat Von D, and he plans to get a ?Slave to the Grind? cover tattoo, as a continuing tribute to his father.

?My dad taught us to think big, to pick something in life you love to do and stick with it and everything will be great. We were always exposed to music and art.?

Bach and wife, Maria, have three children: Daughter Sebastiana and sons London and Paris, who is the drummer for New Jersey metal band Severed Hand.

?My son started playing the drums when he was 2 or 3 and never stopped practicing. I?d be up in my bedroom reading a book and hear him through the vent double-bassing to Pantera. I remember thinking, ?That?s my boy!??

Bach says there?s no ?typical day? at the Bierk house.

?Because of touring and recording, I?m just so tired when I come home, mentally and physically, so a typical day is ... well, nothing!?

Bach keeps fit by running, usually every day.

?Singing on stage and performing can be exhausting. I put a lot of physical effort into it, so the more I run, the better I look and feel, and it helps me to sing properly and to not strain my voice. Plus, I still need to fit into my tight leather pants.?

What can Rockford fans expect at the July 19 show at the MetroCentre?

?You?re going to see a high-energy rock ?n? roll show with great playing and awesome screams. It?ll be me singing from the heart. We?re going to play the best of the old and new songs.?

http://www.enterprisenews.com/entertainment/x1743992038/Ex-Skid-Row-singer-Bach-still-rocking-like-its-1988

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #781 on: July 12, 2008, 12:19:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZqwFK9dG8
american metalhead Moondance jam 2008
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »

It's good to see the man still knows how to make a living while still kind of staying in the public eye - and Angel Down was good in a '80s metal kind of way - but he could do with out the constant name dropping. Every time he gets asked about his album he has to mention Axl is on it or repeat the story about how he got to be on it.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #783 on: July 13, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »

It's good to see the man still knows how to make a living while still kind of staying in the public eye - and Angel Down was good in a '80s metal kind of way - but he could do with out the constant name dropping. Every time he gets asked about his album he has to mention Axl is on it or repeat the story about how he got to be on it.

Kind of?  He's kind of in the public eye because he does everything and anything he possibly can........Fortunately no one gives a shit anymore about him or else he'd REALLY be in the public eye
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #784 on: July 13, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »

but he could do with out the constant name dropping. Every time he gets asked about his album he has to mention Axl is on it or repeat the story about how he got to be on it.

well, that's what the journalists are interrested in, that's what they are asking him about and that's what the fans wanna read about-- btw, if you'd get axl singing on your cd you would love to tell the world too
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #785 on: July 16, 2008, 03:25:04 PM »

An interview with Sebastian....

Bach and Ready to Rock

'80s hair-metal god Sebastian Bach keeps it transparent

By Michael Alan Goldberg
Published on July 17, 2008

I've been singing 'We are the youth gone wild' for 20 years, man... I'm fuckin' 40!" Sebastian Bach exclaims over the phone before telling me to hold on a second. There are some voices in the background, then some shuffling sounds, and then he's back. "Sorry, dude; I'm getting my hair cut right now. I figured it was time for a new haircut, although I just had one... in 1987!"

Bach lets out a hearty laugh, and just a few minutes into the conversation from a hair salon in NYC, it's clear that he's as gregarious and exuberant a guy as you'd expect. Whether a new 'do is in order is hard to say, but most of his fans would agree that more new music from Bach is a must.

Until this past fall, the last solo platter he'd offered was 1999's Bring 'Em Bach Alive! which came three years after his acrimonious split with Skid Row, the band that first rocketed him to fame in the late '80s. In recent years, Bach's become known more for his stage and screen work than his music. The Canadian-born, New Jersey-residing singer has had recurring parts on Gilmore Girls and Trailer Park Boys, done several musicals (including Broadway's Jekyll & Hyde and a traveling production of Jesus Christ Superstar), and been featured on the reality shows Supergroup, Celebrity Rap Superstar, and, of course, I Married... Sebastian Bach.

But last November, he finally released his long-awaited new album, Angel Down. Lean, heavy, loud, rock-solid, and tender in spots (befitting a guy who perfected the art of the power ballad with "I Remember You"), Bach's second solo album stands alongside Skid Row's 1991's Slave to the Grind as the finest record ever to bear Bach's signature shrieks and croons. As Angel demonstrates across its 14 tracks, Bach's voice is somehow getting better with age. "I'm hitting notes now that I never could hit when I was 19," he marvels. "I guess I can take some credit for maintaining my voice, but I was totally lucky that I was born with it."

But despite how good the songs are on Angel Down, Bach still has to contend with a sizable segment of music fans who only want to hear his old Skid Row material. Sure, they're glad he's still around, but reactions to the new record have been tepid.

"It is intimidating to put out something new, but I think that's because I'm in the heavy metal genre," Bach says. "Like, I'm a big fan of Neil Young, and a guy like him will put out a CD every eight months. Every eight months, I'm goin' down to the store to get his new release; a lot of people are. And I wish heavy metal fans could accept new music more readily like that, because, I mean, I know they love 'Youth Gone Wild,' I know it, and I love playing those songs, but it's like, some fans believe I'm only a thing from the past."

Certainly, the presence of one W. Axl Rose on three of Angel Down's tracks ? "Stuck Inside," the particularly fiery "(Love Is) a Bitchslap," and a cover of Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle" ? has enticed a lot of people to check out the album, if nothing else. Longtime friends (since Guns N' Roses took Skid Row out with them on their 1991 Use Your Illusion tour), Bach spent parts of 2006 and 2007 opening for the retooled GN'R around the globe.

Bach is thankful and still marvels at the fact that Rose came to the studio to sing on Angel Down, marking his first studio vocal performances to be released since 1999. "I just texted him, joking around that he should come sing on my record, and the next thing you know, he was there!" Bach says.

And because they've become such tight bros, Bach's now a de facto mouthpiece for Rose ? media outlets continually pepper him with questions about the GN'R singer's doings and whereabouts, always hoping to get some inside information about the status of Chinese Democracy.

"It's become sort of a joke ? Rolling Stone says, like, 'Sebastian Bach is Guns N' Roses' publicist' and stuff like that," Bach laughs. "I don't know why he is so nice to me or why he lets me into his world or why he sings three songs on my record, for fuck's sake!

"Axl is the most controversial lightning rod of a human being I've ever encountered in my life," he continues. "He's so big that it's hard to fathom. I've walked down the street with him, and he literally stops traffic. No humans can speak the way that they normally speak, to Axl Rose. I watch people ? smart, successful people ? stand in front of him and try to figure out what he wants them to say so he'll like them. People think they know who he is, but they really don't. He's a very sensitive guy, and a lot of times, I wish people would just shut the fuck up about him."

The rest of the interview here: http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2008-07-17/music/bach-and-ready-to-rock/1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #786 on: July 19, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »

http://uweekly.com/newsmag/07-16-2008/8811

A bunch of Bach and a bit of Bret

By Steven Patrick

Normally I stray from writing a step-by-step account of what happened when reviewing a concert. However, this particular show was simply too bizarre not to do just that, so here it goes. The 2008 Poison: Raw, Live, and Uncut Tour is well underway with opening acts Dokken and Sebastian Bach (former lead singer of Skid Row). Last Sunday they made a stop here in Columbus, and I was granted the opportunity to interview Bach backstage to discuss his new album, "Angel Down," and how the tour is going. The moment I set foot in his dressing room, the night took a really unexpected turn.

First off, before I could even turn the recorder on, Bach asks me, "Hey bro, do you want to record the show for us tonight?" Apparently, their camera guy was not feeling well and they needed a fill-in. Being a fan and somewhat star-struck, I quickly agreed. So that was settled; after my 4:30 interview I needed to return at 7:20 to videotape Bach's entire set from the front of the stage (using Bach's personal camcorder, no less). The interview went extremely well, since Bach was in a talkative mood. Here are some highlights:

UW: I hear you're working with Hatebreed's Jamie Jasta on new material?

Yeah, I've got four song ideas from Jamie 'cuz I love Hatebreed. I'm not looking to make a record that sounds just like Hatebreed. I want to take that power and do it my way.

UW: What can fans find in the upcoming CD/DVD re-release of "Angel Down"?

There's a film that I made. I'm the new f***ing George Lucas. *laughs* It's called "Road Rage." It's also got five live songs and also the making of the CD. It's funny, too.

UW: I know you and Dimebag Darrell were close [Darrell, guitarist of Pantera and Damageplan, was murdered in Columbus back in 2004]. Any fond memories of him you'd like to share?

We got to make one recording together. It was "Believer" for an Ozzy tribute album. It's on my Myspace page and I'll never take it down. The producer said we needed a guy to play lead on "Believer" and I said I'd call Dimebag. You know?shoot for the top. So I called and he said, "Sure, I'd love to do it!" and I'm so glad we got to make a recording together. It's hard to talk about.

UW: So are you happy with your 3rd place performance on MTV's "Celebrity Rap Superstar"?

Well, I came in 1st place of all the contestants with a c**k. *laughs* I don't know if you can print that. Dude, Kendra (of E!'s "Girls Next Door") could go up there and read the phone book wearing pigtails in a Catholic schoolgirl outfit?I can't beat that. I'm not taking away from what she did, though; I guess she did a good job.

UW: How's the tour going? Is your music meshing well with Dokken and Poison?

We're a week into it and I know people are digging it. It's made me fall in love with what I do again. We get to play new stuff, and I get off on it. I play the new stuff for the band and the old stuff for the fans. This tour has had huge crowds. This Poison tour reminds me 100% of the Bon Jovi tour that we started out on. It's the same vibe. Hell, it's the same f***in' rooms?I'm sure we played here with Bon Jovi. *laughs* Let me just say this: "I Remember You" goes really well with "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." *laughs*

After the interview I went to go kill some time before I came back to be an amateur videographer. On my way out, I saw a familiar person tossing a football back and forth in the tour bus parking lot behind the Schott. It was none other than Poison lead singer Bret Michaels. Bret and I talked for a second, and he was gracious enough to pose in a picture with me. This really was getting to be too much for a hardcore rock fan like myself.

I then tore off in my car to eat the fastest McDonald's dinner ever and immediately returned for my new filming duty. Bach had me follow him on camera from his dressing room on his way to perform and I got to experience the buzz of excitement that occurs right before a major show kicks off. Bach and his tight band gave an amazing performance, and I did my best to capture it on his tiny camcorder. Who knows, maybe my footage will show up on Bach's next behind-the-scenes DVD. Dokken and Poison then put on great shows, but I was still flying high from the Bach encounter. At any rate, Bach and Michaels were both class acts, and Sunday was an experience I won't soon forget.

Originally Published: Issue 659 - July 16, 2008

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #787 on: July 20, 2008, 06:47:56 AM »

So when is the DVD version coming out?

I just checked FYE and cant find anything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #788 on: July 22, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Presents 'Angel Down' Limited-Edition CD/DVD Package; Video Available - July 22, 2008

Video footage of Sebastian Bach presenting the newly released "Angel Down" CD/DVD package, featuring "Roadrage", a film by Sebastian Bach, can be viewed below.

The "Angel Down" limited-edition CD/DVD package was made available in the USA as an FYE exclusive at all FYE stores nationwide and also at the FYE booth on the POISON tour. "Roadrage" features five tracks, "100% live, pro-shot" on the 2006 North American GUNS N' ROSES/SEBASTIAN BACH tour.

Video hihi here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101342

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #789 on: August 01, 2008, 10:23:33 PM »

An interview with Sebastian.  He has video of Axl in the studio recording Back in the Saddle but did not put it on the DVD (on part 2 of the video).

Part 1 & 2:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101824

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #790 on: August 02, 2008, 06:00:51 AM »

^hilarious when he spoke about when axl sang
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #791 on: August 02, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »

^hilarious when he spoke about when axl sang

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDES!

Axl totally used a coaster in MY recording studio!

COOL BEANS!

Take that Nugent!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #792 on: August 03, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »

Regarding the tour....

Exclusive BW&BK Chat With SEBASTIAN BACH - Canadian Tour Tour Set For September

You can't beat the warm sound that transpires from a vinyl record that sometimes gets lost on CD's.

Bach: "Yes, and someday when I go home, which is not going to be any time soon, but I am going to sit down in the living room and put the record on of "Angel Down" just to hear the analog sound of that music. It is going to be great. Also, you are the first one I am telling this to. We just got news yesterday that we are going to be headlining Canada in September and doing some headlining USA East Coast dates to end the whole tour, after we are done with Poison on August 29th. We are going to aim the bus North. We are going to do at least ten more shows on this tour, going up through Canada, and then ending up around New Jersey where I live, and do some gigs on the East coast of America. That just happened yesterday, you are the first person to know that. "

Is there anything else that you want to say about the tour and "Angel Down"?

Bach: "We are going to be touring until September. Then we have a break. It is a big chunk of touring and we love it but you start to lose your mind. (Laughter) After September, we will go re-charge our batteries. There is talk of possibly some UK touring and South America, Brazil and Argentina and Mexico, we always go there every year. After all that around Christmas time, we will start to wok on the next record. Because I own my own label, and I consulted with myself and had a meeting with myself. I said, 'Can I do a new record this year?' I got in touch with myself as the CEO of my company and I said 'Yes I can.'

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54524288&blogID=418129653

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #793 on: August 06, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »

'Gone Country 2' Featuring SEBASTIAN BACH To Premiere Next Week - Aug. 6, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach will vie for the top prize on CMT's "Gone Country 2", the follow-up to the network's highest rated series ever.

John Rich returns as host and judge of the show, which will premiere Friday, August 15 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Other members of "Gone Country"'s second-season cast are Grammy- and Academy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actress Irene Cara; former "American Idol" fourth-season finalist Mikalah Gordon; former THE JACKSON 5 lead singer and 2007 "Celebrity Big Brother" UK houseguest Jermaine Jackson; ex-N SYNC member Chris Kirkpatrick; actor and former "Are You Hot?" judge Lorenzo Lamas; and actress Sean Young.

The show's second season will follow a similar format to its first season, as each episode will follow the cast as they compete against one another in challenges that test their ability to musically and physically adapt to the country-crooner lifestyle. In addition, each cast member will be paired with two Nashville songwriters, who will assist them in penning lyrics and music for a country single, which they'll then have the opportunity to perform.

"Gone Country" will conclude with one of the seven contestants winning the two-week competition and recording and releasing a country song.

Check out the "poster" here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102334

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #794 on: August 07, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »

An interview with Sebastian from Komodo Rock:

What was it like working with Roy Z?

It was a lot of fun working with Roy mainly because we're only about 3 weeks apart in age. That might sound trivial, but we grew up on the same stuff, the same music, the same TV shows, the same concert tours and we both had the same goals, which was to make a high energy incredible sounding rock album with killer screams and great riffs, great grooves and great songs. I think we really achieved that. It's so ironic that the first meeting that I had with Roy was at the Rainbow in Hollywood with Bobby Jarzombek (drummer in Bach's band). That's when we first talked about working together and Roy said "Dude I want to make a record that has the fucking feel of 'Appetite for Destruction' by Guns 'n Roses. I said "that'd be great". Not only did we do that, but we got Axl Rose to sing on it (laughs). Me and Roy were laughing when Axl showed up at the studio because we both couldn't believe that we were talking about our favourite albums of all time - 'Appetite' was like number 1, really - and then to have Axl actually sing on the record ... like ... WOW, that's pretty amazing.

I was going to ask you a question about Axl anyway, and it's one I'm sure you're fed up answering, but how did you get him on board?

Well, I didn't need to persuade him at all. I sent a text saying "when are you going to sing on my record?" and he texted me back one word "When". That was it. I've told this story a billion times, and it still blows me away. Whenever I hear the record, I just hold my head in my hands because I love it so much, I love the sound of it, and to hear him singing on it is astonishing to me, because I'm a fan, too. I like putting new Axl into my IPod and can't believe it's on my record! He's singing better than ever. I did two years on the road with him in 2006 and 2007 and he sounded incredible on tour too.

With Axl in such obvious good form, it always begs the question why 'Chinese Democracy' hasn't been released as of yet?

It's coming. Everyone's going to feel really dumb when they finally get it. The whole world is going to go "God, why did we care so much?" He's just making it the best that it can be. He's got his own time frame, and it's his record. That's the biggest thing we laugh about together, because it's so funny to hear that people are mad at him because he doesn't put out his record. It's his fuckin' record (laughs). Make your' own record if you want one!

You obviously have a good relationship with him.... I get a feeling that he has difficulty trusting people?

Well, I've spent about three years of my life on the road with him and that's a lot of gigs. I know he doesn't do too many interviews, at least I haven't read too many with him. There was something on his website www.gunsnroses.com that I knew he had written, where he talked about 'Angel Down'. I was just staring at my computer screen and couldn't believe what I was reading. I'm thinking "how can this be true!" It was just incredible.

I love the cover of 'Back in the Saddle'. How did you get Messrs Perry and Tyler's blessing for that?

Axl called Steve Tyler while we were recording it. He just goes (does Axl impression) "we gotta call Steven" and he just dialled the number in his cell phone and handed me the phone. I had been screaming all day and my voice was really high and Steven said "Sebastian, at least you haven't lost your high end!" Then he asked "who's on bass for Back in the Saddle?" I thought - who's on bass? Why? Then somebody told me that there are notes in the bass line of 'Back in the Saddle' that you can't hit on a four string. Steven was very concerned about that, so I told him that our bass player Steve DiGiorgio played a fretless bass on the whole record, and he said "oh, ok, that's good" and he was very pleased about that. But I just thought it was so cool that Steven Tyler's first concern was the bass line ... he was all fired up about the bass (laughs). Then Joey Kramer called me at home and said he'd heard the cover and thought it was absolutely amazing.

I was really impressed with your bassist Rob De Luca last year - have you replaced him?

Rob does the live shows. He does a fabulous job and you can see him on the DVD. By the way, every copy of 'Angel Down' in the UK comes with a DVD called 'Roadrage'. It's an hour long hilarious DVD that features five songs live on the Guns 'n Roses tour and it's incredibly high quality. It also features the making of the CD Angel Down and we're so proud of it. When you see it you'll know why, it's just funny and it's nice to make a new DVD.

If I understand it correctly, the DVD was shot by your wife?

One part of it was. The tour of the studio Sound City in Hollywood CA is shot by my wife, the hostess with the mostest.

I don't want to depress you but attempts were made to pick up a copy today on Oxford Street, and it wasn't available at all.

Oh, that's bullshit, but I have no control over stuff like that. It certainly doesn't make me happy hearing that sort of thing. I've got it, though (laughs). Now we're playing with Poison in front of about 20,000 people per night and we're selling it at the shows and I'm autographing them every night, so it does exist (laughs). That does suck, though. What did the dude at the store say?

He said they hadn't been sent out yet by the distributors, but it's a well known fact that Britain doesn't work.

Well, if I base your comment on Heathrow Airport, then I would agree with you. Heathrow is a fuckin' nightmare (much laughter)

Talking about airports, I believe you had a rough time trying to get to Swedenrock this year. We were disappointed not to have seen you.

Oh, my God, it was a nightmare. There was nothing I could do about it. I have never cancelled a show in my life; I have never missed a show. That was the Swedish government ... when the connecting flights were booked too close to each other, we simply missed the connection because the authorities made us go through customs again and re-check all of our instruments and our backdrop and our wardrobe. The whole tour was in the airport, and they just laughed when they saw all our stuff. They said there's no way you're getting on this flight. That was the Swedish government's fault. But we played at a festival (Sauna Open Air) two days later in Tampere, Finland in front of about 20,000 with Whitesnake, Scorpions, Children of Bodom, Testament, Joe Lynn Turner, Graham Bonnet. It was awesome; totally incredible. You can see some video clips of that on YouTube, and the crowd is out of their minds. So Sweden's loss was Finland's gain.

Well, we know from history that there is a lot of rivalry between the two countries anyway...

For some unknown reason, Swedenrock insisted that we played at 1 o'clock in the afternoon of the first day. We played there three years ago at 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and it was one of the biggest attended shows of the festival, so I don't know why they wanted us on so early. If they'd let us go on at 3 pm or something we probably could have made it, but they said (imitates Swedish accent) "this is not possible". I can guarantee you that we'd have had a big crowd.

Back to touring - do you think you'll visit us in the UK, even if our country doesn't work?

Well, I get asked that a lot, but the bands don't decide. We need to wait for the promoters to make an offer. We do want to come there definitely ... probably in the Fall, because we're booked in the USA and Canada until September at least. The last time I played the UK was 2006 with Guns n Roses and Bullet for my Valentine and I like to play the big stages - that's the level I want to stay at.

Well, let's hope you get the right amount of promotion so you can still do the big shows. Now to the USA. Ten years ago you said in an interview "Skid Row fans are not Poison fans. I never saw any Poison shirts at Skid Row shows. It's all Pantera, Anthrax, Crue, Kiss, Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses - good rock bands." Now you're going out for 2 months in the US with Poison. Has your opinion changed since then?

Well, number one, I was wrong (laughs). There are definitely the same people that like both bands. That has been made very clear to me over the last month. The real reason I said that wasn't necessarily a personal attack on Poison. Ten years ago was when you heard nothing but "hair bands, 80's rock, Nirvana's killing all your bands, Poison and Skid Row are done for because of grunge, blah blah," I hated answering for 25 or 30 other bands that I didn't even know. It was always the same interview questions, so if you back me into a corner like a wild dog I'll start biting, that's part of my personality. If somebody wants to fuck with me, then I'll say things I don't mean or that I shouldn't say or I'd just get aggressive. That's part of my Norwegian Viking heritage (laughs) Anyway, ten years ago, I'm sure we all said things that we regret, or were not correct about, and that was one of them.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54524288&blogID=421849009

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #795 on: August 07, 2008, 01:33:16 PM »

http://www.theaquarian.com/artistfeatures.php?aid=520

If this has been mentioned before then please remove
"Is there a chance of seeing him on this tour, as a guest?

I don?t think you?ll be seeing him coming out on this tour, no. But we?ve talked about me and him doing some more shows, possibly around Christmas time. There?s nothing confirmed yet, but that could happen in the future. But in the meantime I?ll see you at PNC and Jones Beach! Whoo?ee! "
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:35:46 PM by stvyrayvhn » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #796 on: August 07, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »

http://www.theaquarian.com/artistfeatures.php?aid=520

If this has been mentioned before then please remove
"Is there a chance of seeing him on this tour, as a guest?

I don?t think you?ll be seeing him coming out on this tour, no. But we?ve talked about me and him doing some more shows, possibly around Christmas time. There?s nothing confirmed yet, but that could happen in the future. But in the meantime I?ll see you at PNC and Jones Beach! Whoo?ee! "

'

That is interesting...I hope it's true. yes

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #797 on: August 08, 2008, 05:32:11 AM »

Part of me feels really bad when all they ask Baz is a bunch of Axl questions. Baz is better than being Axl's publicist.

Pretty cool story about Calling up Steven Tyler.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #798 on: August 09, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »

Sebastian Bach loves livin' and rockin' in Jersey

August 7, 2008

You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy. And nobody knows that better than Sebastian Bach.

The former Skid Row frontman has toured the world many times over and originally is from Canada, but it is bucolic Central Jersey that he's called home for nearly 20 years.

"I've lived in this home longer than any other structure my whole life," says the 40-year-old father of three about his digs, which sit on 4 1/2 acres in Lincroft. "People are like, "How can this exist so close to New York?' And I'm like, "It's New Jersey, dude!' "

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone more excited about the Garden State than Bach, who goes wild when his Tuesday, Aug. 12, gig in Holmdel ? his first ever ? is brought up.

"I am so happy to say that for the first time, you will hear "18 and Life' ? the New Jersey anthem ? sung by the dude who sang it on the record in New Jersey at PNC Bank Arts Center," he says effusively.

Bach is touring in support of his solo album "Angel Down," which features Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose on three songs.

"It's very unbelievable that (Rose) would come back to the rock scene on my solo record," he says. "I love the man."

But Bach's connection to country doesn't begin and end with his Monmouth County home ? it extends to music, too: The rocker competes against Lorenzo Lamas, Sean Young, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick and Mikalah Gordon for the title of country star on CMT's reality show "Gone Country 2" beginning Friday, Aug. 15. And don't for one minute think that he's out of his element there, either.

"My mom raised me on Willie Nelson," he confesses. But the influence works both ways. Just ask Carrie Underwood: The "American Idol" winner has performed the Skid Row classic "I Remember You" live in concert numerous times.

"If you could've told me in 1988 that in 20 years "I Remember You' would be a country music staple, I would have said you're out of your mind," swears Bach, who adds that it's available on YouTube.

These days, in addition to making music, touring and goin' country, Bach spends his time raising his three children, who range in age from 1 to 20. And as the parent of a musician (his son, Paris, is the drummer of Jersey-based band Severed Hand), Bach says he understands the importance of striking a balance between being a father and a bandmate ? a reality he believes is lost on other rockers.

"It's astonishing to me that Eddie Van Halen would put his 16-year-old kid and just make him the bass player of Van Halen," he says. "Talk about not paying your dues. . . You're 16 and there's nowhere to go from there but down, really."

While Bach is proud of his eldest son's accomplishments, it's the simple life that he has a true appreciation for these days.

"(Recently) I went to my 14-year-old's graduation at Brookdale (Community College) with the rest of the parents, and I was just happy I have a normal kid who digs video games and skateboards," he says.

All of the television gigs, reality TV appearances and theater stints he's done over the years aside, Bach says he only has one true love.

"I think that God put me here to sing," he says. "That might sound pretentious or something, but that's really what I feel. And I just try to do that as much as I can."

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080807/ENTERTAINMENT01/808070308/-1/rss10

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #799 on: August 13, 2008, 08:25:30 PM »

Aug. 14, 2008 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

Former Skid Row front man Sebastian Bach is taking a break from jamming with Axl Rose, appearing on reality television and recording to bang his head on tour with Poison and Dokken.

Bach, who performs with that tour in Phoenix on Aug. 24, checked in from his tour bus to talk about his latest solo album, Angel Down, and rocking two decades after he debuted with Skid Row.

Question: Judging from recent concert reviews, it seems you are as enthusiastic as ever about performing.

Answer: When you're 19, you think you're invincible; you assume you can destroy the world. When you're 40 and you're playing sold-out arenas and have a brand new CD in the stores, it means even more. I couldn't be happier.

Q: Are you happy with how Angel Down turned out?

A: Angel Down is more what I expect of myself and what the fans expect of me. In a lot of the songs, I sound real young, and it's really astonishing, the way I've lived my life and how I've beat the (expletive) out of myself for 20 years. (laughs) On a couple of songs, like You Don't Understand and By Your Side, I sound like a little boy, and I have to laugh. I plan on singing for the rest of my life, so get used to it.

Q: You and Axl sound like you are having fun on Aerosmith's Back in the Saddle Again on the new CD.

A: I hadn't planned on doing any covers, but (producer) Roy (Z.) suggested Back in the Saddle. I've always loved the song and Aerosmith. But I wasn't convinced until I heard my band play it (in rehearsal). . . . I put my feet up, cracked open a Modelo Especial, and my band started playing. I was freaking out, and I ran into the vocal booth with the beer in my hand and just went for it, old-school. A lot of that first take is in there.

Q: Axl also appears on two other tracks - Stuck Inside and Love Is a (Expletive). Are you guys close?

A: I'm a fan. Everybody is waiting for Chinese Democracy (the long-delayed Guns N' Roses project), and out of the blue Axl sings three songs on my solo record. It's unbelievable. At the end of the day, I'm a Skid Row and Guns N' Roses fan, and to have me and Axl together, screaming and singing . . . blows my mind.

Q: You sang on one track for Chinese Democracy. How did that come about?

A: Axl had a Christmas party at his place in Malibu (in 2006). He was cranking Chinese Democracy and I was playing pinball and I was singing a harmony to the chorus of this song, Sorry. Axl ran up to me and said, "Dude that sounds (expletive) awesome!" The very next week . . . we scheduled a session at Electric Lady Studios (in New York). It's slow, "doomy," heavy song.

Q: What did the Chinese Democracy tracks you heard sound like?

A: It's epic, it's very big. It's like those songs Estranged and November Rain, the giant theatrical sound, but behind the beat is the swagger of Appetite (For Destruction).

Q: Does it bug you to see Skid Row touring with someone basically imitating you?

A: Yeah, it bugs me, because entertainment in 2008, as my manager tells me, is about branding. And the brand Skid Row has been wrecked by what they're doing.

Q: You've done lots of work in reality television. Do you still enjoy it?

A: I look at television as a way of promoting my name so people can get turned on to my music. Gone Country 2 on CMT is my latest show. . . . I'm living in Barbara Mandrell's mansion with Jermaine Jackson of the Jackson 5 as my roommate. Across the hall is Lorenzo Lamas with Chris (Kirkpatrick) of 'N Sync, and next to them is Sean Young from Blade Runner and Stripes. Who thinks this stuff up? (Laughs)

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/music/articles/2008/08/14/20080814bach.html

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: