Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:16:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283270 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #740 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

If he pushes "By Your Side" it will be a hit..

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #741 on: May 20, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »

Great gig, despite the lack of numbers in the crowd. Baz hit every note and screamed for an hour and a half. Very impressive. And man, was it loud. My ears are still ringing today.

He mentioned that Wayne Isham will be making the By Your Side video. He's made Metallica and Bon Jovi videos previously.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #742 on: May 20, 2008, 10:51:48 PM »

Last night was unreal. It nearly ended for me as it started. When the band started I had a headbang, as you do at a rock show, and a security guard grabbed me and told me to settle down or he was gunna kick me out. Fuckin wanker.
Apart from that it was brilliant. Had some beers with them after the show. They are such nice blokes.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
guns_n_motley
« Reply #743 on: May 21, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »

Great gig, despite the lack of numbers in the crowd. Baz hit every note and screamed for an hour and a half. Very impressive. And man, was it loud. My ears are still ringing today.

He mentioned that Wayne Isham will be making the By Your Side video. He's made Metallica and Bon Jovi videos previously.

thats awesome! if theres one song i want to see a video of from that cd By your side is it....plus maybe with alittle push he could get some radio play..
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #744 on: May 22, 2008, 12:21:12 AM »

Played for around an hour and 20 mins I think.

That's all? Geez, for a headlining tour that's dissapointing, only 20 mins over what he does opening for GnR.
To be honest, I would have loved to go to the show, but for what he was charging, not only am I not suprised about the poor attendance, but also glad I didn't pay that to get a short set.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #745 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »

Played for around an hour and 20 mins I think.

That's all? Geez, for a headlining tour that's dissapointing, only 20 mins over what he does opening for GnR.
To be honest, I would have loved to go to the show, but for what he was charging, not only am I not suprised about the poor attendance, but also glad I didn't pay that to get a short set.

Spewin' for you then dude. It was a really top show.  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #746 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:52 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Checks In From Australia - May 22, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach has issued the following update:

"Hello from Melbourne Australia! Well, I am happy to say we have the first show of the 'Angel Down Under Tour' under our belt, and what a show it was! This show was so important for so many reasons. We debuted a brand new set and the crowd went absolutely nuts! We cannot thank the audience in Sydney enough for starting our tour off on such an incredible note. We are doing a way different set than ever before, and the crowd response is more than we ever could have hoped for. We are so appreciative that you all dig 'Angel Down' and are letting us all get our rocks off musically on the stage! It's gonna be a great five months of touring coming up and we are already starting to put together ideas for the next record! I cannot thank you rock fans out there enough for your support, the future is wide open with you all behind us! See ya tonight Melbourne, get ready to tear it up!"

Bach is scheduled to perform several shows across Australia and Europe as well as take part in the "Live, Raw & Uncut Summer Tour 2008" with POISON and DOKKEN, covering 40 cities throughout the USA.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #747 on: May 28, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: Perth Concert Footage Available - May 28, 2008

Fan-filmed video footage of SEBASTIAN BACH's May 27, 2008 concert at the Burswood Theatre in Perth, Australia can be viewed below.

Bach has a three more shows left to do in Australia before he makes it over to Europe for a handful of gigs, including a couple of festival appearances. He will then take part in the "Live, Raw & Uncut Summer Tour 2008" with POISON and DOKKEN, covering 40 cities throughout the USA.

In a recent interview with Behind The Amps, Bach was asked if he feels that his band has a little extra to prove, to show fans that it's not a group that rests on the past, and it has more to offer with new music. "Well, in a word, YES," Sebastian responded. "I know for a fact that a lot of people will be coming to see me with POISON, expecting to here a little bit of old songs, and that's not what they're gonna hear. So one thing I like about rock 'n' roll, is it is all about self-expression, nobody can tell me what to say, nobody can tell me what to sing, and I'm gonna give 'Angel Down', the record, everything I've got. That means, playing it all summer long, for as long as I can. I'm not out there to 'Remember yesterday, Walkin' hand in hand,' even though that's my song, my intention is to focus on the new record, definitely."

Video here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=97914

chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #748 on: June 03, 2008, 08:14:40 AM »

I love Baz and the Skids since the very beginning.

No one, but no one can stick their foot in their mouth like Baz can..." I'm not out there to 'Remember yesterday, Walkin' hand in hand,' even though that's my song". Then the first clip from his new show is "I remember you".

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #749 on: June 03, 2008, 08:31:28 AM »

I don't think Baz meant that he wasn't going to play his old hits.  Just that he wanted to feature his new material more prominently.  Is his setlist heavy on Angel Down, or mixed?

I remember Slash saying he didn't want to play Guns tunes anymore, yet retracted that and continued to play them.  Sometimes you have to play songs the fans want to hear.  Unless you're Bruce Springsteen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #750 on: June 03, 2008, 09:04:37 AM »

I don't think Baz meant that he wasn't going to play his old hits.  Just that he wanted to feature his new material more prominently.  Is his setlist heavy on Angel Down, or mixed?

Baz played heaps of songs off Angel Down and of the few Skid Row tunes he did play were mainly the big hits.
I was glad he played allot of his new album, because I think it's great, and it sounded killer live.

As far as ratio of new stuff /Skid Row stuff that his setlist consisted of, I'd say it was 60% Angel Down, 40% Skid Row.
Good mix of old and new.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #751 on: June 03, 2008, 02:34:52 PM »

I remember Slash saying he didn't want to play Guns tunes anymore, yet retracted that and continued to play them.  Sometimes you have to play songs the fans want to hear.  Unless you're Bruce Springsteen.

I totally agree he has to play I remember you, it would be like Motley not playing Home Sweet Home. But why say "I'm not out there...". It makes him sound like a tool. I love Angel Down and good for him that people are digging it. It goes back to being so pissed off that his band is associated with Poison that he walked off a TV interview. Slagging Skid Row for going on Tour with Poison a few years back and now going out with them himself. Like I said I love Baz, he's one my favourite singers/frontmen but fuck he says alot of shit that comes back to make him look like an idiot...it would be better to say "yeah dude we will be playing alot of new stuff but we have to play some of the ol' Classics". 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #752 on: June 05, 2008, 11:53:16 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Cancels SWEDEN ROCK Appearance - June 5, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach was forced to cancel his appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival in S?lvesborg, Sweden earlier today (Thursday, June 5) after scheduling difficulties prevented the singer and his band from making it to the festival site in time for their performance. An official statement is expected soon.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98441

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #753 on: June 05, 2008, 03:16:06 PM »

Apparently their luggage was stuck somewhere and the band got stuck in Stockholm.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapple81
« Reply #754 on: June 07, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »

Angel Down is probably my most listened to new album in a long long time - just love it!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #755 on: June 08, 2008, 02:26:40 AM »

Yep I listened to Angel Down today and I still can't believe it didnt' catch on with hard rock fans.    Its one of the better albums of 2007.   Glad you aussie guys got to see baz.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #756 on: June 09, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: Footage From SAUNA OPEN AIR Available - June 9, 2008

Fan-filmed video footage of Sebastian Bach performing the song "By Your Side" on June 7, 2008 at the Sauna Open Air festival in Tampere, Finland can be viewed below (clip uploaded by YouTube user "7Taline7").

As previously reported, Sebastian Bach was forced to cancel his appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival in S?lvesborg, Sweden last Thursday (June 5) after scheduling difficulties prevented the singer and his band from making it to the festival site in time for their performance.

Bach has just completed a short run of European dates, and will next take part in the "Live, Raw & Uncut Summer Tour 2008" with POISON and DOKKEN, covering 40 cities throughout the USA.

Video here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98694

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #757 on: June 10, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Explains SWEDEN ROCK Cancellation - June 10, 2008

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on June 5, former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach was forced to cancel that day's appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival in S?lvesborg, Sweden after scheduling difficulties prevented the singer and his band from making it to the festival site in time for their performance. Bach has since issued the following explanation for the cancellation:

"The road. What a twisted tale it weaves. You can never, ever predict what will happen when you step out on the long and winding road. Yesterday [June 5] was a perfect example of this.

"We were booked for five shows in Europe this month solely because of the chance to play Sweden Rock, an incredible festival in S?lvesborg, Sweden, for the second time. The first time we played there, in 2005 was one of the greatest shows of our career. To be asked back for a second time was an easy 'yes' from us; we were so excited to play for all the 35,000 or so Sweden rockers and also hang out with and watch all the other great bands on the bill.

"When it was publicized that we were playing Sweden Rock, all of a sudden we got offers to play in Oslo, Norway; Tallinn, Estonia; Tampere, Finland; and Oulu, Finland. We accepted all of these shows, all booked around the big one, Sweden Rock. After two weeks in Australia, playing five shows in Europe before the big summer USA tour seemed like the perfect thing to do.

"But you can never predict what the road has in store.

"Basically, there was no way to pull this off. Touring Europe these days means flying from gig to gig. That means checking all guitars, basses, drums, merch, sound racks, backdrops, band luggage, everything you see on the stage has to be checked in at every airport before and after each and every show. It is always a crapshoot to see if you will actually get all your gear on the other side. If you have a connecting flight, you are at the mercy of baggage handlers at each airport to load up all your gear in time to make the connecting flight. Heathrow in London UK is the absolute worst for this. Every time we have flown to Heathrow, they have lost bags, kept us in a 'holding pattern' above the airport so long that we invariably miss our connecting flight, tell us our carry on luggage is 'too big' and must now be checked (even though we flew with the carry ons from Australia, New York, L.A., or further with no problem whatsoever). I actually dread all airports now, but Heathrow is without a doubt the worst in the world.

"So, we go onstage in Oslo [on June 4] at 10:00 p.m. We are due to be onstage at Sweden Rock the next day at 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon. There is only one flight that leaves from Norway in time for us to make this stage time. The only way we can do it is if we catch the 6:15 a.m. flight to Stockholm, and then catch the 8:15 a.m. connecting flight to Ronneby, Sweden, the closest airport to Sweden Rock, then drive straight to the stage, play the show, then drive straight back to airport to fly to Tallinn, Estonia for our next night's show at The Old Monastery Yard . There is only one flight from Sweden to Estonia each day, at 6:00 p.m. If you miss that, you have to wait till the next day at 6 to fly again! It's not like America where there are flights everywhere hour on the hour. This schedule left no time to sleep and no room for error. We made no errors and still could not make the 1:00 p.m. showtime at Sweden Rock.

"We finished the show in Oslo at 11:45 p.m. Lobby call for the drive to the Oslo airport was at an excruciating 3:45 a.m. That left me around a three-hour window to try and sleep before playing in front of 35,000 people in only a matter of hours. I did a runner back to the hotel, took two Tylenol PMs and actually did manage to get around two hours of sleep before my tour manager hammered on the door to wake me up. I got down to the lobby at 3:45 a.m., proud to see my band and crew all down there ready to go. They didn't get to sleep at all but were still packed and ready to go at that ungodly hour of the morning.

"We got to the Oslo airport and I was so proud we made the 6:15 am flight to Sweden. Checking all the stage gear etc. took an hour at least, but we made it and were ready to rock come 1:00 p.m. This was gonna be a great day. So I thought.

"When we got to Stockholm, we knew we were fucked. We had only 45 minutes to get to our connecting flight, the only flight available that would get us to Sweden Rock in time for the show at 1:00 p.m. Then the proverbial 'ball' dropped. We were told by airport staff that we had to go to baggage claim, get all our luggage, stage gear and instruments, take all the luggage and gear through customs, then RE-CHECK all the gear again! In only 45 minutes.

"We then knew that we were truly fucked.

"Of course, the lines at customs and 'baggage drop' were endless. We ran from terminal to terminal, dripping in sweat, sleep-deprived, not wanting to face the fact we might miss the show we had based all the other shows in Europe around! When we finally got through Swedish customs it was around 8:00 a.m. The plane was to leave in 15 minutes. We pleaded with airport staff to let us check our gear in time to make the flight, but, of course, they did not care. At about 8:10 a.m. we realized there was no physical way we could get to the Sweden Rock stage by 1:00 p.m. We called the festival and pleaded with them to let us go on later that 1:00 p.m . We were met with a gruff, 'This is not possible.'

"I have no idea why we were given the 1:00 p.m. slot on the first day of the festival, especially considering that we played at around 3 or 4 in the afternoon last time and were one of the biggest-attended shows on the bill that day. Why they wanted us to go onstage at 1:00 p.m. is still a complete mystery to all of us.

"The festival was adamant that we get to the gig, even if we had to rent a private plane, but when we asked to just let us go on a little later in the day so we could make it happen, they just kept saying, 'This is not possible.' Well, getting to Sweden Rock by 1:00 p.m. was definitely 'not possible.' There was no physical way for us to make that stage time, by flying, driving, or any combination thereof. If we could have gone onstage at 2:00 p.m., or 3 or 4 like the last time we played there, it would have been an incredible show just like 2005. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be.

"I want to say 'sorry' to all the fans in Sweden... but we tried our best to get to you to play. We probably should not have accepted the Oslo show in the first place, but we had no foresight into what was going to happen in the Stockholm airport.

"Good news: as I write this in Estonia, tonight's [June 6] show in Tallinn is gonna be a sell-out. We are playing outdoors in the ancient ruins of a castle, and it is one of the coolest venues I have ever seen. It will be packed and guess what... I have never even heard of the country 'Estonia.' You can never predict what will happen on the road!

"All I can say is, I cannot WAIT to get on a tour bus this summer on the road with POISON all across America.

"Airports fucking SUCK. We are supposed to be 'on the road,' not 'in the air.' I just can't wait to tumble out of my bunk, hang out with my bros on the bus, roll down the highway, watch some movies, buy useless junk at truck stops, and NOT SEE AN AIRPORT from June till September!!! Yes, this is my dream come true.

"See you soon, USA! See you soon, TOUR BUS!!! Goodbye to AIRPORTS/ CUSTOMS / SECURITY / MISSED SHOWS... Hello the long and winding road of the USA. We certainly do miss ya!!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98747

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #758 on: June 10, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »

When I read about them being stuck at the airport in Stockholm, I was a bit surprised.

Oslo to Sweden Rock is about 7-8 hours by car.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #759 on: June 10, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »

I like to know if anyone have bootlegs from this tour?? damn I want to hear stabbin daggers live!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: