Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:34:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283418 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #660 on: February 21, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH, STAM1NA, EL?KEL?ISET Confirmed For Finland's SAUNA OPEN AIR Festival - Feb. 21, 2008

SEBASTIAN BACH, STAM1NA and EL?KEL?ISET have been confirmed for the Sauna Open Air metal festival, set to take place June 6-8 in Tampere, Finland.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

WHITESNAKE
SEBASTIAN BACH
TESTAMENT
GRAHAM BONNET & JOE LYNN TURNER
CHILDREN OF BODOM
SONATA ARCTICA
EL?KEL?ISET
STAM1NA
MOKOMA
AMORPHIS
DIABLO
WHEN THE EMPIRE FALLS
MOONMADNESS
WIDESCREEN MODE
KYPCK

Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 22 via www.lippupalvelu.fi.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #661 on: February 24, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »

In a recent interview with "The Classic Metal Show", ex-SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach addressed claims by his former bandmates that he had very little songwriting input during his time with the group. An excerpt from the chat follows:

The Classic Metal Show: With "Angel Down" [Sebastian's new solo album], you put down a whole lot of rumors that were out there. I don't want to say they were started by your past band, because I don't know where I heard them from, to be honest. I just remember reading that you couldn't write songs, that you couldn't sing anymore. You've clearly put all of that stuff to bed.

Sebastian Bach: "Yeah, well, those guys are liars, for one thing. To say that I don?t write songs is such a hilarious thing to say. All you've got to do is look at the back of the records to see who wrote the songs. It's like? I don't know what to say. When I walk around the house in 1991 with a dictaphone, a little tape deck, and I'm humming the riff to 'Slave To The Grind', going 'Here's a cool riff.' And then I go into the rehearsal room and I go, 'Hey, play this. Here?s a drum beat (makes drum beat). Here's a fuckin? melody (sings the melody).' How the fuck is that not writing a song? I wrote 'Wasted Time', every single word of the song. It's just weird that they would say that, because they know that it's not true. Here's the deal. Those guys in that band, all they ever say is how much they hate me and they hate the old band and we never got along. There's a real brilliant marketing strategy. Let's be SKID ROW and tell everybody how much we hate SKID ROW. There's a great idea. What the fuck?! I LOVE SKID ROW. I AM SKID ROW! I can guarantee you out of all five guys in that band, the original band, I'm the only one walking down the street that people pull their car over and go, 'Hey, SKID ROW, motherfucker! Yeah! Alright! Yeah! Dude! SKID ROW!' I can guarantee you that none of them get that, ever! And I get it everywhere I go [and I will] until the day I die. People hanging out of their windows screaming 'SKID ROW,' walking through the mall going, 'Hey, fuckin' SKID ROW, dude.' I can guarantee you that none of those other guys get that, 100%. And I can?t leave the house without that happening at least a couple of times a day. I can't even go in my driveway without people screaming that shit. 'SKID ROW, dude! Yeah!' You can call it what you want, but all I've gotta say is when you listen to 'Angel Down', and then you listen to the stuff they put out without me, you can hear who the rock 'n' roll fan is. You know, I'm not going to release a country single anytime soon. I'm not going to release a punk rock version of '18 And Life' any-fuckin'-time ever soon. You know, that's not me, dude. I think it sounds good the way it is. I guess I'm real hard to work with or something. [Laughs]"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #662 on: March 02, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'At The End Of The Day, I Have To Love It Or I'm Not Doing It' - Feb. 29, 2008

Adam Williams of PopMatters recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

PopMatters: With major labels on the decline and a lot of artists like yourself releasing their own material ... when you go in and record something like "Angel Down", is your focus on how and what to record different from 10, 15 or 20 years ago?

Bach: Absolutely not, no, not at all. Never. I'm a real ... people can say I got a big ego, or that I'm hard to work with, and that all is probably, definitely true, because if I didn't love rock 'n' roll so much ... You're literally hearing my love of rock 'n' roll on this record, that's what you're hearing. You're hearing me lay it all out, man, in a world where an album like this is extremely rare, and is only going to become more rare. And the reason is ... I know how to sing because I've been doing this all of my life. These kids that think that getting on "American Idol" and doing a cover version one time is going to make you a star, that's not gonna ... you know, the way I do it, is really, it's like a muscle. I know how to do it ... it's just like, it's a talent, you know what I mean? Like M?TLEY CR?E are better now than they ever were. They've been doing it for 30 years. We used to think, "I hope I die before I get old," but people like AEROSMITH, the STONES, KISS ? they've all proven that music is something that you get better at if you know what you're doing. And that's what I hear in "Angel Down", I hear me more mature and stronger than I was when I was a little kid. That's what I hear; it's a man. It's like the difference between a man's album and a little boy's album.

PopMatters: Over the process of the whole project coming together, with the ups and the downs, did you ever have a concern that the album would lack any consistency?

Bach: Yes, definitely. Definitely. Great question. If you really research things, Classic Rock asked me about five years ago, 'What's taking so long?' And my answer was, well, I've played with all of these different guys, and my challenge is to put this together and make it sound like one record because it's done with all of these different people. The guy looked at me like I was nuts, but you know exactly what I'm talking about. And the guy that really made it cohesive, one unique, unified sound is obviously Roy Z. He's the producer, and he knows how to produce a record. And the players on my album are super duper heavy metal guys ... Steve DiGiorgio, Metal Mike [Chlasciak], Bobby [Jarzombek], are all metal guys. So we already had "American Metalhead", "Negative Light", "Take You Down With Me", "Angel Down", we had all the really heavy songs. And then Roy said, "Dude, this is killer, you need straight up rock.' And I did not know what he meant, because if you're the artist, you are way too close to everything. And then he goes, "What do you think of this?" and he pulls out a guitar and plays me the riff to "(Love Is) A Bitchslap", and I go, "Oh yeah!" I go, "Wow! That's cool!" 'Cause it's not wimpy, it's heavy. It's cool. It's rock.

PopMatters: With the undercurrent of real metal power throughout this album ... you have a ballad in there, what have you ... but did you expect the album to come out as heavy as it did?

Bach: I guess if you're not a musician, you have one aspect, or one way that you think that you make records. It's so not an exact science, it's like, I go in there with nothing, like I'm just walking around, you know what I mean? Like, just ideas ... I mean, how do you totally make something that is going to please everybody? It's virtually impossible, because how do you guess what everybody wants to hear? All I can do is make something that I like, that's all I can do. Because then I can stand by it. You know? Then no matter what, if I can listen to it myself, I won't go mentally insane. Like at the end of the day, I have to love it or I'm not doing it. And I love this album, and I've never had a record in my life that's got the reviews that this record's got. None of the SKID ROW albums got reviewed this good. I'm not saying that to put them down, I have the reviews [laughs]. That's all you can do as a musician. What are you suppose to do, take a poll from everybody? That's all you can do is make something that you dig and hope everybody else digs it.

Read the entire interview at www.popmatters.com.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #663 on: March 06, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH To Guest On 'The Jason Ellis Show' Today - Mar. 6, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach will guest on "The Jason Ellis Show" on Sirius Satellite Radio's Faction (channel 28) today (Thursday, March 6) at around 5:15 p.m. EST.

Blabbermouth.net

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #664 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:29 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH To Guest On 'Uncensored Net Noise' Tomorrow - Mar. 6, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach will be one of the featured guests on the "Uncensored Net Noise" show on Friday, March 7 at 9:30 p.m. EST. Also scheduled to appear is FEAR FACTORY drummer Raymond Herrera.

You can listen to the program live via the Internet at this location: http://www.morningshowcentral.com/joomla/

Blabbermouth.net

Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #665 on: March 06, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »

Damn, Angel Down is awesome, I can't stop listening to it, best thing
Bach has ever done!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #666 on: March 07, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »

Yup, I was quite surprised by it. It blew me away.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #667 on: March 08, 2008, 12:42:37 AM »

POISON, SEBASTIAN BACH, DOKKEN To Team Up For Summer Tour - Mar. 8, 2008

POISON, SEBASTIAN BACH and DOKKEN will team up for a U.S. tour this summer. POISON will headline the trek, with SEBASTIAN BACH and DOKKEN rotating the opening slot. So far only one date has been revealed: Saturday, August 23 at the Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk in Universal City, California.

Blabbermouth.net

guns_n_motley
« Reply #668 on: March 08, 2008, 07:46:04 AM »

what the hell?? but sebastian bach HATES poison?? i guess Money talks if he was offered alot of $$
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #669 on: March 08, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »

I guess that's the BIG tour he was talking about.  I doubt Baz is a big fan of Poison, but business-wise this would probably be a good deal for him.

According to his website Sebastian WAS on Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable yesterday.  I missed it because I didn't know about it, but they're replaying it tomorrow night so I've got it set to tape.

Sebastian Bach
Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable

Sunday, March 9 @ 10pm

Description:
Sebastian Bach Bach on Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable Howard 101 Sirius Radio
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:44:04 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2008, 12:18:51 PM »

Wow.  Going from opening for GnR to opening for Poison?  Still, I'm glad Sebastian will be touring to support Angel Down, and I wish him the best...
Getizzyback
Headliner

Gotta Lite? FUc.....

« Reply #671 on: March 08, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »

Great news, maybe Axl will make a surprise appearence and sing
Love is a Bitchslap with Baz...haha, yea right, well still good news!

Anyone here need a "Banned aid"?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #672 on: March 09, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »

Fuck this, I love Baz and I love Angel Down, but no way in Axl's name am I gonna go see Poison and Dokken!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #673 on: March 09, 2008, 06:42:14 PM »

id say dokken would be worth seeing if they still had george lynch on guitar...he owns.

Poison id love to see live, they look they put on really fun shows!

ive already seen bach live Wink he gets my seal of approval.

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #674 on: March 09, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »

it will be a cool tour

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #675 on: March 10, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'I Just Got A Phone Call That Literally Changed My Life' - Mar. 9, 2008

DJ Scully of Smartass Radio conducted an interview with Sebastian Bach on Wednesday, March 5. The entire 25-minute chat is available for streaming and download at this location: http://www.smartassradio.com/audio.htm#sb

Blabbermouth.net

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #676 on: March 10, 2008, 05:15:27 PM »

what the fuck  hihi that phonecall just got to be from axl rofl guess we'll see in the upcoming weeks Tongue

you don't understand is so fucking awesome
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #677 on: March 10, 2008, 09:04:47 PM »

Maybe he's joining GN'R as a back-up singer. rofl

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #678 on: March 11, 2008, 07:09:01 AM »

Maybe he's joining GN'R as a back-up singer. rofl

i know you're joking but , it's reasonable that axl would be happy so he called and said that all negotiations are done and all that shit and that axl'll announce some shit in the upcoming weeks.. and when they go on tour baz will open again, because in my conspiracy ears i heard a very little hint about that since i think he talked about that phonecall could change the whole thing around (that is not touring with poison but with gnr instead).. although what seems to be reasonable never happens Tongue i might need to listen to it again, probably unnecessarity but still

what kind of a call could it possibly be about if it wasn't that? baz was all excited still kinda secretive, the radiohost should have al least asked baz since he is pretty generous with his mouth hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2008, 09:44:44 PM »

I guess that's the BIG tour he was talking about.  I doubt Baz is a big fan of Poison, but business-wise this would probably be a good deal for him.

According to his website Sebastian WAS on Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable yesterday.  I missed it because I didn't know about it, but they're replaying it tomorrow night so I've got it set to tape.

Sebastian Bach
Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable

Sunday, March 9 @ 10pm

Description:
Sebastian Bach Bach on Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable Howard 101 Sirius Radio

I listened to the Howard Stern Superfan Roundtable the other night with Sebastian on.  It was pretty cool.  Sebastian was on fire.  He would be great on the actual Howard Stern show.  He mentioned Axl a bunch and was promoting himself and the album.  I'm not a regular listener of the Superfan Roundtable (actually it was the first one I listened too), but I guess it's a show geared to superfans so they typically only talk about things related to the Stern show.  You could tell the guys running the show would steer Sebastian back to Stern show topics when he veered off.  Seriously, he mentioned Axl a couple times and no one ever picked up on that and further discussed that point.  It was a cool appearance though, I really don't know why Howard won't have him on the real show.  I think he'd be a great guest.  And most of the people that post on www.sternfannetwork seem to agree.
http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?s=f74dd0281369cd32d68420c7f099e049&threadid=343894&perpage=15&pagenumber=7

Just a few examples
- Sebastian Bach just walked in HOLY FUCK! 

- Arguably the biggest "name" in the history of the show, other than when Howard called in early on.

- The Superfan Roundtable gets better guests than Howard does. Sebastian Bach is cooler than ANY guest the show had this week.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: