Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:24:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283521 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #600 on: December 11, 2007, 07:43:24 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Says He Is 'Tired' Of Talking About SKID ROW - Dec. 9, 2007

Cindy Scull and Robert Miguel of the Dallas, Texas radio station 93.3 The Bone conducted an interview with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach on November 30, 2007. The chat ? which can be heard in its entirety on Cindy and Robert's MySpace page ? got off on the wrong foot, with Bach voicing his objection over a SKID ROW poster that was apparently hanging on a studio wall and taking issue with Cindy's opening question, which had to do with the long gap between Sebastian's solo releases. An excerpt from the interview follows:

Cindy: It's been eight years [since you released your last solo album]. Why the wait? What have you been doing? I know you've been acting and stuff. Did you take a break from music on purpose or did you not wanna release a solo album??

Sebastian: It's just like you? You just said to me that you've been playing my music for 20 years, and I walk in, and you've got a big SKID ROW poster in my face. It's like, I'm aware of 20 years ago. And then you ask me why I spend so long making it? It's like, I've gotta compete with this crap.

Robert: So, not big on SKID ROW then? Not into it still, huh?

Sebastian: Dude, why? Do you hang out with the guys you hung out with in '89?

Robert: Some of them, yeah.

Sebastian: I don't, so? That's you, that's me. It was a long time ago. I'm just really tired of it.

Robert: So you're tired of people associating you with a multi-platinum artist??

Sebastian: No, I'm just tired of talking about the old days. It's, like, boring to me.

Robert: First of all, you brought it up, though. You brought it up.

Sebastian: No, you brought it up with this right here [apparently slaps the SKID ROW poster that's hanging on the wall].

Robert: I didn't do that. But first of all? That band sold a lot of records. That was an album I bought on cassette for $7.99 at Sound Warehouse in Irving, Texas.

Sebastian: That's great. That's cool. I did this interview 20 years ago, though, in this town. [Laughs]

Robert: Well, we haven't even started the interview yet and you're already bagging on the band.

Sebastian: No, I'm not. I'm just over it, dude. Whatever? I don't know what to tell you.

The entire interview can be heard in two parts at this location (click on "Sebastian Bach Part 1" in the audio player).

Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted just under 20,000 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"Angel Down" was produced by Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST), and recorded at Sound City Studios and Under City Studios in Los Angeles, CA. Joining Bach in the studio were guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak and Johnny Chromatic, Bobby Jarzombek on drums, and Steve DiGiorgio on bass. GUNS N' ROSES' Axl Rose makes a special guest appearance contributing vocals on three of the album's songs ? "(Love is a) Bitchslap", a cover of AEROSMITH's "Back In the Saddle" and "Stuck Inside".

The cover art for "Angel Down" is an original painting by Bach's late father, the celebrated Canadian artist David Bierk who died in 2002. The painting, entitled "David Watching", was painted in 1990, so an emotional choice for Bach. Bierk also created the cover artwork for SKID ROW's 1991 album "Slave To The Grind", which Rolling Stone voted one of the top 5 album covers of the year. His paintings have been exhibited in art galleries all over North America.

Links here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86434

Ex-SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET clarifying the circumstances surrounding an interview he gave to the Dallas, Texas radio station 93.3 The Bone where appeared to be agitated over the mention of his former group's name.

The following statement from Sebastian Bach was released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier today (Tuesday, December 11):

"ALL of [the above] is true EXCEPT and this is a big 'except' THERE WAS NO SKID ROW POSTER ON THE STUDIO WALL!!! ALL OF THIS IS TRUE except where it says 'apparently!!!' [referring to the original BLABBERMOUTH.NET story that stated Bach 'apparently' slapped the SKID ROW poster on the wall ? Ed.] That's why it says 'apparently!!' Because 'apparently'... this is bullshit!

"Wow!

"Sorry to let the truth get in the way of this 'story,' but: There was NO 'SKID ROW' poster on the wall of this studio.

"Here is the truth of what happened:

"I flew to Texas to do radio interviews from New Jersey. Drove four hours to Dallas from San Antonio the night before this radio show. Got up at 5:30 a.m. to be in the hotel lobby at 6:30 a.m. On the air live in the studio at 7 a.m. Yes, I can get up at that hour. Dunno if I can really be 'awake,' but I can 'get up.' I am totally happy to do it. Happy to be given the opportunity to play 'Angel Down' for people; after all I worked on the CD for seven years. Appreciative to The Bone radio station for giving me the chance to get the word out on the new stuff! After all, that's why I flew to Texas and drove four hours to get up at 5:30 in the morning.

"When I get to the studio, I am directed to sit in one specific chair. In front of my chair is a webcam, focused on my chair only, streaming the interview live across the Internet, I am told. Behind my chair only, on an easel, is a SKID ROW promo poster. The poster is fastened to the easel, for this interview only, placed behind my chair, so that on the webcam/live Internet broadcast, the 'SKID ROW' logo is directly above my head, with my old bass player and guitar player's faces (from 1991) on either side of my face (in 2007!). To the left and right of my head. Almost as big as my own face!

"The DJ walks over to me, and the first thing she says to me is: 'Well, we're coming out of the commercial break, I have the SKID ROW all queued up, we'll come out of the commercial, go straight into SKID ROW, and...'

"There is only one problem. I am not in SKID ROW. I was fired from the band in 1996.

"So I politely, but firmly, say, 'I don't want to play SKID ROW.' I have no problem with anyone playing SKID ROW. But I don't have to be there for it. The reason I flew to Texas, and drove here from San Antonio, is because I have spent seven years working on a new CD called 'Angel Down'. Would it be possible if we could please play a song off the new CD?

"Before I sit down in my chair, I gently turn around the easel placed behind my head for the web broadcast. Being a collector of vintage rock artifacts myself, I was careful not to rip, or damage in any way, this cool, collectible poster. No 'SKID ROW' poster was apparently 'slapped on the wall'...... because there was NO 'SKID ROW' poster hanging on the wall!!!

"The TRUTH is: Legally, I am not allowed to say or use the name 'SKID ROW.' This is 'SKID ROW''s decision. Not mine. This is a legal issue, not me 'throwing a tantrum' or me showing symptoms of 'Lead Singer's Disease.' I have been told by 'SKID ROW''s lawyers to not use the name 'SKID ROW.' So I do what I am legally bound to do.... I legally cannot do a web broadcast with their logo over my head. So I simply turn the easel around, sit down in my chair, and try and shift the coversation into the year 2007.

It's not easy.

"It actually turned into a cool interview.

"I had a great time at The Bone.

"Click here to listen!

"What you don't read on the Internet: After the interview was done, I turned the easel back around and autographed the SKID ROW poster, to Cindy, the DJ. She was very appreciative, and nice.

"I will always love the work I did in SKID ROW. But I have not been in that band since 1996. 11 years. It's time to move on."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86575

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2007, 07:05:49 AM »

It took me a while but I got my copy of Angel Down the other day. I have always been a big fan of the Skids from way back. I was fuckin' pissed when Baz was no longer in the band. He just doesn't have the skills as a Songwriter, he is a hell of a fuckin singer and front man.

But this album is good. I'm rockin out again and that's all I was hoping/expecting anyway. Baz sound fuckin killer so does Axl (of course). Don't remember the title but #5 with Axl is just amazing.   

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »

so asking the people who lives in the states.. is "love is a bitchslap" played on the radio, is the one with axl played or what?

..also is there any word on when black betty with mick mars, joey kramer and DMC will be out or maybe it's out already?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:17:42 PM by CheapJules » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #603 on: December 15, 2007, 02:47:05 AM »

FYI for anyone who doesn't have it yet, newbury comics is selling the album for 10 bucks!

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=85128100134

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #604 on: December 17, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time Before You See Another CD From Me' - Dec. 17, 2007

by Matthew Hoffman
    Staff Writer

Matthew: Hey dude how are you doing?

Bach: Fine. How are you?

Matthew: I?m out west on business scheduling in my metal time to maintain my sanity. Well I guess the best place to begin is, I always liked Skid Row when I was in the Army because it was man enough not to be chastised by the other soldiers but smooth enough for the ladies not to hassle you for listening to it. And Sebastian, songs like ?Youth Gone Wild? and ?18 and Life,? were so good that all of us from all over the country saw them as our generations anthems! So I know it?s a taboo to bring up Skid Row (when you have new music) but you guys were amazing.

Bach: Right on dude, cool. Thank you

Matthew: I have always been a fan of the two most attractive things in a metal outfit, lead singer and especially the big time lead guitarist that would play spectacular leads and solos. I have heard hat you are a big fan of the guitar hero too. Is that true, and if so can you tell me who you liked the most?

Bach: My guitar hero as a kid was Ace Frehley. I loved the way he played hard but also with so much feel. And I don?t know what people say out there and people can argue that he?s not as fast as Yngwie for example, but Ace?s leads always hit me right in my heart. It?s not about being perfect technically it?s all about heart. He?s to be got to be number one to me. Um, are we going to talk about my new record at all cause if not I?m gonna go now.

Matthew: (Suddenly remembering how much Bach hates interviews) Dude, I wanted to ask you about a lot of topics to update your fans, but actually my next question is about the album. Hang in there with me. I was trying to lay the groundwork here a little bit. But I will speed it up. Can you speak about Metal Mike?s work on this record? I was pleasantly surprised to hear him pick it up and lay it down with such ferocity.

Bach: He is great. One of my favorite records in the past 15 years was Halford?s Resurrection, which Metal Mike played on. So I called him up and asked him if he was into forming a band. I am actually a big fan of Metal Mike?s playing.

Matthew: When I received the album in the mail I was not sure what to expect, and I was so happy it was truly heavy metal with killer riffs big solo?s as well monster hooks. I attribute a bit of this to the genius of Roy Z?s production, where in the world did your collaboration with him start?

Bach: My drummer Bobby Jarzombek (played drums in Halford) took me out to dinner where I met Roy. Resurrection was produced by Roy so I was a fan of his too. I told him about some of the songs, and when he heard the song ?Falling into You? for example he immediately knew what he wanted to do with it. Matthew I worked on these songs for seven years. And yes, he did a great job on the record, I love Roy. Matthew I?m not sure if you know this but I actually paid for my own record. People don?t realize how rare these kinds of albums are. Halford paid for his own records with the money he was making from Judas Priest. I took the money from all my television gigs and paid for it with that. You need to have the money to do that sort of thing. Dude, there really is no recording industry anymore with the Internet these days, you know what I mean. Now I see the way it is these days, guys like me were fortunate to have the cash to create the album the way they really want to.

Matthew: I grew up the youngest of seven and one of my older brothers being a massive Nugent fan so I knew the words to ?Great White Buffalo? before I knew the Pledge of Allegiance. That being said when I interviewed Uncle Ted I realized this wild 350 mile and hour sob is for real. I?m a huge talker and could not get a word in. (Laughing).

Bach: What a surprise.

Matthew: The downside of Ted though is his lack of flexibility towards change within his own music. His greatest mistakes has been staying in the same shell and never being open to adaptation, even if it was in the best interest of his music. On Supergroup, I thought this was shown pretty clearly as he would not listen to Evan?s Biohazard material to get a feel of who he was playing with. What?s your up close and personal take on this, was he more open then it appeared?

Bach: Nugent is the alpha male in whatever situation he walks into; coming from me that is amazing because it?s usually been me. My height, my hair, it?s all big and loud, but Nugent overshadows Bach. Think about it dude, he?s a lead singer, he does not want another singer, he?s a great singer!

Matthew: Great point about the singer piece, but what about him not being open even listening to other members music, that really pissed me off.

Bach: He?s upset me tremendously too, but he?s the Alpha Dog, and he knows everything. Plus I don?t answer for him, I do TV so I can rock, my interests are not guns and politics, I care more about Guns N? Roses

Matthew: Good one dude, that?s funny. (Laughing) Tell me about it. The whole country was waiting for you guys to take this shit serious, recognize all that talent and create a kick ass full length album.

Bach: UM, I?m pretty sure Jason Bonham is busy. You know in that little band called Led Zeppelin, I think you may have heard of them.

Matthew: Ha. Ha (Laughing) I know dude but it?s still a shame cause Damnocracy was the shit, and could have been so much more.

Matthew: I wanted to say that America loves you as a musician and millions of ladies for your great looks (especially hair) but in my mind you really appealed to them when you expanded and really shared (During Supergroup especially) the pain you have experienced over your fight with alcohol. Where do you stand with that today? I?m sure millions of folks wonder how you are doing.

Bach: Supergroup was cool and I?m glad you loved it but, I wish there was more music shown. With the drinking I?m not doing too well. Last week I had a melt down at the Newark Airport. But I have not had a drink since then. I quit drinking again, and a week for me is saying something,

Matthew: Too me what you were saying to all the haters on the show was ?I get up late, I party but when its time to make music its F U mother-fucker let?s go.? I mean who hasn?t gotten fucked up and acted stupid?

Bach: Pretty much dude ...

Matthew: This album was really well done. I could not believe how cool it was to hear you and Axl on the same track trading verses.

Bach: I put everything into everything I have ever done (names every single album he has ever been on), I have been doing it all my life, so it?s no surprise that you and other reporters keep saying that it?s a great record.

Matthew: All of your albums have appealed to me Sebastian, but for the songwriting and the hooks, this album shocked the hell out of me from a vocal standpoint. Your voice was choice, leaving me several times rewinding the CD to check out the inflection or style you used. Where along the way did you get that range?

Bach: I did four Broadway shows. Nothing teaches you how to sing more than doing six shows a week for six months. And I have been lucky ?cause I have been in four different shows. So that gives you a lot of experience with singing.

Matthew: Were you a Quiet Riot Fan? Do you have any feelings or comments on the passing of Kevin Dubrow?

Bach: You got to remember my background. My first tour was opening up for Bon Jovi and no matter what everyone says about Jovi, they know how to party, plus they have a lot of money so there was plenty of everything. Then my second tour Aerosmith second tour, then we did Motley Crue on our next one. Then GNR was up next and finally we chose Pantera to open the last Skid Row tour I was on. Now you tell me what else have I known? I mean do you kick a dog for shitting in your living room, hell that?s all I know, it?s all I?ve ever known. Well I am sad that he passed, but it?s simply another example that cocaine sucks. I don?t do coke; my deal has been pot and red wine. I have seen to many people die from it, like my friend Shannon Hoon and now Kevin Dubrow. I have never spanked my sons but I will put them in the hospital if I ever find out they?re doing hard drugs like ecstasy, acid or cocaine. Go ask John Entwhistle about cocaine. So the answer guess you should really say of what I think of Kevin Dubrow dying is ?COCAINE FUCKING SUCKS?

Matthew: Any current singers or bands that you really like?

Bach: Like you, I need metal to get through my day dude; I like Hatebreed, Hell Yeah, or Priest?s British Steel (lately)

Matthew: What are your future goals and dreams within the music business as well as other?

Bach: It?s too obvious of an answer I am standing in my living room looking at the Skid Row records. Hell one of them 6,000,000 sold in U.S alone, but the Internet has changed everything. Hell I have 84,000 friends on MySpace, if every one of them bought my album that would be cool, but with the Internet pirating and ripping a copy for their friends that?s not going to happen. When I hear an album like Hatebreed?s Supremacy I go to the store and I buy it because I don?t want it (metal) to die. These guys don?t care about the industry; they just want to be my friend on MySpace. It?s fucking crazy. Matthew, it took me seven years to do this record. I know one thing it?s going to be a long, long time before you see another CD from me. Hell who knows; maybe I?ll get a call from another Fear Factor to eat some bugs, so I can do another CD (laughing)

Matthew: Dude, you are a trip, ha ha (laughing). Thank you so much for being this generous with your time and good luck on Angel Down.

http://www.hardrockhaven.net/interviews2007/sbach07.php
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 11:59:24 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

banbanban89
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #605 on: December 17, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »

Hi, I was wandering if anyone could ID Sebastian Bach's Black Leather shirt worn in the picture below with the whip-stitch detailing, I need one???... Any replies, comments would be appreciated.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #606 on: December 17, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »

any comments appreciated?

this is a Guns N' Roses Forum ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #607 on: December 17, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »

any comments appreciated?

this is a Guns N' Roses Forum ok

i thought sebastian bach was the joint singer of guns n roses? hihi

html sucks
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #608 on: December 17, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »

that was a great interview, finally a interview that wasnt focused on "Axl's colaboration" I mean, shit is Sebastian's album, not Axl's.
And all my respect to Sebastian for paying for his own record, I mean you gotta LOVE music/art to do that, the best way of showing respect is buying his record I guess. ok

Was funny his mention about myspace 84k people  hihi   

If the world would end today... Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2007, 10:10:38 AM »

A couple of reviews...

Sebastian Bach - Angel Down. Is this 1989? Whoever would have expected such a killer album from Bach? On top of that, who would have thought he would be the guy to bring new studio recordings from Axl Rose (who guests on three songs)? However you want to cut it, this is a strong metal and hard rock album that is a lot better than it had any right to be. It harkens back to Skid Row's Slave to the Grind while also sounding completely modern. Bach shows that his voice is as powerful as ever, and he also did a good job of surrounding himself with first rate musicians.

SEBASTIAN BACH "Angel Down" (MRV/Caroline)

Former Skid Row lead screamer Sebastian Bach picks up the hard rock/heavy metal pace like it's 1991 again on his second solo album. "Angel Down" is a surprisingly solid, hooky, aggressive set that proves the equal of Skid Row's best disc (1991's "Slave to the Grind").

The selling point is the return of Axl Rose, who harmonizes on three tracks that sound like they crawled off of an old Guns N' Roses album. One of them's a faithful cover of Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle," but the keeper is the catchy "(Love Is) A Bitchslap," a song that would have been all over MTV's "Headbanger's Ball" in the late '80s.

This stuff can be called dated, bu t Bach remembers when rock had style, showmanship and a sense of humor. He's worth a listen again.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #610 on: December 26, 2007, 09:22:47 PM »

some pro-shot baz singing "peice of me" he put on his site

http://media.merovingianmusic.com/wmstream/ref/mrv/bachmas.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #611 on: January 01, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »

Rock Monthly Magazine

Sebastian Bach; do you really need to know anything else?  Probably one of the most distinctive, influential, and recognizable vocals in rock, Sebastian Bach just released Angel Down; a seven year work-in-progress and one of the most anticipated albums of 2007.  With a personal feel, a great mix of balls-to-the-wall rock and ballads, along with 3 songs with other rock icon Axl Rose, Angel Down does not dissapoint.

Rock Monthly: What does this album mean to you?

Sebastian Bach: Seven years of hard work; all my emotion, and I just tried my best over the last 7 years to make a good CD, and I?m very happy with the way it sounds?let me ask you a question; where are calling from?

RM: California?

SB: Is this going to be on the Internet?

RM: Yes?

SB: Well, I just gotta say that I?m starting to see the international versions, and since this is on the internet, everyone around the world can read this, the CD says in the packaging ?Art Direction & Design by Sebastian Bach?, and in actuality, the version I designed and approved is the American version.  The reason I?m saying this is because I made a Digipak (NOTE: Digipaks typically consist of a gatefold (book-style) paperboard or card stock outer binding, with one or more plastic trays capable of holding a CD or DVD attached to the inside) specifically because of global warming, to use less plastic; I was told Digipaks are more envirnmentally-friendly than the plastic jewel case.  So I said yeah, let?s go with the Digipaks but now I?ve been told that it?s cheaper, worldwide, to use the plastic ones (laughing) so they had to redesign all the packaging without me ever seeing it, or approving it?I?m not saying the international packaging is bad, but it?s different than the American one.  So since this is going to be on the internet if you live in Canada, or Brazil, the one that I designed is the American one.  I guess they do this all the time it just blows me away that I can?t see my own record before it gets put in the store; it just makes me insane!  I guess I?m just a fuckin? psycho or whatever?I did not design the one that I just saw that came from Brazil, and I just wish it didn?t say that I designed it when the one I designed is only available in the United States.  So for all the collectors out there, the one distributed in the U.S. is the one I designed?

RM: Well, I'll make sure to go on the internet and try and find the different one from the other countries?

SB: Well, have fun because it makes me fuckin? nuts! (Laughs)  I did this all for the environment, I thought I was doing a good fuckin? thing!  Then I get told, ?Dude, it?s actually cheaper to use the one that fucks up the ozone layer?Baz, we can only do the right one in the U.S. bro because it?s too expensive.?  Well then why the fuck didn?t you tell me that for fuck-sake! Ugh!  Grrrr!  Why didn?t someone say that before they manufactured thousands and thousands of copies!  Your saying to me after the fuckin? thing is done, and I?m the fucking asshole!  Wrong!  I am not!  I designed the American version, and I?m very proud of that version?more than the Brazilian one (laughs).   Ok, thank you?that?s it.

RM: When did you realize ?Now is the time to release this album??

SB: Well?I was finished basically.  I had a record deal with MRV and EMI, and they gave me a deadline; there?s something to be said for a deadline.  In a perfect world it would?ve come out when I was on tour with Guns N? Roses, but I finally finished it and basically said, ?Fuck it, it?s done, here?.

RM: That ties right in to my next question; do you think reality TV exploits it?s stars to some degree?

SB: Yeah; it?s the Roman gladiator mentality of going to the fucking arena to go watch people get eaten by the lions.  There?s a German word Schadenfreude meaning ?taking pleasure in other people?s misery?.  That should?ve been the name of the show, Schadenfreude instead of Supergroup.

RM: Do you feel you have to censor yourself at all?

SB: (Brief pause) Yes, definitely.  I?m not good at it either (laughs).

RM: In everyday life, just in interviews??

SB: Yeah, in everything; for the last 20 years, the last fuckin? everything I?ve ever done.  I mean, there?s a whole thing on Blabbermouth about me getting mad at a radio station over them putting up a Skid Row poster?it?s such bullshit I can?t even tell you, it?s just so funny.  It?s all lies, pretty much everything I read.  Ugh!  I don?t know what to tell you.

RM: They call it the music business for a reason; how do you think, with all the ups and downs in your career, you?re still here after 20 years, and you may have put an album that could put you back on top?

SB: Well?we?ll see about that, but it?s just my voice; that?s it.  And the fact that I?ve been fortunate enough to have a career outside of music, whether it be Broadway or T.V. that gives me the money and the funds to actually make CDs.  There would be no Angel Down if there was no Gilmore Girls.  I mean the fans may not realize how much I love rock-n-roll.  Most musicians don?t pay for their own albums; they pay for fucking Lamborghini?s and coke and other bullshit?or not even bullshit like mortgages.  I take my own money out of my bank account and buy you Angel Down.   That?s literally what I did.  And as the CD industry continues to die, there?s going to be way less of these.  Every rocker out there should know, when the consumer makes a choice of not buying a CD and downloading it on some Bit Torrent site or burning a copy from your friend, there?s not going to be any more CDs.  That?s just the fact of the matter.  When I like Hatebreed, Hellyeah, Rebel Meets Rebel, or Neil Young, or Sly and The Family Stone, I go out and buy the motherfucker on CD (laughs) because I want another one.  I want to support the band, to support rock-n-roll.  Every time you make a choice not to buy a CD, you put another nail in the coffin of rock.  It?s up to everybody; there are no more CD stores, Wal-Mart and Best Buy have maybe one aisle left, and people ask me ?how come it took you seven years to do this???who the fuck wants to do this?  I love the music but the business part of it is completely miserable.

RM: What?s your whole take on MySpace, I mean?

SB: It?s OK but the whole ironic thing to me is I have 80,000 fans but I have not sold 80,000 records; if you?re my ?friend? could you go fuckin? buy the mother fucker! (Laughs)  Who cares if I have 80,000 ?friends?; I mean who gives a shit!  I want to sell 80,000 records!  If every one of my ?friends? bought my record it would be great!  Whatever!  Some friend! (Laughs)

RM: With Skid Row, Guns N Roses, and every band from that time frame, you all had to go through a school of hard knocks; the club circuit, constantly touring and now bands that have there song downloaded enough times are getting record deals?

SB: Well, I?m doing this interview walking around my house with 22 platinum records on my wall.  I?m looking at one right now and let me describe this to you; ?Presented to Sebastian Bach to commemorate RIAA certified multi-platinum of sales more than 5 million copies of the Atlantic Records album, cassette and CD Skid Row? and that?s just in America.  I have never gotten better reviews, in my life, for the CD Angel Down.  I?m the guy that did all the interviews for the Skid Row record, and Slave To The Grind?all of those.  For the first Skid Row record the interview questions were ?you?re a pretty-boy?, ?Bon Jovi gave you everything?, ?why should I talk to you?? and there was not one good review ever of this record that sold almost 6 million copies.  The reviews sucked!  The next record Slave To The Grind??This is too heavy?, ?you guys are supposed to be a ballad band?, ?where?s I Remember You??; nothing but bullshit in every interview.  #1 album!  Angel Down??This is the best work you?ve ever done?, ? I can?t put this down?, ?this is the greatest record of the year??when I get another one of these 5-million-sold things on my wall, it would be nice for the reviews to match up with the sales.

RM: I?ve heard the comparison to 5 million then is like 1.5 million now?.

SB: No; I?m not going to tell you because it?s too embarrassing but it ain?t 1.5 million, believe me.  If it was 1.5 million I?d have another one of these fuckers on the wall!

RM: With all the bands launching reunion tours like Van Halen, The Police, and even Led Zeppelin reuniting last night, would you ever consider a Skid Row reunion?

SB: No.

RM: That was a quick answer?(long pause)  Do you have any relationships with any of your old band mates?

SB: Nope.

RM: ?Nope? not at all?

SB: Just maybe Rob, the drummer.  When you see the band Skid Row now, there are only 2 out of the 5 original members left in the band.  Snake?s not even in the band!  Snake manages Down now, he?s not even in Skid Row.  So at what point does it become ridiculous?  I mean 2 out of 5 guys??  At what point do you say, ?What the fuck??  Whatever, have a nice time.  I hear William Hung is going out on tour.  (laughs)

RM: The chemistry between you and Axl on the album is great?

SB: Thanks.

RM: What did it mean to you, as a friend and professionally to have him on the album?

SB: Incredible.  I?m extremely happy with the way the songs turned out and they sound great, and that?s all you can really ask for.

RM: What?s coming up for you in 2008?

SB: I can?t talk about that right now.  I know that I?ll be playing some festivals in Europe but that?s all I know.    

Edited to fit page - complete interview here: http://www.rockmonthly.com/bazinterview.html

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #612 on: January 01, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »

^
Little contradictory there eh?

He bashes Skid Row for having 2 out of 5 members but yet he is on tour with Axl.......... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

On a side note

I think By Your Side is better than pretty much everything on LIbertad and I like it more than most of the GNR boots.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
guns_n_motley
« Reply #613 on: January 02, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »

^

He bashes Skid Row for having 2 out of 5 members but yet he is on tour with Axl.......... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

On a side note

I think By Your Side is better than pretty much everything on LIbertad and I like it more than most of the GNR boots.

na, baz has consitently said that Axls GNR isnt the true/real GNR, but hed rather hear tommy stinston playing welcome to the jungle than duff playing stp songs..
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »

^

On a side note

na, baz has consitently said that Axls GNR isnt the true/real GNR, but hed rather hear tommy stinston playing welcome to the jungle than duff playing stp songs..
Really? Shocked Can you give some source to this?
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #615 on: January 05, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »

How is Angel Down doing on Billboard nowadays? Did it vanish from top 200 after 1st week or is it hanging in there?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #616 on: January 05, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »

^

On a side note

Really? Shocked Can you give some source to this?
I remember hearing/reading that too.  I forget exactly where though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #617 on: January 05, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »

I've read/heard it in at least 2 interviews, but it'll be hard to find since i've read/heard at least 50 interviews with baz since early november
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #618 on: January 05, 2008, 08:46:49 PM »

By Your Side - Sebastian Bach live in MSG 11-10-06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3k-5fumhfU

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #619 on: January 08, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »

Finally got Angel Down, it's really fantastic.

Listened to it only once though, gonna go spin it a few more times.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: