Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283550 times)
maynard
« Reply #580 on: December 05, 2007, 12:34:43 AM »

Baz is a member of GnR now?  Shocked

He is more a member than Brain is.  hihi
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #581 on: December 05, 2007, 12:40:49 AM »

lol i need a rehap right now ,this has been  one of the weirdest's weeks so far.

the one an only horsey !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #582 on: December 05, 2007, 12:41:47 AM »

Baz is a member of GnR now?  Shocked

well he did replace axl for a few songs in England.  hihi

best wishes to Baz.  glad he's getting help if he needs it.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #583 on: December 05, 2007, 01:02:19 AM »

how do we know baz is in rehap,can i ask .info man ?
i guess '
good luck to him i say.it's a hard road.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:05:48 AM by horsey » Logged

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #584 on: December 05, 2007, 01:59:25 AM »

i wonder if he is in rehap on the eastcoast.i have some back round about rehaps in philly.i know he is from nj baz.were do you think they would have sent him.local or far away rehap,westcoast maybe.you think i could be in rehap at the same time as baz if in philly.naa not ready for rehaps yet ,me that is.but know of a few.my mom was in AA  for years and was around it all my life.my mom is well known in  AA. the elizabeth tayloor of  AA  my mom was.now she smokes pot.

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #585 on: December 05, 2007, 02:06:59 AM »

wow past tesnst i spell bad when drunk lol.

the one an only horsey !
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #586 on: December 05, 2007, 02:20:39 AM »

wow past tesnst i spell bad when drunk lol.
Was beginning to wonder why you weren't just editing your posts rather than posting after all of your other posts... ^.^;;;

I hope Baz gets better. <3

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
guns_n_motley
« Reply #587 on: December 05, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »

do we have any proof that hes in rehab?? or just some radio DJ spouting off that he is...

if he is, then get better Baz!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 04:25:02 PM by guns_n_motley » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH To Perform At Fan's Home - Nov. 8, 2007

A private Sebastian Bach concert at the winner's home tops off the grand prize in a promotion sponsored by "The Rock of New Jersey," radio station WDHA-FM/105.5. "WDHA Rocks Your House" kicked off last month and come Saturday, December 8, some lucky Jersey-area winner will find Sebastian Bach and band setting up in his or her living room to rock the house exclusively for the winner's friends, family and neighbors. For more details, tune into WDHA weekday mornings at 7:20 ET.

He is scheduled to perform this Saturday at this event.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #589 on: December 05, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »

Sebastian Bach

Angel Down (MRV)

By Steve Steward

Surviving hair-metal musicians seem to fall into three different categories. There are the guys (and metal is almost uniformly a male preserve) who reunite every now and then to embark on short, flabby stadium tours to pay the bills (see: Poison, Warrant, ?Rockin? With? Dokken). There are the reality-TV whores (see: M?tley Cr?e?s Vince Neil), and, lastly, there are the guys who have matured tastefully ? relatively speaking ? such as Judas Priest?s Rob Halford, Jon Bon Jovi, and Neil?s former bandmate bassist Nikki Sixx. Gravitating toward things like penning memoirs, doing production work, writing new material, or acting, these dudes generally shy away from terrible ideas, like mugging for paparazzi cameras or starting rap-metal bands. (?Hey, Tommy Lee! Fred Durst called. He wants his shtick back!?)

And, though he?s made his own missteps via reality TV, Sebastian Bach is definitely of the last category. He has continued to record and perform through hair-metal?s plummet, about 15 years ago, from accepted genre to late-night punchline and, now, its resurgence.

On Angel Down, his first solo album since 2001?s Bach 2: Basics, the former Skid Row belter digs some new sonic trenches, but he knows better than to work himself into a weirdo stylistic hole that will alienate his longtime fans.

Along those lines, he plays it pretty safe. Angel Down has hot lixxx, yes, and it?s got a power ballad, and it even has flights of Bach?s trademark operatic wailing (proving, without a doubt, that unlike Neil, Bach still has the pipes he had in ?87).

Angel Down?s most interesting moments are on the breakneck tracks, especially ?You Don?t Understand,? which wouldn?t sound out of place on an Avenged Sevenfold album. Harmonized guitars wind and slither, and Bach gets shrieky enough to trick kids in skinny black jeans into thinking they?ve gotten hold of an A7X bootleg. ?American Metalhead? is stomping, grinding, and self-explanatory, and it?s a fitting ode to Bach?s past, present, and future. Then there?s ?(Love is a) Bitchslap,? which is an obvious Skid th-Row-back, a return to his roots as a longhaired Canadian expat prowling the Jersey shore.

But the throwbacks don?t end there. If you?re of a certain age and resist taking strolls back through the days of spandex and AquaNet, you still should check out Bach?s sleaze-metal cover of Aerosmith?s ?Back in the Saddle,? with guest vocals by none other than Guns N? Roses? Axl Rose, who also lends his rusty (in a good way) howl to ?Bitchslap? and ?Stuck Inside.?

Despite the metal classicism, however, a lot of tracks on Angel Down display challenging time signatures. The overall result is a lot heavier than you might expect from the guy who crooned ?I?ll remember you-ohhhhhh-ahhhhhhh!? In fact, in a lot of places, the record is heavier than a brontosaurus.

You can?t really call Angel Down a comeback, because Sebastian Bach never really went away. And you can?t call it a retread, because there?s enough new stuff here to make hair-metal haters throw up horned hands. If you can get over both Bach?s crass past and his guest appearance on The Gilmore Girls, then Angel Down is the perfect soundtrack for a cruise down Sunset Strip in your old I-ROC Z.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #590 on: December 05, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »

i really get pissed off whenever skid row get lumped as hair metal.

wtf is that all about.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #591 on: December 06, 2007, 06:20:01 PM »

Drummer BOBBY JARZOMBEK Checks In - Dec. 6, 2007

"On the live front, I'm back East with SEBASTIAN BACH this weekend as we are doing a private concert for the winner of WDHA-FM/105.5's 'WDHA Rocks Your House' promotion. On Saturday, December 8, we'll be invading the home of some lucky New Jersey-area listener, set up in his or her living room, and rock the house exclusively for the winner's friends, family, and neighbors. Should be a ball! The 'Angel Down' CD, which I have a co-write on ('Stabbin' Daggers'), is in stores now and getting great reviews."

The complete write-up: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86263

SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #592 on: December 06, 2007, 06:27:48 PM »

wtf is that all about.
Well... back in those days, they DID have the hair for "hair metal"... the only difference though is their music was actually good compared to alot of the hair metal bands out there...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #593 on: December 07, 2007, 09:49:36 AM »

wtf is that all about.

Maybe because they are hair metal. Unless we're sub-categorizing the life out of it...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #594 on: December 07, 2007, 02:50:25 PM »

wtf is that all about.

Maybe because they are hair metal. Unless we're sub-categorizing the life out of it...

because people lump all the bands together....Skid row is nothing like Poison, yet they are lumped in the same category as bands
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #595 on: December 07, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »

Well, one's not a carbon copy of the other, by any means. But they're both hard rock bands from the same scene (the '80s "hair metal" scene).
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #596 on: December 07, 2007, 07:13:15 PM »

From Billboard.com

CHART NEWS

Sebastian Bach Rules Five Heatseekers/Independent Charts

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #597 on: December 08, 2007, 11:18:59 AM »

wtf is that all about.
Well... back in those days, they DID have the hair for "hair metal"... the only difference though is their music was actually good compared to alot of the hair metal bands out there...

really, i wasnt aware straight long hair was considered glam?

i thoguht layered and teased n hair sprayed was glam.

guns n roses did that, dont see people calling them hair metal.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2007, 07:26:54 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Says He Is 'Tired' Of Talking About SKID ROW - Dec. 9, 2007

Cindy Scull and Robert Miguel of the Dallas, Texas radio station 93.3 The Bone conducted an interview with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach on November 30, 2007. The chat ? which can be heard in its entirety on Cindy and Robert's MySpace page ? got off on the wrong foot, with Bach voicing his objection over a SKID ROW poster that was apparently hanging on a studio wall and taking issue with Cindy's opening question, which had to do with the long gap between Sebastian's solo releases. An excerpt from the interview follows:

Cindy: It's been eight years [since you released your last solo album]. Why the wait? What have you been doing? I know you've been acting and stuff. Did you take a break from music on purpose or did you not wanna release a solo album??

Sebastian: It's just like you? You just said to me that you've been playing my music for 20 years, and I walk in, and you've got a big SKID ROW poster in my face. It's like, I'm aware of 20 years ago. And then you ask me why I spend so long making it? It's like, I've gotta compete with this crap.

Robert: So, not big on SKID ROW then? Not into it still, huh?

Sebastian: Dude, why? Do you hang out with the guys you hung out with in '89?

Robert: Some of them, yeah.

Sebastian: I don't, so? That's you, that's me. It was a long time ago. I'm just really tired of it.

Robert: So you're tired of people associating you with a multi-platinum artist??

Sebastian: No, I'm just tired of talking about the old days. It's, like, boring to me.

Robert: First of all, you brought it up, though. You brought it up.

Sebastian: No, you brought it up with this right here [apparently slaps the SKID ROW poster that's hanging on the wall].

Robert: I didn't do that. But first of all? That band sold a lot of records. That was an album I bought on cassette for $7.99 at Sound Warehouse in Irving, Texas.

Sebastian: That's great. That's cool. I did this interview 20 years ago, though, in this town. [Laughs]

Robert: Well, we haven't even started the interview yet and you're already bagging on the band.

Sebastian: No, I'm not. I'm just over it, dude. Whatever? I don't know what to tell you.

The entire interview can be heard in two parts at this location (click on "Sebastian Bach Part 1" in the audio player).

Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted just under 20,000 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"Angel Down" was produced by Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST), and recorded at Sound City Studios and Under City Studios in Los Angeles, CA. Joining Bach in the studio were guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak and Johnny Chromatic, Bobby Jarzombek on drums, and Steve DiGiorgio on bass. GUNS N' ROSES' Axl Rose makes a special guest appearance contributing vocals on three of the album's songs ? "(Love is a) Bitchslap", a cover of AEROSMITH's "Back In the Saddle" and "Stuck Inside".

The cover art for "Angel Down" is an original painting by Bach's late father, the celebrated Canadian artist David Bierk who died in 2002. The painting, entitled "David Watching", was painted in 1990, so an emotional choice for Bach. Bierk also created the cover artwork for SKID ROW's 1991 album "Slave To The Grind", which Rolling Stone voted one of the top 5 album covers of the year. His paintings have been exhibited in art galleries all over North America.

Links here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86434

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #599 on: December 10, 2007, 08:58:14 PM »

oh that is priceless - Bach is never boring or at a loss for words, gotta love the guy!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: