Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283595 times)
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #540 on: November 21, 2007, 01:06:54 AM »

GREAT ALBUM!!! I love it everytime I love it even MORE!  ok   I loved this metal headbangin shit with Baz on front row last year, fuck, good memories, beer

If the world would end today... Wink
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #541 on: November 21, 2007, 06:12:41 AM »

Some great songs, the production could have been a bit more raw, the screaming in by your side could have been 1 recording but it's great peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #542 on: November 21, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »

The album has leaked in fact. PM me if you want a link...

LAter

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #543 on: November 21, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »

LAter

lol, it has "leaked" now yes, due to that it has been released rofl
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #544 on: November 21, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »

Wait...

you're cheap jon?

that cool guy...

I forgot all about you...

Roll Eyes

But don't damn me
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #545 on: November 21, 2007, 11:09:05 AM »

Wait...

you're cheap jon?

that cool guy...

I forgot all about you...

Roll Eyes

did i hurt your feelings? Undecided
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #546 on: November 22, 2007, 09:49:44 AM »

LAter

It must've leaked from the CD on to the web!

It's not that expensive folks, just go out and buy it. You won't be disappointed.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #547 on: November 22, 2007, 04:14:32 PM »

I ordered it off Amazon, Should get it this weekend. Cant wait to hear it!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #548 on: November 22, 2007, 09:23:32 PM »

Das album just strait up rocks. Plus hearing Axl on those three track was just bonus.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #549 on: November 23, 2007, 10:26:16 PM »

Anyone know if it is putting up any numbers on the charts? I'm curious if people other than us are buying it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #550 on: November 24, 2007, 12:24:38 AM »

I do have the leak of Stuck Inside and I fuckin love it.

Wish now I would've just bought it at the local store instead of ordering off Amazon.........

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #551 on: November 25, 2007, 03:31:55 AM »

Got the album yesterday and I really like it. Nice mix of heavy heavy rock with some softer moments.
Baz is definitely sounding as good on here as he did back in the Skid Row days.

My only complaints are that Our Love Is A Lie is almost Love Is A Bitchslap slowed down, the riffing sounds really similar.
And the other complaint is that the solos are pretty crap! I'm surprised that for all the great riffing, the solos are terrible. They could've taken the songs that much further, but they don't add much at all. It's either mindless noodling or two-note, no-emotion soloing (on the ballads).

My favourite tracks are Angel Down, You Don't Understand, Back in the Saddle, Stuck Inside, American Metalhead, By Your Side, Negative Light and Falling Into You.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #552 on: November 26, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »

From Rolling Stone...nice things to say about Axl, but he doesn't rave about the rest of the CD.

New Music Tuesdays: Jordin Sparks, Sebastian Bach

11/20/07, 8:01 am EST

According to Rolling Stone?s Christian Hoard, the debut from American Idol winner Jordin Sparks is totally mom-friendly. But thanks to top-flight producers and songwriters, it?s also a decent little pop record. Sebastian Bach?s Angel Down, meanwhile, doesn?t have a whole lot to offer, though three duets with Axl Rose ? including a killer cover of ?Back in the Saddle Again? ? are worth checking out. Click above to watch this week?s New Music Tuesdays.

Video review here: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/11/20/new-music-tuesdays-jordin-sparks-sebastian-bach/#

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: Photos From Vintage Vinyl Signing Session Posted Online - Nov. 27, 2007

DIGImmortal Photo has uploaded photos of former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's November 20, 2007 signing session at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, New Jersey. Also attending the in-store was guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (SEBASTIAN BACH, HALFORD, PAINMUSEUM).

Check out the pictures at this location:

http://www.photobiz.com/portfolio/layouts/1/gallerym.cfm?PageNum_Recordset1=1&eventID=109465&galleryID=157181

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2007, 09:36:23 AM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Angel Down' First-Week Sales Revealed - Nov. 28, 2007

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #555 on: November 28, 2007, 11:19:48 AM »

Damn, I thought he'd do better than that.................

He needs some type of video/single..........

I love the songs he did with Axl, but Falling into you and By Your Side are power ballads with no power. It seems Baz really holds back on these songs for some reason..........

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #556 on: November 28, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »

its really disappointing, but seeing as the album is hard to find, the numbers are probably pretty good

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #557 on: November 28, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »

I disagree with "By Your Side"

I think it's great, strong vocals... good song.

The heavier stuff is bland.

I like the album though.

But don't damn me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #558 on: November 28, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Says 'Angel Down' Will Be Listened To Many Years After He's Dead And Gone - Nov. 28, 2007

Michael Christopher of DelcoTimes.com recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

On the delay in getting his first "proper" collection of all-new solo material released:

"Good things take time; good things come to those to wait. I wasn't just going to put out some BS. I am trying to establish myself as a solo artist, because SKID ROW was so huge, and it's hard to do. The only way you can do it is with a great album."

On the grandiose album closer "Falling Into You", which carries the influence of Bach's stints in professional theater:

"I did four Broadway shows, and I am 100 percent bringing that vibe, theatricality and all the different kinds of sounds to the record. I enjoy taking what I learned from theater and bringing it into rock and roll."

On how he wants to be remembered:

"Ozzy Osbourne, when he was kicked out of BLACK SABBATH, he made 'Blizzard of Ozz', and I hope to God that this record is like my 'Blizzard of Ozz' where people go, 'Man, Bas can do it on his own.'"

On the cover of the AEROSMITH classic "Back in the Saddle", which features a guest appearance by Axl Rose:

"It was hard to mix that one because I laid down six tracks, and Axl laid down like, nine tracks, but then we had to put it together, and it was hard to pick who gets what line. I basically followed the lyrics, I mean, let's figure it out: 'I'm calling all the shots tonight/I'm like a loaded gun.' I'm like, 'That's Axl!' 'I'm loading up pistol?' That's Axl! Anything with guns; so we let the music decide who sings where."

On being a fixture of television shows from the sitcom "Gilmore Girls" to "Celebrity Rap Superstar":

"We live in a celebrity-obsessed culture, and I'm one of those dudes who is on TV all the time. I don't know how that happened really, but I've just been asked to do all of these outlandish things in the last seven years that have taken me into a different direction."

On his made-for-TV band DAMNOCRACY, which played its first and only gig during the final episode of the VH1 show "SuperGroup" in which fellow bandmember Ted Nugent went off afterward on-camera about Bach being unprofessional for throwing T-shirts out to the crowd, taking away from his own guitar solo:

"I was watching it like, finally, a cool episode. I had a ton of people in my house and we were all drinking, watching it, and (Nugent) says that; I almost whipped a bottle through my TV set."

On "cooling" on his fanboy devotion to the outspoken Ted Nugent:

"I will always love Ted Nugent, and he will always be one of my heroes, but it was that one thing that was really enough's enough for me. It's like, you can call me whatever you want, but you don't call a guy who starred in four Broadway musicals 'an unprofessional.' You don't call a guy who's been on a sitcom for five seasons 'an unprofessional.' That was the thing that was really below the belt, and that was it for me. It was like; you're taking the whole thing to far dude. Let's ask the kid who got the free T-shirt if it was unprofessional of me to do that. What is bad about that? I just don't get it."

On being on television:

"I don't want anybody I've worked with in TV to take this the wrong way, but I'm gonna be a hundred percent honest: I don't give a (expletive) about TV ? it doesn't mean anything to me. Television is really a meaningless art form. I think that the best thing I did on TV was the 'Gilmore Girls', other than that ... when you put on 'Angel Down', that CD to me, will be listened to many years after I'm dead and gone."

"There is no art form like music. When you hear a song that you loved as a kid and you hear it now, it makes you feel like a kid. Like when I watch 'Jaws' now, I don't feel like I did in 1975. When I listen to 'Summer Breeze' by SEALS AND CROFTS, I can shut my eyes and it's 1975."

On flirting with the opportunity to take over the lead vocals for one of his favorite acts as a kid in VAN HALEN shortly after Sammy Hagar departed:

"There was definitely a meeting I had in 1996 with (Bach manager) Doc McGhee where it was told to me that (then-VH manager) Ray Daniels and VAN HALEN were inquiring about me to be the lead singer ? but that's as far as it went. There was this whole thing about Eddie and Alex couldn't have a lead singer in the band who smoked pot. And I go, 'That's pretty funny, because you know where I learned to smoke pot? At a VAN HALEN concert!'"

Read the entire interview at DelcoTimes.com.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #559 on: November 29, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »

Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" - Number One on Billboard's Heatseekers

Sebastian Bach tops next week's Billboard Heatseekers Chart with "Angel Down," his first solo album in eight years. In addition to the Number One chart debut, "Angel Down" has also been winning over the critics:

"'Angel Down' will tear you up..an amped yet layered backdrop for this limitless voice, an uncharacteristically tortured Bach blazes a promising new path of modern badness and paranoia." - Los Angeles Times

"The truth is, Sebastian Bach has a great f**king voice...it's gratifying to hear he hasn't lost a whit of his vocal power, range, or attitude on 'Angel Down.'" - SF Weekly

"Bach's solo disc rocks harder - and more single-mindedly - than you'd expect." - Entertainment Weekly

"Angel Down" - produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Judas Priest) and featuring three tracks with Guns N Roses' Axl Rose on vocals - also lands at #27 on Billboard's Hard Rock chart, and enters the Top 200 Albums chart at #190. While it will be a week or so before all international sales figures are in, "Angel Down" debuted at #50 in Japan.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: