Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 283038 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #820 on: September 11, 2008, 12:16:43 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Filming Country Video Today In Hollywood - Sep. 11, 2008

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach is filming a video for the song "One More Battle With The Bottle" with John Rich of the country duo BIG & RICH today (Thursday, September 11) in Hollywood, California. The clip is being directed by Wayne Isham, who has a long video history working with METALLICA, QUEENSR?CHE, JUDAS PRIEST, OZZY OSBOURNE, M?TLEY CR?E, BON JOVI, and DOKKEN, among others.

"One More Battle With The Bottle" is a track that Bach penned with two Nashville songwriters ? Vicky McGehee and Jeffrey Steele ? and that he sang at the finale of CMT's "Gone Country 2" show.

"Gone Country 2" is the follow-up to CMT's highest-rated series ever.

John Rich returns as host and judge of the show, which premiered on August 15.

Other members of "Gone Country"'s second-season cast are Grammy- and Academy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actress Irene Cara; former "American Idol" fourth-season finalist Mikalah Gordon; former THE JACKSON 5 lead singer and 2007 "Celebrity Big Brother" UK houseguest Jermaine Jackson; ex-N SYNC member Chris Kirkpatrick; actor and former "Are You Hot?" judge Lorenzo Lamas; and actress Sean Young.

The show's second season follows a similar format to its first season, as each episode follows the cast as they compete against one another in challenges that test their ability to musically and physically adapt to the country-crooner lifestyle. In addition, each cast member is paired with two Nashville songwriters, who assist them in penning lyrics and music for a country single, which they'll then have the opportunity to perform.

"Gone Country" will conclude with one of the seven contestants winning the two-week competition and recording and releasing a country song.

Video footage of Bach singing one of his country songs during a "Gone Country 2" rehearsal can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104546

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #821 on: September 12, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

Alice Cooper To Battle Sebastian Bach At Rock Band 2

Yes, he may be a golf-obsessed, card-carrying Republican, but Alice Cooper is still an officially-sanctioned Rock Legend and thus the perfect choice to tear the roof off Hollywood's Viper Room with his undoubted Rock Band 2 skills, this Monday.

As if that was not reason enough to email rockbandshow@yahoo.com to apply for a ticket, Cooper will be joined in plastic-guitared battle (or microphone - that would make more sense and Alice would definitely win) by the only-slightly-less-legendary-rock-legend Sebastian Bach! No, not that one - he died 250 years ago - the one from Skid Row! Dude! 18 & Life!

Doors open at 7:00, Monday 15th September. Admission is free but you need to be 21 or over, you crazy kids.

http://kotaku.com/5049207/alice-cooper-to-battle-sebastian-bach-at-rock-band-2

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #822 on: September 14, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »

^^ Apparently this show with Alice Cooper and Sebastian is the launch of a new reality show "Rock Band 2 The Show" here is some casting information:

MTV's Rock Band 2

ENDS: 31 DAYS 5 HRS 55 MINS 3 SECS
CASTING START: 9/3/2008 12:00:00 AM
CASTING END: 10/15/2008 11:59:59 PM
CASTING LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
AGE REQUIREMENTS: 18 to 100
ONLY OPEN TO MEMBERS IN: California

Producers with MTV are currently looking for a group of 4 people to form their own "Rock" band and show their stuff live on stage for the chance to win the Ultimate Rock Band Experience!

MTV's official show for Rock Band 2! The creator of Rock Star and The Apprentice, Mark Burnett and MTV bring you the first show based on the new game Rock Band 2. That's right everyone Rock Band 2 is almost here.

If you ever dreamed of being a rocker, MTV's giving you your chance! Are you up for the challenge?

Each ROCK BAND must consist of:
 - lead vocalist
 - guitarist
 - bass guitarist
 - drummer

VIDEO REQUIREMENTS: Create a 2-3 minute video showing what sets you apart from everyone else.  Do you have a theme? Fire fighters, sororities, fraternities, military, etc. Give a brief bio on your band (names, where your from, etc.)  Include clips of the band playing Rock Band.  Most importantly, tell why your band rocks? and be creative!

See you on stage?be prepared to rock!

*No Experience Necessary

http://www.gotcast.com/casting-calls/MTVs-Rock-Band-2/51797

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #823 on: September 26, 2008, 11:02:19 AM »

The season finale of Gone Country 2 airs tonight and Sebastian is one of he finalists.

Sebastian Bach is one of the finalists who will compete on Friday September 26th at 8pm on CMT to become the next country music star. Sebastian Bach, Mikalah Gordon, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young will be taking the stage for the one-hour season finale to perform a series of songs.

The finalists will perform before a Nashville audience, including industry insiders, who will help determine their fate. All the contestants have received training in country songwriting, have received a country style makeover, performed for inmates of a Tennessee prison, done various events, and have attempted to craft their own country hit. The winner of the competition will have the opportunity to work with host and producer John Rich to produce their single and release it to country radio.

You can watch some of episodes online here: http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/gone_country_2/series.jhtml

Edit: I think this is his finale performance...

Sebastian Bach One More Battle With A Bottle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRSrl_OtLY

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:13:38 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #824 on: September 26, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH On 'Gone Country 2': Season Finale To Air Tonight - Sep. 26, 2008

The "Gone Country 2" finale and marathon ? featuring former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach ? is airing all weekend long on CMT. Watch episodes 1-7 beginning at 4:30 p.m. today (Friday, September 26) leading up to the one-hour season finale at 8:00 p.m. It then repeats all weekend long.

"Gone Country 2" is the follow-up to CMT's highest-rated series ever.

John Rich of the country duo BIG & RICH has returned as host and judge of the show, which premiered on August 15.

Bach filmed a video for the song "One More Battle With The Bottle" with John Rich on September 11 in Hollywood, California. The clip was directed by Wayne Isham, who has a long video history working with METALLICA, QUEENSR?CHE, JUDAS PRIEST, OZZY OSBOURNE, M?TLEY CR?E, BON JOVI, and DOKKEN, among others.

"One More Battle With The Bottle" is a track that Bach penned with two Nashville songwriters ? Vicky McGehee and Jeffrey Steele ? and that he sang at the finale of "Gone Country 2".

Other members of "Gone Country"'s second-season cast are Grammy- and Academy Award-winning singer, songwriter and actress Irene Cara; former "American Idol" fourth-season finalist Mikalah Gordon; former THE JACKSON 5 lead singer and 2007 "Celebrity Big Brother" UK houseguest Jermaine Jackson; ex-N SYNC member Chris Kirkpatrick; actor and former "Are You Hot?" judge Lorenzo Lamas; and actress Sean Young.

The show's second season follows a similar format to its first season, as each episode follows the cast as they compete against one another in challenges that test their ability to musically and physically adapt to the country-crooner lifestyle. In addition, each cast member is paired with two Nashville songwriters, who assist them in penning lyrics and music for a country single, which they'll then have the opportunity to perform.

"Gone Country" will conclude with one of the seven contestants winning the two-week competition and recording and releasing a country song.

Videos: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105668

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #825 on: September 26, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »

Baz won...strangely, I read that 2 weeks ago, and assumed it had aired already (I don't watch much CMT)!  I was showing my wife his video on youtube...I guess Gn'R are not the only ones with leak issues.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #826 on: September 26, 2008, 11:47:41 PM »

That song gives me fucking chills. I absolutely love it and PRAY i can buy it soon.

if anyone can get an MP3 of it, Id greatly appreciate it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #827 on: September 27, 2008, 12:37:51 AM »

^^ Here is the video....

Videos : Sebastian Bach "Battle With the Bottle"

http://www.cmt.com/videos/sebastian-bach/280088/battle-with-the-bottle-gone-country-2.jhtml?&id=1595809

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #828 on: September 27, 2008, 01:25:19 AM »

^^ Here is the video....

Videos : Sebastian Bach "Battle With the Bottle"

http://www.cmt.com/videos/sebastian-bach/280088/battle-with-the-bottle-gone-country-2.jhtml?&id=1595809

Not a great song IMO but Baz truly has a great voice
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #829 on: September 27, 2008, 02:11:10 AM »

Baz won...strangely, I read that 2 weeks ago, and assumed it had aired already (I don't watch much CMT)!  I was showing my wife his video on youtube...I guess Gn'R are not the only ones with leak issues.
What does he win exactly?  I thought the winner got like a country recording contract or something?  Certainly he doesn't need that, or does he?

I watched the video.  Not my cup of tea obviously, but he still has a great voice.  So good for him, I guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Miss Carousel
Headliner

« Reply #830 on: September 27, 2008, 06:46:23 AM »

What is a "sebastian bach"?
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #831 on: September 27, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »

God ,,, Country music really blows  no

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #832 on: September 27, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »

What does he win exactly?  I thought the winner got like a country recording contract or something?  Certainly he doesn't need that, or does he?

I watched the video.  Not my cup of tea obviously, but he still has a great voice.  So good for him, I guess.
(in best gameshow host voice) Prizes include cowboy boots, camoflague wardrobe, airfair with SW airlines, and the 'winner' gets to record his song with artist/producer John Rich of Big n' Rich 'fame'.   I believe Bach owns his own studio, and label...so I am sure he did this for the $$$ - and possibly exposure for Angel Down?  I only watched the last episode, but he was wearing an Angel Down shirt.  He actually wrote 3 songs for the show...one was not really country...the other two were - surprisingly - good country songs, if you go for that kind of thing.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #833 on: September 27, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH's Country Single Debut Shipped To Radio - Sep. 27, 2008

Host John Rich tapped rocker Sebastian Bach as the winner of the second season of CMT's hit series, "Gone Country", in last night's (Friday, September 26) season finale. Bach is set to immediately release "Battle With The Bottle" to radio, the song he penned with Nashville songwriters Jeffrey Steele and Vicky McGehee while taping the series. The song is produced by John Rich. The accompanying video, directed by Wayne Isham, is currently available on CMT.com and will debut on CMT on Saturday, September 27.

Bach, who edged out tough competition from fellow "Gone Country" contestants Mikalah Gordon, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young, performed his song before a live audience at Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon in the show's finale. In the end, Rich dubbed Bach the winner because of his ability to connect to his audience and his lyrics, something that is essential in country music.

"Sebastian put his real life experiences into his song," says Rich. "'Battle With The Bottle' deals with the challenges he faces in his life on a daily basis, and when your music imitates your life, that's where great country music happens. He truly understands what makes a great country song, and his singing ability is still off the charts. I'm very proud of him 'going country'!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105722

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #834 on: September 29, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'It's A Complete Honor' To Win 'Gone Country 2' - Sep. 29, 2008

Host John Rich tapped rocker Sebastian Bach as the winner of the second season of CMT's hit series, "Gone Country", in last Friday night's (September 26) season finale. Bach is set to immediately release "Battle With The Bottle" to radio, the song he penned with Nashville songwriters Jeffrey Steele and Vicky McGehee while taping the series. The song is produced by John Rich. The accompanying video, directed by Wayne Isham, is currently available on CMT.com and will debut on CMT on Saturday, September 27.

Bach, who edged out tough competition from fellow "Gone Country" contestants Mikalah Gordon, Jermaine Jackson, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lorenzo Lamas and Sean Young, performed his song before a live audience at Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon in the show's finale. In the end, Rich dubbed Bach the winner because of his ability to connect to his audience and his lyrics, something that is essential in country music.

Sebastian will premier "Battle With The Bottle" and take part in a live interview on the following radio stations tomorrow morning (Tuesday, September 30):

08:00 - Dave Kelly & Susan Brown KNTY Sacramento, CA
08:10 - Scooter & Myla WBVR Bowling Green, KY
08:20 - KC WCOY Quincy, IL
08:30 - Tim Leary & the Morning Showgram WCTK Providence, RI
08:40 - Dutch Dooley, Nancy Lynn WJCL Savannah, GA
08:50 - Lee, Alana, Jim E, & Earthquake Jake KUPL Portland, OR
09:00 - Mike Patrick & Kate Sullivan WFFG Albany, NY
09:10 - Tim Leary and the Morning Showgram WCTK Providence, RI
09:20 - Dawson & Kristina KRST Albuquerque, NM
09:30 - Joe & Ronni WOWF Crossville, TN
09:40 - Bob & Mark KWAY Waverly, IA
09:50 - Thane & Tom KDBL Yakima/Spokane, WA
10:00 - The Morning Jumpstart WFGS Paducah, KY

Commented Bach in a posting on his web site: "My mom is a huge country fan, and she raised me on Willie Nelson. My dad loves Neil Young, who's not maybe a 'country' artist but has a lot of country songs. But mainly Willie Nelson, that's the main country influence for me. I met Willie, I love his music, I've been on the 'Honeysuckle Rose' before, and a lot of the reason I took this show is just to blow my mom's mind! I just loved calling her and saying, 'Mom! I'm in Barbara Mandrell's house!' Just that alone blows my mom's mind, she can't believe that!
"When I first said I'm doing a show with John Rich of BIG & RICH, my mom goes, 'Oh honey, you've got to be careful with those guys, they're wild! Those are some wild boys, BIG & RICH!' And I didn't really know. But now I know! They're wild boys and I've had a great time with John Rich. I've been to his house, I've had barbecue with him, shot guns with him, gone fishing with him, he's a great guy. But he's really intense, too.

"It's a complete honor to win and I really have to thank John Rich. He's an extremely gracious man. I mean, you should have heard that call to my mom! It was like, 'I won!' And there was nothing but crying and sobbing for ten minutes.

"Chris Kirkpatrick ended up helping me a lot. Because part of my process as a songwriter and a singer is I am always recording my demos ? like when I write a song, I immediately make a very crude mp3 of it to play in my iPod just so I can listen back and see if I like it or not. But I just got a new laptop and I didn't have my recording software in there, so Chris Kirkpatrick, I asked if I could borrow his laptop, and it actually helped me a lot. And he didn't have to do that. I have to thank Chris for lending me his laptop!

"Lorenzo Lamas is a really straight-up professional actor guy, who is very nice and I really thought his song he made was killer.

"Jermaine Jackson is a class act. That's the word that I think of when I think of Jermaine, he's very classy. He adds another level of professionalism to the room. When he's in the room you don't really swear or cuss in front of him, I don't know why; he just has that air about him. He's very proper and reserved, and I'm not! He's very soft-spoken, but he has very heavy, meaningful things to say. He's a very sensible, classy dude, and I've made a new friend in Jermaine Jackson.

"Sean Young is wild. Those of you who have seen my other TV shows, mainly 'SuperGroup' with Ted Nugent, if you like that show, it contained a lot of drunken mayhem and craziness and fights and drama and crying and mayhem, and 'Gone Country 2' had all those things, just not from ME this time!

"Mikalah Gordon is 20 years old, and she is a true 20-year-old. You know, I don't ever think I'm old or I'm my age. I am 40 years old now. Hanging out with Mikalah Gordon reminds me that yes, I AM 40! She's just a wild spitfire. She's funny, she's got so much energy, and just youth personified. She comes from the 'American Idol' world and I come from SKID ROW ? it's two different worlds.

"I did like Irene Cara. She was only there the first day. She split, and I liked her. I did 'Jesus Christ Superstar' across the country, the national touring production, and she played Mary Magdalene on a touring production, too, so we talked about theater the whole time. I thought she was going to stick around, but she split and I wish she had stayed. But that was her decision to make.

"A lot of this show has to do with me trying to quit drinking, and I'm struggling with that as a lot of people do in this world. And they say that one thing that comes when you stop drinking is you're not ready for the great things that will happen to you. And I think 'Gone Country 2' was the ultimate example of that. I wrote two songs. One was about drinking, and one was about not drinking. One's called 'Jumping Off The Wagon' and one's called 'Battle With The Bottle'. So that's what I was thinking about during the show.

"I am just so happy that I get to make music with John Rich. We've already cut the two songs in Nashville. They sound incredible. I'm so happy with them and I know my fans will like them. That's always important to me. I wrote the songs with Jeff Steele from 'Nashville Star' and Vicky McGehee who was BMI songwriter of the year, and I'll never ever express my gratitude for CMT and John Rich for putting me with the two best songwriters in Nashville. Making great music is what I'm alive for, and the great music that we made on 'Gone Country 2' will last a lot longer than me or the TV show. This is a part of my catalog and anything I put my name on I'm extremely proud of.

"Everybody knows I can go crazy and scream at the top of my lungs and go nuts, but people don't know ? can I sing this like a country music singer? That was in my head. And that was why I sang that song at the Wildhorse Saloon. And they told me later they couldn't believe that I went against them on it. They all told me, if you do the uptempo one, that's going to be better for you, you're going to win probably. But I went the other way. And they said that's what real country music's about. If you've got something to say, say it, and that's really what I had to say.

"CMT flew in my 20-year-old son, and he's seen me wild as wild can be. I was trying not to drink, and try to set this example for him. And I said I'm not going to sing 'Tonight I'm Jumping Off The Wagon'. My son was right in the front of the audience staring at me. And that was a message to him, and that was from a father to his son, and that's good enough for me. And everybody else in the room was watching that, but I was really singing to my son. I always have to find emotion in my music, and you can't get more emotional than a relationship between a father and a son. And when you guys flew him down there, then I knew I had to sing that song.

"It was a lot of fun doing to the show. John Rich is so hospitable, and Mark Oswald, his manager ? I would like to thank all of them, and John Rich's granny who came over and cooked for us. She treated us to some southern hospitality. I'd like to thank Granny Rich, and the musicians that John hired were all of the ultimate caliber.

"I made a lot of great friends on 'Gone Country'.

"Thanks to the fans for watching it, and get ready for some great music!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105832

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #835 on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »

I actually think this song is killer..."cause it's mind blowing".  hihi

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #836 on: October 01, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »

That song gives me fucking chills. I absolutely love it and PRAY i can buy it soon.

The new Sebastian Bach song 'Battle With The Bottle' is available NOW for download! Put this in yer ipod & blast it !

HERE IT IS ! OWN IT ! CRANK IT ! DIG IT :
http://www.rhapsody.com/sebastianbach/battlewiththebottle

Written by Sebastian Bach / Vicky McGheehee / Jeffrey Steele Produced by John Rich

http://www.sebastianbach.com/updates.html

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:39:31 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #837 on: October 01, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »

I like the live version better but I love this song.

It just really hits deep with me.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #838 on: October 01, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »

Does Sebastian run his own MySpace?

He just left me a comment and I think thats cool as FUCK if it was really him and not someone running it..............

Its suppose to be on Rhaspody but I can't find it on there anywhere.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #839 on: October 01, 2008, 10:00:32 PM »

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: