Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:01:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sebastian Bach / Sebastian Bach Band thread  (Read 267124 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1200 on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Rules Out SKID ROW Reunion: 'I Don't Wanna Lie To My Fans' - Aug. 19, 2010

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach was interviewed on this afternoon's (Thursday, August 19) edition of "The BS" ("The Buckethead Show") on Orlando, Florida's Real Radio 104.1. The chat is now available for streaming using the audio player below. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow.

On why he sometimes takes issue with interviewers who "harp on the SKID ROW days":

Bach: "They're [the current lineup of SKID ROW] still around and they're playing where they play and I have to go on the Internet all the time and explain to people that I'm not in the band, and it's just frustrating.

"If you got fired from a job, everywhere you go, it wouldn't be, 'Jimmy who worked at McDonald's in '89.' You'd be like, 'Get over it.' [laughs]"

On why he can't reunite with his former bandmates as SKID ROW:

Bach: "Let me answer it as honestly as I can. You're talking about... When SKID ROW was last good... We broke up in '96, but I don't even count that. I would say '91 was when we were last really a good band. I just don't live in 1991 in 2010, and I'm talking about four other guys that I haven't seen in 15 years.

"I think of SKID ROW the same way you might think of picking up your high-school yearbook. You have affection for what happened 30 years ago, but you look at the yearbook and you go, 'Oh, cool,' and you shut it, and it's today.

"I don't know those people.

"It's not sports. It's not like a team.

"When I watch ['That Metal Show' host] Eddie Trunk's show ? I love Eddie Trunk; he's one of my good friends ? but he talks about musicians like they're sports teams.

"I don't express musically what they [the current lineup of SKID ROW] express in their last record.

"If you listen to their last record and you listen to my last record, then your answer would be right in front of you.

"If I wanted to just play songs from 30 years ago, then I would call 'em and we would go out with FOGHAT and KANSAS. But then I'd be lying to you. That's the way I feel.

"I look at SKID ROW and the nose chain and I go, 'Wow, cool. Neat.' And I shut the book. It's not relevant today to me.

"I don't wanna lie to my fans.

"To me, I would want honesty from my artists.

"Robert Plant can't go anywhere without hearing, 'Hey, why don't you do LED ZEPPELIN?' 'Cause it's not in his heart. 'Raising Sand' with Alison Krauss is who Robert Plant is ? he's not squeezing the lemon juice down his leg at the age of 65. [laughs] And I'm not the 'Youth Gone Wild', I'm sorry ? I'm 42. It's a great song, but I'm not gonna pretend that it's who I am today, 'cause it's not."

Listen to Sebastian Bach talking about the possibility of reunion with SKID ROW on "The Buckethead Show":

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144822

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1201 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Announces U.K. Headlining Show - Aug. 24, 2010

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has scheduled a U.K. headlining concert at Leamington Assembly Hall in Warwickshire on October 15.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145011

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1202 on: August 24, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »

Sebastian is interviewed by Elliot In The Morning, yesterday.  The audio is posted here:

Our old friend SEBASTIAN BACH gave us a call to talk about his upcoming Atlantic City show, his new record, the Guns N' Roses tour, Ronnie James Dio, and 20-year-old Nick Sterling -- the best guitarist Baz has "ever played with."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b36qJ5vgwgs

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1203 on: September 05, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »

Here's a couple of good videos of Sebastian's appearance in Atlantic City on Sept. 3rd.

"Youth Gone Wild"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j94txH_JKmg

New Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzGcjcVdqzo

"I Remember You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3lCFhI5QAQ

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1204 on: September 10, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Rules Out SKID ROW Reunion: 'I Don't Wanna Lie To My Fans' - Aug. 19, 2010

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach was interviewed on this afternoon's (Thursday, August 19) edition of "The BS" ("The Buckethead Show") on Orlando, Florida's Real Radio 104.1. The chat is now available for streaming using the audio player below. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow.

On why he sometimes takes issue with interviewers who "harp on the SKID ROW days":

Bach: "They're [the current lineup of SKID ROW] still around and they're playing where they play and I have to go on the Internet all the time and explain to people that I'm not in the band, and it's just frustrating.

"If you got fired from a job, everywhere you go, it wouldn't be, 'Jimmy who worked at McDonald's in '89.' You'd be like, 'Get over it.' [laughs]"

On why he can't reunite with his former bandmates as SKID ROW:

Bach: "Let me answer it as honestly as I can. You're talking about... When SKID ROW was last good... We broke up in '96, but I don't even count that. I would say '91 was when we were last really a good band. I just don't live in 1991 in 2010, and I'm talking about four other guys that I haven't seen in 15 years.

"I think of SKID ROW the same way you might think of picking up your high-school yearbook. You have affection for what happened 30 years ago, but you look at the yearbook and you go, 'Oh, cool,' and you shut it, and it's today.

"I don't know those people.

"It's not sports. It's not like a team.

"When I watch ['That Metal Show' host] Eddie Trunk's show ? I love Eddie Trunk; he's one of my good friends ? but he talks about musicians like they're sports teams.

"I don't express musically what they [the current lineup of SKID ROW] express in their last record.

"If you listen to their last record and you listen to my last record, then your answer would be right in front of you.

"If I wanted to just play songs from 30 years ago, then I would call 'em and we would go out with FOGHAT and KANSAS. But then I'd be lying to you. That's the way I feel.

"I look at SKID ROW and the nose chain and I go, 'Wow, cool. Neat.' And I shut the book. It's not relevant today to me.

"I don't wanna lie to my fans.

"To me, I would want honesty from my artists.

"Robert Plant can't go anywhere without hearing, 'Hey, why don't you do LED ZEPPELIN?' 'Cause it's not in his heart. 'Raising Sand' with Alison Krauss is who Robert Plant is ? he's not squeezing the lemon juice down his leg at the age of 65. [laughs] And I'm not the 'Youth Gone Wild', I'm sorry ? I'm 42. It's a great song, but I'm not gonna pretend that it's who I am today, 'cause it's not."
Listen to Sebastian Bach talking about the possibility of reunion with SKID ROW on "The Buckethead Show":

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144822

May I present....a setlist from a recent show

1.Slave to the Grind (Skid Row cover)
2.Back In The Saddle (Aerosmith cover)
3.Big Guns (Skid Row cover)
4.Here I Am (Skid Row cover)
5.(Love Is) A Bitchslap
6.Stuck Inside (Skid Row cover)
7.Piece of Me (Skid Row cover)
8.18 And Life (Skid Row cover)
9.American Metalhead
10.By Your Side
11.Monkey Business (Skid Row cover)
12.Heaven And Hell
13.You Don't Understand
Encore:
14.New song
15.I Remember You (Skid Row cover)

And the big finish.....
16.Youth Gone Wild (Skid Row cover)

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1205 on: September 11, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »

STuck Inside isn't a Skid Row song. Its the one Axl sang on.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1206 on: September 12, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »

STuck Inside isn't a Skid Row song. Its the one Axl sang on.
BUSTED!!!

Good catch D.  7 NEW songs is a pretty good number.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1207 on: September 12, 2010, 12:27:38 AM »

Well, its the same reason Axl has to play Appetite and the reason any band has to play certain songs.

if u bought a ticket and Sebastian didn't do 18 and life,Youth, I Remember You.. u would be pissed.

So he is kinda forced to do Skid songs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1208 on: September 13, 2010, 10:23:47 AM »

Well, its the same reason Axl has to play Appetite and the reason any band has to play certain songs.

if u bought a ticket and Sebastian didn't do 18 and life,Youth, I Remember You.. u would be pissed.

So he is kinda forced to do Skid songs.

I realize that but don't do interviews saying you're not with Skid Row because "that's not who I am anymore" and then play shows that are 50% Skid Row songs. Just say you're not in Skid Row because they fired your goofy ass.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1209 on: October 03, 2010, 01:10:19 PM »

Where is the show?

New York City! Tomorrow nights warmup gig has been announced!! So who's all comin??

10:19 AM Oct 2nd via Facebook

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1210 on: October 03, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »

Ok one thing i dont understand... on the reunion thing.. i can understand he doesn't relate to those guys anymore 15 years is a long time...

but the part where he says "im not youth gone wild" anymore...so i cant lie to my fans, im not gonna reunite and do music i did 15 years ago.

Well isnt he playing all those songs in his shows... cmon please....

Oh My God i cant deny this...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1211 on: October 03, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

Where is the show?

New York City! Tomorrow nights warmup gig has been announced!! So who's all comin??

10:19 AM Oct 2nd via Facebook

Found it:

LIVE Rehearsal for European Tour **TONIGHT***

Time   
Sunday, October 3 ? 9:00pm - 11:30pm
Location   The Local 269
269 East Houston
New York, NY

More Info   http://www.thelocal269.com/ Come see us rehearse for the tour tonight! Nick Sterling takes his first bite outta the Big Apple! Guitar players are stupid who miss this !!!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1212 on: October 11, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »

Here are some good videos of Sebastian performing in Portugal on Oct. 6th:

Monkey Business
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7PgxTv-0ds

Youth Gone Wild
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5eKYz6yJU

Slave To the Grind & Back In The Saddle & Big Guns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZFnswTYI8

Setlist:

01. Slave To The Grind
02. Back In The Saddle
03. Big Guns
04. Here I Am
05. (Love Is) A Bitchslap
06. Stuck Inside
07. Piece Of Me
08. 18 And Life
09. American Metalhead
10. Stabbin' Daggers
11. Monkey Business
12. You Don't Understand
13. I Remember You
14. Youth Gone Wild

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=297467&id=225577226132

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1213 on: October 15, 2010, 10:31:01 PM »

Sebastian Bach

On Friday 15th October 2010, @sebastianbach said:

Hotel staff have been COMPLETE DOUCHEBAGS & kept me up all day w construction phone calls & the dreaded knock on the door followed by "housekeeping " & other useless bullshit! All I wanna do is sleep & they never get that! Have not had real sleep in days , wish I could hang out tonight but sorrythe voice comes first & I need to rest tonight . My apologies to the fans tonight you kicked total ass but I'm doing 6 shows in 6 nights please understand ! & it would be nice if you stopped shouting the words to "youth gone wild " outside the bus, I dig it too but let daddy get some sleep please haha ! Great night tonight

Kierkegaard_Says
Opening Act

« Reply #1214 on: October 16, 2010, 06:13:51 AM »

So depressed I aint seeing him in Newcastle tonight!

Gutted...

"Life must be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward. "
"The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be"  SK
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1215 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:31 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH: Performance Footage Of New Song Available - Oct. 19, 2010

Fan-filmed video footage of Sebastian Bach performing a brand new song, entitled "Awake", on October 17, 2010 in Birmingham, England can be viewed below.

Bach is supporting GUNS N' ROSES on a number of dates in the U.K., Spain and Portugal during October.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147944

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1216 on: October 22, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »

Bach In The Saddle Tour 2010 w Guns N' Roses & Headline

Photos posted by Sebastian: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastianbach/sets/72157623093805589/

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #1217 on: October 22, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »

So what's up with his second solo album?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1218 on: October 28, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »

So what's up with his second solo album?

From Sebastian:

new cd is what we are doing now ! Gonna pick a producer soon & press the record button I cant wait! Got 13 new tracks for u!

about 4 hours ago via Twitter

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #1219 on: October 28, 2010, 04:00:05 PM »

sweet thanks for the update:)
I followed Sebastian, but unfollowed him because I got sick of every tweet about shows he's giving.. :p

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: