Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Message from Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Message from Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach  (Read 21880 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« on: November 08, 2006, 03:02:47 PM »

Yo,

Jacoby Shaddix here... today I?ve been made aware that a news clip discussing cancellation of the Portland Maine show is making the rounds.   Apparently some  message boards are trying to interpret our comments in a negative light.  Let me set the record straight, we?re having a great time doing these shows with Axl and Company.  And are looking forward to completing our run of dates this week.

Peace

Jacoby
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »

Cool....

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Papa Roach at the shows I was at. I dont like the make-up and the "rock talk" but they were impressive and the fans were lovin' it.  yes
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »

Cool....

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Papa Roach at the shows I was at. I dont like the make-up and the "rock talk" but they were impressive and the fans were lovin' it.? yes

No, disagree. Everyone over 20, was bored to fuck with them.

I mean they seem like nice guys, but... no thank you.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:10:30 PM »

I didnt like them, but I didnt really mind the tunes. I recognized a few of them, and before I heard they were opening for GNR, I hadnt even heard the name Papa Roach before, so...

Bach was better though, because I like Skid Row but from what I heard about PR before the shows, I was pleasantly surprised.  Cheesy
slashBOG
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »

I didnt like them, but I didnt really mind the tunes. I recognized a few of them, and before I heard they were opening for GNR, I hadnt even heard the name Papa Roach before, so...

Bach was better though, because I like Skid Row but from what I heard about PR before the shows, I was pleasantly surprised.? Cheesy

You loved themm .. Don t lie!!!  rofl
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »

Bach was better though, because I like Skid Row but from what I heard about PR before the shows, I was pleasantly surprised.  Cheesy

You loved themm .. Don t lie!!!  rofl

Actually, he was all on top of me and everyone was rocking out, and me and my 2 brothers just stood there. It was quite funny.  Grin
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 03:25:11 PM »

Yo,

Jacoby Shaddix here... today I?ve been made aware that a news clip discussing cancellation of the Portland Maine show is making the rounds.   Apparently some  message boards are trying to interpret our comments in a negative light.  Let me set the record straight, we?re having a great time doing these shows with Axl and Company.  And are looking forward to completing our run of dates this week.

Peace

Jacoby

Wow again.

Time for the haters to leave.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 03:25:41 PM »

Cool.

Apparently some  message boards are trying to interpret our comments in a negative light.

I haven't seen it here but that apts to happen.
Apparently some people love to do that all the time with any comment from their fav band. yes
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 03:25:54 PM »

Bach was better though, because I like Skid Row but from what I heard about PR before the shows, I was pleasantly surprised.? Cheesy

You loved themm .. Don t lie!!!? rofl

Actually, he was all on top of me and everyone was rocking out, and me and my 2 brothers just stood there. It was quite funny.? Grin

He was doing that shit right in front of us too... Me and the guy next to me wanted to throw him back on stage hahah ?hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
T_Roxie
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 03:27:03 PM »

Actually, he was all on top of me and everyone was rocking out, and me and my 2 brothers just stood there. It was quite funny.? Grin

Lol the same thing happened to me with Bullet for my valentine! hihi ?Me and my mate were like Undecided
slashBOG
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »

He was doing that shit right in front of us too... Me and the guy next to me wanted to throw him back on stage hahah ?hihi

i didnt get to see them i neither one of the shows I attended.. I just waited outside , having a drink until It was time for Gnr.. Sebastian Bach on the other hand Rocked!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »

couldn't "And are looking forward to completing our run of dates this week" be interpretted as "And we can't wait for this week to be over with"?? ?Shocked

j/k ?Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:26 PM »

Wow again.

Time for the haters to leave.

Its cool he commented but he didnt really address those actual "comments". He just said he was having a great time touring and looks forward to finishing the tour up. He didnt even comment on the cancellation.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 03:34:26 PM »

dont interpret this as me sticking up for papa roach, because i think they suck, i always have since they came out with their first single, but, why do you people even watch the opening acts? ?i dont understand. ?if you dont like the band thats opening, why do you even watch them? ?just go inside about 10:30 when guns are about to hit the stage. ?thats what i do...

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
EFISH
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 03:35:04 PM »

dont interpret this as me sticking up for papa roach, because i think they suck, i always have since they came out with their first single, but, why do you people even watch the opening acts?  i dont understand.  if you dont like the band thats opening, why do you even watch them?  just go inside about 10:30 when guns are about to hit the stage.  thats what i do...
Because I wanted to be in the front row.  yes
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 04:23:11 PM »

What the heck is goin on? For years nobody ever showed up in these forums and now everybody is commenting immediately when something goes wrong...That is truly amazing....

Anyways for all the haters...of course it is a matter of taste but in my eyes Papa Roach is a very good live band and I think they are very good in reaching out to the younger generation and heating the crowd up...
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

Im sure you did recognize some of the tunes, they are stolen from Iron Maiden (at least the first Papa Roach album, the onlyone I know was...)

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »

I enjoy Papa Roach too, Have for years. So I'm glad all you fuckers who don't like them sat through their whole set when you could've been somewhere else, you just made the place look more full to them. Smiley Not everyone is going to like the bands that happen to be opening. I didn't watch either opening band at the shows in Vegas. In 2002, I did watch the first day I went, and didn't enjoy the bands, so ?I skipped them the ?second night. I didn't get mad and feel the need to bitch about CKY and MMM though.

Axl is God.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 04:32:50 PM »

I enjoy Papa Roach too, Have for years. So I'm glad all you fuckers who don't like them sat through their whole set when you could've been somewhere else, you just made the place look more full to them. Smiley Not everyone is going to like the bands that happen to be opening. I didn't watch either opening band at the shows in Vegas. In 2002, I did watch the first day I went, and didn't enjoy the bands, so ?I skipped them the ?second night. I didn't get mad and feel the need to bitch about CKY and MMM though.

I also thought they were good.  They put on a really good set and I don't even particularly care for their music.  It's nice for the singer to comment no matter how you feel about them.  GNR thought enough of them to have them on the tour so I don't see why all then bashing is needed.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 04:35:03 PM »

I think they're a great opening act.  One of the best out there right now in my opinion, and Last Resort will go down as one of the great rock songs.  If you don't like them go see em' and I guarantee you'll change your mind.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: