Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think about a official forum on gunsnroses.com?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think about a official forum on gunsnroses.com?  (Read 7891 times)
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 10:32:13 AM »

gunsnroses.com should link this forum

That would be the best idea. peace

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Ride Her
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 10:36:42 AM »

Wink
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »

No doubt! Jarmo deserves a lot of praise for building this forum over 10 years . . . This is the place to go if you are a GNR fan. I would hope GNR would continue to support this forum as well. Judging from Merck's latest post, he agrees.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 10:41:05 AM »

No doubt! Jarmo deserves a lot of praise for building this forum over 10 years . . . This is the place to go if you are a GNR fan. I would hope GNR would continue to support this forum as well. Judging from Merck's latest post, he agrees.

I second that....abso-fuckin-lutly!!  ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 10:52:42 AM »

i guess the internet was never gn?r?s strongest side and highest priority anyway Tongue hihi

Why? Axl said he loves it, he gets infos about what's going on in his own band from here, he said it himself...
  Roll Eyes
I read the internet, i know what's going on  hihi

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 11:16:26 AM »

At the very least, this forum should be linked on the main site
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 12:56:41 PM »

I don't think that they should link this forum.. actually I HOPE they wont. And they wouldn't. This forum would turn into another version of MyGn'R.. useless people posting useless stuff thread after thread. I wanna keep this as HTGTH, not "official Gn'R forum".

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Chief
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »

it would be unneccesary.  it would create more headache for someone to moderate there and we already have too many other forums.  gnronline forum became a big mess.....!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 01:24:20 PM »

I don't think that they should link this forum.. actually I HOPE they wont. And they wouldn't. This forum would turn into another version of MyGn'R.. useless people posting useless stuff thread after thread. I wanna keep this as HTGTH, not "official Gn'R forum".

How so?

HTGTH is the most well known G&R forum already, and it hasn't turned into MYGNR. So why would it?

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 01:46:10 PM »

How so?

HTGTH is the most well known G&R forum already, and it hasn't turned into MYGNR. So why would it?

MyGNR is the shithole it is, because they've got a couple of fucking dumbasses running it, who aren't GN'R fans.

MyGNR is a complete front to make money off of internet adverts, and because of lack of leadership, that's the reason it's spam-central.

HTGTH is the only 'big one' that gets it right, because the iron fists keeps the trolls in line.

Sure, it irritates me too when some of my replies get canned for whatever reason, when I thought they were granted to begin with. But it isn't my board. And I know that if it was deleted, they did it for good reason, not be assholes like so many chastise them for.

But i'm sure, because I just said that, then i'm a nazi right? I'm an ass kisser right? Fuck that. It's none of the above. It's the truth. I've seen many boards in my day run by nazis, and run by jerks, and assholes. HTGTH is DEFINITELY not one of them, and never will be.

Linking this forum to the main site, will only solidify it's official status, because we all already know it's unofficially the official board, and is run as such.

*End rant*

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 02:57:47 PM »

How so?

If you can't see the difference between HTGTH and MyGn'R you must be blind.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

Doesn't anyone here remember what it was like last time Gn'R had an offical forum? *cough*gnronline*cough*..  Things didn't go so well. nervous

Still, I'd like to see an offical forum on gunsnroses.com, but IMO it'd make most sence if it linked here.  A new one would be cool as well though.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »

They've already tried the "official" forum route...obviously didn't work.  Just keep it un-official so almost anything goes, just the way everyone likes it.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »

This isn't the place to insult other forums or post "X is better than Y because... if you want to do that, go somewhere else.

We don't go for that sort of thing here.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 05:32:19 PM »

Doesn't anyone here remember what it was like last time Gn'R had an offical forum? *cough*gnronline*cough*..  Things didn't go so well. nervous

Still, I'd like to see an offical forum on gunsnroses.com, but IMO it'd make most sence if it linked here.  A new one would be cool as well though.

When was this, and was it popular?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 06:22:56 PM »

after the message from merck and axl...i think all the forumspeculations mean that we want more infos directly from the band and management...wouldnt it be better when they design a forum on their official site? or just link it to htgth?

hey, dear managment and axl,
we just wanna get more love and infos when there are difficult threads in the internat. gnr-boards

cheers Grin

No and I don't think there should be any official forum. They tried that before and they failed. With the influx of fans after CD is released there'll be too many to keep track of and moderate at any one time. As much as you like or hate the mods here, there simply isn't enough of them at the minute to cover that and it'd be a mess. This forum as it is is controllable from a mod standpoint.

Besides there's a reason there isn't an official one... last time people where posting Axls social security number as well as adress and other personal info. The forum became a security risk for Axl personally. On top of that all the bitching, moaning and general fuckheadery made it unenjoyable and more and more spam posts where there. Even when they brought it back "secretly" for a while a few years back, the same things where happening.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 06:29:25 PM »

Since the other band members have their own sites, what about Axl?

He has gunsnroses.com... He IS Guns N' Roses!!!!

Agree with you on that one to an extent. The other guys bring a lot to the table, Axl did not write the new material alone. But GNR is Axl's vision.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 07:23:32 PM »

Doesn't anyone here remember what it was like last time Gn'R had an offical forum? *cough*gnronline*cough*.. Things didn't go so well. nervous

Still, I'd like to see an offical forum on gunsnroses.com, but IMO it'd make most sence if it linked here. A new one would be cool as well though.

Around the time Live Era came out, and yea it was pretty populair, until it got shut down and everyone had to go running to another forum!

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »

Doesn't anyone here remember what it was like last time Gn'R had an offical forum? *cough*gnronline*cough*.. Things didn't go so well. nervous

Still, I'd like to see an offical forum on gunsnroses.com, but IMO it'd make most sence if it linked here. A new one would be cool as well though.

Around the time Live Era came out, and yea it was pretty populair, until it got shut down and everyone had to go running to another forum!

Why was it shut down?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Chief
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 08:24:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure it was because someone posted Axl's personal info on there.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: