Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Beta's post/Fire Marshalls
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beta's post/Fire Marshalls  (Read 9372 times)
fixintodie
« on: November 07, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »

I've just read Beta's post regarding last night's show, and if this is the case (I believe it is), then it's completely reasonable that the show was cancelled. However, scanning any paperwork, or at least mentioning through the website the ridiculous stipulations that the fire marshall's imposed would do a lot for the band's public perception, particularly at this crucial time in GNR's career, and would ease the minds of those fans that felt let down by yesterday's events.

I know people will say that GNR don't owe anyone anything and blah blah blah, but it would be a nice gesture to the fans, and I really hope that they will consider doing this. It will shut up the doubters - and I must admit I was one. Given past history, it's only reasonable to question things. The press release was vague at best. Since the fire marshall has now spoken on the radio and claimed that booze/ticket sales were the reason the show was cancelled, I think an official response would be well timed, and would also encourage those who may now be doubting whether to take long journeys to see the band.

I hope this doesn't get deleted, but... Huh
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »

So where can I find this post?

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:53:04 PM »

how many fucking threads do we need about this topic?  this is the third!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=38723.0

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
fixintodie
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

how many fucking threads do we need about this topic?? this is the third!

I thought it would have been off-topic in the Portland thread since that was for discussion of the existing press release. Sorry for offending you. Actually I'm not, since you're cluttering up the board yourself with useless crap.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 05:57:44 PM »

how many fucking threads do we need about this topic?  this is the third!

Freelance moderator?

Back to the topic- yes I think it would be great for a more specific press release to shut up the haters. Either that or can we supply some prozac to these people?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 05:59:31 PM »

how many fucking threads do we need about this topic?? this is the third!

Enough to make you literally cry about it.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 06:00:07 PM »

actually, you're stealing my thunder  hihi http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=38326.0

And my post wasn't useless, I am trying to tell you guys to post things in the right thread so that the discussion stays coherent.  now you have people asking where they can read this post, etc.  and you know it's going to get moved anyhow.

fixintodie
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »

Alright, yeah. I give up anyway. Move it, delete it, whatever.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 06:07:15 PM »

where is beta s post?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 06:08:03 PM »

where is beta s post?

It's in the original thread about this subject

SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 06:09:07 PM »

The page might be helpful, thanks.

Does she post as Beta or something else?
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 06:10:18 PM »

I'm not about to go through 4439587439587439857 pages to find a post that fixintodie should've quoted in the first place  hihi

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 06:10:44 PM »

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 06:11:15 PM »

I'm not about to go through 4439587439587439857 pages to find a post that fixintodie should've quoted in the first place  hihi

Neither am I, that is why I am asking..........

Edit: see it has been posted, thanks.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »

Why is it so hard to believe that the show was not cancelled because of tickets sales? The fire marshals and the building made it impossible for GNR to play. Everytime we agreed with something they found something else and that went on for almost 3 hours. Our crew were been threantened every 10 minutes that if they would light one cigarrete they would get a 1000 fine. If any of the fans coming to the show and would be cought smoking they would get a 1k fine. If anyone would look intoxicated they would be arrested. If anyband member would look intoxicated they would be arrested; if they felt that the pyro would cause any danger, they would stop the show and the list goes on. This incident has nothing to do with nybody in axls camp. promotores, our team and management came to the conclusion that cancelling was the right thing to do. Axl and band were not part of their decision at all. so please stop jumping to conclusions. is it better for the tour to continue or hv them arrested and maybe a cancelled tour? is was one show and lets blame the right people. stop jumping axls throat over this. he was going to do the show and got a call from management saying that the show was cancelled.

I'm sorry, but past experiences have made most of the fans schizophrenic and paranoid when it comes to any statement made by the band.
Rarely anything is answered, and when it is answered, it's quite vague, and ambiguous.
A big factor is the constant anxiety because the album release date has not yet been set,
and there's less than 2 months till the end of the year, and people are starting to get jumpy, and are afraid that after this fall, the band might not release the album as previously announced, or even worse, go underground once again(as in 2003-05 period).

Also, many questions have been left unanswered in the past,
So fans tend not to believe the band as the band would want them to. (Example, the 2002 tour cancellation).
the fright that the band might cancel the shows is always present, especially if people are traveling to the venue from other town/country..., and shows starting hours behind schedule are not making fans eager, but exhausted, especially for those on the arena floor.

This is a small rant of mine.
Things I brought up might seem small individually, but together they are quite annoying, and I guess is the reason behind the lack of trust.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 06:37:09 PM »

Huh, I would think she'd be capable of things like punctuation, proper grammer, accurate spelling , coherent sentence structure, etc etc.. but hey, whatever... believe what you want.   smoking
I do not believe that English is her first language so cut her some slack.    Kiss

I think it is cool of her to take minutes out of her life to try and address this very "diverse and passionate" crowd. She does not have to do so. I am very happy to hear that the Fire Marshall is the bad guy, but I do still wonder why this stuff wasn't known prior to agreeing to play there. Is it one of those things where yea there are bunch of rules but nobody enforces them (kinda like the U.S. border) and these guys (the Fire Marshalls) were just being extra big dicks about stuff that normally isn't an issue?

Also, it's GRAMMAR.   Wink
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 06:39:28 PM »

I really don't want to contribute to this thread (which should really be in the other thread), but i can't beleive you guys beleive that is beta, I could come here saying i was axl and make up some bullshit story and you would all beleive it.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 06:39:56 PM »

Huh, I would think she'd be capable of things like punctuation, proper grammer, accurate spelling , coherent sentence structure, etc etc.. but hey, whatever... believe what you want.   smoking

Here, have some karma for insulting another board member.

Grow up and respect the rules.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 06:41:42 PM »

the band might not release the album as previously announced, or even worse, go underground once again(as in 2003-05 period).

/quote]

Don't forget the 1995-2000 period. ? Good times.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
fixintodie
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »

I really don't want to contribute to this thread (which should really be in the other thread), but i can't beleive you guys beleive that is beta, I could come here saying i was axl and make up some bullshit story and you would all beleive it.

If she was merely someone else posting as Beta, Jarmo would have deleted her account in a second.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: