Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The DCU Center in Mantown 11/8- Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DCU Center in Mantown 11/8- Discussion Thread  (Read 20766 times)
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 04:49:22 PM »

PLEASE check the thread in the tour section for IMPORTANT preparty info.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »

should be a wild time, see you ladies and gents either at the pre show meeting or at the show itself Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 08:34:20 PM »

I'm going with my girl, but I am sick with the Flu (also lost my voice) so I'm gonna sleep after work, get to the show at 10:30 and leave before PC.

If there are sound problems I will cut out earlier than that. I'm too sick to handle that shit.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 09:03:48 PM »

Is there going to be an update thread?
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 09:28:41 PM »

I will be there. Oh hell yes.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 10:00:13 PM »

I'm going. I bought cheap seats (upper level), but I'm not too concerned if GN'R uses a large video screen, as most headliners do now. It would be nice if we were allowed to move closer to the floor, though.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 10:31:58 PM »

if i drive all the way out to worcester and this show is cancelled, i will never spend another dime on this dude.  and i don't think the cancelled show will make this one better.  that's a bad thing that happened and it will probably stress axl out.  i don't think he handles stress well.  i'm just annoyed.  i don't even know if i'll bother going. 
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 10:37:12 PM »

if i drive all the way out to worcester and this show is cancelled, i will never spend another dime on this dude.
And if I get hit by a bus while at work tomorrow, I'll have a bad day. What's the point of going into tomorrow with a negative attitude.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:11:50 AM by C0ma » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 12:18:14 AM »

For those who are going, Im sure you'll get a nice rant from Axl regarding Portland. I'm sure it will be good.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
newman
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 09:15:39 AM »

Looks like the Worcester Fire Marshall will be previewing the pyro at 5 pm tonight and will make the call.  Keep your fingers crossed.  confused

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2006/11/08/donovan_plays_the_nice_guy/

Guns N? fireworks don?t mix
Two nights after the state fire marshal's office in Maine pulled the plug on the band's pyro-heavy stage show, all systems are go for Axl Rose and the reconstituted Guns N' Roses tonight at Worcester's DCU Center. "I'll be there for a demonstration at 5 p.m. [tonight]," Worcester Fire Captain William Metterville said yesterday. "And if I don't like it, they don't use it." Monday's show in Portland was called off at the last minute after fire officials told the band that alcohol would not be allowed on stage when fireworks were going off. On its website, the band said the fire marshals had "made it impossible" for the band to perform at "the usual high standards their fans deserve." What fans they have left, that is. The Portland show sold barely 3,500 tickets. The DCU Center will honor those tickets, which tells us they have a lot of empty seats.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »

He sounds angry  hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
GeraldFord
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »

Here's a thought. The BIG show is MSG. If GN'R wanted to play a new song for the big show, wouldn't it make sense to test it out the show before?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 10:55:52 AM »

It should be fine but this is what gnr gets for making up a dumb excuse about fire marshals. This tour better not get derailed

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »

It should be fine but this is what gnr gets for making up a dumb excuse about fire marshals. This tour better not get derailed

why is it a dumb excuse ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »

why is it a dumb excuse ?

I am not going there again. But blaming the fire marshal for not doing a show is gonna piss all the other fire marshals off and another fire marshal could nix their pyro for shows down the road.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »

The pyro is cheesy as hell anyway-get rid of it. Use cool video screens and other imagery like they have. The confetti is a nice touch but pyro is way to 80's for me. Save some money and eliminate the risk. Pretty simple.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »

The pyro is cheesy as hell anyway-get rid of it. Use cool video screens and other imagery like they have. The confetti is a nice touch but pyro is way to 80's for me. Save some money and eliminate the risk. Pretty simple.

I love the pyro. It hits when you least expect it, and is great. It may be 80's, but GNR didn't start using it until 2002.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »

Nothing wrong with pyro but it is not needed..... If you need pyro to put on a good show then there is something wrong there.   Bands like Motley Crue use it because they suck live.... This band supposedly is the second coming of christ.. They shouldn't need it.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

Nothing wrong with pyro but it is not needed..... If you need pyro to put on a good show then there is something wrong there.? ?Bands like Motley Crue use it because they suck live.... This band supposedly is the second coming of christ.. They shouldn't need it.

It's just used to add a little extra excitment. It's never overused, and is only used spordically on about 4-5 songs depending on what set is played.

Comparing them to the Crue are two different things. The Crue, shit, 50% of their show is pyro gags.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »

I kinda miss that revolving camera thing they had going in 2002.  That was one of the most original things I've seen a band have as a stage 'prop' in a long time.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: