Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Popa Roach should be asked to leave tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Popa Roach should be asked to leave tour  (Read 11054 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« on: November 07, 2006, 08:51:44 AM »

After watching this news cast with the 2 guys from Popa Roach on it, I think they should get the boot from tour or at the very least a stern talking too..

http://www.wgme.com/NewsWeather/streaming/newsE.shtml

As being fans we must assume the press release is? accurate (yea maybe other factors involved too), PR is working for this tour under GNR, if they are going to place doubt on what GNR stance is on the venue or outcome then they are not needed. You can't have your team players stabbing you in the back.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:22:05 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:57:11 AM »

Why?Huh

Maybe they are more professional in their approach to the music world than you know who.
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:57:15 AM »

I don't think any reasonable person believes GNR's reasons for cancelling make sense. He's obviously disappointed, and he has every right. Aren't they leaving the tour soon anyway?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:01:16 AM »

In a way, I can see the original point, as they are the opener, and as such, should represent the tour in a positive light at all times.  Then again, it's obvious that PR have a different perspective on how to approach the business and their fans, and I can't blame them for being letdown.  It's fairly obvious to me that the implication from them is that the reasons given for the cancellation were not adequate.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 09:05:45 AM »

In a way, I can see the original point, as they are the opener, and as such, should represent the tour in a positive light at all times.?

EXACTLY MY POINT
As the opener of the tour they should represent the tour in a positive manner at ALL times, there comments were not professional

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 09:08:53 AM »

They were probably making a joke.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 09:11:01 AM »

After watching this news cast with the 2 guys from Popa Roach on it, I think they should get the boot from tour.

As being fans we must assume the press release is? somewhat accurate (yea maybe other factors involved too), PR is working for this tour under GNR, if they are going to place doubt on what GNR stance is on the venue or outcome then they are not needed. You can't have your team players stabbing you in the back.

That fuckin news shit is biased,
first: what the fuck is up with the old footage?
two: they dont even talk about the fire department?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 09:12:06 AM »

After watching this news cast with the 2 guys from Popa Roach on it, I think they should get the boot from tour.

As being fans we must assume the press release is  somewhat accurate (yea maybe other factors involved too), PR is working for this tour under GNR, if they are going to place doubt on what GNR stance is on the venue or outcome then they are not needed. You can't have your team players stabbing you in the back.

HAHAHAHAHA
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »

As being fans we must assume the press release is? somewhat accurate (yea maybe other factors involved too), PR is working for this tour under GNR, if they are going to place doubt on what GNR stance is on the venue or outcome then they are not needed. You can't have your team players stabbing you in the back.

HAHAHAHAHA

Orteeeeega Orteeeeega Tongue

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 09:16:37 AM »

I agree with you on that makes no sense

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »

HEHEHEHE
The best post of the day. hihi Grin Cheesy rofl

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 09:20:59 AM »

Not even mentioning anything regarding the press release? They did not do their research. Using footage that is over 15 years old proves this point!

No mention of the Worcester show accepting tickets for the Portland show either.

Cant give Papa Roach too much shit for not being happy about the situation. They are worried about the backlash themselves from this. However, no need to throw Axl under the bus. They do have a right to their opinion and have been performing pretty well under this tour. They only have a few dates left with GNR, so it doesnt make any sense whatsoever to kick themn off the tour.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 09:23:12 AM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »

Not even mentioning anything regarding the press release? They did not do their research. Using footage that is over 15 years old proves this point!

No mention of the Worcester show accepting tickets for the Portland show either.

Cant give Papa Roach too much shit for not being happy about the situation. They are worried about the backlash themselves from this. However, no need to throw Axl under the bus. They do have a right to their opinion and have been performing pretty well under this tour. They only have a few dates left with GNR, so it doesnt make any sense whatsoever to kick themn off the tour.
It's from last night, before the press release I'm assuming.
LasVegas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »

They are right. Look the tour is bombing there is NO new CD and finally he can just put this thing to bed. It is over, you and I both know it, same thing that happened last time.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 09:43:34 AM »

It seemed like the lead singer was kind of joking around taking it in stride...but the drummer should get bitch-slapped for dissing the band. 

On the Papa Roach front, I was surprised how much I enjoyed seeing the songs I've heard on the radio by them played live.  It reminded me as to why GNR doesn't play more new stuff without an album.  Anyone here who thinks GNR isn't playing enough new stuff is fucking crazy.  If you haven't heard an album on the radio or in a cd player, it just isn't the same.   peace

and LasVegas, cut the shit.  it aint over.  the tour is not bombing.  if it was bombing, would they still be so highly rated on Pollstar?  no.  god damn, if you watch that news story, it almost runs like an infomercial for the band.  Worcester's gonna rock.  Mark my words.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 09:46:02 AM »

Im no fan of PR ...but kick them off the tour because they are pissed they didnt get to play?? c'mon, how are people so blind around here.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 09:50:07 AM »

rockin cities for 25 years  Lips Sealed

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 09:50:55 AM »

Good for them for calling it like it is. 
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »

must be part of the publicity campaign, some one once said "there is no such thing a BAD Publicity" LOL
LasVegas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 09:59:05 AM »

It seemed like the lead singer was kind of joking around taking it in stride...but the drummer should get bitch-slapped for dissing the band. 

On the Papa Roach front, I was surprised how much I enjoyed seeing the songs I've heard on the radio by them played live.  It reminded me as to why GNR doesn't play more new stuff without an album.  Anyone here who thinks GNR isn't playing enough new stuff is fucking crazy.  If you haven't heard an album on the radio or in a cd player, it just isn't the same.   peace

and LasVegas, cut the shit.  it aint over.  the tour is not bombing.  if it was bombing, would they still be so highly rated on Pollstar?  no.  god damn, if you watch that news story, it almost runs like an infomercial for the band.  Worcester's gonna rock.  Mark my words.   peace

Doing good on Pollstar, DUDE I am in the INDUSTRY are you kidding me on this?? THE WIGGLES rank high when they go on sale. LOOK they sold 3000 out of 6000 seats for the place. Most areanas minus a few a not even half filled. I am not saying the new band nor music is not good, but HE IS AFRAID to put it out for fear of failure and that is the buzz going around now. HE keeps delaying it, NO ONE ELSE.
The tour is a joke anymore and we are all seeing it. I am sorry, I wish they would do better, but they are not. Look face it, so long as he does not put the CD out, people will NOT come.

Get off the Pollstar tip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: