Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:06:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bravewords.com release date rumor...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bravewords.com release date rumor...  (Read 42709 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2006, 03:29:47 PM »

Universal is releasing it. Not GNR. GNR
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »

Yeah, man!
Dont get me wrong! Im as optimistic as you! Trust me! Im know there is more aroma in the
air then ever before! I really belive November or december will be the month for a release.
And the November 21th date is a pretty good guess right now! But i just wonder, what kind of
website this is. If its reable? I dont know. Im excited about the date myselfe, because all the buzz
about it. And it beeing mentioned here and there..
I would like to see it pop up on interscopes or geffens site.. Lets just cross or fingers mate! ?ok

I only feel the aroma of shit so far.
I dont see nov.21st happening.

it's 2 weeks away. record stores would have known by now.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2006, 03:34:32 PM »

I only feel the aroma of shit so far.
I dont see nov.21st happening.

it's 2 weeks away. record stores would have known by now.

Yeah, if record stores are indeed the first places to have it. But like has been rumored before, perhaps an iTunes launch is in order. Didn't GNR pioneer some ticketless or print-at-home system for one of their concerts this year? Just like Brian May said, Axl is Rosa Parks. or something.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2006, 04:02:54 PM »

i wrote an email and blind carbon copied it to every email address on bravewords.com ( hihi)

I basically asked why they had taken down the news item, and when we can expect to see the leaked tracklist and artwork.? I haven't heard a thing back from anyone yet, and it's been at least 4 or 5 hours now, so I'm assuming they were threatened by management and told not to respond to any inquiries.

now, I'm not a lawyer, but I wouldn't think it would be illegal for them to post the release date online, would it?? I don't see how GNR could make any legal threats.

Earlier on, Martin emailed back with the following:

No idea where it came from... I have nothing to do with it. Are you sure it just didn't scroll by rather than being taken down?

It's a denial response, but it appears that as we get closer to the 21st we'll start seeing more websites letting the cat out of the bag. ok

I believe in the 21st.

sounds fishy.. id guess that management found out and told them to take it down...
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2006, 04:07:20 PM »

How about that...after 10 years I think I'm finally starting to believe it.

well, how reable is this list.. GnR has been listed on realeaselists the last 5 years... Is this any different?

True, but forgive me for being optimistic...this Nov. 21st rumor is the first that I've chosen to believe ever and I've been waiting a loooooooong time just like everyone else. I find most of the speculating pointless...this time I think they're onto something with the 'rush release blitz' campaign.

Yeah, man!
Dont get me wrong! Im as optimistic as you! Trust me! Im know there is more aroma in the
air then ever before! I really belive November or december will be the month for a release.
And the November 21th date is a pretty good guess right now! But i just wonder, what kind of
website this is. If its reable? I dont know. Im excited about the date myselfe, because all the buzz
I would like to see it pop up on interscopes or geffens site.. Lets just cross or fingers mate! ?ok

Yes, Cheers...

And of course I'm skeptical too. I'm guessing that website isn't reliable, but at the same time, the date makes perfect sense for all the reasons that have already been discussed - Black Friday timing, etc.

Everyone that's saying it's strategically impossible is forgetting that this is the most unconventional record pretty much ever. Everyone knows it won't meet conventional expectations even with the highest degree of promotion, so dropping it with minimal warning makes the most sense to me. It'll be all over the news, that's about as much free publicity as they could hope for at this point.

I don't think Merck would say 'you might walk in one Tuesday and find it' if that wasn't his plan. It's not a manager's job to lie/fuck with the public. They have something special/unique cooked up. My bet is on the 21st until Nov 22nd comes around and the CD isn't there.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »

Mysteron confirmed that statement from Merck was sarcasm, so it's really no point speculating on it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »

Thats effing retarded 2 weeks left for 21st. If it come out it'll be in December for sure.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »

How about that...after 10 years I think I'm finally starting to believe it.

well, how reable is this list.. GnR has been listed on realeaselists the last 5 years... Is this any different?

True, but forgive me for being optimistic...this Nov. 21st rumor is the first that I've chosen to believe ever and I've been waiting a loooooooong time just like everyone else. I find most of the speculating pointless...this time I think they're onto something with the 'rush release blitz' campaign.

Yeah, man!

Yes, Cheers...

And of course I'm skeptical too. I'm guessing that website isn't reliable, but at the same time, the date makes perfect sense for all the reasons that have already been discussed - Black Friday timing, etc.

Everyone that's saying it's strategically impossible is forgetting that this is the most unconventional record pretty much ever. Everyone knows it won't meet conventional expectations even with the highest degree of promotion, so dropping it with minimal warning makes the most sense to me. It'll be all over the news, that's about as much free publicity as they could hope for at this point.

I don't think Merck would say 'you might walk in one Tuesday and find it' if that wasn't his plan. It's not a manager's job to lie/fuck with the public. They have something special/unique cooked up. My bet is on the 21st until Nov 22nd comes around and the CD isn't there.

its been said over and over, the website IS credible... very credible actually.... its not like some random site.. they usually get their facts straight before posting stuff...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2006, 04:12:01 PM »

why does everything with GNR have to be a big god damn secret. its getting to the end of the year. and i can see keeping ppl guessing when it was september or october. But its Novemeber now. Its about time GNR just give the release date away.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2006, 04:12:37 PM »

I agree for some reason 21.11.06 always seemed like a real date(it is the date always resurfacing, the date everyone always seems to be talking about) where ther is smoke there is fire. This won will be one of the biggest forest fires ever.....I can't fuckin' wait......fact that the Harley thread and this not being deleted aleready is great promise ..........

I'm a beleiver.

CK

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2006, 04:13:12 PM »

I'm not doubting the websites credibility, but it seems odd to me that they would be the only ones getting the information.

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »

why does everything with GNR have to be a big god damn secret. its getting to the end of the year. and i can see keeping ppl guessing when it was september or october. But its Novemeber now. Its about time GNR just give the release date away.

Don't bitch to GNR, Bitch to Universal...
EFISH
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2006, 04:13:50 PM »

I'm not doubting the websites credibility, but it seems odd to me that they would be the only ones getting the information.
In fairness, if this is true.... Rolling Stone got the information over a month ago. Grin
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2006, 04:14:20 PM »

This thread would be gone...I sincerely doubt Jarmo has the patience to play games for the sake of a "fakeout."  Could be wrong, but my gut reaction is that if there were a modicum of truth to this, it'd be in the shitter.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »

I'm so excited and stoned I can't even type anymore ?peace

I love you all

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
guns_n_motley
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »

This thread would be gone...I sincerely doubt Jarmo has the patience to play games for the sake of a "fakeout."? Could be wrong, but my gut reaction is that if there were a modicum of truth to this, it'd be in the shitter.

why?? isnt that why management told the site to take it down???

the only reason Jarmo deleted that stuff was because management told him to...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »

This thread would be gone...I sincerely doubt Jarmo has the patience to play games for the sake of a "fakeout."? Could be wrong, but my gut reaction is that if there were a modicum of truth to this, it'd be in the shitter.

Thread heaven? hihi

It's not the same thing as the RS article. That one had quotes from managment, and that seems to be the red thread in the deleting around here.

Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1258736

Is that article known to people on the board?
It mentions the Nov 21st release date, and hasn't been deleted!
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2006, 04:24:47 PM »

This thread would be gone...I sincerely doubt Jarmo has the patience to play games for the sake of a "fakeout."  Could be wrong, but my gut reaction is that if there were a modicum of truth to this, it'd be in the shitter.

why?? isnt that why management told the site to take it down???

the only reason Jarmo deleted that stuff was because management told him to...

So now it is a given at any point that because management asks a site to remove something, it must be true?  By that logic then, the fact that Jarmo has not taken this down must indicate that this thread is, in fact, NOT true.  Perhaps management asked them to remove it because it was false and misleading...Then again, maybe not....hmmm...
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2006, 04:27:33 PM »

Thread heaven? hihi

It's not the same thing as the RS article. That one had quotes from managment, and that seems to be the red thread in the deleting around here.

That's an interesting point that I wish I'd seen prior to the last response I gave.  In any case, if the common thread running through deleted threads is comments from management, why was the Harley Press release deleted multiple times yesterday, while containing no quotes from any related parties?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: