Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bravewords.com release date rumor...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bravewords.com release date rumor...  (Read 42717 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »

This thread would be gone...I sincerely doubt Jarmo has the patience to play games for the sake of a "fakeout."? Could be wrong, but my gut reaction is that if there were a modicum of truth to this, it'd be in the shitter.

Thread heaven? hihi

It's not the same thing as the RS article. That one had quotes from managment, and that seems to be the red thread in the deleting around here.

That's an interesting point that I wish I'd seen prior to the last response I gave.? In any case, if the common thread running through deleted threads is comments from management, why was the Harley Press release deleted multiple times yesterday, while containing no quotes from any related parties?

There's two answers to that one. The mods on this page had been told to delete any thread about the HD ad since the prior incident. Jarmo is on vacation so they just did what they thought was right, but as you can see, we can talk about it now.

The other answer is, conscerning the last HD incident. Then they had prematurley put up the ad with Better on it, a song not yet released. I think that was the reason for what happened then, and since. Managment is trying to cover their ass, and prevent unreleased music from reaching the public.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2006, 04:34:30 PM »

I'm not doubting the websites credibility, but it seems odd to me that they would be the only ones getting the information.
In fairness, if this is true.... Rolling Stone got the information over a month ago. Grin

in fairness....   this was reported from lots of "news outlets" over the last month...  most of which probably just relied on the rolling stone article.... anyways...  this is definitely a realistical date peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2006, 04:36:32 PM »

i'm optimistic, but has anyone come up with a realistic scenario in which this kind of release is possible? how it can get to stores, remain secret, where itunes comes in... the speculation is great, and where there's a will there's a way, but i was wondering if anyone can think how.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2006, 04:38:14 PM »

i'm optimistic, but has anyone come up with a realistic scenario in which this kind of release is possible? how it can get to stores, remain secret, where itunes comes in... the speculation is great, and where there's a will there's a way, but i was wondering if anyone can think how.

well, if they don't release a date and just ship it out, we'll find out when some kid at best buy opens a box and finds a shitload of new GNR cds...

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »

well, if they don't release a date and just ship it out, we'll find out when some kid at best buy opens a box and finds a shitload of new GNR cds...

haha... yeah that's kind of what i was thinking. wondering how close to the release date tuesday a CD can arrive in stores. either way this coupled with the HD announcement is very encouraging.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »

shipments usually arrive on the thursday or friday before release.  So we could find out on the 16th or 17th. 

but another board member (i can't recall who) was saying that in special cases shipments can arrive on mondays before release.  not sure if there's any truth to that?

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »

This thread would be gone...I sincerely doubt Jarmo has the patience to play games for the sake of a "fakeout."  Could be wrong, but my gut reaction is that if there were a modicum of truth to this, it'd be in the shitter.

Thread heaven? hihi

It's not the same thing as the RS article. That one had quotes from managment, and that seems to be the red thread in the deleting around here.

That's an interesting point that I wish I'd seen prior to the last response I gave.  In any case, if the common thread running through deleted threads is comments from management, why was the Harley Press release deleted multiple times yesterday, while containing no quotes from any related parties?

There's two answers to that one. The mods on this page had been told to delete any thread about the HD ad since the prior incident. Jarmo is on vacation so they just did what they thought was right, but as you can see, we can talk about it now.

The other answer is, conscerning the last HD incident. Then they had prematurley put up the ad with Better on it, a song not yet released. I think that was the reason for what happened then, and since. Managment is trying to cover their ass, and prevent unreleased music from reaching the public.

Cheers for clearing that up....Now, then, what's your take on this latest situation?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »

Given EVERYTHING about CD is unconventional, budget,time to complete, 2 CD Tours without the album dropping, lack of presale info, lack of release date.

Why oh Why would anybody expect the info that leaks/rumours to be taken seriously or not. ?or in speach that you'll understand.

"What we've got here is failure to
communicate.
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week,
which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
N' I don't like it any more than you men."

The bottom line is it will drop if or when  it does - not a moment sooner. ?ok
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 04:51:10 PM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »

forget about the itunes...
itunes is for nerds.
most people dont use itunes, and never will.

not everybody, everywhere is a technogeek.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »

itunes is for nerds.

Actually, I think iTunes is for people who think they are technogeeks. And eMule and BitTorrent are for nerds... Smiley

But, who got the first chance to get tickets to the GNR concerts? The nerds (me included) on these message boards did...
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2006, 04:54:22 PM »

iTunes makes some sweet coin, so I assume a lot of people use it.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »

itunes is for nerds.

Actually, I think iTunes is for people who think they are technogeeks. And eMule and BitTorrent are for nerds... Smiley

But, who got the first chance to get tickets to the GNR concerts? The nerds (me included) on these message boards did...

actually..... eMule, BitTorrent, (and all that crap) is for people who think they're technogeeks.  IRC is for the real nerds   Grin

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »

actually..... eMule, BitTorrent, (and all that crap) is for people who think they're technogeeks.? IRC is for the real nerds? ?Grin

ah, rats! i was going for mass appeal. touche.

If Apple released a wristwatch, Mac users would think that Steve Jobs invented the concept of time.

edit: and to be fair, perhaps it could then be argued that Steve Jobs improved the concept of time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 05:04:07 PM by Tkkyj » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2006, 05:16:25 PM »

Cheers for clearing that up....Now, then, what's your take on this latest situation?

You mean this?

Two different BW&BK sources have indicated that Universal Records will release the long awaited new GUNS N' ROSES album, Chinese Democracy, on November 21st. Apparently, the label has put together a big surprise marketing campaign to promote the disc. Cover artwork and finalized tracklisting to follow.

At face value it does not seem like anything else than the usual rumors we get fed not too long after we get some information. But since this is said to be a reliable source with a good history, I don't know. I guess it could be possible, but to release something in that way is just something I've never experienced before.

If we assume getting it out that early is possible, then yes, I believe it.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »

itunes is for nerds.

That may have been the dumbest thing I've heard on this board.  Itunes is not for "tech geeks"  it's pretty easy to figure out and it's probably the coolest gadget ever to come into the music industry. 
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2006, 05:48:32 PM »

suprise marketing?  Shocked
guns_n_motley
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »

You mean this?

Two different BW&BK sources have indicated that Universal Records will release the long awaited new GUNS N' ROSES album, Chinese Democracy, on November 21st. Apparently, the label has put together a big surprise marketing campaign to promote the disc. Cover artwork and finalized tracklisting to follow.

At face value it does not seem like anything else than the usual rumors we get fed not too long after we get some information. But since this is said to be a reliable source with a good history, I don't know. I guess it could be possible, but to release something in that way is just something I've never experienced before.

this is GNR tho... a band whos been working on an album for 13years, spent 13million dollars... not your typical band
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2006, 05:53:03 PM »

suprise marketing?  Shocked
I've been saying so since 2003. I will be right.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2006, 05:53:58 PM »

You mean this?

this is GNR tho... a band whos been working on an album for 13years, spent 13million dollars... not your typical band

I hear you, but no matter how special you are, there are some factors you simply can't get around. Time will tell I guess.

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »

Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles is a great mag  - they are usually in the ballpark on all their rumours.  There are tons of insiders around these guys in Canada and Internationally.  Hopefully they are right, but if they are not - I will continue to sing the praises of this integrity-based mag.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: