Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The difference I have noticed between America & European tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The difference I have noticed between America & European tour  (Read 17088 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »

It just seems like Europeans are content with the status quo. Remember, they're the descendents of people who didn't think it was worth the risk to start a new society in America. They were cool with just staying where they were.  Grin

With GNR, Europeans are happy with things the way they are. Americans want something new.

www.mtv.com

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 02:51:40 PM »

It's unfair to base this on where someones from. I live in America, and I've always been a HUGE supporter. Yes, many, many people do whine all the time. Theres certain people here who I feel must live really unhappy lives. If they get so worked up over a rock band, imagine what else in their lives they get pissed about. Buy anways, I always have been, and always will be, one of Axl's biggest supporters no matter what happens.

Axl is God.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 02:57:32 PM »

With GNR, Europeans are happy with things the way they are. Americans want something new.

Americans don't want something new : Americans want the real GN'R.
And rightfully so.

Axl's band is coming up against grave difficulties, just as Aerosmith when Joe Perry left the band : it just doesn't work.

Arenas are not selling out at all : only 3000 people in Portland to see Axl and his band !
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 03:31:22 PM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 04:32:25 PM »

After being apart for 13 years, a reunion tour would be something NEW.

Like I said, Europeans are perfectly content with who's in the band now. And that's fine. In America, arenas aren't selling out because the "new" band is old news and there isn't a "new" album. We just demand more and have higher expectations.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2006, 04:58:40 PM »

americans have in some cases been reluctant to accept the new band, but it's largely through ignorance or stubborness. most people really into GNR or into rock music enjoy the shows.
i think the cancelled 02 tour has more to do with the negativity on the boards. the negativity on the street is something that will go away when people see/hear this band.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 06:09:59 PM »

I have never seen such negative comments and bullshit since the american tour has started. There have been really postive reviews from the media and yet the american fans who use this board still whine. Today I have read a post from someone who asked if 'it was all over with regards to the tour, album and the band!' After one show has been cancelled! WTF? During the european tour there was such a positive vibe on the message boards, even though the media were trying to slate Axl and the band! I am not for a second trying to say all american fans are like this, it just seems to be a whole lot of hard work for the band to please people when they are touring in their bloody home country! Please, Please keep the faith I am begging you! It is a truly great time to be a GnR fan! Its been a wild ride for many years and we are about to enter another great period in the bands history, so dont tarnish it now with negative shit that just makes people feel bad! We are so close! Mike
That's a good point.  The weird thing is the media review of the North American dates have all been very positive.  That wasn't always the case with the European gigs.  But there does seem to be more negativity on this board, even before the cancellation.  I would guess fans are just getting restless.  The end of the year is nearing and there is no release date for the album in sight.  All we need, is a little patience.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 08:10:19 PM »

And rightfully so.

The people in GNR make up what is now the "real GNR" please take some time and get over it. Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven, Izzy & Gilby have been out of the band for around 10 years now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2006, 08:16:49 PM »

americans have in some cases been reluctant to accept the new band, but it's largely through ignorance or stubborness. most people really into GNR or into rock music enjoy the shows.
i think the cancelled 02 tour has more to do with the negativity on the boards. the negativity on the street is something that will go away when people see/hear this band.

The bad reviews, bad press, bad publicity, and a riot is what caused the 2002 tour to be cancelled.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2006, 08:27:02 PM »

And rightfully so.

Axl's band is coming up against grave difficulties, just as Aerosmith when Joe Perry left the band : it just doesn't work.

Arenas are not selling out at all : only 3000 people in Portland to see Axl and his band !

go away

That's why the Gn'R Greatest Hits sold so well  Roll Eyes . America loves Guns N' Roses..  Just not the fraudulent band Axl is toting around.

go away, please.

why do you guys even post here?   you might want to take a look at the calendar and you'd see its 2006.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2006, 08:55:12 PM »

Why all the hate people? I don't see much logic in one continent being better than the other based on the popularity of a rock band.

There are many reasons why the European tour were more succesfull, if we can even make that conclusion at this point.

Guns N' Roses played alot of festivals. Alot of people who saw them at these festivals would not go see them at a normal gig.

Europe got a special relationship with America as a result of them helping us in the war, or some of us, depending on who you are hihi They lended us money to rebuild our countries, not in any way a charity case, but nonetheless, viewed as one. These factors, along with the sweet deals granted the US by our governments, has made it possible for american culture to get a special foothold in many European countries. As a result an american band is often viewed as something more special and worthy of seeing.

American bands often only play 1 or 2 gigs when they come to a european country. It's easier to gather 20.000 people in these gigs, opposed to a small population town in america.

Europe is in many ways more relaxed. Our countries are smaller, have less crime, less media stress, less wars, less anger. I can't varify this as I don't hold a degree in social studies, but one could think we as a result of this have more acceptance of people like Axl Rose.

The tour was in the summer. People have more money, more free time and are more eager to go out and do something.

Foreign bands need to be bigger and better to grab a foothold among the casual musiclisteners in europe, so those who do gains more fans.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »

I have never seen such negative comments and bullshit since the american tour has started. There have been really postive reviews from the media and yet the american fans who use this board still whine. Today I have read a post from someone who asked if 'it was all over with regards to the tour, album and the band!' After one show has been cancelled! WTF? During the european tour there was such a positive vibe on the message boards, even though the media were trying to slate Axl and the band! I am not for a second trying to say all american fans are like this, it just seems to be a whole lot of hard work for the band to please people when they are touring in their bloody home country! Please, Please keep the faith I am begging you! It is a truly great time to be a GnR fan! Its been a wild ride for many years and we are about to enter another great period in the bands history, so dont tarnish it now with negative shit that just makes people feel bad! We are so close! Mike

You know something Mike, I agree with you, it doesn't seem right to me either that people keep being so extremist and doing that kind of comments for one canceled show, specially since GNR has put so many many shows without any problem and getting good reviews.  But one thing is for sure, Axl has the key to stop the anger of people that is bitchin about everything.  The only thing he have to do is to speak. ... speak with the fans, give us something concrete, one word...

Is amazing that 54 days left to the end of the year and we still don't have a single official word of the release date, what I perceive in the boards is frustration, anger... because the time pass and it seems more difficult that Axl words -- "definately this year" -- could be true.  And that would be another broken promise.

//JK
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2006, 11:02:23 PM »

You know something Mike, I agree with you, it doesn't seem right to me either that people keep being so extremist and doing that kind of comments for one canceled show, specially since GNR has put so many many shows without any problem and getting good reviews.  But one thing is for sure, Axl has the key to stop the anger of people that is bitchin about everything.  The only thing he have to do is to speak. ... speak with the fans, give us something concrete, one word...

Is amazing that 54 days left to the end of the year and we still don't have a single official word of the release date, what I perceive in the boards is frustration, anger... because the time pass and it seems more difficult that Axl words -- "definately this year" -- could be true.  And that would be another broken promise.

haha oh yes.... because NONE of us expected that  Roll Eyes

I think the main difference is like what some have already said, in the US we are much more demanding.  We always want something to be better and to constantly improve.  We are never happy with the status quo.  Being that I am from the US I like it this way even though its much more stressful.  I cannot stand the people on here, and now that I think about it it may be more Europeans saying it, that we should just be happy with the band playing shows.  No thanks, I want something more than what we have already seen. 
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2006, 04:12:55 AM »

i think that the european tour looked better because europeans are going to shows just to rock out and have a good time regardless if there's something new or old. they just go there and rock out and don't care what others think of that as opposed to america where people go to shows if that band is cool at the moment, and, for now, the cool thing in america is to hate axl and gnr. americans care too much about what other people think of them and don't have the balls to admit they like gnr. if someone tells me i shouldn't go to see gnr because it's not cool anymore i'd tell them to fuck off with a big smile on my face

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2006, 07:21:04 AM »

go away, please.

why do you guys even post here?? ?you might want to take a look at the calendar and you'd see its 2006.

I am a Guns N' Roses fan, I will stay thanks... YOu however are not a Velvet Revolver fan and it you have been known to talk shit over there..

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2006, 07:25:04 AM »

why do you guys even post here?? ?you might want to take a look at the calendar and you'd see its 2006.
Oh yeah, it's 2006... You mean it's OK to be a fraud in 2006 ?

I'll download it !
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2006, 08:09:56 AM »

why do you guys even post here?   you might want to take a look at the calendar and you'd see its 2006.

How is replacing people who no longer wanted to be in this band with musicians who are more then capable of taking over for them being a fraud?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2006, 08:12:01 AM »

if you think Axl is a fraud then please explain what the fuck you are still doing on this board?

Axl isn't doing this for you.

take your negative bullshit to a board where its cool to hate and bash the band we are here to support.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2006, 08:16:32 AM »

Mike, just have to say, that I fully agree with your post. ?I'm completely baffled by the doom merchants who appear to look for the negative in every unscheduled (by their timetable) turn of events. ?I'm sure there are many American board members who are enjoying this leg of the tour as much as we enjoyed the summer shows, but it does seem that sometimes their voices get drowned out by the complaints brigade.

I wish that I could've got to a couple of shows in the US but it doesn't look very likely now. ?Nevertheless, I shall definitely be saving as much spare cash as possible over the next few months for the band's return to Europe next year (hopefully!), so that I can get a good run at the shows and meet up with some of the board's happy campers again!? yes

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »

How is replacing people who no longer wanted to be in this band with musicians who are more then capable of taking over for them being a fraud?
It is false to say that Slash and Duff didn't want to be in GN'R, don't forget it was THEIR band too. They simply didn't want to work under Axl's conditions, treated as employees, treated as shit, a whole different story than saying "people who no longer wanted to be in this band"...

I never said Axl was a fraud. I meant calling this band "Guns N'Roses" is a fraud, and I'll never change my mind even if Chinese Democracy was the best record in the history of music. This band is a new band, and it should be called different.

And since this is off-topic I won't add anything else.

I'll download it !
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 08:40:44 AM »

i think the negativity in part comes because its getting closer to the end of the year and people are getting tense. the internet and other technologies have made people impatient from day to day. one day people praise the band for adding new songs and the next they condemn them. i don't know why the album and all that other stuff is so important to people and why we tend to obsess ... its like being a huge fan of a particular sports team and feeling like you lost or won after a big game or really caring if they lose a player. strange.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: