Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:14:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The difference I have noticed between America & European tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The difference I have noticed between America & European tour  (Read 17082 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 09:04:31 AM »

well then, Sandinista, dont hang around here, bringing everyone else down - its just not necessary.

Great comments Mike, with you all the way.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »

In America, we have higher expectations for GNR.
No, you have not-
- and what has this to do with going to the gigs? maybe we aren't as dependant on comercial to go see shows? Tongue

hi mike wave

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 09:11:36 AM »

well then, Sandinista, dont hang around here, bringing everyone else down - its just not necessary.
There's nothing wrong with constructive negativity. Believe it or not, some people are actually disillusioned.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »

There's nothing wrong with constructive negativity. Believe it or not, some people are actually disillusioned.

There's no such thing as constructive negativity, constructive critizism maybe but not negativity. Here's the point that alot of us are trying to make:

If you're disappointed / dissillusioned / dismayed or anything of the sort with the band, I can understand. However there are a ton of us out there who are not. We'd like to be able to maintain a positive atmosphere without having to constantly read about how and why someone isn't a GNR fan anymore.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:02 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about? I'd like to have some reasonable discourse without being asked to leave, but I don't give you a hard time for it. God dammit.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about? I'd like to have some reasonable discourse without being asked to leave, but I don't give you a hard time for it. God dammit.

Did you mean "reasonable discussion"? I don't believe you're giving anyone a "discourse". Also, I didn't ask you to leave I just mentioned that there are a whole lot of people who'd rather be positive than negative all the time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 10:32:13 AM »

Are you French or something? Discourse means discussion and I was referring to the person who asked me to leave when I mentioned being asked to leave.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 10:44:49 AM »

Are you French or something? Discourse means discussion and I was referring to the person who asked me to leave when I mentioned being asked to leave.

A "discourse" is defined in Websters as a "A formal, lengthy speech on a subject". A "discussion" is what we're having here.

Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 10:52:01 AM »

Honestly, I have to ask: are you French? Seriously.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 10:56:13 AM »

Honestly, I have to ask: are you French? Seriously.

Ummm no. Why would someone who's French have a better grasp on the English language then you?

Anyways, if you feel the need to make pointless posts like this, please feel free to PM instead of spamming up everyone else's discussions.

Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2006, 11:05:32 AM »

hahahahaha
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2006, 11:16:16 AM »

Face it. When the tour started how many people on this board had seen GNR?

10%?

Now we've all had a chance - hell, i saw them twice

The band were always described as a legendary live act - we've now seen the reality

Some have loved what they have seen....but most realise there is a massive gap between reality and expectation

Its no surprise the mood has changed. GNR are a poor live band - ?40 for less than 15 songs, 3+ hr delays and then no momentum to the gig due to endless breaks

Exactly.  Good post.  This is the real problem guys.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2006, 11:21:39 AM »

10%?

The band were always described as a legendary live act - we've now seen the reality

Some have loved what they have seen....but most realise there is a massive gap between reality and expectation

Its no surprise the mood has changed. GNR are a poor live band - ?40 for less than 15 songs, 3+ hr delays and then no momentum to the gig due to endless breaks

Exactly.? Good post.? This is the real problem guys.

I can't help but have a COMPLETELY different opinion from both of you. I've seen the new band three times now in the US and they just blow me away everytime. More so then my experience with the original group.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2006, 11:26:53 AM »

The European tour was a great success.

Everything is relative. In the 90's, GN'R played in the stadiums when touring in Europe. This would be impossible now.

So ? What matters is the fact that they are playing. They've played  for some pretty big crowds last summer.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Rockout24/7
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »

10%?

Your kidding!!!

The first time I saw them was in 1992 and that was my first ever live gig.. I thought they were ok. After seeing many other live bands it became apparent to me that they were actually compartively poor at the time. Now this year Ive been to 2 GnR shows and they are the best live band Ive ever seen & trust me Ive seen a good few!

Maine Road, Manchester - June 14th 1992
RDS Arena, Dublin - June 9th 2006
M.E.N Arena, Manchester - July 23rd 2006
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2006, 11:46:58 AM »

10%?

Your kidding!!!

The first time I saw them was in 1992 and that was my first ever live gig.. I thought they were ok. After seeing many other live bands it became apparent to me that they were actually compartively poor at the time. Now this year Ive been to 2 GnR shows and they are the best live band Ive ever seen & trust me Ive seen a good few!

Same here. I saw GN'R in 1991 and they were good. But they were much better when I saw them again this summer. This summer was the best two concerts I've seen in my life and I've seen Iron Maiden, Metallica etc. and am a fan of those bands also.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »

Now I tend to appreciate people opinions in general, but here you are just plain and simply wrong! GNR are a poor live band! What are you talking about! How can you judge when you say you have seen them play 4 times? Well mate I have seen them 22 or 23 times and trust me you are very wrong! Mike

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 12:57:02 PM »

another difference is that americans apparently don't know how to record shows hihi
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 12:58:45 PM »

Great comments Mike, with you all the way.

Thankyou very much babydolls! Its just so frustrating reading some of the crap that gets put on here by people who think they know what they are talking about!

The one thing that I put in my post that I wish people would do, but they dont seem able to is: 'keep the faith'. If I can do it, and so can countless others who have been fans since the beginning why cant people who have only been fans for a few years? These people dont know the meaning of the word waiting! Mike

JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

It just seems like Europeans are content with the status quo. Remember, they're the descendents of people who didn't think it was worth the risk to start a new society in America. They were cool with just staying where they were.  Grin

With GNR, Europeans are happy with things the way they are. Americans want something new.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: