Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:09:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The difference I have noticed between America & European tour
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The difference I have noticed between America & European tour  (Read 15871 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: November 07, 2006, 07:19:02 AM »

I have never seen such negative comments and bullshit since the american tour has started. There have been really postive reviews from the media and yet the american fans who use this board still whine. Today I have read a post from someone who asked if 'it was all over with regards to the tour, album and the band!' After one show has been cancelled! WTF? During the european tour there was such a positive vibe on the message boards, even though the media were trying to slate Axl and the band! I am not for a second trying to say all american fans are like this, it just seems to be a whole lot of hard work for the band to please people when they are touring in their bloody home country! Please, Please keep the faith I am begging you! It is a truly great time to be a GnR fan! Its been a wild ride for many years and we are about to enter another great period in the bands history, so dont tarnish it now with negative shit that just makes people feel bad! We are so close! Mike

anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 07:37:20 AM »

Well said mike it seems there are a lot of people here just dying for GNR to fuck up, if they are so negative towards the band why register here, i would love to see so many other bands fuck up and fall over but i dont feel the need to go to their fanboards and spout negative shit about them. So why do it here
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:41:44 AM »

I think GnR fans are different in that we have been thru a hell of a lot. A lota broken promises and years of nothingness.

Cancelling that show is typical gnr... sod all notice and crap excuses about firemarshalls. The venue wasnt even half sold out... so thats why theyve cancelled it, hoping those fans go to the gig on the 8th which is probably also struggling to fill.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 07:44:22 AM »

Just seems to me that European fans are more easily pleased is all. ?Maybe it's a cultural thing...who knows?

In America, we have higher expectations for GNR. ?It is not enough for Axl to just resurface. ?Going to see GNR live is great and all, but there are too many other distraction (and shitty music) here for loads of people to buy tickets to a concert for a band that has nothing new to offer and no original members. ?I can tell you this much. ?If this was old GNR touring with no new music, these places would be selling out. ?

I was in Europe earlier this year and it was quite obvious that the difference in musical taste is cultural. ?I think I posted this before. ?I was in a bar in Spain and an old Bon Jovi song came on. ?The place went nuts like it was a new song that had just hit the airwaves. ?In America the same bar wouldn't have cared. ? I wouldn't say Europe is behind the US in terms of pop-culture because that wouldn't be unfair. ?It's just not the same here.

That's just my thoughts, but who really knows. ?I for one am not impressed with this tour so far and I can say that because I've been to a show. ?Half empty arenas are a shame if you knew what the old band used to be like. ?I'd feel bad for Axl except its his fault. ?

Ask yourself why we don't have a single yet? ?There is just no answer for that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:47:03 AM by Charity Case » Logged
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:48:39 AM »

I think maybe in Europe we are definately more casual about it... we will go and see a band like gnr with an open mind.

There definately seems more hate for gnr in the US than the UK.

For me it was a treat to see GnR this summer along with VR and Motley crue. Nothing negative to say about any of those bands.
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 07:49:25 AM »

Very true, 33. ?Only when the NY-gigs happened it was "cool to be a GNR-fan". ?Now it seems it's cool again to whine about them. ?I don't get it either. ?Isn't it about the music? ?Now they are making music again and now Chinese Democracy may see the daylight in some time and all you hear is nag nag nag. ? They show up to late, they should release a single, they should release CD now, ... ?just enjoy the shows and see what happens. ?Just relax. ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:05:01 AM by Miggy » Logged
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 07:54:30 AM »

Just seems to me that European fans are more easily pleased is all. ?Maybe it's a cultural thing...who knows?

In America, we have higher expectations for GNR. ?It is not enough for Axl to just resurface. ?Going to see GNR live is great and all, but there are too many other distraction (and shitty music) here for loads of people to buy tickets to a concert for a band that has nothing new to offer and no original members. ?I can tell you this much. ?If this was old GNR touring with no new music, these places would be selling out. ?

I was in Europe earlier this year and it was quite obvious that the difference in musical taste is cultural. ?I think I posted this before. ?I was in a bar in Spain and an old Bon Jovi song came on. ?The place went nuts like it was a new song that had just hit the airwaves. ?In America the same bar wouldn't have cared. ? I wouldn't say Europe is behind the US in terms of pop-culture because that wouldn't be unfair. ?It's just not the same here.

That's just my thoughts, but who really knows. ?I for one am not impressed with this tour so far and I can say that because I've been to a show. ?Half empty arenas are a shame if you knew what the old band used to be like. ?I'd feel bad for Axl except its his fault. ?

Whilst I love the States and visit 3/4 times a year, have to say with hand on heart that I prefer the European music culture over America's any day of the week. I think its alittle patronising to suggest that Europeans will just accept the GN'R situation as posted by someone earlier. The European tour was a great success. Maybe the American audience is just too hard to please, always wanting something extra, something bigger, something louder, something free...

Keep em under your wheels.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 08:00:15 AM »

The European tour was a great success.

Everything is relative. In the 90's, GN'R played in the stadiums when touring in Europe. This would be impossible now.

I'll download it !
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:02:46 AM »

i think you're way off.
in the sense of europe is becoming more and more like america, and when we're happy to see gnr, that is just our real side showing. we like good music.

americans have been treated with britney and mtv pop culture for too long, and therefore have lost the sense of taste.

and you are blaming the shows for half empty arenas?
welll, face it, america do not like GNR. they dont like the music. they want 50 cents and P Diddy.

i dont want to defend gnr blindly, but it's not their fault. the concerts are great. you guys dont buy tickets to go see the show. and then bitch cause the arena is empty. too bad.
i traveled to NYC, London and Paris. to see the band. and it was amazing.

but yeah, vote Smiley

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 08:06:10 AM »

Whilst I love the States and visit 3/4 times a year, have to say with hand on heart that I prefer the European music culture over America's any day of the week. I think its alittle patronising to suggest that Europeans will just accept the GN'R situation as posted by someone earlier. The European tour was a great success. Maybe the American audience is just too hard to please, always wanting something extra, something bigger, something louder, something free...

yeah.
americans want more pyro.
if there's no explosions... whats the point in seeing a show?!
GNR should bring a monster truck to the show. I bet all the rednecks over there would rush to see them live...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:08:09 AM »

Everything is relative. In the 90's, GN'R played in the stadiums when touring in Europe. This would be impossible now.

I agree, but based upon what completing what they had set out to do, the European tour was a great success. If they had tried to sell a whole stadium tour it would not have worked.

I stand by my point on American audiences being more demanding, although I am generalising the whole arena audience rather than hardcore. HTGTH members who are happy to support the band they love.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 08:09:55 AM »

america do not like GNR. they dont like the music. they want 50 cents and P Diddy.

That's why the Gn'R Greatest Hits sold so well ?Roll Eyes . America loves Guns N' Roses.. ?Just not the fraudulent band Axl is toting around.

i was talking at the present tense
therefore GNR means this current band
america DO NOT like this band
that's all. no harm.

in europe we liked the way the old songs are played, we like the new songs, we like the sound.
apparently, in the usa, few like it, and it's too hard for them to convince their friends to go there.

hey, it's not a problem, you ain't obliged to like the new band Smiley

meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:10:32 AM »

That's why the Gn'R Greatest Hits sold so well? Roll Eyes . America loves Guns N' Roses..? Just not the fraudulent band Axl is toting around.

There goes this thread..........DEAD HORSE........... ?Why spoil things? ?

Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 08:14:18 AM »

I really think that it's just the vocal minority who complain. There's a lot of positive thinking fans who just like to read these boards, because it's not worth the hassle to start arguing with some people. Some people will allways complain no matter what happens. If CD comes out next week they think it's too early on a promotional point of view, if it comes out in december it's too close to christmas to maximize sales because people have allready bought presents. When it comes out and it's great they will complain because the wait was too long or because they think that the band chose a wrong first single or something.

But they are minority. Most people actually like the band and what they are doing, they just don't write as much. Just look at the reviews after almost any show. They are all very positive and usually from people who have only written a handful of posts. They're people who go to the shows instead of overanalyze everything on the internet.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 08:28:50 AM »

I really think that it's just the vocal minority who complain. There's a lot of positive thinking fans who just like to read these boards, because it's not worth the hassle to start arguing with some people. Some people will allways complain no matter what happens. If CD comes out next week they think it's too early on a promotional point of view, if it comes out in december it's too close to christmas to maximize sales because people have allready bought presents. When it comes out and it's great they will complain because the wait was too long or because they think that the band chose a wrong first single or something.

But they are minority. Most people actually like the band and what they are doing, they just don't write as much. Just look at the reviews after almost any show. They are all very positive and usually from people who have only written a handful of posts. They're people who go to the shows instead of overanalyze everything on the internet.

Exactly. It's a very vocal minority, but minority none the less.

Never forget, out of every 1 complainer, there were 1,000 that felt they got their money's worth, and had their ass kicked properly.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »

Why would anybody have faith in Guns N Roses anymore? They can't even please the most die-hard fans in the world anymore.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 08:48:28 AM »

Why would anybody have faith in Guns N Roses anymore? They can't even please the most die-hard fans in the world anymore.

Well, and see that's the problem. Once your hardcore fan base looses faith and support... it's all downhill after that.  Undecided

Most casual people feel this is a cover band anyways. Which is sad, because these guys rock.  Sad

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 08:51:30 AM »

Can't please the fans? ?Roll Eyes

I saw them twice in the summer and they were both brilliant shows! I've seen many videos/mp3's from the tour and the band is in great form. I've heard few demos from the album and absolutely love them. Chinese Democracy is finally coming out and is going to be great. I am feeling pleased...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 08:58:06 AM »

I have never seen such negative comments and bullshit since the american tour has started. There have been really postive reviews from the media and yet the american fans who use this board still whine. Today I have read a post from someone who asked if 'it was all over with regards to the tour, album and the band!' After one show has been cancelled! WTF? During the european tour there was such a positive vibe on the message boards, even though the media were trying to slate Axl and the band! I am not for a second trying to say all american fans are like this, it just seems to be a whole lot of hard work for the band to please people when they are touring in their bloody home country! Please, Please keep the faith I am begging you! It is a truly great time to be a GnR fan! Its been a wild ride for many years and we are about to enter another great period in the bands history, so dont tarnish it now with negative shit that just makes people feel bad! We are so close! Mike

Face it. When the tour started how many people on this board had seen GNR?

10%?

Now we've all had a chance - hell, i saw them twice

The band were always described as a legendary live act - we've now seen the reality

Some have loved what they have seen....but most realise there is a massive gap between reality and expectation

Its no surprise the mood has changed. GNR are a poor live band - ?40 for less than 15 songs, 3+ hr delays and then no momentum to the gig due to endless breaks

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 08:59:18 AM »

Can't please the fans?  Roll Eyes

I saw them twice in the summer and they were both brilliant shows! I've seen many videos/mp3's from the tour and the band is in great form. I've heard few demos from the album and absolutely love them. Chinese Democracy is finally coming out and is going to be great. I am feeling pleased...
Yes, they put on great shows, and I've also talked to a bunch of die-hard fans who can't be bothered risking a GNR show anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: